[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate Evolve F2P out of 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 14
File: evolve f2p.jpg (415 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
evolve f2p.jpg
415 KB, 1920x1080
Rate Evolve F2P out of 10
>>
I only log in for the daily rewards/10
>>
F2/10P
>>
It's actually really fun.

Grinding for ingame currency isnt that bad, atleast early-mid game. I'd say give it a shot and ignore these butthurt consolefags that got abandoned.
>>
Can you deactivate the dome yourself or did I play with cheaters? I had a match where every dome came down in about 10 seconds without anyone dying or even taking a hit.
>>
>>345087787
Everyone can disable it
>>
>>345087856
I guess they were just shitters then.
>>
>>345086540
I find it quite enjoyable when you have a decent team and aren't playing hide and seek the entire match
7/10 at best for me, maybe higher if they add more content after that beta
>>
>shit on this game non stop ever since it released
>play it
>having genuine fun

7/10
>>
File: 1467827292922.jpg (35 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
1467827292922.jpg
35 KB, 570x570
As an exclusively monster player, I feel as though the game is as fun as it ever was, but I do miss being able to stealth. It's possible to get to stage 2 without being found, but you really don't have any time to stop and try to throw the hunters off your tail with deliberately misleading footprints, sneaking or blending into the environment like before with the planet scanner going off every 30 seconds.

Also pro-tip for hunters: Don't blow your load and pop the dome as soon as you're alone with the monster even though the rest of your team's trailing 10 miles behind you. I've legit had nearly 10 games over the past couple of days that ended before the 5 minute mark because some retard got mauled on his own without his team.
>>
>>345086540
4/10

Maybe I dont understand this game or it is because I mainly played Assault but to me it seems like running around the whole round without anything happening just to dome the monster 2 times and constantly fire at him, either you win in those 1-3 fights or the game is over and you lose. I dont see how you could even improve as Assault it seems like such a braindead class you just run around behind your other, faster, teammates and shoot the monster, who has a huge hitbox, in the face. and even if you do that almost perfectly it's still a 50/50 it seems.
>>
>>345088460
Tell me how to win as a monster, senpai.
I always get my ass handled to myself.
>>
7/10

I was in the closed alpha from like 2 years ago and I didn't really enjoy it then. Got the free one the other day and actually having alot of fun. The mech-suit for the assault class is fucking OP.
>>
>>345088460
>monster is stage 2 or 3 and obviously wants the engagement
>some retard pops the dome immediately
>finally get to hurting the monster, dome already burned down
>can only get in a little damage before the dome goes down
>monster can run and reapply his armor
Fucking hell faggots, only dome when the monster wants to get away
>>
>>345086540
I'm having a fair bit of fun fucking around in it with friends. Playing a trapper is pretty fun, I have to admit.
>>
>>345088776
>choose Kraken
>max out feeding, ability cooldown and armor regen/damage reduction perks
>only use lightning, banshee mines and vortex
>rain death from the sky
>win

I have two losses on my record out of nearly 30 games played, and 1 is because the game froze and I had to alt-F4 when the match was starting.
>>
>>345088591
playing as hunters is a team game, you can't just sit there shooting the monster as assault. you need to communicate and position properly. you see a goliath chucking a rock at your medic? swoop in and eat that shit.

P.S. you're not slower than anyone else on your team.
>>
>>345089248
So I have to grind it first.
Makes sense. I'm still stuck with meteor goliath.
But I'll keep grinding.
>>
Playing as monster, it's a 10/10. Beating the shit out of Hunters is so satisfying and it feels great to sneak around the map and trick Hunters in to going the wrong way. Playing Monster in this game is some of the most fun I've ever had in a game.

Hunter is about a 7/10. It can be really fun, but it depends on your team. If you have idiots, it's frustrating and the game ends in 5 minutes.
>>
>>345089612
How much butthurt is there after you kick their asses as a monster? I approach games like these expecting the online community to be a pile of shit.
>>
I feel it's waaay to slowly paced, and I'm not referring to the hunting which is probably the more intense part of the game.
But combat is so ridiculously uninteresting because the monster is usually slow as fuck, and to compensate for the fact that you cannot tangibly miss it, it just has mountains of armor and health to extend combat.

