[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Borderlands 3 expectations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 15
File: 435765676.png (842 KB, 900x601) Image search: [Google]
435765676.png
842 KB, 900x601
What do you expect for the next release?
>>
Same boring shitty game. Gearbox cannot develop.
>>
File: Anthonyburh.png (291 KB, 563x480) Image search: [Google]
Anthonyburh.png
291 KB, 563x480
>>345186039
Anthony Burch dropped from the writing team.
>>
>>345186039
VR exclusive.
>>
>>345186039
Girls with short hair
>>
What I expect is a boring unbalanced mess of a game with eighty thousand DLC packs and microtransactions.

What I want is Borderlands 1's leveling and loot system in Borderlands 2's environments, with story and dialogue from neither.
>>
I'm expecting a lot of memes. Some will be forced and some that will be outdated.
>>
>>345186039
cameo characters from their failed games.
>>
File: 1465865096001.png (296 KB, 476x524) Image search: [Google]
1465865096001.png
296 KB, 476x524
>>345186531
>frozen levels
>"Winter is coming!"
>>
>>345186639
They already had Game of Thrones references in BL2. I can only assume they'll get even worse.
>>
>>345186639
I can already feel the badassness
>>
Was the presequel a success? I know viturally no one who actually played the game.
>>
File: cuck.jpg (4 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
4 KB, 299x168
bring Atlas back
don't let the cuck back on the team ever again
>>
>>345186764
>game of thorns
>>
>>345186798
It broke even.
>>
>>345186294
They already happened though
>>
somehow worse than 2 which was worse than 1
unplayable on most computers unless you have a current year nvidia card
tons of invisible walls instead of good level design
shitty golden keys/code system and loads of DLC
more retarded un-usable guns
memes
>>
>>345186798
Either way I'm hoping that lasers and the cryo element will make a comeback.
>>
>>345186039
More passive agressive comedic dialogue
>>
>>345187448
lasers didn't make it to pandora because of Markus just garbage e-tec weapons
>>
>>345187590
>because of Torgue*
ftfy

Also why is Mr. Torgue literally the worst male character in Borderlands?
>>
Twitter drama references
>>
Same shit different toilet.
>>
File: 1450064482068.png (483 KB, 638x476) Image search: [Google]
1450064482068.png
483 KB, 638x476
>>345186039
>"FEMINISM IS AWESOME!"
>>
File: BL Canceled enemy.jpg (190 KB, 1595x1920) Image search: [Google]
BL Canceled enemy.jpg
190 KB, 1595x1920
>>345186798

Broke even, Would have more content but Australian Government decided to be shit heads and tax 'THE ONLY GAME COMPANY LEFT IN AUSTRALIA' more money for producing there.

Australia is where you go if you hate Vidya games
>>
>>345186039
Another Pre-Sequel tier flop.
Another $49.99 Season Pass DLC.
Another set of disappointing DLC packs.

BL2 at least had some shit that got people constantly buying and playing it. They dropped the ball hard with TPS.

>>345186294
He moved to California to write for a gay musical to pretend he's not hurt by his wife leaving him. He's already out.
>>
>>345186039
less sponge enemies.
good bosses, with different dynamics to defeat them.
>>
>>345186039
Microtransactions, shit dlc, always on, DRM, same generic gameplay and shit cell shading instead of realistic graphics. Same mediocre story.

And any other way Gearbox can fuck you in the ass without lube.
>>
>>345187974
Did you see the first ever teaser for Borderlands?

Realistic graphics would kill the game.
>>
What I want:
>Borderland 1's levelling and loot systems with TPS's flying, laser/ice weapons, and level design philosophy (aka: "fucking huge & very vertical")
>Guns to have satisfying audiovisual feedback when fired
>Slag remains gone
>Athena, Brick, Gaige all return as playable classes in addition to three new ones in the base game
>Lots of interesting boss fights
>Writers of TftB do the main story at a minimum
>Keep the quality of life improvements from TPS like the grinder, moonstone system, cocktails, etc.
>Characters get another acivated skill when they reach the halfway point of a skill tree instead of just one for the whole game
>Lilith leads the """"good"""" guys, /v/ continues to be triggered by her
>No shift key nonsense or mini-DLC, just four beefy expansion packs - each with a new raidboss

What I expect:
>A return to all the fucking awful mechanics of Borderlands 2 thanks to TPS selling poorly
>Main story falls below TPS and 1 to 2's level also
>Guns still all feel shit to shoot
>None of my favourites return to play as, we just get a slew of new characters - half of which are just worse rehashes of old ones
>DLC out the ass
>I'll still have fun with friends
>>
>>345188058
>having to choose between Athena and Gaige
That's almost as bad as having to choose between Athena and Wilhelm.
I'm gonna Wilhelm. He was great in TPS.
>>
Classes
TPS > 2 > 1

Level design
TPS > 2 > 1

Bosses
1 > TPS > 2

Loot
1 >> TPS > 2

DLC
2 > 1 >> TPS

Replayability
1 >> TPS > 2

Writing
1 >/= TPS >> 2

Music
1 >> TPS >> 2
>>
>>345188029
No they wouldnt. They looked amazing. The only reason they went cell shading was to differentiate it from the wealth of other similar games at the time.

Borderlands is now an established franchise, the cell shading looks gimmicky and prevents the game from taking advantage of modern day graphics.

