[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He added that it wasn't until recently that he real
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
>He added that it wasn't until recently that he realized one of the core pillars of game development, alongside gameplay, graphics, and story, should be diversity.
>"I've been talking more and more about this recently with the team. When you make a game, you have these different pillars that you're trying to balance"

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/uncharted-dev-says-character-diversity-just-as-imp/1100-6441800/

Should all games now be reviewed on those 4 criteria of story, gameplay, graphics and diversity to determine their worth?
>>
>>345213534

>Sonycucks

Not even once.
>>
Diversity just for diversity's sake reeks of pandering and always feels shoehorned.

The holy trinity will always be gameplay/graphics/story. Nothing else matters. As an interactive, visual medium, the most important thing will always be gameplay/interactivity, followed by graphics/visuals, with story/characters being secondary to the former two.
>>
>>345213534
fuck off
>>
>>345213534
This is what playing games for feels gets you.
>>
>diversity
>no donut drake
yea fuck those fags
>>
>>345213930
>gameplay/graphics/story
Music

Music is even more important than the damn graphics.
>>
>>345213534
How was Uncharted 4 diverse

white protag
white wife
white buddy
spic antag
nigger female antag

that's the cast of the game
>>
>>345213534
What an idiot.
>>
>>345213930

>holy trinity

Fuck off.

Gameplay is all that matters.
>>
>>345214130
LOL
>>
>>345213930
Why can't the holy trinity be gameplay, graphics, story AND diversity?
>>
>>345214640
Because the holy trinity is gameplay, graphics and sound.
>>
OFFICIAL Holy Trinity:

Gameplay + Graphics + Diversity + Music + Story + Sales
>>
If it means less generic bald angry man protagonists then yes.
>>
File: ye.png (40 KB, 1014x681) Image search: [Google]
ye.png
40 KB, 1014x681
>>
>story
>diversity
No. Why would you review that? I couldn't tell you what the story was about in most of my favoirite games more than anyone who saw a trailer could.
>>
>>345214085
Old series and druckmann said he came to a realisation of the same. Expect his next IP to reflect what he's said.
>>
>>345213534
To make an amazing game in 2016

Story > diversity > graphics > characters > advertising budget > music > controls > gameplay
>>
My main issue with diversity as an issue is it apparently always only means american diversity i.e. black people + asians + hispanics

Coming from a 90% white european country I can't really relate to mexican gang culture or the struggles of rising up from the "hood" so I don't really appreciate when those elements are added as pandering.
I never really see Indians, polynesians, middle east people represented and any Africans are always African Americans and not actual Africans.
It makes me feel like the people calling for diversity are Americans looking for games to pander to their world view and aren't looking for actual global diversity which would probably seem very strange to them.
>>
>>345215487
You forgot DLC and seasons passes.
>>
>>345214130
Sure, but you can't pretend the premise for the actions you take and the look of the images on the screen are not important too.

Maybe less important, but we are trying to simplify the whole process. And to just say it's gameplay and only gameplay is as dumb as it is to add diversity.
>>
>>345213930

You mean gameplay, graphics, and sound.

A game doesn't need to have a story at all.
>>
>>345215487
Story>diversity>graphics>advertising budget>music>forced online>characters>gameplay

I can't think of many good characters from the past few years, and I'm not sure what you meant by control so I got rid of it.
>>
>>345214085
rafe was a spic? he seemed like a rich white boy to me. or do you mean the imaginary cartel guy?
>>
>>345215801
Diversity is code word for anti-white.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.