Monster should be a lot faster and basically instantly kill hunters if it gets close, but it should also die in like 10 seconds if under fire from all the hunters. Make the movement and gunplay a lot more skill-based instead of feeling like an MMO boss hp sponge.

I'm not saying it's unbalanced as it is right now. I just think the pacing in a fight is too slow to be enjoyable.
>>
File: 20160709151340_1.jpg (358 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160709151340_1.jpg
358 KB, 1920x1080
this is where the fun ends
>>
>>345088776

Stealth is a lot less viable this time around unless you are the Gorgon. Use your traversal at the start to get as far away from the spawn as possible. Don't even worry about killing wildlife on your way there. If you can manage to snag a few small camps, then go for it, but otherwise just haul ass. Being mobile is a lot more important now so don't be afraid to spam your traversal or abilities to move around. The only time stealth is good is at the start of the match (after you ran to the edge of the map) and the Hunters are looking for you. Once they find you, which will be quickly due to the planet scanner, trying to shake them and going back to stealth is not an option.
>>
What was it that made the initial release of Evolve so bad, anyway?
>>
>>345090042
abysmal matchmaking, terrible balancing, team dependency on trapper was way too high.
>>
>>345089710

I almost never see people get upset after I win as Monster. The community is actually pretty good.
>>
>>345090225
Really? I'm surprised to hear that. I've pretty much been playing exclusively with friends, but I think I'll try playing with some randoms too, now.
>>
>>345090000
That's helpful. I'll try to get better.
Nice quads btw.
>>
File: 1436602652156.jpg (11 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
1436602652156.jpg
11 KB, 544x400
The balancing is still terrible, so you can clearly see why it went F2P.
Pretty shitty/10
>>
>>345091106
Who needs nerfing?
>>
File: ye.png (20 KB, 324x77) Image search: [Google]
ye.png
20 KB, 324x77
Hunters need to git gud vs Kraken
>>
>>345086580
Literally me
>>
>me playing as the monster is just a pain in the ass.
>>
>>345086580
Cant wait to get Hyde m8
>>
The game is alright, but the monster only ever stands a chance against noobs. It's basically impossible to win against an organised team on voice chat.
>>
File: 20160713230823_1.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160713230823_1.jpg
399 KB, 1920x1080
>He doesn't main crow
>>
File: 1462439811975.jpg (289 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462439811975.jpg
289 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw you wreck the other team so hard as Kraken that you just leave one alive in the last round and spend the rest of the time moonwalking around in their face not attacking waiting for the others to spawn again for more kills
>>
All the characters are pretty shit except the default ones. Maybe one or two are better.

Voice acting and dialogue are fucking terrible,

Wraith is OP and you must be a fucking faggot to go that monster and think you're amazing
>>
File: rex.jpg (323 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rex.jpg
323 KB, 1920x1080
>>345093951

Kraken ftw
>>
>>345093667

That'd be tight if a monster had an ability that "disrupted comms" and disabled voice chat for a short time
>>
With friends: 8/10
Without friends: 5.5/10

If your medic is retarded, you might as well GG
>>
>>345089858
HOW are you doing that...

I bought elder Kraken and it feels sooo shit compared to regular Kraken.

Most of the time your running around chasing assult with benny hill playing while medic revives anyone that dies to your AOEs.
>>
i don't really see the difference when i use the upgrades.
I used a "100% jump height' but it looks the same.
>>
File: 1451045820005.jpg (94 KB, 528x794) Image search: [Google]
1451045820005.jpg
94 KB, 528x794
>playing Hunters
>ever
>>
om y ghosh free video games
>>
>>345090042
>>345090150
+billion shit game modes diluting the dwindling playerbase
>>
>>345097020
They need a humans vs humans mode, and 5 way FFA monster brawl.
>>
>>345097020
The mini campaigns with randomised weather/level conditions were pretty cool, but the gametypes in them mostly sucked balls. Especially the one where you had to defend your nests as a monster.
>>
Any reason why almost nobody I play with has monster as pref?
I thought it would be a long wait till it's finally your turn, yet I get to play monster every game.
Not complaining though, shit's fun.
>>
>>345096347
>>345093951
Deciding on what to spend my first hard earned shekels on, kraken or elder?
>>
>>345097561
I occasionally come into lobbies with one other player with a monster preference. I usually get it, but if I don't I just leave the lobby. I don't give a shit about playing as the hunters.
>>345097716
I prefer regular Kraken, but it's more down to your playstyle. If you want to rain death from above and generally dodge/keep your distance from the hunters, go with Kraken. If you want to get up in their faces, go Elder
>>
>>345086540
7-8/10, pretty fucking good. Not 60 dollars good though
>>
Boring. The hunt part is just boring and seems like padding since it's literally just walking around for 10 minutes. The fights aren't that good either. Finding and starting a game takes so fucking long too and the intro cinematics are just another provocation when you've already waited 15 for the game to start.
>>
>>345099172
>the intro cinematics are just another provocation when you've already waited 15 for the game to start.
They're there so you don't have to stare at a loading screen while the monster gets time to run away.
Agree with your points though, only fun part is playing monster.
>>
>>345088776
>meatier goliath
Start with all 4 abilities, if say max dash, then rock, then up slam once. You will utterly shit out damage. Focus support first and if its stage one just stall doing damage to get the dome down. Run away along the edge of the map since your mobility trashes theirs. Try picking up food as you run. Fear nothing should you reach stage 3, you are now their god and devil.
>>
File: 1431366895874.jpg (15 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1431366895874.jpg
15 KB, 300x186
>>345100246
>meatier
>>
>>345088776

