[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98
File: 1467642901030.jpg (58 KB, 270x492) Image search: [Google]
1467642901030.jpg
58 KB, 270x492
>there are people who hate the game for the sole reason snake and ace weren't mentioned more.
I'm still salty about it
>>
File: tips_hat.jpg (38 KB, 526x343) Image search: [Google]
tips_hat.jpg
38 KB, 526x343
First for Dio
>>
>>345038636
>Snake
>mentioned
>>
>No Kyle
>No ?
>No Snake
>No Ace
>No Seven
>No Clover and Alice thankfully
>No Quark
>>
>>345038636
I don't hate the game but I am disappointed by the various changes from VLR and dropped plot points and the overall "conclusion" of the series.
>>
>>345038758
But he has to bring them back to get the shifters. And no matter what you say, he explained that how he did it was the only way to create him. Stop trying to argue with canon
>>
>>345038003
All the (3) articles I've read about it mention external/environmental stimuli. I don't see how old Sigma plays an important role in that.
Is there anything I'm missing or is it:
>but only old Sigma can father Delta because reasons
Bootstrap paradoxes can suck a dick in a world where ayylien fax machine are a thing.
>>
>>345038636

There will be a Zero Escape 4 anyway.
>>
>>345039142
how pointless would that be
in all the infinite timelines of course there is one where everything turns out great
the whole thing is inconsequential
>>
File: Virtue's Last Reward (38).jpg (129 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
Virtue's Last Reward (38).jpg
129 KB, 960x544
>>
>>345039340
Well you didn't let me finish.

It's going to be an iOS game where you literally just play the decision game at the end of ZTD. You either shoot Sigma's kid or walk away.
>>
>>345038916

>No Kyle
Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS A HUGE DROPPED POINT.

>No ?
? is literally the player, and always has been. The true end in VLR was just his cheeky way of saying "go play the next game". "?" was and is the literal player.

>No Snake
Really, really weird. Then again, he's done a ton of red herrings throughout the series, so this just seems like his longest running one.

>No Ace
He's mentioned. He's still in jail.

>No Seven
He's mentioned. Junpei's worked with him and he's still fighting FTS.

>No Clover.
Mentioned.

>No Alice
Thank god

>No Quark
Thank GOD.

So yeah, the only dropped point we see here is Kyle. Potentially Snake, but that really just seems like a red herring that may not even have been intentional.

Mind you, dropping Kyle was fucked up.
>>
So is the true ending of the game literally the cliffhanger where carlos points the gun at delta?

Why the fuck was Kyle not mentioned at all in the game?
>>
>>345039446
>>345039446

BLICK WINKEL IS THE PLAYER.

AKANE IS SAYING THAT THE LITERAL PLAYER NEEDS TO PLAY THE THIRD GAME OR ELSE THE TIMELINE WON'T CHANGE

THIS IS NOT A DIFFICULT CONCEPT
>>
>>345039472
Snake was never a red herring. He was explained in 999. What needed further elaboration? I gotta agree though. Even if we take another time as a cheeky wink, it still feels cheap not to include Kyle or ?

>>345039678
Yeah, that's the end. Because at that point Delta (you) is letting them make their own decisions, not mindhacking them like had been happening hroughout the game. The characters are free from your influence.
>>
>>345038916
That's a good thing. Game would have ended up being even more of a clusterfuck than it already is.
>>
>>345039472
meh whatever, I am getting tired of repeating myself and I don't feel like copypasting what I said in the previous threads so whatever

the game is perfect and this is how the series should have always ended and clearly VLR was a mistake
>>
>>345039340
999 was interesting because those alt futures never happened, they were just possibilities Akane was seeing through her mind
VLR was interesting because it expanded on the concept of timelines and being able to jump between them, but it still kept it tame and didn't go overboard because the point of the game was to jump back to the past to create a good timeline, because Sigma was in a loop.

