[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NMS will get boring in a week. No terraforming or building like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: download.jpg (13 KB, 329x153) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13 KB, 329x153
NMS will get boring in a week.
No terraforming or building like Minecraft/terraria (which would fit perfectly into this game) means all there is to do is discover planets. If you have seen 10 of them you have seen em all.
This game is a river that is a mile long but only an inch deep.

I want to turn a planet into a military base, maybe turn some planets into barren wastelands from all the mining, attack other people's bases if I ever come across one. This is the one game that would benefit from building and crafting but nope, just shitty hiking.
>>
k
>>
>>345107032
What are the first thing you're going to do boys when you get in this game.

I'm going to find a waifu and create a biodome of twisted creatures as I set up genetically modified soldiers and make my own pirate fleet to take over the galaxy.
>>
>>345107158
idk no one's told me what you can do in the game
i understand that it's elite dangerous?
>>
>>345107158
Probably just travel the space for a bit.
>>
>>345107032
Meh, it's an indie game, I don't think they could realistically make all that + the procedurally generated universe with their team.

There's others things to do than walking around, you probably know them but pretend you don't, that game tend to rustle a lot of jimmies.
>>
>>345107032
I'm a little hyped because I want this game to be everything that it promises to be, but I'm also cynical after years and years of disappointment. I'm just going to do what I do for every new vidya, wait 'till it's released and see what everyone has to say.

Though, I feel like you're probably right. I really hope you're not, but I'm not letting anything like Spore happen again.
>>
>>345107225
>>345107295
You can do anything in this game, anyone saying otherwise is shitposting. You can make mercenary bands and fleets and you have reputations with factions that are randomly generated and you can have real time wars with them with consequences on a planetary scale.
>>
>>345107158
I'm gonna build a submarine and explore oceans and then make a Death Star and blow up every planet I see.
>>
File: [IRONIC SHITPOSTING].png (59 KB, 679x781) Image search: [Google]
[IRONIC SHITPOSTING].png
59 KB, 679x781
>>
>>345107032
spore 2.0
>>
>>345107410
How the fuck is this game like Spore? I keep seeing the comparison being made. The only thing that is the same is the procedural generation.

You explore and then craft items to help you explore even more. That it.
>>
>>345107516
stop being a cunt
the devs have never said anything out of line but people like you keep going around acting like and setting the dude up to be like the next peter molineaux
>>
>>345107578
Well you can actually make a death star theoretically, digging a hole in the planetary core and fixing a makeship laser for orbital bombardments, but the thing is you have to find a planet without a core, like a moon, or you could maybe use the energy from a planet with the core to make a blast, but it would hurt the planet in the long run.
>>
It'll get boring in 2 hours. It's that bad.

Also, I don't get the appeal of procedurally-generated anything. Why not male your own, well-designee planets instead of generating a massive amount of uninteresting ones? It just doesnt make sense
>>
I actually would've liked if the game had a food meter, think about it, you could either buy food rations at outposts for a modest sum, or hunt weird animals or pick plants to eat, but you'd have to upgrade your technology to see if what you're eating is poisonous to you. Maybe some people would be really into it and search for the most luxurious world where everything is delicious and eating it gives you long-lasting buffs, that would've been cool and still in tune with the other gameplay elements unlike OP's complain. Sure, there's the sentinels stalking you if you kill too much, but they're not everywhere and that'd be part of the fun.
>>
File: 74573.png (220 KB, 414x358) Image search: [Google]
74573.png
220 KB, 414x358
>>345107158
>>345107295
>>345107578
That sounds really boring
>>
>>345108268
For you
>>
It's a nomad style game, they don't want you to settle down on a planet and make a base because they want you to be constantly exploring and finding new ones.