For beginners, go Goliath and pump 2 points into leap and 2 points into dash for maximum fast.

At stage 1 just run like hell and feed where you can. When you get domed, try to get medic or support down before your shield runs out to shorten dome time and make it easier in the future to kill them. Bolt out immediately when dome ends.

At stage 2 pump 3 points into rock throw. Now you can seriously start to kill people with it when domed. Still, get out when dome ends to recharge shield and eat for stage 3.

If you get to stage 3, congrats you win.
>>
>>345086540
My friends who i played left4dead with want to play it but i dont really want to. Guess ill try it out. I already know this wont last. Just that its free doesnt mean its good. Fuck it.
>>
Don't you still have to pay to get basically anything in the game?
>>
>>345101860
You use in-game currency in the form of silver coins. Currently the only way to earn the coins is to complete matches and challenges. You're given like 30,000 of them immediately if you owned the game before the F2P update
>>
>>345097716

Guy you asked here, you can do what I did and just get a key off of g2a for 15$ that unlocks pretty much everything and gives 30k keys, enjoy mate
>>
>>345101754

Well I mean they changed a lot for the f2p release, so you never know
>>
>>345093821
GOBI
>>
File: DADW.png (3 MB, 1919x960) Image search: [Google]
DADW.png
3 MB, 1919x960
>>345086540
It's a good game, certainly not the best, but a pretty good game.
The only reason it flopped was because of the retarded greedy pricing.
It should be lesson to these AAA fucks, higher cost =/= success no matter how good the game, but they never fucking learn.
>>
>>345089858
It's really easy to do in normal matches, I had 50 games won and 5 lost due to game crashes as meteor.
>>
Tracking the monster was kinda fun,but without enough depth completely pointless.

Running away as the monster felt a bit braindead and too easy. Jump across the entire, eating two things and the hunters will still be on the other side of the map. Haven't lost as monster.

BORING AS FUCK to fight as the monster. Literally just cooldowns and target prioritization. Felt like a really shitty mmo combat stuff except there isn't the complexity of it being your team vs their team.

At least as a hunter you get to aim at something and coordinate.

I wish they would have focused less on shitty cooldown based combat and made the actual finding the monster part more complicated. Perhaps something more lethal. Imagine a monster that would blend on a tree and then leap at you and fuck your day and then leap away.

The longer its able to feed and evolve the better it'll be able to get multiple kills instead of being so fragile it has to escape super early on. Something more visceral, sneaky and lethal.
>>
8/10

Base game was already good. They removed a shitton of things but hopefully they'll comeback. They wouldn't have worked in the F2P model since base game was 50 gb and this one is 20gb.

Still fun. Changes that were made does have a logic purpose, albeit a bit off right now and needs tweaking.
>>
>>345086540
10/10

I just have fun
and because it's F2P, you can't denie that it deserves a 10/10

And don't forget, they will add much more maps, modes, hunters and monsters
>>
>>345108210
>and because it's F2P, you can't denie that it deserves a 10/10
$1.00 has been deposited into your bank account
>>
File: behemoth-725x453.png (173 KB, 725x453) Image search: [Google]
behemoth-725x453.png
173 KB, 725x453
Anyone know how Behemoth is going to get reworked?
>>
>>345106828
Before it was F2P I played against VERY competent Hunters and it was heart pounding for both.