ZTD just went full bullshit with infinite timelines and people able to jump at will and cheat death. It made everything lose any impact and the final result was unsatisfying as fuck.
>>
File: Virtue's Last Reward (9).jpg (114 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
Virtue's Last Reward (9).jpg
114 KB, 960x544
>>345039852
>sperging at a random post with no text

Calm down nerd
>>
File: 71EuXZ50JoL._SL1273_.jpg (192 KB, 984x1128) Image search: [Google]
71EuXZ50JoL._SL1273_.jpg
192 KB, 984x1128
>threads are finally dying down

Holy shit... it's all over...

Uchikoshi you fucker how could you do this. Pretty sure no one feels satisfied with how this ended.
>>
>>345039939
Pretty much this, can i also point out that seeing the global timeline and how it branches just basically tells you which is good end and bad end.
They also pulled the same shit with, "Oh no, because of the camera you didn't notice this!"
>>
File: hobby.png (16 KB, 323x42) Image search: [Google]
hobby.png
16 KB, 323x42
Drawfags onegai
>>
>>345040127
I do. But I realise even though it's probably in my top three game series, I always had different expectations to all the other fans on here
>>
>>345040014
>don't press the puzzle button
>don't push the decontamination button, it's clearly suspect (try to push it anyway when you learn what it does)
>push the blue button that says "Do Not Press This Button"

seriously, what is it with Sigma and being wrong about buttons?
>>
So where does Phi's brooch come from in the first place?

Obviously Diana gives it to her when she transports her as a baby, but where did the brooch actually originate from?
>>
tell me how you interpreted remember11 again
>>
File: low quality bait.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
low quality bait.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
>>345040638
(You) should understand a bootstrap paradox by now
>>
>>345039472
I know ? is the player, but the player doesn't interact with the world in any way. VLR makes out like the player is the key to avoiding disaster in ZTD.

>>345039340
Here is how the game should have gone:
>Only Shifters can create new timelines, by going back and making another decision
>Espers can only view other timelines that were created by Shifters
>The game ends with the removal of the morphogenetic fields, and any supernatural abilities

The fact that Esper/Shitters/Mindfucks still exist at the end of the game make me mad. It means that everything is inconsequential.
>>
File: Virtue's Last Reward (30).jpg (79 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
Virtue's Last Reward (30).jpg
79 KB, 960x544
>I am sorry Sigma I don't know anything about the future, I can only see some things. But I still knew I had to kidnap Alice and Clover and put them on ice plus all the other things required for VLR that happened before ZTD.

>4 months later

>By the way in 45 years I am going to attack you with a knife and make you jump, apparently now I know everything about the future that's why I am shipping you to Rhizome-9 with those other 3. Also I went to the FtS meeting earlier, now let's watch the antimatter reactors explode and fuck up the planet.
>>
>>345040867

So that's literally the explanation?

Fuck this, ZTD's ending is one of the greatest disappointments I've ever experienced.
>>
>>345039472
What, where was Clover mentioned
>>
>>345041006
all that is actually moot compared to alien god time traveling cloning machine you can use every 10 months
even the 10 month limit is stupid, can't you just transport to seconds before the previous transport and do it infinitely?
>>
Which Pokemon Go teams would ZTD characters join?
>>
Ending aside, did you overall enjoy the game?
>>
>>345041043
It's not like this is anything new. This is literally the explanation for why Akane managed to live through the first Nonary game.
>>
>>345041006
>VLR makes out like the player is the key to avoiding disaster in ZTD.
You're reading way too into it. ? was never going to be any more significant and was more of a little fan service bit for people who like 4th wall breaking.

I'm more confused by his question about if Kyle was sent to his body. Akane says she supposes they could put it that way, but what does that even mean?
>>
>>345041257
Akane doesn't get infinitely old.
>>
>>345041006
That is not how the game should've gone. That sounds awful. Literally the opposite of what the games were walking towards. That's the use of preemptive esper abilities instead of reactively
>>
>>345040659
YAMEROOOO

I haven't played R11, and I still wanna visit ZE threads. Don't muck it up with spoilers. I know you'll hide the spoilers but still
>>
>>345041239
I enjoyed the game strictly while I was playing it. The disappointment came when I realized I had just hit the true ending and that was it.
>>
>>345041239
Yes. Still a pretty good game overall, even with its ending.
>>
File: gcUjmly.png (268 KB, 474x402) Image search: [Google]
gcUjmly.png
268 KB, 474x402
>>
>>345041239
The first 80% of the game was literally 10/10, and the music was better than the other two.
The twist and ending was disappointing.

