[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Archie actually do anything wrong? A genuine question. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13
Did Archie actually do anything wrong? A genuine question.

The few times his team actually stole something and caused mayhem was when there was literally no other option to do so.

His idea to increase the planet's water supply would have actually been beneficial to most of the hoenn region since a large majority of it is clearly in higher altitudes. If anything more cities and habitable grounds would have popped up since most of the pollution of the volcano would have been actively swept and cleaned.

Hell even when Kyogre was released and things went to shit it wasn't really his fault since there was literally no way he would have known that Kyogre was going to actually try to drown the entire planet in water.

Honestly Archie is probably the only pokemon antogonist that wasn't stupid and actually had a pretty good idea and goal. It was everything else around him that made his plan go to shit.
>>
DUDE WATER LMAO
>>
>>345114742

Neither him nor Maxie had any idea what they were doing.

And I don't know where you got the idea that raising the water level through torrential rains would be safe in any way, but it wouldn't. The game shows you just a little bit of a harder rainfall, but if you actually speak with people while it's happening, they sound terrified and legitimate scientists tell you that the flooding would be extensive.

Neither of the plans was a good idea. None of the Pokemon villains has ever been someone you could morally agree with.

Hell both Maxie and Archie themselves realize how bad of an idea it is when it gets really bad.
>>
>>345115183
>None of the Pokemon villains has ever been someone you could morally agree with
Cyrus
>>
>>345115589

Cyrus' actual plan was the most insane and the most dangerous.

Furthermore his team is the one that hurts the most people and are the biggest assholes and that's including Team Rocket, a group that literally identifies themselves as a criminal organization.
>>
>>345115183
>Neither of the plans was a good idea. None of the Pokemon villains has ever been someone you could morally agree with.
>you can't agree with N
>>
>>345116189
N wasn't really a villain though.
>>
>>345116189

Ghetsis was the villain of Black and White.

N was a pawn with a convenient ability that he manipulated to rally people behind him so that he would have more resources to carry out his actual plan.
>>
>>345115903
>Furthermore his team is the one that hurts the most people
Huh?
>>
>>345115183
Again Archie had Jo way of knowing that Kyogre was going to outright drown the entire Hoenn region. Had his plan worked out he would of had control and would have only raised the water levels a significant amount not outright destroy the land.

As for the idea of how he was going to increase the water levels there really isn't a better way. If you surged the sea itself it would cause massive tsunami waves and melting the poles would lead to ane ice age which both would have caused far more destruction than heavy rain.

Maxie on the other hand was just outright retarded. Not only did his plan involve erupting a fucking volcano on a super massive level but it also involved massive continental shifts and earthquakes. The mere steps of Maxie's plan alone would have wiped out the entire Hoenn region of all life not to mention decreasing the amount of water that life needs to live on.

Compare that to Archie's "Let's increase the water levels so that there is more habitability across the planet through heavy rain.

If Archie's plan went through at most a few coastal cities would have been lost a few mudslides would happen.
>>
>>345115903
it would have worked though. he would have created a perfect world
>>
>>345117125
Did you miss his "perfect world" containing only him and no one else?
>>
>>345116189
>you can't agree with the biggest faggot in the entire Pokemon franchise
There was pretty much no point to N. He was only there to make the tweest of Ghetsis being the villain.
>>
>>345117258
he was going to recreate people and pokemon to be better
>>
>>345116659

>at most a few coastal cities would have been lost a few mudslides would happen

44% of the world live within 60 miles of the coast
>>
>>345116659

Maxie's plan wasn't to erupt the volcano. That was just where Groudon had been sleeping.

His plan was to use Groudon's power to spew magma and move individual landmasses to create more land for more people to live on. He meant to use him to "summon" land like Kyogre "summons" rain.