Make the game look good already instead of the poorly animated fuckfest it is now
>>
>>345188058
>TPS's flying
please, no, fuck
that low-gravity was shit. i just want a run and gun shooter, keep your space shit on the moon, PLEASE
>liking lilith
holy fuck is this high-tier bait
>>
>>345188165
He's also dead, sadly. ;_;

I hope someone in 3 does the summonable pet shtick as well as he did.
>>
>>345188381
Yeah, I missed the miss part, obviously.

I'd love another character that does the cyborg thing. Having his voice become more robotic as you got those skills was great.
>>
>>345188380
The flying was fun as fuck and actually allowed the level design and regular combat encounters to be fun, man. That shit was FANTASTIC.

And I don't like Lilith, I just find /v/'s asspain about her not being raped and murdered everytime she's onscreen fucking hilarious.
>>
>>345188380
The flying was great tho.
>>
>>345188380
>not liking the flying
>wanting more fucking "run about in a perfectly flat desert shooting at bullet sponges" shit

Nah m8 fuck off. If 3 doesn't have flying as at least an option for one of the classes I'm not even gonna bother buying it.
>>
>>345186039

why would you expect a bl3

their last game flopped, good riddance.
>>
>>345188058
I want Lil dead so badly it's not even funny. What would make me insanely happy is if they went all Blizzard with Lilith in B3: corrupted by Eridium overuse and basically turned into a power addict, have to kill her as the final boss.
>>
>>345188887
What if she was a boss for a mid-game sidequest?
>>
>>345186039
make it fun like the first game is all I want
>>
>>345188887
>>345188935
The post-credits scene in the claptrap dlc already showed she's gonna be on the good guy's side, and based on the convo they're having that scene is probably from the midway point of 3.

Sorry m8s
>>
>>345188481
>>345188569
>>345188697

The flying was slow and annoying to work with. Maybe it could work in a normal-gravity environment, but between it and low-gravity it was a piece of shit.
>>
>>345186039
bigger everything, i hope it flops since the game could really benefit from simmering down and hammer out the faster core gameplay with less bullet sponges, less repetitive level design and actual working skilltree
>>
>All these people wanting stuff from BL1

What made BL1 better than BL2/TPS' system?

What made the gunplay so much better to you?

I never really noticed anything that BL1 did noticeably better than BL2. The menus and interfaces were crummier, the skills and classes weren't that interesting, and the bullet sponges were even bigger bullet sponges than whatever BL2 could put out at higher levels. And the way the guns sound and feel when firing also feel off. I never really have a good time shooting anything that's not a revolver because nothing feels right when shooting. I'd also say the looting but that's probably because I still don't understand half of BL1's system like I would BL2 where I can just look at a gun's name/stats/parts on the ground and instantly figure out which parts it has/does not have so it wouldn't be fair to blame the loot system, at least from me.

I went from BL2->BL1 so I'm sure I'm biased but I never really enjoyed BL1 that much compared to BL2, and not because BL2 had better memes or storytelling or some shit. I'm just talking about the gameplay. I'm probably not going to come back once I finish max-leveling everyone and 100%'ing it but it's hard for me to understand why people like BL1 so much and claim it's so superior to 2/TPS.

And that ending. Oof. Everyone from other players to the BL2 intro cinematic all talked about how disappointing the ending and final fight was but nothing actually prepared me for it. Goddamn. It'd be like as if the game ended right after Control Core Angel and you show up in Marcus' storage room after the credits finish rolling.

What are your reasons?
>>
>>345188935
>sidequest
I don't really get how that would mesh with the story. She's supposed to be the leader of the Crimson Raiders, a not unimportant faction on Pandora, and it seems like they're setting her up for the main mission giver.

>>345189032
Which Claptrap DLC? The one from Borderlands 1?
>>
>>345186039
>"Be advised! Feminism is AWESOME"
this desu
>>
I WANT PSYCHO BACK
thats all desu

oh and give me the same kind of stuff to do in BL2
have over 160 hours in BL2 with all the dlcs
>>
>>345186039

I think that borderlands could probably do a destiny / the division style mmo pretty well.
>>
I am positive somebody will be transgender. That is the new popular thing these days. Also, a girl with a stupid haircut and color combo.
>>
>>345189092
I only vaguely remember my playthroughs of the Borderlands games but 1 didn't have retarded scaling, and your assessment of the bullet sponginess of its enemies seems incredibly off. In 1 you could use a level 50 gun against level 55 enemies and do fine. In 2 you would literally run out of ammo before you managed to kill anything.
>>
>>345189247
They are nor mmos. The Division sure as hell is not
>>
>Will probably take at least 2-3 years to make.
>Will probably run on a modified version of the BL2 Unreal 3 engine due to needing to get this shit out quick and cashing in.
>There will probably be development drama, would not surprise me if we see a few layoffs and everything put into BL3 as the make or break game for gearbox due to Colonial Marines and Battleborn failing.
>Probably look and feel similar to BL2 with some minor changes.

I don't think development will go smoothly for them.
>>
>>345189124
Writers deciding to be dicks and make both the story of the previous games and the Crimson Raiders as a whole an unimportant part of the overall story.