>>345041392
>You're reading way too into it.
No I'm not, literally the final lines are (directly addressed to the player):
>Only you can change history
>Only you can save the world
>>
>>345041480
Akane only lives because Akane saved herself, who could only save herself because Akane saved herself who could only save herself because Akane saved herself who could only save herself because Akane saved herself who could only save herself because Akane saved herself who could only save herself because Akane saved herself who could only save herself because Akane saved herself. It isn't a physical object, but it's a textbook bootstrap paradox
>>
>>345041730
Yeah and you did that by completing ZTD. Grats.
>>
>>345041550
it's not like many people have played it in the first place

people who have played zero escape are a small subset of people who play games at all, and people who have played infinity are a subset of that subset
>>
>the game is perfect reeeeee!! best in the series!!!
>>
>>345041735
Has nothing to do with Phi's brooch being infinitely old and not turning into scrap.
>>
File: 1468194945277.png (275 KB, 490x438) Image search: [Google]
1468194945277.png
275 KB, 490x438
>>345041239
Kind of. The early parts of the game were a drag since it never seemed to be going anywhere and they kept on dropping a bunch of drama and deaths way too early thanks to the fragment system. Then the final confrontation never really tied things together and I genuinely wasn't sure if I got the true ending. I liked Sean. And Carlos. Some parts were entertaining but it really is a shame it was so short. I think if it had been twice as long and actually used that time to explore the things it introduced then it would have been more cohesive.
>>
>>345041730

Yes.

You, the player, played ZTD and changed history.

If you hadn't, history would have repeated and ended up at VLR in ad infinitum.

Uchi already confirmed on Twitter that anyone looking at VLR's "Another End" for more information about "?" is looking too much into it - he said it was just a fun little thing and he likes breaking the 4th wall.
>>
>>345041972
Does anybody think it's the best game in the series? Lets find out. http://www.strawpoll.me/10749209
>>345042076
Still a bootstrap paradox
>>
>>345041972

Who the hell says that?
>>
>>345042076
I don't know man, it's a piece of metal, maybe she just gets it repaired at some point.

You'd think the more confusing issue would be "where did this object come from in the first place" but whatever.
>>
File: carlos.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>345042269
That is the most retarded excuse.
It's like saying I changed Marty McFly's destiny because I watched Back to the Future 2
>>
File: Wait who are you.png (514 KB, 599x641) Image search: [Google]
Wait who are you.png
514 KB, 599x641
>>345041239
i liked everything pretty much up until all the stuff with delta started happening, he seems really poorly written and makes no sense when compared with the information we had on brother beforehand, phi being brother's sister also adds nothing to the story as well, i felt like that was kinda forced overall i enjoyed the game but was kinda disappointed, a lot of things could have been done much better
>>
>>345042269
so I guess the whole Kyle thing was there for fun too

It was just a prank, like all the other things
>>
>>345042572
Yeah. I hated how Phi ended up being completely inconsequential. I thought she'd be helping Zero when the twin reveal came.
>>
>>345042269
>i-it wasn't meant to be taken seriously!
>>
>>345041730

>only the player can change history
>only the player can save the world

this is literally what happens during ZTD.

"?" isn't an "in-universe" character. It's the player, with preset lines of dialogue, being allowed to interact with in-universe characters using those lines of dialogue.

When "?" got sent back to the Mars site, Uchi was telling us to go play ZTD. Who's body did we get sent back to?

We got sent back to the protagonist's body. Or Q's, Carlos's, and Diane's, during whatever fragment we were playing, since those are the perspectives we were playing the games from.

If you really, really, really want an in-universe explanation, then we were possessing the main characters in the same way that Akane possessed Junpei in 999, only we're 4th dimensional beings.

http://virtueslastreward.com/qahome/
>Q39
>>
>when you can't say that you didn't like the Delta reveal because it doesn't really add anything to the overall plot without people spamming the "it was foreshadowed therefere it's good"

So this guy we don't know and with who we, the players, had 0 actual interactions is Zero and the mastermind behind everything. Ok.
>>
>>345041012

You do understand that's 4 months of Sigma telling her EVERYTHING that's going to happen in the next 40 years, right?

