[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever actually beaten this game to completion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: file.png (252 KB, 640x476) Image search: [Google]
file.png
252 KB, 640x476
Have you ever actually beaten this game to completion?
>>
Meaning what exactly?
>>
>>345073439
Still can't beat my original copy thanks to no continues. At least Ninja Gaiden has the decency to restart the level and not the game
>>
>>345073439
of course, it's pretty easy
>>
you don't have to "complete " a game to enjoy it retard
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 1600x1102) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 1600x1102
I have beaten it before but doing so now would take longer than I'd like to admit.
>>
I'm too lazy, I always use the warp pipes, and beat it within 5 or less minutes.
>>
>>345073725
There's a continue. But like a lot of early 8-bit console games, you access it with a button combination, since it was still a fairly new concept. I think you hold A and press start or something.
>>
>>345073663
Played and beaten all 32 levels in sequence.
>>
only the All-Stars version
>>
I think I did like once or twice. i'd normally use warp pipes tho
>>
yes but not in the last 20 years so maybe its time.

shame I only have a 360 controller.
>>
File: 1467316144927.png (737 KB, 927x843) Image search: [Google]
1467316144927.png
737 KB, 927x843
if you use the 1-2 warp, you a bitch
>>
>>345073439
Many many times. For a while it was the only cart I owned for the system. At least it also had Duck Hunt on it.
>>
Yea, it's the first game I played despite being 23.
>>
Yes. With game genie.
>>
Beat it both with warps and without.
>>
no, the levels with hammer bros are too hard
>>
>>345073439
Yes, but only if I used warps.
>>
Yes
It's not that hard if you have good reaction time
>>
I've beaten it without pressing A.
>>
>>345073439
I only got to play it when I went to my Grandpa's house so I didn't get to practice much. I'm 20 years old, and I never ended up beating it. I made it to Bowser in the final castle once.
>>
I always get bored around world 4 and quit. Honestly it's not a very good game
>>
>>345074725
but first
>>
>>345074793
yeah. super mother fucking mario bros is not a very good game
>>
>>345074978
y
>>
>>345074978
the original one is a little jank
>>
>>345073439
No. And it's the first video game I've ever played too.

And I'm an expert at every other Mario game except Lost Levels.

It's my secret shame
>>
File: SMBDX_Title_Screen.png (4 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
SMBDX_Title_Screen.png
4 KB, 160x144
Yup, I'm glad you asked! I got the gameboy SMB deluxe version on virtual console for my 3DS recently, and I've been having a nostalgic blast with it.

It's awesome how there's not only the original quest, but also boo races, level selection with new score challenges and collectable redcoins/yoshieggs, and even an unlockable port of lost levels if you get a high enough score. Totally awesome game even now!

And I do have to say, it's really not as easy as it seems. Nowadays mario games you got a ton of powerups and savepoints as you traverse through levels, but the old arcade style of the NES was to try and beat all levels from 1-1 to 8-4 (pls don't skip levels that's lame) in one go without getting game over, and that's really quite a challenge. Worlds 7 and 8 in particular stand out cause you got koopas, bullet bills, and hammer bros all over the place and unlike future mario games, you can't get the extra height off killing em to safely bounce across; timing is important.

I highly recommend giving a 1-1 to 8-4 run of the original SMB a try, no continues! Just straight up 32 levels of classic platforming goodness, and maybe even go for a high score!
>>
>>345075317
I want to love this version so bad but the tiny field of view and vertical scrolling just kill it for me
>>
>>345075317
>an unlockable port of lost levels if you get a high enough score
I owned this fucking game on GBC when I was a kid, and this is FUCKING NEWS TO ME.
>>
>>345074978
It's one of the best games in the series once you get used to the controls. There's some intricacies to the jumping and momentum in this game that other games don't have and that really add to the replay value.
>>
File: banned.gif (856 KB, 496x371) Image search: [Google]
banned.gif
856 KB, 496x371
I have before but the springs still fuck me up. Why do the springs fuck me up still?
>>
no, actually

as a kid I had the Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World game, and I never bothered with the original because I thought it sucked compared to the other 4
>>
>>345075646
Super mario all stars sucks penis compared to the originals. The physics are fucked
>>
>>345073439
Are you implying that there are people who haven't?
>>
>>345073439
Several times. I can probably count on one hand how many times I've been through every level in one sitting though.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.