[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were there any threads about this? I just found out.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10
File: fdsfd.png (441 KB, 1351x924) Image search: [Google]
fdsfd.png
441 KB, 1351x924
Were there any threads about this? I just found out.
>>
>>345040562
yeah. almost 2 years ago when it was news you idiot
>>
>>345040562
you feel for the click bait, good job anon
>>
because it's literally 2 years old non-news
>>
>>345040562
>Were there any threads about this?
Lots.
>>
OP here. Some dude on Facebook shared it and the article was written 2 days ago, I thought something new was happening.

Geez, I can't do anything right, I'm a fucking failure.
>>
>game journos trying to pin shit on a big name to stir up shit and make themselves look better but failing miserably

this stuff was known to the public 2 years ago when TB broke the story

fucking hacks
>>
>>345040562
This is common practice, why complain about it now?
>>
>>345040987
HOLY SHIT THIS, YOU DUMBASSES ARE FUCKING SLOW.
>>
File: 1461815639426.png (137 KB, 353x334) Image search: [Google]
1461815639426.png
137 KB, 353x334
I don't see how anyone could possibly care
>>
>>345040879
Killing yourself is always a viable option.
>>
>>345040562
>NEWSFLASH PAID REVIEWS ARE A THING
wow what news OP! I totally never heard of this before!
>>
>>345040562
There were lots of threads and despite his being named he actually disclosed that it was sponsored content while less known and un-named people didn't, it's manufactured outrage over something 2 years old which has already resulted in changes to rules about disclosure, they're namedropping pewdiepie for clicks.
>>
>>345040562
Holy shit, Nintendo released a classic NES?
>>
>>345040562
Well yeah.
That's what game gate was all about.

But they brought in that ugly fat bitch and tied it to anita and tried to make it into a hate movement.

They were completely outed and fell back on playing the victim of internet bullying. Problem is that everyone now knows they're word means shit and they've indirectly made the actual monstrous assholes on 4chan look heroic and honest when they are just monstrous assholes who just so happen to like trouble.
>>
>>345040879
There were some threads a couple of days ago but considering it wasn't news to anyone they didn't last long
>>
Pewds actually disclosed in the videos that they were sponsored. He made a video on it, these websites were basically using his name as clickbait. Look who fell for it.
>>
File: ..jpg (12 KB, 241x230) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
12 KB, 241x230
>>345040562
>people still think youtubers don't accept bribes.
>>
>>345043303
shhhh, let em have the bubble
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
30 KB, 480x360
YouTubers and journalists accepting brides isn't new, but is there a company that got fined like WB did?
>>
>>345043749
>YouTubers and journalists accepting brides isn't new

You got it backwards, they give their brides to other men
>>
File: flying-birds-60.jpg (36 KB, 604x434) Image search: [Google]
flying-birds-60.jpg
36 KB, 604x434
>>345043820
Heh
>>
>>345043749
>got fined like WB
Incorrect. They where told to not do it again.

Which considering this happened two years ago, and people openly admitted to taking money for favorable coverage is just appallingly insulting.

Shame the on;y the FCC could regulate where nipples and 4 letter words, and they cant even do that now.
>>
>>345040562
BAIT. pewds disclosed when he got paid. it's in the description
>>
>>345043261
disclosure of sponsorship is not the same as admitting that the review is fake. it's not that he was paid for his time to review the game, which is what he disclosed, but that he was paid to produce the positive review that he did, which he absolutely did not disclose.

one is a conflict of interest, the other is a violation of federal statutes. unfortunately the FTC will probably only punish the publishers in this matter and not seek litigation against youtube scam artists

so it's ok, you can go back to his stream now
>>
>>345040562
he did disclose it in the description and this shit was 2 years ago
gaming websites are just dying so they need clickbait and using PewDiePie is the easiest clickbait ever.
>>
>>345040562
Literally no one gives a shit.

We already knew it was true.

Normies don't care.

Fanbases don't give a shit and will still keep watching them.

Reviewers will still shill.

Nothing changes.
>>
No /v/ was busy harassing female game devs and journalist from traditional gaming sites.
>>
>>345045132
You cannot prove the review is fake. Thinking that his opinion is actually a lie purely in the interest of money is borderline paranoia. I do not believe that PDP is or ever was in any need of lying for corporate bucks.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JqJDRkKlt8

Pewdiepie blew them the fuck out.
>>
>>345040879
Dont give up anon
Believe in the beauty of the world
Peace and blessings
Anon
>>
>>345043749
>but is there a company that got fined like WB did?
Sony did, back in the PSP days. Remember "All I want for christmas is a PSP?"
>>
>>345040609
>July 12, 2016
>>
>>345047940
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBPmkfu_zs8
>>
>>345040562
Its about ethics in game journalism.
>>
>>345046749
except that's what he admitted to. taking money for a positive review. it was pre-arranged. whether he HAD to lie is insubstantial - he agreed that he would lie if needed. you are splitting hairs trying to defend this faggot
>>
>>345046887
He's still a retarded shill. Nothing can change that lol.
>>
>>345040879
You remind me of that anon that messed up an unboxing thread and said fiddlesticks and everyone called him adorable.
>>
File: 1-V-pJ0zdxNKAwpJE2Yed37g.png (2 MB, 2000x871) Image search: [Google]
1-V-pJ0zdxNKAwpJE2Yed37g.png
2 MB, 2000x871
Reminder that /v/ started a civil war over less than this shit.