I feel like can fix the downside to this by making the players ship a base though, it wont be in the release but I hope later down the line they make your ship upgradable and expandable so that you can do all sorts on it.
>>
File: Baby-Fark_McGeezax.jpg (18 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
Baby-Fark_McGeezax.jpg
18 KB, 450x373
>>345107032
I think it is going to be like any game, I will play it until I "complete" it, getting to the centre of the universe then move on to another game. only difference with this one is that I will pick it up again when I feel like it and just explore.

>>345107158
>What are the first thing you're going to do boys when you get in this game.
name the planet I start on and first species I find after my PSN name, then collect shit loads of resources on the planet and sell it for space cash.
then I will proceed to name planets and species reputable names until I can't think of any more and then cunt flap everything.
>>
>>345107813
Spore was a huge dissapointment because all the promise fell flat at launch.
People for some reason think its gonna happen again
>>
>>345108452
Sorta like Subnautica, I'd like it too. A ship the size of a small house hanging around in space and a smaller ship for planetary exploration.
>>
File: Untitled2.jpg (921 KB, 1496x998) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.jpg
921 KB, 1496x998
>>345107032
It feels like there will be a lot of grinding and repetitive tasks with little variety, while you wonder in an environment that is nothing like real world(species, colors, structures) isolated from real life and other people. Just like my soul

Actually can we talk about games with a feel of adventure like Mario, castlevania, Zelda etc?

When you play those you are exploring 100% outside reality, even if they're 2d side scroller, but even with real-life graphics of modern games they're only a fraction outside real-life objects and fails to give that same sense of excitement and adventure..

see Pic related
>>
>>345109043
I already played this game in a private dev conference for like 4 hours. In that time I created a farm and got settlers to inhabit it, then I created weather changes using molecules to disrupt the atmosphere, a tornado formed and then killed them all.

It was an amazing experience.
>>
>>345109043
I'm looking forward to NMS I have wanted a universe sized sandbox since I was a kid but I am nowhere near hyped for it like I am for BotW.
that zelda feel of adventure in an open world beats exploring an entire universe.
>>
>>345109462
Wow I didn't know you could do that in Castlevania
>>
>>345109974
I'm talking about no man's sky it's going to be the best game of all time.
>>
>>345110032
You're so full of shit
>>
>>345110186
Wait until you play it and the galaxy is literally at your fingertips. I don't even know how they fit the game on 6 gbs. It feels so massive and there's so much to do. It blew me away.
>>
>>345110326
I smell a shill!
>>
File: 1466295600534.jpg (20 KB, 422x347) Image search: [Google]
1466295600534.jpg
20 KB, 422x347
>>345107032
>This game is a river that is a mile long but only an inch deep.
Welcome to video games circa 2010.
>>
>>345110503
You can literally do anything in this game, create fleets, become a pirate, become a galactic dictator by starving trade routes of supplies until their masses die of starvation and then they submit to your rule. You can even orbitally bombard an entire civilization and end a war right there.

There's crafting, and there genetic engineering where you can create monsters to fight in your battles and create farms to feed your citizens.

Who hype here?
>>
>>345110757
>I'm only pretending to be retarded.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the new trailers
>>
>>345110885
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AVmI73va4g

Here's the newest trailer, it shows everything that I have been saying in it. It's going to be GOAT.
>>
>>345110757
If shills are a real thing this one would be the opposite, a marketing agency with the purpose to flunk the competitor
>>
>>345110953
it have none of what you have said
>>
>>345110757
Alright anon, I'll screencap this just for you. :D
>>
File: 1467669970335.jpg (81 KB, 1116x589) Image search: [Google]
1467669970335.jpg
81 KB, 1116x589
>>345108348
>>
The game is allegedly 6gb. Of course its going to be limited.
>>
>>345111359
You didn't see the pirate fleets? Or the crafting with making your own lifeforms? What are you fucking blind?
>>
>>345110757
Really? I didn't know that
I might buy it then, looks cool
>>
>>345107158
was this an ironic post? because you know you can't even come close to doing any of that in this game right?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.