Would it work? I dunno. Would it piss people off? You bet your ass it will.
>>
>>345189092
>There's far more meaningful loot diversity in non-unique or legendary drops thanks to each brand having unique parts and a slew of other differences
>Damage scaling worked differently so good gun drops could last you several more levels than they could in 2
>No slag bullshit, enemies weren't really bullet sponges, each class had plenty of self sustain that made them far more viable solo without overly specific builds

That's pretty much it desu

>>345189124
The TPS one. Post-Credits is her, Brick, Mordecai, Claptrap, and Athena sitting around - she says sorry to Athena for nearly killing her, Athena says it was no big deal, and then they talk about some mysterious threat they're all currently facing.
>>
>>345186039
presequel was shit
battleborn was a colossal failure

what the fuck do you think?
>>
>>345189262
>bullet sponges
mate... BL1 enemies were incredibly bullet sponginess
>that giant rakk boss where you had to run around for like 10-20 mins because your weapons did barely any damage and it did insane damage

BL1 had better writing
More chaotic loot system (you couldn't just grind golden keys)
More tense encounters (playthrough 1 of BL2 is a lot easier than that of BL1)

>>345189137
fuck off with this retarded meme. he says it when he kills a woman. the context is essentially "feminism is nice because i get to kill women"
>>
>>345189379
Well, they probably are unimportant compared to what's going on, with a weird alien thing running around, stopping Lil from killing Vault Hunters and going "hey, you REALLY need to work together, Lavos is coming".

>>345189423
I haven't gotten to it yet, currently playing through TPS right now, but that doesn't really indicate anything other than what we currently know.
>>
>>345189431
Presequel was far better than 2 in every way besides the amount of content desu
>>
>>345189461
>fuck off with this retarded meme. he says it when he kills a woman. the context is essentially "feminism is nice because i get to kill women"
Yeah, I'm sure that's what they meant
>>
>>345189561
okay, explain to me what he means, then
he kills a woman, and says that feminism is awesome.
feminism is awesome is somehow related to him killing a woman.

explain it to me like i'm five and autistic.
>>
>>345189498
The scene takes place an unspecified amount of time in the future and pretty much confirms Lil ain't being set up for a villain arc.

I realize that only autists on here think she's got any actual chance of turning evil despite pretty much being the face of the franchise after Claptrap, but still.
>>
File: jajebe.png (439 KB, 482x590) Image search: [Google]
jajebe.png
439 KB, 482x590
>>345189561
>comment_YankmAp.....
>>
>>345189529
No it was not
>>
>>345189262
I think that's because in BL2, they really wanted to make you use slag to push the teamwork concept for higher levels.

I had a lv 50 slag Fibber for my Mechromancer and it single-handedly carried me through UVHM from lv 55 through 72 including the DLC levels. Of course that's an argument for slag/Anarchy being bullshit broken but I using guns without slag boosts just made everything seem much worse than it was.

>>345189423
Well I guess if you hate slag, that's understandable.
>>
>>345189529
I'm already liking playing as Athena more than any of the characters from 2 besides maybe Gaige.

I've gotta say, I absolutely hate the moon environment. When you get in a pressurized area and your character starts moving normally, it feels like a breath of fresh air.

>>345189659
She still could. Not like they really set up Angel to be Siren or Roland getting one shot killed by a fucking computer programmer.

All I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if they did a last minute corruption thing with Lilith.
>>
>>345189635
>feminism is awesome is somehow related to him killing a woman.
What am I supposed to explain to you if it's you who claims those two are related?
>>
>>345189761
Yeah I could see them pulling a blizzard.
>>
>>345188315
Changing to "modern day graphics" would do two very bad things for this already damn near dead franchise

1.Take away it's unique identity making it both unrecognizable as a borderlands game

2. Make it look like a every other fucking FPS. And let's face it, realistic FPS's are on the downswing.

3.Make the entire tone of the series completely implode in on itself. It stops being this cartoony thing and starts being realistic and people will become put off by a lot of the shit.
>>
>>345189715
Anarchy is broken.

>>345189810
Yeah, that's how I think it'll go. It's a very easy out, and I fully expect the BL writing team to take it.
>>
>>345189802
"feminism is awesome" is literally a remark he says upon killing a female character

do the math, genius

>>345189845
i wouldn't mind. she's cancerous and burch already retconned everyone's personalities once. doing it again would be incredibly shitty.

either that or go 5 years into the future.
>>
>>345189701
>better level design
>better clases overall
>better writing
>better gameplay
>shitloads of QoL improvements like the grinder
>nice focus on little details like Wilhelm's slowly robotifying voice and characters interacting

If you fixed the loot system and level scaling in NG+ it'd easily be the best of the trilogy

>>345189761
Personally I liked the Zero-Atmosphere stuff, I just think the balance of it is totally fucked in the first half of the game since you spend 4/5 of your time in it until you reach Hyperion.

It'd work better if it was a smaller part of the game to add variety to it, rather than dominating it.
>>
>>345189659
At no point has lilith EVER been the face of the franchise.

It's the generic psycho in the mask then to a lesser extent claptrap and after that it's a gun.

She's litterally just...there.
>>
>>345189845
It's the same story with the other Vault Hunters though like with slag turrets and elemental Maya builds, The amount of shit people could kill solo at 72-OP8 is insane with slag.
>>
slag was awful, and so was the tankiness in general. No one wants to play weapon swap spam the fucking game mode.

TPS seemed a bit less awful on the tankiness side, but I pirated it at the start and played the... autoaim bitch for her skill, was pretty hilarious. Dunno if she got nerfed or anything, never updated.

they also update/nerf the fucking shit like some kind of mmo, like people arent allowed to ever get op or feels trong.
>>
>>345190074
Still disagree. Feel 2 did most of that better. But, we all are allowed our own opinions
>>
>>345190148
The Psycho is more of an emblem than anything, like the vault hunter symbol. It's the mask that's important, not the man.

