[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tanabe is at it again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Mr. Outsider.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1428) Image search: [Google]
Mr. Outsider.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1428
>Tanabe: "The chibi isn't a permanent style, we wanted comfortable visuals for the first-person gameplay on the 3DS. The story of FF regardless is building up for an upcoming Prime NX game about Sylux and the expansion of the Metroid universe...and the Blast Ball will stay as a staple tutorial element for the new players."

>Tanabe: "However, Chibi-Robo is dead and Paper Mario will be getting more boring action-adventure games and Toads, so don't look forward for old school Paper Mario games outside possible remasters.

>Tanabe: "Now will you excuse me, I have to shit out more MvDK games with NST and prepare for the NX. And please stay forward for Retro's new non-DK/non-Metroid project at E3."
how do we stop Tanabe's reign of terror on Nintendo games?
>>
>>345098012
>implying Federation Force Blast Ball isn't going to be GOTY
>>
File: 1446170062371.jpg (39 KB, 349x445) Image search: [Google]
1446170062371.jpg
39 KB, 349x445
>>345098307
just like Other M and SFZ, right?
>>
>The chibi isn't a permanent style, we wanted comfortable visuals for the first-person gameplay on the 3DS

Translation: the 3DS' low resolution hobbles any standard of graphics that isn't pixelart or SD models, and hardly anyone seems inclined to produce pixelart games on the 3DS.

Can't wait for the successor to the 3DS to finally catch up with the PSP.
>>
>>345098526
reminder that Miyamoto was the reason the 3D existed for 3DS

and he fought everyone at Nintendo to implement it.

without it, there wouldn't be cost problem to shit out a DS that's nearly strong as the XB360 Elite. (or N3DS but early)
>>
>>345098526
The 3DS can manage some pretty nice graphics. He's full of shit.
>MH:Generations
>FF:Explorers
>FE:Fates
>Zelda OoT & MM
Of course nothing too amazing but the capacities are there.
>>
>>345098012
>The chibi isn't a permanent style, we wanted comfortable visuals for the first-person gameplay on the 3DS.

Strange it wasn't an issue with Hunters on the DS. Hell, the DS originally came with a Hunters demo to hype what the hardware was capable of.
>>
File: MiyamotoAonumaSakuraiMiyamoto.png (880 KB, 1244x730) Image search: [Google]
MiyamotoAonumaSakuraiMiyamoto.png
880 KB, 1244x730
>>345098797
Miyamoto really needs to go. He already ruined a ton of shit like Peach being a dumb blonde princess and Wii Music.
>>
>>345099156
Peach has always been a brainless moron.
>>
>>345099075
aside the multiplayer, Hunters wasn't really a good Metroid Prime game.

especially the single player
>each planet is basically just 4-5 rooms to search for
>>
>>345099235
the thing that Miyamoto wants to keep it that way, easily fall for cake and get kidnap by the koopalings.

meanwhile in Mario RPGs, she's literally the one calling all the shots.
>>
>>345098797

That makes me hate miyamoto even more. Nobody fucking uses 3D, it just drives the price of the 3DS up. He needs to fuck off already, just like iwata.
>>
>>345099156
About Aonuma's quote on the game pad, I think it could work well for maps an inventory management, since you usually won't be in a hurry when using those, but requiring players to switch between the two in Star Fox was a terrible idea.
>>
>>345099696
WWHD did the Gamepad right

you can use it for inventory purposes
>>
>>345099156
I respect Miyamoto for all he did back in the day but he is just an outclassed old man at this point. Just let the new talent do what they're supposed to: take over for you.
>>
>>345100118
i like to see Tezuka and Koizumi to take over for Miyamoto
>>
>>345099156
When you look at interviews with Sakurai you think he's the most based game developer in the world but then he does some absolutely retarded shit in Smash. Funnily enough, none of the stupid shit makes in into the Kirby games.
There's someone at Nintendo who always influences Sakurai and destroys new Smash titles.
>>
>>345101874
it's the "Kid Icarus: Uprising is shit" episode
>>
>>345102113
And here I thought I'd get an actual reply.
I only played that game once and thought it was okay but nothing special. And it's only one game with heavily experimental gameplay anyways, so it's an exception to begin with.
>>
>>345098012
Source?
>>
>>345098012
nintendo will never make another aaa single player console game that isnt zelda or mario ever again.
>>
>>345102278
if you aren't retarded, it's a TL;DR of all the stuff Tanabe was involved in and interviewed.
>>
>>345101874
Sakurai doesn't work on Kirby anymore. Him fucking up smash with his retarded shit is all on him.
>>
>>345101874
I don't think he works on Kirby anymore since Air Ride. Maybe that's why the latest Kirby games have actually been pretty solid
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.