[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total Warhammer thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: Beastmen.jpg (141 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Beastmen.jpg
141 KB, 800x600
Why are people complaining about this exactly?

Is it strictly just poorfags who want free shit or is there an actual reason for disliking this? Cause it honestly seems like a good DLC and given the history with DLC for total war games its price is pretty fuckin decent.
>>
>>345243683
>good DLC
Nope
>>
>>345243683
>its price is pretty fuckin decent
its not, if the prices for the dlc's stay like this the complete game will be easily around 300€
>>
>>345243683

Stupidly expensive. I'll wait for a "complete edition" or not even bother with these DLCs.
>>
>>345243683
The price they're asking for is what you should expect an entire fucking expansion pack to be. It's the price that a season pass to acquire ALL of a game's DLC would normally cost.

The fact they also didn't prepare cheaper versions of the DLC that only provide playable Beastmen in Multiplayer/Grand Campaign is also a failure.
>>
I'm such a slut for Warhammer fantasy that my eyes don't even see the price. I'll buy whatever race comes out.
>>
File: 1363652708111.png (264 KB, 362x462) Image search: [Google]
1363652708111.png
264 KB, 362x462
>>345243683
It sets a bad precedent. If every DLC comes out at that price, and you buy all DLC for the game your total price will be over 200$. That's kinda fucked up in my opinion.
>>
File: Angry Rodent.jpg (162 KB, 700x714) Image search: [Google]
Angry Rodent.jpg
162 KB, 700x714
Make a whole game
Cut it in little pieces
Nickel and dime it back to consumers who already paid full price for your fucking game to begin with

You think a $15 DLC is fair with a $60 game that has barely any content?
>>
>>345246175
>>345246280
>>345246630
>>345247076
>>345247307

Guess I'm waiting for a steam sale...
>>
>>345247307
>Make a whole game
>Cut it in little pieces
You people say this about any game that has DLC

The game that was released had a shit ton of content to begin with, even without mods. The Chaos thing was kind of gay, but at least they gave it to people who bought the game on the first week
>>
>>345247749
You're sitting online making excuses for a game company and trying to justify the cost and existence of DLC.

How did you fuck up your life badly enough to end up like this.
>>
>>345247749
>shit ton of content
>3 factions + 1 dlc
>Shogun 2 had 12

Damn...
>>
>>345247749
Now, now I actually started Total War with Warhammer. Found it pretty good. Not worth full price but eh, pretty good.

I took the opportunity to get Attila for almost nothing and what did I fucking discover?

There are fucking playable naval battles. City battles are actually good, there is unit variation, a fuckton of factions, etc...

In other words, a fuckload of things Warhammer had and a fuckton more.

TW:Warhammer is missing a lot of content. This is not up for debate.
>>
I could bet money that Skaven are soon to come. That little missing population event happens so much, it must be to tease us.
>>
>>345250357
i doubt skaven will come before the 2nd or even 3rd expansion
they have to intoduce an underground map to map skaven properly work
>>
>>345243683
>is there an actual reason for disliking this?

Going down the path of DLCfest, They'll only bank money when the game was release (because it's fucking WHFB in a franchise that fit the setting best), and when it's complete.

They'll have to be quick, so as to not be forgotten by the mass.

Also denuvo, because no matter what, if a game has it, any discussion will be skub-tastic.
>>
Leddit shills have been crying for DLC and this is what they got.
>>
>>345246175
Do you mean for the first game and DLC, or all three planned games plus respective DLC for those?
Because 300 for 3 games and all DLC new is really not that objectionable, considering the mileage you get out of TWs.
>>
>>345250675
>they have to intoduce an underground map to make skaven work properly
You would think so for dwarves and goblins too..., but alas... .
>>
>>345251428
You mean expansions, right?
>>
>>345243683
i want to see how much this game will cost per total when all DLC is released. i called it. will it be over 200$? i think it will be
>>
>>345251428
>mileage
Mount and Blade should cost 10000$ then
>>
>>345243683
Beastmen were the LEAST interesting addition they could have made. There's a fucking reason no one ever played Beastmen on TT. Fucking Chaos Dwarves got more play than Beasties. If they'd chosen some races people actually wanted, Say Skaven, Ogres, High Elves, or Dark Elves no one would have complained. But Beastmen are just a terrible army that was the absolute laziest design decision GW ever made. "Hey, Chaos needs some chaff units, so let's put Greek Satyrs in Warhammer, and give them a Vampire: The Masquerade-esque backstory about how they're all mutant babies abandoned in the woods. " "Could we at least make different kind of beast-men than just Satyrs?" "No"
>>
File: manthing tears.png (290 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
manthing tears.png
290 KB, 500x500
>>345246175
>the complete game will be easily around 300€
And? It will be the vidya to end all vidya, A vidya for life. $300 is nothing when you get 10,000 hours of fun out of it.
>>
>>345247749
attila blows this shit out of the water in battle variety, unit diversity, content, faction variation and position in campaigns, diplomacy, world dilemmas and events, etc. pretty much everything