Lilith is by far the most prominent vault hunter and character in general after the Claptraps, Handsome Jack is the only other character on their level and he's now gone for good so he's outta the running.
>>
>>345190074
>Personally I liked the Zero-Atmosphere stuff, I just think the balance of it is totally fucked in the first half of the game since you spend 4/5 of your time in it until you reach Hyperion.
That might be the problem I have with it right now. Too much goddamn time in zero-atmo.
>>
>>345190061
>"feminism is awesome" is literally a remark he says upon killing a female character
Because the characters only really say shit after killing? Wouldn't make sense to say anything out of the blue, genius.
>>
>>345190358
Well, with TotBL being out, Jack could come back. In a way.
>>
>>345190363
>>345190074
BL2 had the same problem where you spent the first 3-5 hours in Three-Horns and other snowy bits before you could even walk into Sanctuary.

When it's your first time playing TPS, getting into town was equally as torturously long.
>>
Please just no ridiculous bullet sponge enemies. I stopped playing halfway through BL2 on normal cause they were already getting too ridiculous.
>>
>>345190301
Fair enough, anon.

>>345190295
Yeah, it does kinda suck that they always nerf strongest strats into the ground.

I kinda wish singleplayer and multi had different balance settings/patches.

>>345190358
Yeah, I don't think fucking anyone recognuzes the Psycho beyond the mask. Slap that shit in anything and people know it's borderlands, put a picture of a psycho without one in front of them and they'll probably not even be able to guess where it's from.
>>
>>345190395
it's literally a kill comment
if anything, it's misogynistic, ie fun

predicted next response
"heh you fell for my epic b8 m8"
>>
>>345190458
Now that you mention it, I'm noticing that too. Might be the reason why I could only ever finish Borderlands 2 a single time.
>>
If the BL2 player characters return in BL3 as NPCs, I just hope they don't ruin them
>>
>>345186406
I'm fine with that.
>>
A shit game full of memes from a dying company
>>
>>345190506
Yeah, I dropped BL2 for a year or two after I finished the first playthrough because I couldn't be assed to go through Three-Horns again. After a while, I was like "I'm so sick of this".

Currently in the same boat with TPS. I landed on Hyperion the last time I was playing but I felt burnt-out so I just stopped. I'm probably going to finish it if I ever finish BL1 but that's a long ways away.
>>
>>345190519
Maya, Gaige, and Axton are the only ones they COULD ruin.

Zer0 is already a very bland silent-assassin cliche who just happens to emote with his mask now, Salvadore is just an angry manlet with zero defining character traits, and the Psycho is...well, just another Psycho.

I just hope Gaige doesn't turn into Tiny Tina 2.0 and that Maya is a pretty chill person. Axton will probably be doomed to becoming a walking meme thanks to him loving his turret, near-literally.
>>
>>345190505
Are you fucking dumb? Do you really think Gearbox would do anything REMOTELY misoginystic and not feminist? They've been the biggest SJWs in the industry you idiot. Just look at the retarded fucking comments made by that explosives redneck in Borderlands, whatever his fucking name was.
>>
Roland is probably going to come back as a cyborg or something.

The whole "New U station isn't canon" thing is bullshit.

Oh and have jack come back as the new warrior. I mean, goddamn I can't be the only person who thought jack was going to do some fucking jrpg end boss tier shit and fuse with the warrior or "the real warrior is me" after jumping into some kind of swirling alien mass and transforming.
Just say that jacks body dissapeared and some crazy shit happened or something I don't know.
>>
>>345190685
>Do you really think Gearbox would do anything REMOTELY misoginystic and not feminist?
The secret truth is that they're hypocrites, like all other companies trying to cash in on the "WE ARE PROGRESSIVE FEMINISTS" bandwagon.

>They've been the biggest SJWs in the industry
You mean third biggest. EA and Double Fine are bigger feminists than they are :^)
>>
>>345190735
>Roland comes back as a cyborg
>Even worse, a zombie

Fucking kill me.
>>
>>345190735
>"New U station isn't canon" thing is bullshit.
100% agree.
>>
>>345190685
Fuck off, retard. Burch was the primary problem with BL2, and even then BL2 was still "bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch FATTY bitch bitch"

Explain to me how thanking feminism for the ability to kill women is SJW. Lay it all on me. This guy says feminism is great when he kills a woman. Okay. How is he expounding the virtues of feminism?

You retards spout "Battleborn is shit" memes constantly without so much as watching a minute of actual gameplay. And then you take lines of context and call them sjw.
>>
>>345190685

I mean, have you even PLAYED Duke Nukem Forever? Wall boobs and strippers fucking everywhere. Come the fuck on.
>>
>>345186039
Slow as fuck
Simple Skinner box mechanics to keep idiots playing
Death animations to break the immersion
Terrible writing
Same plagiarized art style and story they remorselessly stole from an independent 3D film maker and dared him to sue them because they know they have the money to get away with it
>>
>>345190914
I don't think they could make a DN game without those.

>>345190873
Okay, let me put it this way - does he ever explicitly say that he thanks feminism for the ability to kill women in games?
He doesn't, you're just making shit up.
>>
>>345190987
>same plagiarized art style and story
prove it. the only thing google search shows is that on the cover they have a wavy line that looks exactly like a wavy line from another cover.