Armor went down like paper tissue back then. In Stage 1 it was impossible to fight off the Hunters and win if they were competent. You were the prey.

Your priority was to eat and evolve as fast as possible to Stage 2 and 3. Since health can't be regenerated, and armor was almost a joke, the only way to fight is picking stranded people.
>>
>>345109597
I think its mostly bug fixes

Hopefully they fix the shitty Wall ability
>>
>>345086540
ehhh good for now
having some good time, idk how much it will last for me though
>>
>>345093821
Dat armor ignore is pretty sweet
>>
>>345091203
Hunters. A decent medic and assault will kill the best monsters.
>>
who are the best hunters for each class?
>>
>>345115360
Parnell, Slim/EMET, maggie/waggie/Jack, Cabot/Kala/tech hank.
Would I lie to you?
>>
>>345086540
5/10
+Fun while playing with good people.
- Crap ton waiting time
- Constant connection problems
- Noobs will ruin your games
>>
>>345086540
A solid 7. Loses what made Left4Dead fun when every game is 10 minutes long and finding the monster isn't hard. I never played the the game that came out a year ago but I bet it was better. Finding and fighting the monster is really anticlimactic from what I experienced. Also I killed three of the niggas on the opposing team once and then chased down the last one and they all came back. wtf was up with that.
>>
>>345086540
wraith op otherwise cool
>>
Wraith is bullshit as all getout, and people playing monster are realizing it and just edging towards unlocking wraith so they never have the chance to lose.

Seriously, who the fuck thought it was a good idea to give a monster abilities that barely need to cooldown and just do their fucking shit independant of the player.
>>
>>345109597
I'm mostly saving my currency in the event that behemoth is gonna be expensive as fuck.
>>
>>345115995
yes. you would be lying to him.
>>
>>345118953
I think Gorgon is 6500
Behemoth will probably be the same
>>
>>345120435
wraith is 9500 though. go to the store and look at all the monsters. their pricing is inconsistent as fuck.
>>
>>345115360
For me:
Hyde
Lazarus/Rouge Val
Sunny/Tech Hank (Depends on monster and medic though)
Abe/Griffin
>>
File: Misato.png (262 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
Misato.png
262 KB, 640x464
>pre-ordered Evolve for €30 off a Brazilian CD key site at launch
>got Behemoth
>have been pissing away my founders dosh on skins and perks because I only had to unlock Gorgon
>mfw
>>
>/v/ suddenly likes evolve
What went _____
>>
>monsterfags think they are good because they win as monster
The game is in favor of the monster when you play public.
The hunters have 4 people and when someone fucks up, which happens often in public, you'll win most likely.
>>
It's still a bit of a yawnfest, at least in pub. i've tried it, but that's it.
>>
>>345121062
You say that as if organised teams are incapable of fucking up too.

I went up against one earlier, I was in stage 2 and down to my last 2 bars of life, convinced it was the end, and one of the faggots was so overeager to get ahead of the rest and finish me off that I trapped him underneath a ridge and killed him before the rest of his team could catch up. The rest of the team crumbled as a result and I narrowly took the win.
>>
Wraith is broken OP with that constant clone and darting around.
>>
>>345121484
pick emet and pick your domes. if you get good domes then the wraith doesnt stand a fucking chance. stop letting her dictate the battleground.
>>
>>345120897
It went free

Seriously though, it should have been this from day one and now TRS has to deal with the shit-show of transitioning from one of last year's more egregious priced game to F2P.

At least they took the time from the paid game to figure out what was good and bad about the core game and overhaul it before this change.
Now they just have to keep the player-base alive, monetize the game again and keep the "Founders" happy (as if, we all got cucked and had to yell at the developers just to get 30k garbage-dollars thrown our way)
>>
>>345115360
Best assaults:
Blitz Markov
Lennox
Regular Markov
Ignore others, don't fall into the hyde trap, literally all he has is a cockney accent

Best Trapper:
Griffin (If you can git gud with the harpoon)
Abe (If you can't or the monster knows the immediately break it. Also bot monsters will INSTANTLY break the harpoon)
Ignore the others. Crow has some armor piercing stuff but it does too little damage to matter.