Although I find it funny how people whine so much about written blogs while the YouTubers take payments from big companies like it's nothing.

PewDiePie at least acknowledges that the videos were sponsored.
>>
File: 1439583453484.jpg (55 KB, 540x302) Image search: [Google]
1439583453484.jpg
55 KB, 540x302
The real question is how many people and companies are involved in this kind of deals. I think it's way more common than people think and most of it is kept under a lid.
>>
>>345040562

How about you watch his video from 2 days ago completely disproving the whole thing. He wasn't even reviewing the fucking game.

Give his video a like whilst you're at it.
>>
>>345045132

Except he didn't technically review the game. He just played it and dicked around having fun. That's hardly a review.

He does let's plays, not reviews.
>>
File: 1331537446802.png (135 KB, 584x573) Image search: [Google]
1331537446802.png
135 KB, 584x573
>/v/ defending PewDiePie

I am okay with this.
>>
>>345040562
I can get why people enjoy watching people like this play video games, as well as why a publisher would want to use them to advertise their products, but why would a single person give a shit about a screaming idiot's opinions?
>>
File: gamergate retweet network.png (2 MB, 1364x714) Image search: [Google]
gamergate retweet network.png
2 MB, 1364x714
>>345050892
And guess what, that war was lost. No one cares about paid advertisements or collusion in secret mailing lists. That's just a totally normal part of news media and people have to stop making a big deal about it.
>>
>>345052408
Anon I think there is something wrong with our society
>>
>>345052617
It's going to be fine. Just go with the flow, another couple years and it'll feel so natural you won't even know anything is wrong.
>>
I really dont fucking get it, why did WB have no confidence in their game? Which was a very fun game that i played untill the end, a rare thing nowadays.
Anyway pewdiepie didnt even really review it.
>>
>>345040562
1: It's two years old stale and molding news
2: The headline is untrue, not all of them did reviews, some did lets plays, etc.
3: PewDiePie and many other youtubers disclosed that their videos were sponsored by Warner Brothers Entertainment at the time thus this is a non issue being exploded to draw attention away from Valve's underage gambling problems and Hillary's abuse of power and wealth.
>>
>>345053080

>why did WB have no confidence in their game?

Of course they fucking had confidence in their game. It's called ADVERTISING dumbass.
>>
>>345040562
No, because people don't actually care about ethical gaming journalism
>>
File: 250px-079Slowpoke.png (46 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-079Slowpoke.png
46 KB, 250x250
>>345040562
1. The news is two years old that the media is just now reporting on because they're a fucking joke. Also they want EZ hits.
2. He did disclose the the dosh in the video description. Whether or not that was enough is anther discussion entirely.

Conclusion: media is a farce run by greedy imbeciles and should be ignored.
>>
>>345054471
>Hillary's abuse of power and wealth.
Haven't followed murican elections recently, did everyone else but Hillary and Trump really drop off?
>>
>>345055494
Its not advertising if you have to do shady behind the scene shit.
>>
Nope, no women involved in this scandal, so bitter basement dwelling virgins don't have anyone to slut shame and threaten with rape/murder. Ethics!
>>
>>345042648
I made a mistake, okay!!?!??
I tried to make a point but I couldn’t find the words! I am AUTISTIC and I can’t always articulate well! I was angry and i fucked up what I wanted to say and now everyone thinks I meant something I didn’t
People are turning on me, attacking me, telling me to die (as if I wasn’t already considering it) I am in HELL
and NOBODY CARES
im SORRY okay??? Im sorry im sorry im sorry! Im sorry I can’t always get my thoughts out, im sorry that I was angry and said stupid things, im fucking sorry that my words tangled in my head and came out so wrong
Im so fucking sorry
So hate me all you want! Abandon me like everyone does! Leave me behind or better yet, stay and spit poison as if im not full of it already! I don’t care anymore!!!
I can’t possibly be made to hate myself more than I do as it is
So do whatever the hell you want. Go through my tag and read the callout, and if you want to hate me for what I said that I REGRET then get the hell out!!!
Almost nobody cares
There are literally 3 people who I think would give a flying fuck if I posted a goodbye and disappeared
And of those only 1 or 2 would actually be affected or grieve me
Im a monster
And I shouldn’t be here
Is that what you want
Do you want me dead?
Will this end at last when there’s a fatality from it?
….do so many people want me dead…?
>>
>>345051732
Only cause he didn't do shit and was a bad attempt at clickbait.
>>
>>345051051
Well its illegal if you dont tell your audience that your beign paid. So im pretty sure its not some well kept secret.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.