They both had good intentions but the actual results of both of their plans once their respective legendaries went out of control would have been equally catastrophic.
>>
>>345114742
>DUDE MORE WATER LMAO, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN IF WE AWAKEN A MONSTER THAT WAS SAID TO HAVE CREATED THE FUCKING OCEANS
>>
File: eggy.png (35 KB, 489x322) Image search: [Google]
eggy.png
35 KB, 489x322
>>345117592
>>
>>345115589
>muh hugbox universe where only I am the ruler and do as I please
Cyrus was /r9k/ in charge of a villain team
>>
>>345117258

it wouldn't have contained this shitty thread so it's automatically better than the world we're in
>>
>>345116189
I could agree if N if the series hasn't always stated that pokemon love battling being with their trainers since day 1
>>
>>345117947

to be fair pretty much everyone who says that has a vested interest in perpetuating the ideas - shopkeepers, clinicians, employees of the League etc
>>
>>345117609
In what we've seen of the pokemon world most of the cities are in higher elevation than in our world.

A vast majority of Hoenn is dominated by a volcano and most of the cities in the game is next to said volcano.

The entire region of Unova is basically just mountains so they'd be almost entirely unaffected.

Most of Jhoto is on high plateaus no where near the coast.

Kanto and B/W's region are pretty low in elevation so a majority of them might get fucked but X/Y's region also has several mountains that are inhabited.

Ultimately the only regions that would be significantly terrorized would be Kanto and whatever black and whites region was called.
>>
>>345117861
Didn't Cyrus get fucked over by one of those lake legendaries?
>>
In the manga the groudon vs kyogre fucked Hoenn completely. Slateport got drowned and fortree city almost burned
>>
>>345118185
Scientists. Not him, but pokemon don't really give a shit, just as we don't give a shit about fighting for sport. Not all pokemon enjoy it just like not all humans do.
>>
>>345118324
RIP Alolans
>>
>>345118369
I only played Platinum, but what I remember is him choosing to stay in Giratina's distorted world in order to create his hugbox world or something
>>
>>345118802
"That Pokémon... That shadowy Pokémon was captured/defeated?!/That shadowy Pokémon... You quelled its rage by refusing to battle it?! Your doing so means that this irrational world will remain in existence! Does that make it impossible for me to create a new world? Even if I made new Red Chains, the new world can't be made! Why?! What compels you to protect the two worlds? Is spirit, a vague and incomplete thing, so important to you?!"
"Silence! Enough of your blathering! That's how you justify spirit as something worthwhile?! That is merely humans hoping, deluding themselves that they are happy and safe! The emotions roiling inside me... Rage, hatred, frustration... These ugly emotions arise because of my own incomplete spirit! ...Enough. We will never see eye to eye. This, I promise you. I will break the secrets of the world. With that knowledge, I will create my own complete and perfect world. One day, you will awaken to a world of my creation. A world without spirit."
>>
>>345118802
I seem to remember something about Cyrus encountering one of the lake guardians and getting robbed of his emotions or something. I could be wrong, been so many years since I played platinum myself
>>
>>345118324
Unova is the name of the region in b/w

In d/p/p, the name of the region is Sinnoh
>>
>>345119210
>"Silence! Enough of your blathering! That's how you justify spirit as something worthwhile?! That is merely humans hoping, deluding themselves that they are happy and safe! The emotions roiling inside me... Rage, hatred, frustration... These ugly emotions arise because of my own incomplete spirit!"
Ow the edge
>>
File: wroaw.png (101 KB, 211x219) Image search: [Google]
wroaw.png
101 KB, 211x219
>>345114742
>5'7"
>>
File: [Roundabout].png (287 KB, 737x437) Image search: [Google]
[Roundabout].png
287 KB, 737x437
>>
>>345115183
Maxie did nothing wrong.
More land means more area of cultivation.
>>
What in the literal fuck was this bitches problem?

