[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fiore is a miracle but she's stuck in a nightmare game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
Fiore is a miracle but she's stuck in a nightmare game.
>>
>>345162674
You are very easy to please if you actually like Fiore.
>>
>>345162674
How is this game?

My first Star Ocean game was the one with the stupid loli with a verbal tick and I couldn't put up with it. Is the series alright or am I justified in fucking off from it forever?
>>
>>345163294
Gay detected
>>
>>345163423
It was my first one, it seems like a extremely predictable average JRPG that does nothing new and has an abnormally low amount of area to explore.
>>
File: that bitch miki suspects nothing.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
that bitch miki suspects nothing.jpg
328 KB, 1920x1080
>>345163423
Really bad in every single way. The game introduces a rock-paper-scissors battle system which is already a warning sign and then proceeds to prove that blocking is useless except for grinding green reserve bar meter for more SP after a boss fight because strong attacs are better than light attacks and defending so there's no point to doing anything but spamming your strong attack skill.

Then there's the cutscenes. At first I thought it was going to be interesting moving the camera around while everyone talks and acts but no, the camera is locked to the main character during cutscenes and you can zoom in and out and turn it around him but move it nowhere else. Not like there's much to see because people barely move during cutscenes and everyone stands and stares at eachother while talking for great lengths about nothing important.

The story is stupid and consists of rescuing the same little girl about five (so far, not finished the game) times but the plot twist is one of the times you rescued her it wasn't actually the same little girl but her twin sister. Oh no!

Despite being called star ocean the farthest into space you go is a ship and then you go back down to your medieval planet and backtrack the same 7 maps for 30 hours.
>>
>>345163423
>>345163730
Sorry, it's too late for you two to enjoy Star Ocean. SO2 is probably too early for you guys to appreciate it and you had to be around for the PS2 era of JRPGs to get enjoyment out of SO3. As of now, you'll just bitch about them all. Stick to Tales, it's easier to get into.
>>
>>345163423
play star ocean the second story and never touch the series again
>>
>>345163423
SO3 and SO4 were my favourites. SO1 was okay and SO2 is debatably the best but I don't like it as much.
The series is just a shittier Tales Of in space though.
SO4's battle system is fun, I have no idea why they removed the Blindside mechanic, it was really fun to pull off.
>>
>>345163897
>>345163935
Currently in the process of clearing my PS2 backlog, anyways. I'll put SO2 on the list and get to it eventually.
>>
It's like they saw FF13's sales numbers and tried the exact same thing.
>>
>>345163897
I don't hate the game, I just find it so average that it is notable. I'd play this over Hypershit Dicktunia any day.
>>
>>345164168
Almost make me miss SO4 huge maps.
>>
Getting uncomfortably close to NPCs as they talk and watching Fidel make facial expressions is more fun than the actual game.
>>
File: dragon roar.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dragon roar.jpg
129 KB, 1280x720
>>345164391
I remember being stuck on SO4's final map before the final dungeon for ages and I fucking loved it. It helped I was switching between Edge, Arumat and Bacchus a lot and learning to play them better.
>>
>>345164168
Also, I don't know if this happens later in the game because I quit before then, but goddamn, does this game need fast travel. Having to run through long, pointless corridors over and over again to buy shit, turn in quests, or buy shit needed for quests to turn in, is painful as fuck. Even if they just let you autocomplete quests without having to run back to the fucking board every time, it would be way better.
>>
>>345164689
Space Magus was OP as fuck. Also,
>last name is unironically Thanatos
>>
>All those space ship battles.
>You only get to hear what's going on from inside the Charles D.
>You don't get to actually see the fight.
Even SO4 got this right, what the fuck happened here?
>>345164932
Arumat would have been better if he was tongue in cheek.
"So you think you're EDGE hm kid? Tch, nothing personal."
>>
No matter how average this game is it still outsold #FE.
>>
>>345166245
No matter how average this game is, it can not match how cancerous #FE is. And I don't even care about censorship.
>>
>>345166407
I take it you didn't like the idol shit?
>>
>>345167269
Idolshit is an industry that drives my vision red, it is an awful sham of an industry devoid of anything good, productive, and inspired, the only thing more morally bankrupt and creative void is fucking hollywood, the place that coined the term 'casting couch', it's that bad. The fact anyone could even stomach it without feeling like you drank several gallons of raw sewage.
>>
>>345167269
I don't get how anyone can, to be honest. I don't even want to be a "stop liking what I don't like" but I seriously have a hard time seeing someone other than a fifteen year old literal weaboo liking it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.