Don't blame the game for your stupidity.
>>
>>345042784
Yeah no fuck you dude that's not how blick winkel works.

If anything, ? should have been Maria floating around and seeing fragments.
>>
>>345042784
We got sent back to Delta's body if were going with that. We see the world through his glasses, and he mindhacks the team leaders during the decisions
>>
>>345042605

I have NO idea what happened with Kyle.

That seems like a dropped plot point, plain and simple. And I honestly think the games suffers for it.

But "?" was just the player, and was being told to go and play the third game.

>>345042708

he says exactly that on twitter when asked about it.
>>
>>345042673
yeah or at least something in that vain, she said she was some sort of x-factor and ended up being not important in the slightest
>>
>>345042883
Maybe you should actually play the game before shitposting
>>
>>345042936

In that sense...

Yeah, that's exactly it.
>>
My limited watch edition copy finally arrived yesterday sans watch.

Kind of pissed me off. I had to get another copy to avoid spoilers and my watch is still nowhere to be found. Any news on that?
>>
>>345042890

That's how blick winkel works in this game.

Did you not read his answer to Q39?
>>
>>345043045
IT's almost like... that's what the twist was meant to mean
>>345043028
The phi fags that shill her in these threads only make it worse
>>
>>345042936
Akane didn't possess Junpei, she watched him.
The player didn't make any decisions, we watched them being made. Any "forced" decision, i.e. the showers, was made by Delta.

The player isn't Kyle either, so Q39 doesn't answer shit.
>>
File: allyman.png (1 MB, 531x1672) Image search: [Google]
allyman.png
1 MB, 531x1672
>>345042572
I hated how they handled Left.

>lol he wasn't actually blood related to me

Fucking bullshit. I hate how he doesn't even seems to care about him since he barely mentions him but somehow he's batshit crazy about Sean. He deserved better.
>>
>>345043068
I have it. Life is simply unfair, anon.
Give up being a watch ownah.
>>
>>345043154

That's pretty much what I took away from it.

I still have no idea why the Kyle plot point got dropped though, or where on EARTH it was going to lead.
>>
>>345043292
Addressed to*
>>345042784
>>
>>345043154
i liked phi a lot in VLR and was really looking forward to how she would be important in the grand scheme of things but ultimately she's just kinda there, i still like her character just wish they would done something with her.

>>345043332
i was so fucking mad when brother was like, "yeah i have a brother but we're not even related." literally just threw left out the window, was so dumb
>>
>>345043292

Akane possessed Junpei.

Anything on the bottom screen was Akane's thoughts and decisions, anything on the top screen was Junpei's. He says this in his 999 answers.

Now, on which screen did all the decisions occur and puzzles get solved?
>>
>>345043292
I don't agree it's the same way. But it's clear that we are playing as delta. Also, it would be diferrent because Akane wasn't mindhacking. And that's like saying the player didn't play as Sigma. It's the exact same sorta situation, just with a different ability being used (shifting versus mindhacking). We play as delta like you play as Master Chief in Halo, or as Junpei in 999. It's the same thing. He's the avatar, but also a character in his own right.And yeah, Q39 doesn't answer shit.
>>
>>345043547
Are we disagreeing on what the word "possessed" actually means?
Akane didn't control Junpei at any point.
>>
>>345043547

In fact, Junpei makes a point to say that he's going to solve the Sudoku puzzle by himself during the finale, because he realized that Akane had been solving them for him the whole damn time.

