[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game any good and should I play it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: header.jpg (40 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
40 KB, 460x215
Is this game any good and should I play it?
>>
>>345252856
pretty bad
>>
>>345252856
It's a fairly niche game. You'll either love it or never get out of the first area.
>>
perfectest
>>
>>345252856
you'll either hate it or really fucking love it
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>345252856
Rhetorical question, or just a summer newfag on /v/? It's one of THE most loved games around here! Been talked about for 9 years straight now. Definitely one of the most atmospheric and immersive games out there, and way better than any other modern "survival" game.

Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.
>>
>>345252856
It's one of those games where nothing is explained very well so you wander around confused running into conflicts and wars you have no reason to fight in and making up your own motives.

And it's great.
>>
>>345252856
It's a piece of shit unmodded but I really enjoyed it with the Complete mod.
>>
>>345253772
ive noticed the game talked about a lot but i almost completely ignored all of it.

i like survival games and slavshit so i'll give it a shot i suppose.
>>
It's got one of the greatest "hobo phases" of any game. It's that part of the game where you're alone and scared and everything is absolutely deadly and you have to scrape in the dirt just to afford a couple rounds of corrosive WW2 surplus ammo for your rusty pistol.

It feels really fucking great to finally crawl out of that hole and buy your first real gun, and start finding artifacts so you can buy a bottle of name brand vodka instead of having to drink some bandit's toilet gasoline moonshine.
>>
Buggy, but fixable with mods like ZRK and others.

It's atmosphere is orgasmic. The RPG elements are nice. It's a great survival horror game on the whole. Call of Pripyat is polished. Clear Sky is buggier, but again, mods, such as Sky Reclamation Peoject, help out a lot.

Enjoy SoC for the gutted, yet engrossing classic it is.
>>
Just fucking play it.
What could go wrong?
>>
File: Garbage car AK74.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Garbage car AK74.jpg
303 KB, 1920x1080
>>345253956
>I like survival games and slavshit
boy, you're most likely going to LOVE it then!
STALKER is the game to thank for the huge waves of "survival" games and slav-memedry. No other game has managed to get it quite right the same way, though.

The games can be a bit rough around the edges, but the game's setting kinda allows you to look past those small flaws. It's quite enjoyable to play games that do NOT handhold you through the whole ride, and instead tend to literally love kicking you to the groin if you get too cocky.
>>
>>345254492

And SoC can fucking humble the most diehard of fps fans. Clear Sky is punishment on a whole other level.
>>
>>345252856
Played through the first game a couple weeks ago, only had a bug fix mod and I really enjoyed it. The ending was a bit lack luster to me, but the gunplay and atmosphere was great.
>>
File: The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg (636 KB, 986x897) Image search: [Google]
The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg
636 KB, 986x897
>>345254792
>And SoC can fucking humble the most diehard of MODERN fps fans.
FTFY.
Back in 07, it felt like a mix and match of then still pretty typical game elements. Not much different from Far Cry 1, while the "progression system" concerning gear you get was pretty typical WRPG stuff.

Nowadays, however, kids ain't used to having to start with absolutely minimal gear, and different arms being actually clearly "ranked" and differing performance-wise. Not to mention the included bullet physics, which seem to totally throw people used to hit-scan & aim-assist off guard.
>>
File: wrong ending - what doorway.jpg (110 KB, 450x536) Image search: [Google]
wrong ending - what doorway.jpg
110 KB, 450x536
>>345255169
>The ending was a bit lack luster to me,
which ending did you get?
I didn't get / find the "real" one before my 2nd playthrough.
>>
File: 1466454840900.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1466454840900.webm
2 MB, 960x540
no
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.