>>345191076
yeah, okay, you're retarded.
>>
>>345191230
>yeah, okay, you're retarded.
Quality response right there
>>
>>345186798
I don't know if it was a success or not, but I liked it, but most of the dlc was shit. Felt kind of slow at times, lots of running.
>>
>>345186798
I heard it shit tanked.
But what do they expect. They hired another studio to do it for nickles and fired everyone that worked on bl2.
>>
>>345191315
As every man sows, so shall he reap. :)
>>
>>345188315
They just stole Mindhunters art and that's it.
>>
>>345186039
I expect Gearbox to close. it would be awesome.
>>
>>345186039
>Gearbox pushes for the game's production as a last ditch effort to make a profit
>company is kill after they finish making the assets
>bought up by Deep Silver
>assets are used to make a F2P MMOFPS along the lines of Destiny
>one free support and damage Vault Hunter with the others requiring real money
>microtransactions for Badass Boosters and Golden Keys
>Deep Silver gets away with being a shitty company once again because people blame Gearbox
>its failure is pinned on out of touch basement dwellers by Burch in a last attempt to get recognition or a job
>after 2 years the game becomes a gem on /v/ because "at least it wasn't Borderlands 2"
>>
>>345189092
You are 100% wrong about Bullet sponges.

With the exception of the Rakk Hive and the final boss nothing was bullet spongey in Borderlands 1, people made mods to increase enemy health bevause the game was too easy with high level legendaries, a single bullet from a hellfire would often cause a DOT that would kill a standard bandit.

I could easily write 1000s of words about how Bl1's gun generation and level scaling were better, made more sense and made the game more fun. Bl1 was random loot at its best, you could get anything from anywhere and the pride real generation allowed for a huge variety in stats and gun mechanics, some were garbage and others were overpowered as hell. But the game threw so much loot at you that it didn't matter, you were constantly getting good stuff with the shit, and rarely getting really good stuff. Plus good guns were actually good and amazing to find at any point, a level 20 Legendary or even a Body5/Barrel4/Mag3/Mat3 SMG would last you until level 35.

For some reason Gearbox thought all these things were bad, so the locked down gun generation so much that stat variation other than damage is negligible. Non unique Bl1 SMGs ranged from 2.4 firerate to 18.8, Non unique BL2 SMGs ranged from 7.2-9.7. Similar things happened across all gun types and stats, the only variation came from rarity (now a predetermined droprate that determined stats rather than an indicator of the quality of parts you rolled) and Manufactorer, which used to be some statistical buffs/debuff but now determines how a gun functions and they all are gimmicky. Guns exist as descrete types now, with very slight variation wheras in Bl1 it was a consist line of tons of possibilities.

Plus scaling went from linear to exponential. Highest damage weapon in Bl1 was a level 69 Redemtion Rocket Launcher, it did ~4000 damage. Highest in Bl2 was an OP8 Ahab which had its damage in the 100s of millions. Both games have comparable numbers at level 1.
>>
>>345193174
>with the exception fo the rakk hive and final boss
bruh.
it's been ages, but i remember fucktons of bullet sponges
as opposed to BL2, where i'm just cutting through everything
>two sibling skags that took forever to kill
>mothrakk

i can barely remember this game tho
>>
>>345193402
>you are now reminded of rabid skags and stalkers
>>
>>345193562
Rabid Skags and Rabid Stalkers when you're still new were a fucking nightmare.

Voice comms with people was always "RABID SKAG! RABID SKAG! RABID SKAAAAAAAAG!" Made the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve a Three-Horns tier sort of hell.

But now, I'm just running through Arid Nexus farming Rabid and Chubby skags for legendaries and exp like it's nothing.
>>
>>345186448
Fucking this
>>
>>345193402
You probably fought Moe and Marley under leveled, they (and the quest) are targeted at higher levels than the rest of the area they are in. Plus they are meant to be mini-bosses, so a certain amount of sponginess is expected.

Mothrakk was shit, I'll give you that.

But Bl2 had everything turn into a bullet sponge, Gearbox's idea of difficulty was to quadruple enemy health and add regen, if you just did a single playthrough and sidequests you wouldn't have had a problem, but if you went to endgame a single psycho would take an entire magazine from an assualth rifle.

The health regen would Litterally outpace elemental DOTs. It was absurd, and all because they included brokenly overpowered gear, but instead of nerfing it or letting people do what they wanted in a PvE game they made the difficulty balanced around broken mechanics that wernt the intended use of those guns at all and made builds using other less OP playstyles almost unfeasible.
>>
What I want to happen:
Someone somewhere finally asks why everyone is referencing in-jokes from the late 2000s and 2010s when the level of technology and travel makes it probably set hundreds or thousands of years later, where they'd have no context for the memes or in-jokes... And then is immediately slapped and told to 'stop being a fucking nerd'.
>>
>>345194164
I actually enjoyed Mothrakk.

>running around dodging extremely dangerous attacks, firing for ages, slowly whittling away at the HP bar

I just went through Scarlett's DLC for the first time in a year on my level 22 Maya and killed one of the bosses in like... two minutes, and the final boss in maybe 5.
>>
>>345190519
>Zer0's voice and face are revealed to be a ditsy hyper mickey mouse type
>>
>>345194164
Nobody's disagreeing with you on the scaling but as you pointed out, there were a lot of shit that made it tolerable.

Even if we discount the truly broken weapons, shit like melee Zer0 builds and just all of Salvador's existence were a thing too.

>>345194361
Well, you're only lv 22. The scaling doesn't kick in until UVHM/OP.
You could also try a raid boss I guess, maybe that's more your thing.
>>
Borderlands 3 is going to be a Destiny-clone.
You will just be thrown into Pandora and will see other people playing without cooping.
"Dungeons" will have auto-party of up to 4 people.
No more classes as characters, instead you pick a race and a class.
>>
>>345194539
I think the highest I got was 49 on a Psycho, kept making new characters.
>>
More memes, more inclusively
>>
I want Ellie or Torgue to be a playable character
>>
>>345186039
They're either going to play it safe and just hyperdrive everything that made BL2 great or actually try to make the Borderlands 3 MMO that they kind of hyped out at the end of 2.

