[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People thought this was a good idea.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: milo.jpg (36 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
milo.jpg
36 KB, 512x288
>People thought this was a good idea.
>>
>People fell for this
>Peter Molyneux actually lied this fucking hard
>>
>>345200831
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa1hscJZQ6I

Should see all the lies he made for Godus.
>>
What was even the appeal of this? Who was the target audience? Pedos?
>>
>>345201176

It was supposed to show how technically advanced the 360 and the Kinect are.
>>
File: summer-lesson-06-20-15-5.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
summer-lesson-06-20-15-5.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>345200719
And yet people are crying that Summer Lessons is never getting translated.
>>
>>345201000
Having never played Godus, what did he lie about?
>>
Black and White 3 when?
>>
>>345201790
It's 2016 - they've stopped development, released a new version of the game and took the old one down off Steam so that they could have a clean slate of reviews.

As the base game stands it's practically identical to the mobile game and there is no multiplayer at all of any sort.

>>345201176
No shit there was a Lionhead retrospective done by Eurogamer recently and it covered the whole Milo thing. They were worried that people would think they were creating a pedophile simulator.

Look it up, it's a great read for any Lionhead fans.
>>
>>345201965
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-12-lionhead-the-inside-story

Fuck I'll do it for you.
>>
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-12-lionhead-the-inside-story

Because the technology powering Milo & Kate wasn't developed enough, the decision was made to record footage of the game and use that as part of an elaborate smoke and mirrors demo. In a bid to avoid screen tear, Lionhead rendered out the demo frame by frame in high definition. It was, according to one person who worked on it, "a quick and dirty job".

Redmond wanted to up the quality, so flew out a film crew to the UK to make the magic happen. An actress was hired to play a person who would pretend to play the game. Two weeks before E3, Lionhead was all set up to hit the record button, then disaster struck: a powercut in Guildford.

According to one person involved, Molyneux ordered his PA have an emergency power generator delivered within the hour, and handed over his credit card. Soon enough, a diesel generator was standing outside One Occam Court. The video was recorded.
>>
File: 1431230925303.jpg (34 KB, 626x352) Image search: [Google]
1431230925303.jpg
34 KB, 626x352
>>345200719
>You see, this wasn't scripted.
>Milo threw her the goggles and she instinctively reached for them.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>345202036
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wPfiRR4kXM
>>
>>345202409
Thanks man. I'll put it on watch later and view it in full when I get the chance. I really, really loved Bullfrog/Lionhead so it still cuts that the company is gone - even if they weren't really the same company I loved growing up.

Weird how you can grow attached to a brand name isn't it?
>>
>>345200719
what is this from?
>>
>>345200719
still wish to try to corrupt Milo. get him to steal some knickers
>>
>>345202692
>Weird how you can grow attached to a brand name isn't it?
When you say that, I really miss Westwood.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.