[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think a game crash would restore video games back to being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Theriseofgayms.png (1 MB, 2709x1844) Image search: [Google]
Theriseofgayms.png
1 MB, 2709x1844
Do you think a game crash would restore video games back to being good again? Or is it the player base that's the problem?
>>
The problem is down to people willing to pay for shit. So that's what everyone is getting.
>>
File: DSCF2294__1_.0[1].jpg (305 KB, 2040x1360) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2294__1_.0[1].jpg
305 KB, 2040x1360
yes
>>
>>345174847
autism is increasing because they keep expanding the criteria.
>>
>>345174847
Crash of what sector? PC? Mobile? Consoles?
>>
Did autism rates really increase or is it just over-diagnosis like ADD/ADHD? Or is it because autism is a fuckhuge spectrum so even made up shit like Aspbergers is on the spectrum and literally everyone one 4chan "suffers" from it.
>>
>>345174847
back to good like what?
most games were allways trash, its just that no one talks about the shitty ones anymore, i mean why would you
>>
>>345175140
whats wrong with their faces?
>>
>>345174847
If you also account for the fact more and more families don't have a stay at home mother... it makes sense. Latchkey kid becomes socially awkward nerd... which is really what most 'autism' is.
>>
>>345175194
this, social awkwardness is now a form of autism. it wasn't 20 years ago
>>
The demographic changed.
The Xbox 360 was the beginning of the end.
3D platformers were the proverbial canary in the mineshaft; as soon as Microsoft learned they could be successful marketing shooters to children the dream was over.
>>
>>345174847
>Do you think a game crash would restore video games back to being good again?
Why the fuck would it? No really, tell me why the fuck you think an economic crash would have anything at all to do with improving quality.

We already have developers making smaller projects and are labeled financially independent. We have developers using crowd funding. We have all the things that a crash would lead to.

By the way, games are still good. You just don't know where to look.
>>
File: 1327699297822.jpg (30 KB, 555x644) Image search: [Google]
1327699297822.jpg
30 KB, 555x644
The only thing that would restore games to being good again is if you hadn't spent so much time playing them to begin with.

They're no longer novel to you and provide little fun, you need a nearly perfect game suited entirely for your interests to enjoy rather than anything you get your hands on like when you were a child.

This is why video games suck for people compared to earlier yet casuals and new gamers are still having just as much fun as you did when you started.
>>
>>345175216
its a known fact that most kids diagnosed with adhd dont acually suffer from it
but antidepressiva etc on a whole has been way more laxly prescribed over the last 20 years or so then before, even more so in the usa
>>
>>345175308
It's actually a screenshot of the new NX-Miis.
The graphics are just that good.
>>
/v/, stop, there won't be a game crash. You've been wanting it to happen for years, and it will never happen.
>>
File: jew-pills[1].jpg (491 KB, 1200x700) Image search: [Google]
jew-pills[1].jpg
491 KB, 1200x700
>>345174847
Now it's the autism spectrum. 10 years ago it was ADD/ADHD. In 10 years there will be some other manufactured mental illness that requires expensive therapy and drugs.
>>
>>345175793
>>345175229
I still enjoy games. Just not modern ones. Even ones from before I was born. A lot of the late 70s arcade stuff.
>>
>>345175216
I'm going to assume Autism is some sort of brain-eater. Which sucks when you get infected with it.
>>
>>345174847
The problem it is in everything, which is overwhelming as anon >>345175041 said.

A crash is necessary, but it won't fix much since this industry is easily ruined. At least it will release the focus on $ for a while which is a fucking huge advance.

That or the new entertainment media will appear.
>>
>>345175502
>>345175194
While it was overdiagnosed for a while (I think that's started to go down a bit once the DSM V came out and more narrowly defined autism), part of what contributed to the rise of diagnoses was that for decades some people with autism were never properly diagnosed because not much was known about it at the time, and many had been labeled with some form of mental retardation instead of autism, so you suddenly had 40-50+ year olds suddenly learning they're not retarded but autistic.
>>
>>345174847
A gaming crash would solve the demographics problem, because normies don't have the time or patience to follow and play worthwhile indie games.

But gaming would build itself back up eventually and the same shit would happen.

The general public is also quite fickle and all the COD and casual shit popular now will eventually loose popularity when normies get bored of it.
>>
>>345176716
They'll just jump on the next garbage game.
>>
>>345175641
Most games are shit because games try to appeal to literally even your grandma and her cat so that they can justify their hundred million budget by having a large target audience.

On the other hand we have indies trying to cash in on past successes and nostalgia with lazy design.

A crash would deter normies from buying video games and as we know, normies are the reason everything crashes and burns
>>
>>345174847
There guys know what's up OP
>>345175041
>>345176095
The market is too over saturated and know any kid with unity and the asset store can pop out garbage make games that will be eaten up by the masses.

Also I'll take the shot and be the "super sekrut club" guy, because honestly gaming going mainstream is also another huge problem.
Companies can't experiment as much as they used to because the industry went from a multi-million dollar one to a multi-billion dollar one and the risks are too high.
It's even worse now because in this generation I don't think I've seen a single new IP gain traction save for Splatoon and I'm unsure about that one.

A crash could slow down the AAA companies for a bit and possibly cause them to asses their methods,and downside.
It could possibly go either way for the Indie scene. But that depends on how it chooses to respond.

It's like 2am where I'm at but I hope I got my points across
>>
The crash was limited to consoles while PC continued to get support. Cell Phone and PC games would still thrive and the consoles might never come back like anything you want.
>>
>>345178194
PC can't survive on Indie games and exclusives (lets face it most PC exclusives are extremely niche)
And without consoles I doubt AAA devs would shift to pc without hesitation.
Emulation might be able to save it, but even that's kinda niche as well.
PC would just revert to the obscurity it once was.
>>
>>345178497
You're a fucking idiot just stop posting.
>>
>>345178497
3/10 Reeks a bit too much of underageb&
>>
>>345175536
>The 360 was the beginning of the end
Sup late 90s baby.
PS2 was the beginning of the end.
>>
>>345175536
see
>>345179268

PS2 was the end.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.