If they do it right I could see an MMO working because there hasn't really been a FPS MMO RPG outside of Hellgate London and even that was decent but nobody else gave it another try really.
>>
>>345188284
>DLC
Was the stuff for 2 that good? I'm not shitflinging, I'm honestly interested if you put it above the Atlas/Zombie stuff from 1.
>>
>>345195259
I'm not them but the zombie DLC got so fucking tedious after awhile.

That being said the ones after it were pretty damn good, and to be honest, I can't even really remember the Borderlands 2 DLCs that much compared to General Knoxx.
>>
>>345195464

the D&D one was great. But to me ultimately BL2 wins because we got Gaige and Krieg out of them
>>
>>345195259
It varies widely. Just like Robolution was absolute garbage, BL2 has some shit and some great stuff. Nothing quite as bad as Robolution, however.

If you have a PS4 or Xbone, get the Handsome Collection pre-owned for 23$. It's literally going to be cheaper than buying the dlc on steam.

It has an incredible amount of DLC and vastly improves the game's length because there's more DLC than you can finish in one playthrough without hitting the level cap.
>>
More femnazi propaganda, more lol so random humor, more faggots, some new weapon class that sucks shit like lazers, and more dumb perks like "jump 5 times and swap your weapon to deal +25% damage!".
>>
>>345186798
Oh god no it was fucking terrible
And this is coming from a guy with about 600 hours on BL2, played every character up to Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode
And yet when I played the Pre Sequel..I only played one character, and didn't even bother to beat Vault Hunter Mode
It was that bad

What I liked about Borderlands 2, is that when you play it enough and you know which missions are where, and then you do all the missions at the same time and then jump to another area and do all the missions there also, there isn't a dull moment
You grab an Echo Recorder, you kill that special monster, you check that place, then boom 3 sidequests complete
It's clear that they put some thoughts into the missions

But in the Pre Sequel? the backtracking is all over the place, missions are far from each other, barely any teleport locations so it means you need to travel from one point of the map to another, sometimes even a whole area doesn't have teleport, etc
And don't get me started on that "drop 50 white weapons into the box" missions for fuck sake
>>
File: Not a bug.png (562 KB, 553x530) Image search: [Google]
Not a bug.png
562 KB, 553x530
>BL1 Atlas DLC
>Using the Fort glitch a few times before bothering to actually enter
>>
>>345196031

fort glitch?
>>
>>345195921
I think that mission was meant to be played co-op.

But yeah. The Pre-Sequel barely has no fucking quests at all.
>>
>>345195921
I also disagree with the people that say the classes were better.

Athena was an interesting class but other than that it was effectively Cyborg Not-Axton with drones, Aimbot Pistol girl, and lolsorandomright claptrap.
>>
>>345196174
you drop through the floor and reap all of the chests without having the bomb timer
>>
>>345195535
Roboloution wasn't so much garbage as horribly disapointing, at least it wasn't the Underdome. If it and Knoxx's release dates had been switched it would have been much more liked.

Knoxx was a huge expansion that added new class-mods, weapons, a ultra hard endgame boss for farming and the armoury as well as huge areas and the best writing in the series to date.

Roboloution was similar to Zombie Island, but not as good stylistically. No new weapons or gear, nothing to entice endgame players and just kinda meh after Knoxx completly revitalised the game.

Knoxx, Tina's DLC and the Pre-Sequels only proper expansion were some of the best DLC's I've ever played. On par with Artorias of the Abyss and Old Hunter's.

The others were varying stages of meh-good. Zombie Island I love bevause the atmosphere and change of style and pace, it's 10/10 comfy. Bl2's other three DLC's were all ok, but missing something awesome new Weapons in all of them, but the actual areas and missions were not great. Pirate and Torgue had moments of greatness, but Hammerlocks was pretty bad. Roboloution is the same, but without any new gear to redeem it.

I actually loved the Headhunter packs though, sure there wasn't much content (like an hour max from each one) but they cost less than a cup of coffee and had some great areas and fun bosses.
>>
>>345196174
>He doesn't know the Fort glitch
After you kill Knoxx, crouch around on the strip of metal showing where the floor seam is in the tunnel to the lodsaweapons.
You have to goof around for a bit, but you can just fill your entire inventory over and over again, because the last checkpoint before that point is just before Knoxx (since you skip the Fort's one).
>>
File: 1466333883455.png (193 KB, 322x335) Image search: [Google]
1466333883455.png
193 KB, 322x335
>Burch quits
>people were posting about how BL3's writing may stop being shit
>Gearbox releases Battleborn
>it has even worse writing than BL 2/TPS
>>
>>345196223
>it was effectively Cyborg Not-Axton with drones
Don't you fucking diss Wilhelm.
>>
>>345186039

A lot more race mixing.
>>
>>345193174
>Plus scaling went from linear to exponential.

JESUS CHRIST THIS. FUCK THIS, FUCK THIS IN THE EAR.

I played through BL1 recently, and while there were some things that were rather irksome (such as the 'starting area' around Fyrestone. Give me a breadcrumb quest to go to an area, and give me a few others when I get there. If i'm to go -back- there, make it fucking easy to get to. Criss-crossing the map to complete half a dozen quests wasn't real fun) the guns were always more fun.