they went full jew mode with warhammer because they knew that it had a dedicated fanbase which will eat entire kilos of shit off their plate because they like the setting and you sit here and defend their retardedly overpriced products on a mongolian horse archery and basket weaving board. you need to rethink your life
>>
Fuck off shill, the price is god damn outrageous. A faction pack isn't worth anywhere near $20. Even $8 would be pushing it. This game is fucking garbage compared to previous TW games too.
>>
>>345252064
I agree with everything you're saying but I'm really glad they added beastmen first. I have 0 intention of buying this DLC for anything more than 5$.
I think that they will make the campaign map a lot more fun though. They made the Medieval 2 mod very intense.
>>
>>345252064
i can't wait for the more popular factions to get introduced. elves and skaven will probably be 30$ a piece
>>
>>345251637
with those they still can get away without an underground realm, but for skaven it isnt possible
thats why i said that they wont come before they have reworked the map, idk how exactly they want to do such an underground map but i hope it will be similar to what age of wonders did
that way dwarves and skaven can battle for the underground, it would be nice if they made nightgoblins a seperate faction aswell to add to that
>>
What happens when the most Jew miniature company teams with the most Jew game developers?
>>
>>345247949
>Shogun 2 had 12

Shogun had 10 near identical clans, & the more unique clans had to have been bought specially.
>>
>>345248495
>navy
There is basically no navy action in warhammer to speak of, dark elves dominate everything with their ships made out of sea monsters, and high elves really only keep the darkies out of their waters. Dreadfleet is not representative.
>City battles are actually good
That is a thing that only attilla had in that form, prior city battles were cheeseable as fuck, because the AI could not handle anything about them.
>there is unit variation
Another problem with WH, because they can´t simply make up their own units for the game.
>a fuckton of factions
A production problem, making models, animations, sounds, and everything else for 15 rather unique factions with widely different units of different size, shape, mode of locomotion etc. is really something else than making 20 factions with humans, humans on horse, with 10 different principle weapon categories. most fighting animations alone would have to be used by one unit of one faction alone, so different are they all, and those take a shitload of time, as well as money.
They simply can´t do all the factions in a single game without either huge losses or really shitty animations.
>>
>>345252762
Nightgoblins Patch, only 20$ !!! buy now!!!

how the fuck do people agree with this shit? im a huge total war fan and this shit ruins me
>>
>>345243683
>$20 for one dlc for a $60 game
>only adds one race and one campaign

I had hopes for Warhammer because I thought TW could finally step away from history based settings to explore more interesting mechanics possible in a fantasy setting but CA and SEGA are just rubbing their hands together again
>>
>>345252762
here´s hoping, but I can imagine how they feasibly could get around it without a proper underempire. For instance, no one really attacks the skaven ever, so if they get defeated it could simply say that the seers have decided to end their campaign for this century and wait until the ratmen are only legends again. skaen could have special movement options that simply teleport the armies and agents about, and other tricks.
>>
>$20 for a "new" faction that reuses the Orc campaign mechanics and reskins a bunch of units from other factions
Fucking atrocious. Anybody defending this is the definition of a cuck
>>
>>345254020
>reskins a bunch of units from other factions
It does?
How?
>>
File: 1458766582040.jpg (141 KB, 745x874) Image search: [Google]
1458766582040.jpg
141 KB, 745x874
>piratefags are still booty bothered about the uncrackable GOTY
>>
>>345252918
A lot of good points, but let me call BULLSHIT on the "no navy action in Warhammer"

In the lore you've got a fuckfest between merchant navies, dark elven pirates, skeleton pirates -I will never get over how cool that is- and Chaos Vikings. There is a job to do here.

In the game, I can fight my enemies on water. I just can't play the fight and have to auto-resolve it. Naval battles are implemented, just partially because the game was rushed out of the window.

Okay, I don't actually have sources on that, but goddamn it that's how it feels.
>>
>>345247949
Wow so your telling me redlined humans are take much less time and effort than monsters dwarfs and undead?

