[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Bioshock Infinite good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
/V/ please tell me why the fuck anyone likes this game. I enjoyed the first Bioshock a lot and skipped on the second one. I just tried to play this game and I hate it so much. Am I missing out on anything interesting by skipping on it.
>>
>>345197883
Fuck the third one go to the second one you clown.
>>
>skipping the best one
>>
>/V/
>>
File: 3933467-django+sunglasses.jpg (113 KB, 1209x677) Image search: [Google]
3933467-django+sunglasses.jpg
113 KB, 1209x677
>>345197883
yes, it is - stop being so judgemental
>>
>>345198302

>V
>>
>>345198406
>
>>
>>345197883
>mfw I liked bioshock 1, but didn't like it to the extent of the hype
>mfw skipped the 2nd one
>mfw played 3/4 through infinate just to see if the story would justify the hype...it didn't
>>
It actually is a good game it just changed some stuff from the others and because it was popular /v/ has to hate it
>>
>>345197883
It's a solid 6 or 7. Aspies here just like to hate stuff to fit in.
>>
>>345198883
it was more or less a dumbed down version of the past games

it was a piece of shit that gets boring after an hour
>>
>>345197883
Now Anon, I appreciate that this isn't going to be easy. But have you considered you might just have terrible taste?
>>
The amount of plot holes, the shitty weapons, the shitty level designs, the lack of difficulty, the lack of ammo and health hunting, the lack of enemy diversity, the shitty plot.

If Colombia is racist, why did they allow minorities to live up there? If it's to do the labors whites didn't wanna do, why did they allow public lynching and killing of their employees? If plasmids were publicly available, how come no one used them? Why did Colombia have plasmids if it was made by those in Bioshock? Why didn't it cause the downfall of society as it did in bioshock?
>>
It was just mediocre.

I played for about 4 hours when I bought it and then didn't turn it on again. There was just nothing even remotely special.
>>
First two I loved because of the horror suspense and darkness of it. The third didn't have that. I thought the third was shit as well
>>
File: bioshock infinite is shit.png (1 MB, 1157x872) Image search: [Google]
bioshock infinite is shit.png
1 MB, 1157x872
>>345197883

It's the art. That's it.
To be fair, the game does look absolutely fucking fantastic, but that is the only good thing about it.
Everything else is fucking garbage. EVERYTHING else.
>>
>>345199541
>why are videogames unrealistic?
>>
File: shodan.jpg (187 KB, 1280x1120) Image search: [Google]
shodan.jpg
187 KB, 1280x1120
>>345197883

>Played Bioshock
>Got bored halfway and never finished it
>Played Bioshock Infinite
>Got bored 30 minutes in and never finished it
>Played System Shock 2
>Couldn't put it down and finished it in one sitting
>>
>>345199146
If I had terrible taste I wouldn't like Bioshock Infinite desu
>>
>>345198817
fuck off, Gabe
>>
>>345197883
Most people on this board will agree with you, OP.
The plot is infamously terrible and pretentious. Not to mention the bogus ending where your daughter and her multiverse clones drown you for no explicable reason.
The "choices" and atmosphere don't help either. They grab your hand regardless of your pick to throw the ball or not, so why even give us a fucking choice?

Anyways lets break it down. All the weapons suck, and you can only carry two of them. Besides this you can only get certain upgrades at certain machines through the game, if you decide to save up and get something later you are fucked when you get to the next area, it'll be upgrades for something else instead of just letting you see all of them as they get added and you find new weapons or something.
All the powers suck and have unbalanced energy costs. Most are too high to ever have fun using the power because you can only use it twice before your bar is empty.
Equipment gives useless perks, half of them are useless shit like "you move faster or take less damage on the skyrail"
And then there's the skyrail, the only new interesting thing they added. It's fucking nothing. Just a fucking rail that takes you around like 3 of the "arenas" you fight in. It's fucking nothing and you're better off with cover.

game is not good and I would have never played it without it being free on PS+.
>>
>>345197883
>skipped on the second one.
Why did you skip the best one?
>>
>>345202207
>why skip bioshock 2?
Literally EVERY game came out that year.
Same reason I skipped Dead Space 2, but have played it since.
>>
File: 1421419713753.jpg (81 KB, 648x637) Image search: [Google]
1421419713753.jpg
81 KB, 648x637
>>345197883
>skipped 2

This fucking meme is why we got the pile of shit in your picture
>>
It's bad. Nobody can blame you for giving up OP.
>>
>>345197883
Every post containing the words bioshock infinite and good together should be instabanned
>>
>>345197883
It's the biggest AAA instult in the last 20 years
>>
>>345197883
I brought the triple pack an best all three in a month. I like itm I don't game much, but it was a fine linear game. Some of the vigor was pretty Op. Same with the sniper and most guns. The best one game wise is Bioshock 1 if has a great atmosphere, but bioshock 2 had better mechanics. Infinite ending made me go "say whaaaat".
>>
>>345197883
play it for yourself. it's dirt cheap now. I liked it. 8.5/10

the world has some cool ideas even though it might come off as pretentious. the gameplay is at least solid.
>>
>>345197883
Infinite is like a 3/10 in regards to story, world building, weapon balancing, overall mechanics and writing.
It looks kinda pretty though aside from 2d veggies.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.