I played on my first character Roland solo. I was assault rifles the whole way to begin with but I found a fucking awesome shottie and happened to have a class mod so I decided to roll with it. Had a blast, leveled up my shotgun skill which made playing with the shotgun spec even more fun. Rewarded me for persistance. That fucking shotgun lasted me for twenty fucking levels and it was 'just' an epic.

Secondly GIVE ME BACK MY MACHINE GUNS WITH SINGLE BARRELS AND NOT RETARDED ACCURACY. I fucking loathe 'spinguns' in BL2 and TPS. Bandit/Scav LMG's were almost right but had agonising reloads and their accuracy was terrible at the best of times.

And bring Lasers back for BL3. They were so much fun on Wilhelm.
>>
>>345195921
>And this is coming from a guy with about 600 hours on BL2, played every character up to Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode

Wanna know how I know you have shit taste and that your opinion should be discarded?
>>
>>345196414
It's truly a tragedy that ARs were trashcan tier in BL2 onwards.
>>
>>345196349
What you actually do is this.

> Beat Knoxx,
> loot armoury as normal and let it explode
> watch credits for DLC
> Marcus now has a quest, if you do it your reward is another run through the armoury, except now with even better gear in it
> do this, let armoury explode another time
> Marcus has another quest, your reward being one final run through the armoury, now with the best possible levels of rarity
> complete his quest
> DO NOT INITIATE THE COUNTDOWN
> Instead stand in a doorway and turn 90 degrees, you will fall through the floor into the armoury with no timer
> loot every box
> quit the game
> repeat as many times as you want
>>
File: 1467978952269.jpg (20 KB, 284x285) Image search: [Google]
1467978952269.jpg
20 KB, 284x285
>>345196583
Holy shit, thanks!
>>
>>345196509
I'll never understand the reasoning behind giving AR's a 1.6x Headshot modifier compared to every other weapon types 2x (except snipers obviously). WHY? It's not like they were overpowered, all it did was make SMG's the clear winner since they were about even in quality otherwise.
>>
>>345196509

Really the only vaguely useful AR's in BL2/TPS were Dahl ones because their accuracy/recoil reduction when you ADS. Which suited me just fine because I liked Dahl AR's.

Jakobs' AR's were... okay. Could be good, sometimes.
Torgue ones were great for about 5 seconds until you actually tried to shoot someone at range and the piss poor projectile speed fucked you.

Vladof got completely fucked by LOL SPINGUNS

No Hyperion, Maliwan or Tediore AR's.

Also, fuck Tediore. I fucking hate their 'gimmick'.
>>
>>345196508
Considering how 90% of /v/ hates BL2, I don't give a fucking shit about if you think my "taste" is bad
Borderlands 2 is a great game, memes aside, so go fuck yourself
>>
File: Vinesauce transcends disgust.gif (2 MB, 345x260) Image search: [Google]
Vinesauce transcends disgust.gif
2 MB, 345x260
I tend to play solo read: I have no friends, so I wouldn't mind if they removed the duel challenges.
>>
>>345196354
The voice of Scooter, the original writer for Borderlands 1, will be writing for Borderlands 3.

He did not work on Stillborn.
>>
>>345196995
BL2 is fucking awful and both TPS and BL1 shit on it in entirely different ways while still not even being that good themselves.

Sorry your taste is shit though :/
>>
>>345196840
>Also, fuck Tediore. I fucking hate their 'gimmick'.
I think Jack's Doppelganger really got the gimmick down right. He was probably designed solely to make Tediore guns worthwhile. He's pretty fun to play with once you get used to it, to the point where he's ridiculously OP. Reminds me of playing explosive Krieg raid builds.

>Which suited me just fine because I liked Dahl AR's.
Problem was that as >>345196764 points out, SMGs just outclassed ARs in every way for no reason so as a Dahl man myself, I stuck with SMGs for dakka. And I'm not just talking about the Sand Hawk. My friends would bitch non-stop about how they hate the burst-fire on their Dahl guns and throw them away. Then 30 minutes later, they're asking me how I'm doing so much damage. Then they try out Dahl guns again, bitch about the burst-fire again, and throw them away while I pick them up. It's a hilarious but sad cycle with them.

>Torgue ones were great for about 5 seconds until you actually tried to shoot someone at range and the piss poor projectile speed fucked you.
Learning to aim with Torgue ARs probably improved my projectile aim in TF2 (I know it's sad). I couldn't hit shit for the life of me in pubs until I fucked off for a year or two while playing BL2 non-stop. They do a lot of damage in sub-50 levels so I used them a lot and got used to the concept of actually hitting enemies instead of spraying and praying or shooting near them but still missing. When I went back to TF2 I was like "DEMO IS SO FUCKING EASY NOW".

I really wish ARs were better. Even most of the legendaries don't feel like they're worth taking out from my bank alts' vaults. And honestly, other than the Sand Hawk, I fucking hate the multi-shot spraying ARs. I think Jakobs has a lot of those. They were hilarious and great at the earlier levels but after a while, you realise that even if you shot all 3-7 rounds into somebody's head, it still did less damage than a couple SMGs shots or something.
>>
>>345197197
Let's hope for the best.
I though Scooter's actor had some health problems or something like that, which is why the killed him in Tales from BL.
>>
What were rockets like in TPS? They were terrible in 1 obviously, but 2 went a long way towards making them good (i.e. they actually did a lot of damage, had less ammo than other weapons and didn't show up for a long time).
>>
>>345197482
Voice problems. He had a stroke and can no longer do the voice of Scooter without killing his throat in the process, which is why he was killed off in Tales.

