[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RimWorld on Steam now Get your access keys boys I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: lXDUTdu.jpg (305 KB, 1900x1200) Image search: [Google]
lXDUTdu.jpg
305 KB, 1900x1200
RimWorld on Steam now

Get your access keys boys

I can't get into the ludeon website, it seems down due to traffic, does anyone know what the accompanying update is all about?
>>
File: PeanutPanic.jpg (40 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
PeanutPanic.jpg
40 KB, 520x520
>>345285680
Could i get an anon's totally honest opinion on this? I looks pretty slick. Reminds me alot of Prison Architect.
>>
>>345286516
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEJ6QymV7-o

Watch it till the end, he is not a faggot Youtuber, its just a story of how much shit can happen in the game.

Seriously i bought the game after some anon showed the game here.

Also is totally different than Prison Architect, same layout, different depths
>>
File: 20160716211507_1.jpg (360 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160716211507_1.jpg
360 KB, 1920x1080
I like it, you can already screw around with mods.

Tutorial is pretty lacking but once you know your way around its pretty entertaining
>>
File: 91494894.jpg (24 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
91494894.jpg
24 KB, 600x451
>>345285680

Ludeon's website, and the wiki are undergoing upgrade and migration they couldn't handle the traffic increase from Early Access entry.

>>345286516
You can inprison combatants, euthanize them, or harvest them for doner organs, or recruit them

Thee are several forms of big bads that will fuck your shit up even in late game

People have been comparing it to Dwarf Fort lite.

It makes sense, your colony members can flip their shit. You can get some with psychological vices that eventually require you to do drastic shit.

Like remove a healthy spine and replace it with a bionic one to satisfy some psychosis.

You can practice animal husbandry, and tame attack animals too

In addition to big bads, there are roaming space traders you contact via geosynchronous satellite, There are factions in the game or may or may not be hostile and roam through your map from time to time.

You'll get escapees who beg you for protection in return for servitude.

Interstellar shit can happen like Eclipses, Solar Flares, Radioactive fallout winters, or toxin atmosphere.

The list goes on. There are also incredibly robust mods that add a bunch of crazy shit.
>>
File: PeanutPanic2.jpg (30 KB, 545x545) Image search: [Google]
PeanutPanic2.jpg
30 KB, 545x545
>>345286767

>squirrels
>tragedy
>hopelessness
>that final stand

if i lose only ever one game in such a heroic way, I can die fulfilled.
>>
>>345289151

There was a mod that grossly expanded the biotech aspect of the game, you could replace ALL aspects of the colonists body with engineered organs or bionic limbs of various types, almost like someone smooshed a Cyberpunk Chrome catalog into the game.

I had a nurse who'd been mauled by some mercenaries who had roughly 80% of her body bionically modified, I had to in order to keep her useful.

During another attack, she beat a mercenary in power armor to death, stole his plate carrier & weapon and ran around without pants on killing the rest in a Berserk.

It's got some straight dwarf fortress type of shit going on.
>>
Can you imprison women and use them as breeding stock?
>>
>>345289459
This sounds fucking great, will probably get it as soon as it goes on sale.
>>
>>345289151
I've had the same situation happen to a greater degree of hopelessness with boomrats before

You don't realize just how many boomrats/squirrels exist on the map until they frenzy
>>
bump
DF and Prison Architect is too complicated for me. Will I like this game?
>>
Torrent where?
>>
>30 bucks
is this a joke
>>
>>345292230
probably not
>>345292269
google
>>345292612
some people have jobs anon
>>
>>345292612
price does seem a bit too high for me to currently bite.
>>
File: 1468723835209.png (40 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
1468723835209.png
40 KB, 700x400
>doing pretty good, have 5 guys with their jobs, plenty of animals and crops
>Singleton's wife drops from the sky and dies
>his friend dies taming a boar
>goes berserk and kills the remaining dudes

not even mad
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.