[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people literally don't give a shit about Ace Attorney
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: AA6_Box_art.png (2 MB, 1500x1337) Image search: [Google]
AA6_Box_art.png
2 MB, 1500x1337
>people literally don't give a shit about Ace Attorney 6

How did Capcom fuck up this bad?
I know AA5 was mediocre as fuck, but seriously.
>>
>>345113903
It could be nostalgia, but I haven't been particularly keen on the direction the series has been going. Having said that, I've only been avoid AA6 news because I think it's better to go into it with no expectations. I was hype as fuck for AA5 and it ended up being my least favorite entry to the series. Not trying to stir up shit by saying that, it's just, like, my opinion, man.

Personally, AA6 is probably going to be their last chance to convince me that these games are still worth getting, and I really hope they do.
>>
>Pandering to AA 1 fags
>Again

What the fuck are they thinking? Just fucking nut up and make a good Apollo game already.

>Let's bring Phoenix back as the protagonist because SALES
>IT DIDN'T WORK
>Let's bring Maya back as the sidekick!
>...
>>
>>345113903
The people who work on the games can't do what they want because the fans want to be pandered too.
>>
You are now aware you can't remember anything from AA5 because it wasn't memorable at all

Meanwhile if I so much as mention "The bridge" your mind immediately goes back to that specific case in the third game.
>>
>>345113903
What were the sales?
>>
People are hiding from spoilers. Lack of discussion is a side effect.
>>
>>345114545
I never got further than the mandatory Japanifornia case with the not-Japanese village with the bird demon thing. Does it get somewhat better after that case?
>>
>>345115012
eat your hamburgers apollo
>>
>>345115012
Depends on who you ask. I'll double down on my unpopular opinions by saying that 5-2 was my favorite case from that game.
>>
I was pretty dissapointed in how easy most of the cases were in 5. Hell they flat out tell you who did it in the second one.
>>
>>345114663
AA 5 was shit because if hand holding and Athena, not because of Phoenix.
>>
>>345114824
you're exaggerating
>>
>>345115558
yes I am

>>345115550
Phoenix is a shit character after Apollo Justice whereby everyone was morally ambiguous instead of "muh paragon of justice" and all that shit

they literally retconned him back to being a boring self insertable nigglet
>>
File: 1466440443366.jpg (28 KB, 284x215) Image search: [Google]
1466440443366.jpg
28 KB, 284x215
is there a confirmed english release date yet?
>>
I just finished Miles Edgeworth 2 last night. Why can't the Phoenix Wright games be so intricately webbed?
>>
>>345115987
>Crapcom

The answer is always no

>>345116024
Because people who play the main games are retards who enjoyed the slop that was JFA and so they pander to their potato brains

It's sad
>>
AA5 feels like they built the cases around the story, rather than the story around the cases. In the previous games, it feels like they designed the crime, with all its different facets first, and then worked out how the player would uncover the parts of the case. In DD, it feels like the entire story is developed starting with how it begins from the players point of view and then working it out from there, which leads to things like "possible leads" the defense finds in court that are almost immediately disregarded and dropped, as well as some asspull-tier reveals
>>
>>345115987
september

digital only :^)
>>
>>345116120
>Because people who play the main games are retards who enjoyed the slop that was JFA and so they pander to their potato brains
>That's a bad thing
I will defend JFA's choice to have almost all it's case not connected to the death.

The AAI do connecting cases well however.
>>
>>345116759
>defending Circus for all

You are a brave man
>>
>>345116024
I'm not sure that's something I necessarily want to see more of, though. I like standalone cases that are good on their own merits, rather than simply being another piece to a puzzle.

I get the appeal, of course, and I do think it's cool that they're able to construct complex plots. But I think too much of it will start to make the games a little stale. Like you know everything before the last case is just build up to some twist. I feel like that would make it more difficult to appreciate those "build up" cases.
>>
File: case 2 killer.png (275 KB, 388x600) Image search: [Google]
case 2 killer.png
275 KB, 388x600
>>345117378
>le epic 2-3 was le shit maymay

Go away
>>
>>345117503
>Implying it wasn't

being contrarian doesn't make you cool summerfriend
>>
>>345113903
> They didn't release Edgeworth 2 in the US

They only have themselves to blame. Once Citra is able to emulate AA5, I'll pirate the shit out of this and that.
>>
5 was a pretty good game, faggots just get mad about it because "muh difficulty" even though all the games are basically fucking interactive stories anyways
>>
>>345113903
you want people to talk about a game that hasn't even come out here yet?

Not everyone thinks that: Reading spoilers/watching gameplay=playing the game
>>
>>345117503
2-3 had a good story, but its cast was horrendously obnoxious and it featured a Franziska who believed that the murderer could fly.
It was a decent case but these two points still make it one of the worst in the series, IMO.
>>
I care, but there's nothing to really talk about until the game comes out.

Also Capcom is alienating a fair amount of the audience who want a physical copy instead of a digital, so that doesn't help.

Also also, there's a chance that some faggot who played the Japanese version will post spoilers, so it's probably best to avoid it.
>>
>>345117378
Big top is pretty mediocre. And drags the whole damn game down a notch(In the sense that's the thing people will talk about most in JFA besides the final case) but still.
>>
File: 1466906133707.jpg (25 KB, 194x305) Image search: [Google]
1466906133707.jpg
25 KB, 194x305
>>345117503
>filename
fuck you
>>
>>345117718
I'm pirating AA6 because Crapcom refuses to give us DGS, so fuck them.
>inb4 HURR PIRATING IS WHY WE DON'T GET GAMES
>>
>>345118029
HURR PIRATING IS WHY WE DON'T GET GAMES
>>
But it hasnt even come out yet in English. Fuck anon, stop being an impatient faggot and shitpost after it actually releases
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.