She nearly doomed the entire planet for no reason.
>>
>>345124134
Forgot pic.
>>
>>345124134
>>345124287
Muh wish!
>>
>>345124134
>>345124287
She believed that if the meteor was teleported it would destroy an alternate universe
>>
>>345124949
Considering that the current games are set in an alternate universe where mega evolution does happen, they are probably alluding to how the original games has no such meteor incident.
>>
>>345124949
She says that and yet it is never explained why she believes that. Like literally nothing in the draconian lore said anything about that. I genuinely think she was retarded.
>>
>>345114742
Yes. Hoenn had enough water as it is, and he wanted more of it? Magma was the way to go.
>>
>>345125206
see>>345125180
>>
>>345118802
Sounds like the End of Evangelion.
>>
>>345125629
I understand what it was alluding to but Zinnia had literally no reason to believe or even think up of what she said that's something only the player themselves could think of. If the draconian lore said something like "oh btw there's like a bunch of other world's out there so try not to fuck them over." Her reasoning would at least make an once of sense.
>>
>>345119264
No. As you can see from >>345119210 Cyrus does have emotions. He's just autistic as fuck and can't stand people liking things he doesn't like, so he wanted to wipe the world and make another where everyone agrees with him and no one has emotions.
>>
File: 1435029211150.png (207 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
1435029211150.png
207 KB, 640x800
>>345114742
Team Magma was better.
>>
File: trwetrew.jpg (184 KB, 992x1403) Image search: [Google]
trwetrew.jpg
184 KB, 992x1403
I don't wanna sound like a fag or anything but I'd like to put archies big fat cock in my mouth
>>
>>345115903
Team Flare wanted to sacrifice a bunch of pokemon so they could start a world-ending event so they could destroy literally everything except a few rich people who paid to chill in thier bunker that likely wouldn't have even worked.
>>
Honestly idk which team was more retarded.

Team Plasma wanted to literally summon god so that they could try to force him to make a new world when in reality the best case scenario for them was that Dialga/Palkia/Giratina decided to just say fuck you and leave. Worst case scenario the above mentioned would have still said fuck you and just end the world.

Meanwhile you have Team Flare be like: "ay let's literally genocide a bunch of pokemon so that we can genocide our own race so that we can live in peace."

Like was there even a pinch of fucking forethought between either of these teams?
>>
>>345129636
Team galactic had the red chain that allowed them to control Dialga and Palkia remember? Even if it didn't work, Dialga and Palkia would have just got told off by Arceus before they got to destroy anything
>>
>>345121147
that's pretty tall in nip standards
>>
File: ARCHIE.jpg (247 KB, 323x450) Image search: [Google]
ARCHIE.jpg
247 KB, 323x450
He's responsible for this.
>>
File: that's what you get.png (204 KB, 500x308) Image search: [Google]
that's what you get.png
204 KB, 500x308
>>345128680
completely original idea. donut steel
>>
>>345129943
>they would have just got told off by Arceus.
"Ya know what faggots? How about I just kill all of you?"
"Dialga no. You know what I've said about killing our denizens."
"But Daaaaaaaaad."
I chuckled.
>>
File: CbB5Ab4UkAAoUsd.jpg (57 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CbB5Ab4UkAAoUsd.jpg
57 KB, 600x600
is it gay if i want to overflow archie's body with my semen

>>345128416
this man gets it
>>
>>345128416
same desu
>>
>>345125180
I always thought Birth Island WAS the meteor and that it never actually caused destruction due to Deoxys. A NPC mentions that Deoxys probably just wanted to see the world that birthed it, so it's possible it would have stopped the meteor in ORAS as well.
>>
>>345129636
Most members of Team Galactic didn't even know about their endgame, and even some of the admins basically say "fuck it, I'm out" when they discover what Cyrus really wanted.
>>
File: 57403375_p0.jpg (2 MB, 2200x1600) Image search: [Google]
57403375_p0.jpg
2 MB, 2200x1600
you wanna come swim with us, /v/?
>>
File: tumblr_nfz8vwygvm1qe66alo2_1280.png (778 KB, 829x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfz8vwygvm1qe66alo2_1280.png
778 KB, 829x1000
I'm gonna marry Archie!
>>
>>345129636
Team Flare was right
>>
>>345132024
A-Are you even wearing underwears?
I-I don't have a swimsuit or surf
>>
Why would more water help anybody? On an archipelago no less. What is the point? At least Maxie wanted more territory.

In the real world we have better maps of Mars than the ocean.

More water helps nobody.
>>
>archie will never sit on your face
why live
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.