[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is it possible for a sane person to think this is a bad game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
How is it possible for a sane person to think this is a bad game? Not talking here about how it compares to 1 or 3 or Bloudbourne, but as a game. It's not a good game, it's an amazing game.

>forest of the fallen giants
>majula
>best souls girl
>best builds
>huge amount of amazing and memorable boss fights
>impossibly good optimisation, runs at a trillion fps on a 3310
>DLC are old hunters tier, best content From has created so far (with the old hunters of course)
>best soundtrack
>best NPCs
>hardest soulsborne game
>shitton of interesting lore
>I hear the pvp is great

And you say it's garbage just because there's a flying volcano and a pile of rubble blocking a path?
>>
bamp
>>
>>345121705
Soul Memory is the only shitty thing in the game.
>>
>>345122567
this, also katanas could be balanced better but on the whole it's a great pvp game
>>
>>345121705
It's not a bad game, but there are problems with it.

Forest of Fallen Giants: a good opening area, I'll give you that.
Majula: I hate having to return to a hub world to level every single time. This is an issue for later games as well.
Best souls girl: I don't give a shit about waifus
Best builds: highly subjective, though I didn't see much variance from other souls games
Huge amount of amazing and memorable boss fights: such as guy in armor, 2 guys in armor, one butthole face suit of armor, guy in armor from previous game. There are some great boss fights, but it's watered down by the dull ones.
best NPCs: really? I found them to be the most forgettable of all the series.
Hardest soulsborne game: lol.
Shitton of interesting lore: The game devs admitted that the story was scrapped halfway through and roughly stitched together. It doesn't hold up.

Again, not a bad game. Some of the things it does well are great improvements. Other things are hot garbage.
>>
>>345123807
This. PvP is the best in the series. The other games have a better PvE experience, but the DLC is on par with the other games.
>>
>>345121705
The bosses are the worst aspect of the entire game, excluding the DLC ones. It's also not the hardest, it's easy as fuck once you get the right weapon upgraded.
>>
>>345121705
It's good alright but it is so far behind the other Soulsborne games that it's a shame for the series
>>
>>345121705

I have around 600 hours in this game on steam (not counting pirated version and xbox360 gameplay time) and the only mechanic that pulls me off is the 360 spins on most enemies.
I dont care about graphics (the art is good)
I dont care about adp (after 19 you are golden and archieving 19 is a task of killing 2 bosses at max)
I dont care about soul memory as it is a non issue if you play carefully or reach very high sm tiers.
I dont care about linearity as dark souls 1 wasn't that open after ringing the second bell.
It is only this stupid descision I learned to cope with, but not to love. The game is good, but this mechanic made it less than an 8/10.
>>
>>345121705
>How is it possible for a sane person to think this is a bad game?
Edgy contrarians hate on everything. DaS2 is the best souls game.
>>
>>345124876
>it's easy as fuck once you get the right weapon upgraded.
welcome to souls
>>
>>345125213
I don't care about being forced to level up a stat
I don't care about the fact that the game has taken steps back in its world design
I don't care about a system that prevents pvp based upon the individuals lack of skill in pve
What would make you hate it?
>>
>>345121705
There are endless specific things that it messes it but for me the two things that really kill this game are the controls and level design.
>>
>>345121705
>best souls girl
That's not maiden in black
>>
>>345121705
>Not talking here about how it compares to 1 or 3 or Bloudbourne

>Goes on to compare it it to all 3

I think das2 is a fine game but OP you are fucking retarded
>>
>>345121705
My only experience is with SotFS, but I legitimately think its bad.

The hitboxes are as bad as the bombs in Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on NES.
You get invaded every 15 minutes by the game. (I don't have PSN)
Some areas have absolutely dickheaded enemy placement, the only thing that makes these areas manageable at all is the fact that enemies don't respawn after being killed 15 times, so you don't have to be overwhelmed forever.

Overall I just don't have any fun playing it, the only thing I find fun in the game is fighting the Pursuer.
>>
>>345125508

Nobody is forced to level this stat up. You can use a shield the whole game and ignoring adp. No point to discuss it as it is a non issue. Furthermore you gain far more souls in this game for a reason.

The world design is fine as it is. You can travel to 4 different instances after fighting just 1 boss and more instaces open up as you travel your chosen route. No points made here.

If you lack skill in pve, you will lack skill iin pvp. It's a wall and a filter and, as all points above, a non issue.

Nothing you can say can make me hate this game as you have not spent enough time with this game to make points or aguments.
>>
>>345125508
>forced
it's not like you have zero iframes with base adp, you're just shit at dodging and need a more forgiving roll. get good
das1 already took steps back post lordvessel
once again, get good or just do what everyone else does and use CE to make pvp characters and teleport to iron bridge. it's not like anyone is playing through the game anymore. everyone just goes to iron bridge for pvp
>>
>>345126401
>das1 already took steps back
>therefore it's sequel should also take those same steps back
That's not how it works, i need a more forgiving roll because the hitboxes in this game are fucking garbage and you know it.
>>345126073
>If you lack skill in pve, you will lack skill iin pvp. It's a wall and a filter and, as all points above, a non issue.
yeah, pvp builds always succeed in pve, that's just a fact, i've beaten the game twice.
>>
File: 93% winrate.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
93% winrate.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>345126657
>the hitboxes are garbage
W E L C O M E T O S O U L S
personally I prefer das2's level design and the only real steps back are iron keep and linearity of levels
stop harping on about soul memory, everyone knows it's fucking garbage but nobody cares anymore because the people who still play it just use CE to get around it.
>>
>>345126657
>yeah, pvp builds always succeed in pve, that's just a fact, i've beaten the game twice.

you are trying to be sarcastic or something? I want you to list one half of a build that wont successfully beat the main game but will destroy pvp. One build.Go
>>
Over half of those are incorrect, specially the lore

>WE WUZ KAINGZ N SHIEET
>DEM GIANTS CAME OVER N SHIEET
>MANUS N SHIEEEEEEEET
>>
Animations, hitboxes, soul memory, diminishing health.

Garbage all of it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.