Holy fuck you smart you a genius
>>
>>345247949
Should've used any other TW game except shogun 1 for your example.
>>
Personally I'm just concerned for the poor Empire with this DLC. With all the marauding rape-gangs of the Nords, the occasional chaos "I hope you lubed your anus" doomstacks, Vampire Count invasions and now fucking beastmen out of the woods.

They really need to give them some kind of buff.
>>
>>345254020

It's closer to Chaos, Greenskins aren't a Horde. And as far as I knoe the only reused units are the chaos warhounds.
>>
>>345254863
>In the lore you've got a fuckfest between merchant navies, dark elven pirates, skeleton pirates -I will never get over how cool that is- and Chaos Vikings. There is a job to do here.
Yes, and all that happens around the shores of the old world, the rest of the sea is delf central and ulthuan restricted zone, and none of the other factions have navies to speak of, much less a roster of warships. seafaring simply has no major place in warhammer, since not only are dark elves and their black arks everywhere, there is also monsters that eat ships whole. whatever we now might think superstitious sailors believed 400 years ago is grim reality in warhammer, and whoever takes to the sea is a fool or mad. navigating the rivers of the empire is already dangerous, open waters are basically suidice.
>>
>>345255841
Well, actually the empire is an industrial and military power house, and karl franz has the elector counts in a tight vise, which is one big reason how they actually managed to survive archaon.
The game changed all that for balance reasons.
Maybe this will be corrected.
>>
>>345255907
i have seen pics on /vg/ that showed pretty obvious that they used parts of the dwarves slayers (torso) to model beastmen
but it really isnt as much of a deal as some people make it, its far from a 1 to 1 copy and there is nothing wrong with reusing allready existing assets (they do that for other stuff aswell)
>>
>>345255907
Beastmen have the flightiness and WAAGH mechanics of the Orcs, morale goes down from not fighting and fighting a lot gets you a free AI controlled army. Unbelievably lazy.
>>
>>345252064

You know perfectly that the more popular race will be added to the expansion, so its normal see the more little factions in DLCs...
>>
>>345247307
Dont like it - dont buy it.
>>
>>345259442
I'm sure people are interested in playing it and want to own it, but CA is asking for a lot here. $20 DLC faction is no joke added onto a $60 base game. Not everyone just wants throw money around like that.
>>
>>345260345
If you cant afford it - get a job instead of playing video games.
>>
>>345260675
I'm just saying there are other things on my mind to spend $20 on and that's not a fucking DLC for one faction.
>>
>>345260842
Then we're back to square one - dont buy it.
>>
>>345261263
Whatever dude. Enjoy wasting money that could be better spent.
>>
Price aside, people are complaining because very important iconic units are missing from the roster. No jabberslythe, no gorgon, no harpies. Feels like a rushed release.
>>
>>345255841
Did demigryphs or greatswords get nerfed?
>>
>>345258786
Sure, but that means this race isn't worth 20. I'd pay 20 for Ogres. I'd pay 20 for Skaven. I'd even pay 20 for Tomb Kings. But no one is paying 20 for Beastmen, and that's why this DLC is such a joke. The whole point is, 20$ for a single faction is really pricey, unless the person buying already knows and loves that faction to death, and that doesn't describe anyone's relationship with Beastmen.
>>
>don't like it don't but it
the community is giving feedback, there a lot of people that would be happy paying the high price, but the problem is, they made promises of diversified rosters, and when even a small faction like beastmen get units axed, what can you expect from other factions?
just because you are into scat don't assume other people are fine with it, after all, they want a great game
>>
I'll agree the beast men dlc is overpriced, I'd consider $8.50 fair for a faction though. The thing is you can't just change the colour of their pants and release a new faction in this game so I'm not against them taking time to work on each army thoroughly and that does deserve my money, just not $30
>>
>>345243683
1. BM have very few units by default, not putting them all in means the roaster is even more limited
2. They wasted time and money on a mini campaign no one wanted when they still have a shitton of other mainline factions to do
3. This bodes poorly for the future factions who have even harder to animate and make units like Skaven
4. The price is nearly 1/3 the price of tbe base game of 5 factions
5. Four of the missing 6 units could have easily gone it with old skeletons and 1 of them even has to go in in the future anyway (harpies are core on BM and DE)

All in all it looks like they half assed it and threw in the minicampaign to justify jacking up the price.
>>
I think half the problem is that people don't understand or even know what the eye for an eye campaign is and just assume it's chaos dlc for 10 more dollars
>>
>>345243683
daily reminder lizardmen was never presented in any warhammer fantasy video game
>>
>>345265654
No one cares about the new campaign though. You can only play as 1 faction and it has no bearing on the main game.
>>
>>345265978
Blood Bowl
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.