[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I play this, or should I just play the HD remake?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: REDC.jpg (10 KB, 237x212) Image search: [Google]
REDC.jpg
10 KB, 237x212
Should I play this, or should I just play the HD remake?
>>
>BRAAAAAAP
>>
>>345104947
Start with this game first then the REmake. REmake is different enough that it will feel like a new game even if similar.
>>
>>345106212
excuse you
>>
>>345104947
Definitely REmake. The PS1 version has aged like a corpse in a dungeon.
>>
>>345104947
Play the nintendo DS version.
>>
>>345106385
>has aged like a corpse in a dungeon

Okay I laughed. Haven't seen someone say it in this way yet.
>>
>>345106325
Sorry, I was in the basement
>>
>>345104947
*flicks cigarette ash on ground*

*takes a long drag*

Play whatever you want, man. Doesn't matter anyways..

*exhales smoke in your face*
>>
>>345104947
Try the original. Try the director's cut for Basement music. Actually play REmake.
>>
File: residentevil1-2.jpg (30 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
residentevil1-2.jpg
30 KB, 540x405
>tfw genuinely love the original more than the remake

It's not the same, man. The asthetic, the amazing music, the gore, the courtyard dog whining, that dog you accidentally let in, the jump scares for the first time, when you have no idea what the fuck you're doing with the shotgun trap and you get splatted, when you play advanced and you realise "holy shit these zombies run" and they do 8/10 damage, that fucking snake, BIG FUCKING SPIDER, that corny ass dialogue that was funny and not just painfully average like remake, barry and his square magnum

STOP IT, DON'T OPEN THAT DOOR
>>
>>345104947
Ignore the HD version. What you want is either the gamecube or wii version.
>>
>>345108721
You aren't the only one man. It's my favorite voice acting in a game because of how memorable it was. I do like it better than REmake as well. REmake still did some cool things though and was full of neat surprises.
>>
>>345108721
BUT CHRIS IS-!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0RHVqEyLGM

BIOHAZARD
>>
>>345104947
Play the original first, then play the remake. Stay the fuck away from the Dual Shock version.
>>
>>345104947
Play both honestly.

You can't really appreciate how fucking amazing a remake REmake is unless you've played the original game. REmake is, to this day since releasing on the GC, the gold standard for "remastering" older games.
>>
>>345108721
RE1 definitely has a special place in my heart simply because of the VA. Man it would have been great if REmake had the option of using the old VA lines.

JILL, IT MIGHT BE HANDY IF YOU, THE MASTER OF UNLOCKING, TAKE IT WITH YOU

IT'S REALLY POWERFUL, ESPECIALLY AGAINST LIVING THINGS
>>
>>345104947
They are similiar enough to spoil stuff so you want to play the better game first which is HD remake.
>>
>>345106385
The tuba music on the directors cut...
>>
>>345106212
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q
>>
>>345104947
>Dual Shock version of Director's Cut
Play the non-DS ver. of Director's Cut
>>
DON'T OPEN THAT DOOR!
>>
Can someone tell me why the music in the Director's Cut is so fucking awful? Arrange mode is a lot better than the original mode, so the DC has value, but the music is just god awful. Didn't the composer get exposed as a hack or something like that?
>>
>>345104947
It has soundtrack composed by a guy who was deaf. what di you think?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.