[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is ds4windows still the best ds4 wrapper available? it doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: p1[1].png (70 KB, 907x447) Image search: [Google]
p1[1].png
70 KB, 907x447
Is ds4windows still the best ds4 wrapper available? it doesn't look like it's been updated in a long time and I keep having problems being unable to use exclusive mode which means a lot of games won't read my inputs/misread them
>>
>>345119421
They updated it to a new program called Input Mapper.
Thank me later
>>
>>345119794

No, fuck this shit. DS4Windows is still all you need to get perfect functionality out of a DS4. No bloat, no installation package. Just a simple exe that works.

OP if you're having trouble getting it to work, make sure you're on the latest version of DS4Windows, and if you're using shitty Windows 10, you must be on the latest mainline build. The original build had an issue where the explorer.exe process would attach itself to the DS4 when you plug it in, and this prevented DS4Windows from getting exclusivity. The problem is resolved now, and I know first hand you can use it just fine with Windows 10.
>>
>>345120131
yeah I'm using ds4windows 1.4.401 and I'm not on 10, I'm still using 7. I tried that input mapper thing and it did the exact same thing anyway while also looking like motionjoy shit. is there a way to tell what applications are attaching themselves to a controller?
>>
>>345120557

No, there isn't any way to tell. It was through process of elimination that people found out Microsoft fucked things up in 10 and determined it to be explorer.exe.

But think logically. Steam, uPlay, etc these are all programs that will grab the controller. Make sure nothing gaming related is running when you connect and use DS4Windows. I can actually plug my controller in with Steam already running and still get exclusivity no problem, even with Bluetooth. But just be smart about it.

I'm using Windows 7 too and have no problems whatsoever getting it to connect.
>>
Was it really true that DS3 was malware?
>>
There's a program called Inputmapper2 that will have plugin support for more controllers and configurations, but it's not ready yet.
But it'll be cool once it's done, I plan to make an 8bitdo plugin for it.
>>
>>345121075
I'm not running steam, or uplay, or teamspeak or any of the other programs people always say to turn off because it interferes with exclusivity. I can get it to work if I reset my pc but if I disconnect it and later reconnect it there's a high chance it'll stop working again. It's hard because there doesn't seem to be something specific that triggers it, it's just "if my pc has been on for a while, it's likely to not work"
>>
Only time I get an error prompt with exclusive mode is if I open up DS4Windows -after- having started a game, if you just make sure to connect everything properly before heading into a game (and sometimes Steam), then you'd be fine.
>>
>>345121190
motionjoy, the input wrapper most people used for it was
>>
>>345121569

To be clear, it wasn't MotioninJoy that was the malware. It's that the developer wasn't getting shit for money from donations so he decided to sell out ad space on his program, and the ads were coming from China with malware embedded. The guy had an "offline" version as well that completely circumvented the ads and was totally clean.
>>
>>345121815
either way, that started bluescreening my computer. that's wshit hen I found scpserver and ditched that adware piece of shit for good
>>
>>345119421
Yes.
Don't use this shit: >>345119794, >>345121406, it's adware/donationware. It's just DS4Windows, with a different GUI and closed source.
During development of DS4Windows this guy was literally copy/pasting features as they were implemented in DS4Windows and putting them behind ads.
>>
Try input mapper, is really awsome.
>>
>>345121423
i'm in the same boat.
just gotta restart all those interfering apps every time you sync the pad.

it sucks, but no one has done better.
>>
>>345123182
I wouldn't mind restarting the interfering programs if I could figure out which one(s) they were. so instead I have to reset my pc, which I mean doesn't take long because I have a ssd, BUT STILL
>>
File: ds4w.png (154 KB, 1389x621) Image search: [Google]
ds4w.png
154 KB, 1389x621
>>345121979

I can back up what this guy is saying. Don't use that bloated crap.

DS4Windows still has plenty of features and customization, no reason to use anything else.
>>
>>345123323
I dunno then. Steam is the only one affecting my DS4win.
>>
>>345123680
I just wish they would update it to work with other dinput controllers
Surely it can't be that difficult to just apply it to a different device and change the button maps
>>
I also wish x360ce wasn't such a piece of crap.
>>
after disabling things one at a time, it looks like it might be discord grabbing the controller for some reason. odd
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.