To my understanding he is perfectly fine health wise.
>>
>>345186039
Less Claptrap.
>>
>>345197482
>which is why the killed him in Tales from BL.
Fuck, this is what I get for putting off on going through Tales.
>>
>>345197482
He had a stroke at 29. Writing is probably non-intense enough that he can handle it while still dealing with his health issues, but voice acting is pretty exhausting.
>>
>>345197553
Rockets were never good in BL2.

Other than the Norfleet which was strictly OP, none of them were actually good past lv 30.
>>
>>345197578
Why? it's the best Borderlands game
>>
>>345197553
They were great, though iirc nobody really had any viable class builds centered on them.

They were mostly just something you carried around for bosses, second winds, or rocket jumping - unless you had a good elemental one, which could work on quite a few classes as a major weapon.
>>
>>345197569
>>345197642
That's reassuring, let's hope Gearbox won't force him into randumb humor.
>>
>>345196508
It's a thread ABOUT Borderlands, mate. Maybe consider your surroundings first.
>>
>>345197761
Yes, and? DMC2 fans rightfully get laughed at for having shit taste in threads about the series, and BL2 fans should receive the same treatment.

BL1, TPS, and Tales fans are fine.
>>
>>345197761
BL2 is the worst game in the franchise and it's defenders should be mocked wherever they post, ESPECIALLY when shitting on the other games at the same time.
>>
File: 389103.png (1007 KB, 1081x593) Image search: [Google]
389103.png
1007 KB, 1081x593
Who /gaige/ here?
>>
>>345198279
>want to like Gaige
>she's literally hold LMB to kill everything in front of you: the character
What a waste.
>>
>>345186039
A moderately entertaining game to play with a couple friends for a couple hours after work that includes some form of progression as we play without being a stupid MMO.
>>
Which level/area would have done the best on its' own as a separate game? My vote goes to Sanctuary and the mining backstory. Mainly because I have a hard-on for giant mining vehicles.
>>
File: edgetrap.jpg (625 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
edgetrap.jpg
625 KB, 1680x1050
>>345198279
The way deathtrap's appearance changes when you get certain skills is a pretty neat feature
>>
>>345198416
Not true, you have to aim your shots so that they richochet into the enemy when it's the other 88% of the time when they don't richochet, and also angle it right so that they hit critboxes instead of bodyshots.

And then you learn to start doing trick shots like shooting around a corner or hitting the Bunker by bouncing shots off a column while he's all the way fucked off in the middle of empty space.

Gaige is still ez mode but not because you just hold LMB. That's Axton and Salvador's job descriptions, really.
>>
>>345199015
>the other 88% of the time when they don't autoaim
Sorry, it's 5am. I can't type.
>>
Favorite Vault Hunter?

>BL1: Brick
>BL2: Gaige
>TPS: Willhelm
>>
>>345197553
Rockets were good in Borderlands 1, you just had to treat them like Doom rockets where they were strong but still encouraged to be spammed and not modern FPS rockets which people expect to kill someone in one hit.

Bl1 Rockets were only bad in 2 areas of the game, where bad geography on the ground rubies thier splash effect. Otherwise Rocket Brick was one of the funnest builds.
> 10+ rockets without reloading
> regenerate rockets overtime
> super fast reload speeds
> Super easy to put DOTs on stuff with elemental rockets
> Using a Mongol to carpet bomb an area
> Timing/spacing a Nidhogg shot perfectly so the airburst happened right above a tough enemies head so you got 3-4x as much damage
> Abusing he speed glitch to strafe at the speed of sound firing rockets at people.
> Aiming for the legs to create giblets out of them and watching them fall over into chunks

Try it someday.
>>
>>345199425
>BL1
Roland solo, Lilith with friends
>BL2
Gaige solo, Maya with friends
>TPS
Athena solo, Huntress with friends
>>
>>345199591
I should mention that I also really liked Rocket-focused Brick in 1 and Wilhelm in 3 though.
>>
>>345196995
>ever caring about /v/'s opinions
i learned to stop the hard way
>250 hours in FO4, absolute great
"shit game"
>50 hours in TW3, don't really care about it that much"
"absolute goty"
>come back a few months later
"absolute shit"

>shit on borderlands in every way imaginable
>shilling overwatch while claiming battleborn has awful character design
>>
I wonder if people will even care about Borderlands by the time 3 comes out.

We live in a very different world compared to when Borderlands 1 came out. Destiny and Division is rolling in the dough and Gearbox banked fucking hard on Battleborn instead of Borderlands 3.

A new one probably won't be out until 2018, and will people still care then?
>>
>>345199834
i'm still mad
if gearbox had spent more on marketing battleborn would have gotten a much bigger crowd
it looks like it deserves way more than it got. i'm gonna order it tomorrow
>>
>>345199714
>shilling overwatch while claiming battleborn has awful character design
This I don't get. I also know people that bitch about games being shallow, repetitive or boring and then praise this shit when it's one of the most casual friendly games ever made.
>>
>>345200297
Yeah, it's sad. If Overwatch hadn't been hyped by becoming a porn meme shit might have turned out differently.

Though Gearbox really dropped the fucking ball.
>Well, this good game is going to sell itself!!
What the fuck?
I mean, yes, Benedict is very cool. But what the fuck?
>>
>>345200150
hi randy
>>
>>345186039
Any games with a similar setting as Borderlands? An alien world filled with treasure and bandit scum etc.

As for Borderlands 3, I hope the writing will be on par with Tales from the Borderlands which was enjoyable as fuck. Fiona is probably going to be one of the classes in the third.
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.