[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should i preorder this? Is it really worth the price without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
Should i preorder this?

Is it really worth the price without clash at demonhead?
>>
Its just nostalgia/hipster bait. Just emulate the games you want fampai.
>>
Do you want to burn your dolaritos on an emulator? Go ahead.
>>
>>345196846

But what if i want a cute nes and to play games without hassle.
>>
>>345196710
>Should i preorder
HAHAHAHAHAH good look with that
>>
>>345196946

> burn your dolaritos on an emulator

Thats called a pc.
>>
>>345196710
I'm gonna buy one for my young nephews, they should learn to appreciate the classics.
>>
>>345197014

> good look with that

thanks.
>>
>paying for an emulator in a box
Get a real nes and a flashcart
>>
>>345197034
You're a good man and this is really how it should be used. Too bad they're probably already spoiled rotten by the mobile generation and won't appriciate the games.
>>
>>345196982
There's no hassle with NES emulation. It's literally the hardest system to fuck up emulation for.
>>
File: 1466091996608.png (125 KB, 386x318) Image search: [Google]
1466091996608.png
125 KB, 386x318
>>345196710

>Paying 60 dollars for an emulator limited to 30 games.

>Will end up being a paperweight in a month.
>>
>preordering something that has an emulator
Only worth it if you're a collector, otherwise, don't bother.
>>
>>345197160
I work with kids and they love older games.

They play mario and sonic on their mobiles.
>>
>>345197202
Yeah, have to agree. I mean atleast let people choose the 30 games they want via download. Super C, SMB 3, Double Dragon 2 and NG are awesome, but stuff like DK, DK Jr, Castlevania 2 I'd trade in an instant for stuff like Shatterhand, CV3, Lifeforce, ect.
>>
>>345196710
it looks fun for a christmas gift for the family, and kids that generally say "what is that thing?" when they see a NES.
>>
>>345197467
It's just a nostalgia box. Everyone remembers Simon's Quest more than CV3, even if the former was shit in comparison.
>>
>>345197034
I tried that with my 6yo nephew. The little shit kept switching NES games whenever something difficult got on screen (i have around 50 games). He eventually dropped the controller to play some ass ninja fruit game on my mother's tablet. Kids these days are retarded don't waste your time
>>
>>345197665

Many kids would have done the same if they had the choice back then.

It was either beat the game or do nothing back then.
>>
>>345197202
>implying $60 is a lot of money

It's literally the cost of a single game

Besides...my kids will play the shit out of it and I don't have to have them fuck up my collection.
>>
Pre-ordered one of these for my wife's son's Kwanzaa present.
>>
>>345196710
That NES is CUTE
>>
>>345197572
They're both shit by modern standards. The only thing good about them is nostalgia.
>>
>>345196710
Anyone else wanna bet the jews will release overpriced gamepacks for this?
>>
File: 2hxp0ll.jpg (64 KB, 900x785) Image search: [Google]
2hxp0ll.jpg
64 KB, 900x785
>No Blaster Master
>No Ducktales
>No Contra
>No Snow Bros
>No All Night Nippon Mario Bros
>>
File: ashens.jpg (93 KB, 453x665) Image search: [Google]
ashens.jpg
93 KB, 453x665
Does it have the game with the two fighters where they tear their own limbs off and throw them at each other?
>>
If people are willing spend $50 on a new game for console which they will only play for a limited time. Why shouldnt they buy this?
>>
I just wish it was regular sized, so it would actually fit my collection of consoles.
>>
>>345197091
Already have one, still need to do a rain dance to get my duckhunt on...
>>
>>345196710
Why would you? Just emulate the games.
>>
>>345196982
>hassle
>emulating nes
It's only a hassle if you're legally retarded.
>>
>>345197170
my nes emulator keeps crashing tho
im tired of having to restart games all the time
>>
>>345200607
I agree. The Jap version of CV3 is much better.
>>
>>345196710
This looks like the perfect gift for me to give to my bull's son.
>>
>>345207537
Cuck
>>
>>345196710
It's cute if you want it, as expensive as a standard console game, comes with 30 games (that you could emulate for free) and needs HDMI or whatever.
There's not too much even coming out this year, and some of the games already have remasters, so it's more for novelty.
>>
>>345207221
You are looking for reassurance that your shitty decision to drop $60 on a toy you will stop using after the first days novelty wears off because you are too lazy to just lrn2 emulate. Just stop
>>
If it could take carts, or could be modded to add in more games, I'd consider it.
>>
>>345207415
Apart from there being no mention of a Japanese version as of yet, the main thing I'm betting on as an Ausfag is Nintendo fucking us over a second time with it.

First time: It being 100 AUD compared to 60 USD (current conversion puts it at approximately 75 AUD(.
Second time: Australia being a PAL region, all the roms on it will be 50Hz PAL variants.

It's kind of like how all PAL territories got fucked over by Nintendo back in the gamecube era, where component cables were available and PAL cubes had proper RGB output potential, but exactly 0 games came out in PAL regions with progressive scan rendering it essentially worthless. And then Nintendo wondered why nobody was buying component cables.
>>
File: owen.jpg (27 KB, 300x368) Image search: [Google]
owen.jpg
27 KB, 300x368
>>345198526
>>345198526
$60...for 30 year old games. Waaowww
>>
>>345209028
>Apart from there being no mention of a Japanese version as of yet
I imagine famicom games are so cheap you could buy the entire library for less than 60$
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.