[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games where the first in the series was actually the best in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: latest.jpg (54 KB, 499x388) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
54 KB, 499x388
Games where the first in the series was actually the best in the series.
>>
Jak and Daxter
God of War
Halo
Dragon Age
Banjo-Kazooie
Mass Effect
Perfect Dark
Pokemon
>>
>>345102371
Fallout 2 was better
>>
deus ex

>inb4 Witcher
>>
Doom
Quake
Deus Ex
X-Com
>>
>>345104856
Nope
>>
>>345102371
Dark Souls
Note: In the Dark Souls series, not the Souls series, in which Bloodborne is the best one.
>>
File: Deadrising_boxart.jpg (54 KB, 256x365) Image search: [Google]
Deadrising_boxart.jpg
54 KB, 256x365
>>
>>345105328
yep
more than double the content all around
better quests
more options in every quest
more equipment
better companions with better AI
the only thing F1 has over F2 is a slightly better story
>>
>>345105207
>Quake
>better than Quake 2
>better than Quake 3
Otherwise you are correct.
>>
>>345104856
Too unfocused, too many cultural references (would be considered a meme game if released today), worse main villain.

Gameplay was tighter, I'll give you that, but Fallout 1 was better overall.
>>
>>345105413
>Dark Souls

My favorite game of all time.
>>
Diablo
>>
sorry but F2 is better
>>
STALKER
>>
>>345102371
FarCry
>>
>>345102371
Star Wars Battlefront
Destroy All Humans
Dead Space
>>
>>345104856
it was
>>
>>345104856
The whole "Actually Merican Government(Enclave) knew the whole nuclear war deal and actively worked towards it" thing fucked up the whole "horrible devastation of nuclear war" theme.
First one was more open handed where you really gone out and find a world ravaged by nuclear war.
Second one kinda forced that "conspiracy" lore and fucked the whole wasteland thing.
>>
>>345103430
>Pokemon
Come the fuck on. Gen 1 is shit compared to newer games. Even people who hate everything from Gen 3 on should admit that Gen 2 is vastly superior to 1.
>>
>>345106471
Fallout 2 is also much sloppier and unfocused, couldn't finish it. Fallout 1 on the other hand is one of my favorite games.
>>
>>345106554
this
crystal best pokemon
>>
>>345106554
at least fire red and leaf green are objectively superior to gen 1
>>
>>345106248
I thought Far Cry 3 was better than 1. There's very little redeeming about FC1, excepting the fact that the graphics were very top notch for the time.
>>
File: Demon's_Souls_Cover[1].jpg (104 KB, 256x295) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls_Cover[1].jpg
104 KB, 256x295
>>
>>345106148
Was coming in here to post this. There's something impressive about the atmosphere in SoC that CoP didn't manage to recapture, although CoP is still fantastically solid in its own right.
>>
>>345106574
I couldn't either. The game was very sloppy.
>>
>>345106698
bloodborne is just a little bit better, dark souls is better in some ways but much sloppier
>>
>>345106668
>>345106248
I thought Far Cry 2 was better than 3. There's very little redeeming about FC3, excepting the fact that the graphics were very top notch for the time.
>>
>>345106668
Farcry 1 was fun as fuck, trigens with arm rocket launchers, the vehicles. NO towers to constantly climb and activate, the guns felt better imo.
Scouting out the areas with your binocs before you head on out, which put them on your mini map. The variety of places on the island. It leads you up to fight a Breen type character before finding out that your supporting guy has done a Frank Fontaine on you.

The battle against the helicopter on the ship is one of the highlights.

I couldn't play past Farcry3 past the first hour. I don't like the crafting or all the mini sidequest bullshit that ubisoft puts you through in all their games. I found the guns dull and attacking enemy bases felt more like a chore than an adventure.
>>
>>345107036
nothing in the history of games comes close to des
>>
>>345107457
really? I love DeS but I like Bloodborne better and Dark Souls is definitely better until the last half.

DeS is fucking great but has a shitty healing system, lack of armor/weapon variety, and a shitty upgrade system. If it were re-released in 1080p 60fps with tower knight armor, penetrator armor, and other new armor sets and weaponry along with the sixth archstone it might be the best one.
>>
>>345108032
>anything in the history of man coming close to stumbling around boletaria for the first time

''no''
>>
>>345108126
>being this nostalgia-biased
>>
>>345108598
nostalgia or not I'm still right baby ;)
>>
Dungeon Keeper
>>
>>345106574
>Fallout 1
>Not the sloppiest, most unfocused, buggy, broken piece of trash compared to 2
Literally tried to play the game 3 seperate times.
Got half way through.
First two times got game breaking bugs.
Last time the companion AI made a battle I was at completely unwinnable and had to start from an earlier save.
Then another game breaking bug.
Seriously, fuck Fallout 1, even with the fucking patches.
>>
>>345109010
I didn't experience a single bug in my playthrough
>>
>>345105561
>/v/ is now so contrarian that it claims Quake 2 is better than Quake 1
>>
Fallout 2 was better. Much more content and far less linear
>>
>>345109552
and more wacky pop culture references
and worse characters
and worse quests
and less depth to the moral questions posed
>>
>>345104856
My only problem with 2, and it's a big one, is the fact that there are more enemies in the fights and that makes them drag on too fucking long.

>inb4 just run away
>>
>>345109961
Just waiting for the enemies' turn to be finished can be arduous
>>
>>345105561
Quake is better than Quake 2 and Arena. Multiplayer is a different story
>>
>>345103430

>Banjo-Kazooie

Muh simple worlds.

People just didn't like how much they had to explore tooie's world.
>>
>>345107316
Press x to not malaria.
Guns are shit unless you keep heading back to base, to grab the guns unlocked by the same convoy missions over and and over again. I mean Farcry 3's guns were dull but at least you could tell they were working compared to the peashooters of 2.
Not to mention being constantly rammed off the road by the magically appearing cars.

The only good thing about Farcry2 was the health bar and the boats and the map making.

Missions were boring and gave little feeling of accomplishment.
The fire was more annoying than anything despite the fact it was supposed to be a highlight.
I cannot remember any of the characters besides the old buddy and the guy on the sofa who gives you your first couple of missions.

Farcry 2 problem was good ideas poorly done.
Farcry 3's problem was that it was filled to the brim with ubisoft fluff, it had no substance.
Far Cry's problem is the shit port on steam.
>>
>>345109961
Crank up combat speed
>>
>>345112764
It still takes a lifetime to complete the enemy turn at full speed.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.