[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking into buying a fightstick. It's going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1465215830420.jpg (312 KB, 600x780) Image search: [Google]
1465215830420.jpg
312 KB, 600x780
I'm looking into buying a fightstick.
It's going to be mostly for Ps3/4/PC.
Does anybody have a good guide or tips? $150 is my maximum.
I'm thinking of the Hori, but I'm open to other options. I also want to give it custom art, so guides for that would be appreciated as well.

Picture for attention only.
>>
>EVO time and no replies
Should I just ask a general?
>>
>>345286470
Watch amazon for good deals, I was able to snag a HRAP 4 for around $110 at the start of the year.

There are some EVO deals as well, but I'd recommend staying way from TE2s since they're overpriced to shit most of the time
>>
>>345287212
Can I add custom art to a HRAP 4?
>>
>>345287324
Yeah, but I wouldn't really recommend it not knowing what's on sale and what ain't. It's been nice to me though despite needing a bit of work to work with SF5

Check out
http://slagcoin.com/joystick.html
and the stick section of /fgg/'s pastebin
http://pastebin.com/pYdwfntu

Post about whatever stick you like in a relevant thread/general for opinions before you pull the trigger on buying them
>>
>>345286470
Buy a Hori stick.

The quality control on madcatz sticks has gone to shit and so has their support.
>>
>>345287907
Thanks, anon. Will look into it.
>>
>evo comes around
>threads start popping up about buying fightsticks

Like clockwork.

I'll just say this, you've obviously been watching EVO and think playing a fighter with a stick is the only way to go. But it's mostly superficial. You'll get it, try it out, and be disappointed with how bad you're doing with it.

Sure over time, you'll git gud with it, but you're good with the controller now, why switch up just because you see all the pros with fight sticks? I promise you, you won't be entering evo next year after buying a stick today, those pros come with years of experience, they use fightsticks because they've always been using them. Not because decided to become pro one day and bought one.

anyway, I'll stop ranting, it's just funny how this happens every year. My advice is just to save your money, its not as essential as you think it is.
>>
>>345288528
Actually no.
I've been playing fighters for years, mostly with borrowed sticks, but it's for me to buy one.
I'm used to playing with stick, and I have used them for a very long time. I just have never owned one myself because I haven't looked into the logistics of buying one until now.
>>
I want to feed Filia and watch her grow!
>>
THICK
H
I
C
K
I have a Q4, it has switches to change from PC to PS3 to 360

Not sure about PS3 stick compatibility with most PS4 fighting games, but the stick itself is pretty good for being pretty cheap.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.