Best Supports:
Hank, by FAR is the best
Tech Hank second runner up but still miles behind
Sunny for infinite jetpack shenanigans
Bucket if you abuse acidic rounds since they work with your turrets allowing you to melt armor quick
Ignore the others. Cabots damage amp is nice but he just doesn't have enough compared to the others.

Best Medics:
Val
Rogue Val. Both Vals are about equal in the top spot, rogue val focuses more on AOE healing than single target.
Emet (If you aren't a shitter and put your beacons in good places)
Caira (If you can aim grenades)
Ignore the others. Lazarus is a noob trap now that they removed his ability to revive without marks making him worthless, Slim has been nerfed countless times and requires you to be in danger to heal.
>>
>>345121582
>implying you can even catch the wraith
>>
it's f2p? Nice
I might play it again. I haven't since the beta
>>
>>345121903
>Also bot monsters will INSTANTLY break the harpoon
Fuck the AI monster so much. It's pure bullshit how much better it is at dealing with the harpoon compared to the players. It instantly notices, smacks the beam, does a 360 and walks away.
>>
>>345124429
Yep.

The AI monster plays better than most player monsters. It WILL pick one target to focus, and will NOT be peeled off of him, no matter what.

But what the AI lacks is the animation cancelling bullshit that players do, and is, for some reason, unable to quickly gain distance from players via juking and transversal spamming. It won't use abilities like leap or charge to gain distance either.

In other words, the AI is much easier to catch than a player, but harder to actually fight in almost all cases.
>>
7/10

Needs to get more maps.
Needs to iron out the hundreds of bugs that plague the game. Pretty fucking sick of the game crashing randomly or getting stuck in matchmaking menus with no way out other than closing the game.
>>
>>345125132
Was the game this buggy before going F2P, because no wonder everyone gave up on it if you paid 60 dollars for THIS experience, it's got worse matchmaking issues than Umbrella Corps.
>>
>>345125132

They don't need to fix bugs, you just need to get rid of your shit AMD system. That's what's causing the issues
>>
File: 1463709492032.png (897 KB, 838x910) Image search: [Google]
1463709492032.png
897 KB, 838x910
I just had the best finish to a match I'll ever have

>pick mah boy Kraken
>the skies are never safe
>get halfway up stage 3 before I'm spotted
>Hunters dome me in a cave
>plaster their insides all over the wall
>Torvald thinks he's getting out of there to wait until the rest of his team spans in
>runs right into the patch of a feral monster
>the monster eats him for 20 seconds straight as he calls out to his dead teammates for help
>I just crouch in front of the monster and his lifebar drains and cackle maniacally down the mic as he dies
>MONSTER WINS
>mfw
>>
>>345086540
6/10

Being a hunter is boring as fuck
>>
>>345122438
>this scrub cant catch the wraith

if you were complaining about gorgon then yeah, i get it but you cant catch the wraith? lmao.
>>
>>345129883
Wraith can outrun hunters pretty fucking easily, you must have never played against anything but shitty wraiths if you've never seen it in action.
>>
>>345130029
you must be really shitty at cutting the wraith off. the only monster i have a problem catching is gorgon.
>>
>>345130029
yeah cut him off and get fucked while you're away from your team
>>
>>345130497
meant for
>>345130139
>>
>>345130497
>not having your team near you

do you spend ALL of you jetpack fuel chasing a monster? cause it sounds like you do. stop that.
>>
>>345130629
Considering how wraith or gorgon can blitz around the map, you need to spread out at times to properly cut them off, which fucking sucks, because even with all the jetpack fuel int he world isn't gonna make the 15 seconds or more it will take to reach wherever the other teammate who just caught the monster at any faster to reach.
>>
>>345130878
dont spread out in pairs of 1. go in twos. when you throw the dome it becomes avoiding damage and having a good position. the gorgon can fly around the map too fast. the wraith doesnt even come close. wraith isnt hard to catch. you just need to get good.
>>
>>345131102
Again, you've never played against a wraith purposely running, not that it needs to considering it's the most busted thing in the game currently.
>>
>>345131561
i have. the most common monster i've fought is wraith. whats your account level? <15 right? the wraith is one of the worst monsters. you just need to get familiar with the maps and actually cut it off. quit complaining that a monster is OP when your dumb ass cant do the most basic of formations.
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.