Hence the screen getting flipped.
>>
>>345043547
She just relayed the information to top screen Junpei. She can't MINDHACK
>>
>>345043531
yeah fuck that seriously. Kyle being dropped and the whole deal with Brother + Left being almost ignored were easily the things that I disliked the most
>>
>>345042883
>this is what retards actually believe
>>
>>345043332
He clearly still cared about him. Sean prolly reminded him of Left, and he went through with that cloning stuff. But Left isn't really important to the plot of the game and it's been over 100 years, so why go on about him? I wish he was important though, I'd play a ZE4 if it were in the early 1900s.
>>
I think Kyle just died almost immediately when he tried to infiltrate the base.
Alternatively, he went in and participated in ~another~ game and ended up dying.
>>
>>345043938
>I wish he was important though

yeah that's the point. I was hoping he would be relevant but nope, he was barely mentioned at all. I'm not saying it's a flaw per se but it's a thing I really didn't like about ZTD
>>
>>345043737
>>345043657

999 Answers
Q13:

"Now, in regard to your question about the "last puzzle being upside down"... My thinking was that the top screen was the future and the bottom screen was the past. So if you solved the puzzle on the top screen, then that means that Junpei single-handedly solved the puzzle in the future. That's what I was trying to portray."

She made the decisions throughout the game on the bottom screen, which all occurred in the past, as Uchi just said.
>>
>>345043815
i waited for kyle the entire fucking game, i kept theorizing that he was sean or something like that, was super disappointed he never showed up
>>
>>345043953
Yeah. I like to imagine Akane thought it was essential, but he literally just got sent back to Gab and died.
>>345044083
No. It means he had Akane's help. Meaning that the information was relayed. She didn't force him to make any decisions. She doesn't have that power. That's confirmed
>>
>>345042876
Most of the foreshadowing is so minuscule and only even noticeable when you go looking for it retroactively as well, it's not like Sigma being Zero where the hints are given throughout the game and everything you've actually learned up to that point clicks together perfectly when it happens.
>>
>we need you and Phi to infiltrate the mars experiment because we don't know what happens there
>by the way I was there too
>>
>>345044264
Yeah. I think it was a decent twist, but the foreshadowing was to subtle so that it was never a question of where Zero was. It wasn't a issue raised. That, for me, meant that the reveal didn't click when it should've
>>
>>345043635
What, no, the screen flips because you are for the first time actually "playing" as Junpei. Akane wasn't doing shit.

>>345044083
The bottom screen is Akane solving the puzzles (we solve Akane's puzzles). During this time, Junpei is just doing his shit and solving them by himself. He only gets help from Akane to open the coffin.
The screen rotating is the only time we play as Junpei.

>>345043635
I get what you're saying. Still, it's not as if the player really does anything.
Absolutely massive Ever17 spoilers: I was expecting the player to actually be the reason the game succeeds. In Ever17, the characters are aware of the presence of the player, and the game is designed so that you, as the player, saves Coco.
>>
>>345044316
that didn't make any fucking sense. I kept wondering, why is Akane keeping her memories of what happens in the Mars Test Site? Aren't her and Sigma supposed to be completely oblivious as to what happened in there?
>>
Well, looks like snails can't stop a truck.

Time to shift and stop the terrorists.
>>
>>345044097
If we spam Uchi on twitter/Facebook will he answer the where's kyle question?
>>
>>345044316
Akane wasn't there when the radical 6 got leaked out. She actually died in that timeline (I THINK from the vote at 13:30), and returned via the transporter with junpei only to find that shit is fucked up.
>>
>>345044508
Yeah. The player doesn't do anything. But that's what it is supposed to be. I understand why people thought it would be an Ever17 style twist, but I never thought Uchi would just rehash that. In a way, it was lose/lose for him
>rehash it
lol no original ideas
>don't rehash it
wheres blick winkel
He wrote himself into a corner on that one
>>
>>345044676
We need to ask Uchi how big Delta's dick is
>>
>>345044792
Yeah. She didn't see how it happened.
>>
>>345043953
you had one job kyle. One fucking job

>>345044646
It happened something like 20 kms away from where I live. Pretty spooky.
>>
>>345044817
He shouldn't have written the Another Time end. Everything in that ending was just fucking ignored in ZTD.
>>
>>345045047
Yeah. Or made it clear that it was non-canon immediately
>>345044969
What happened?
>>
>>345043953
Requesting a fucking picture of Kyle scratching his head in front of Hope's Peak Academy
>>
>>345044676
i mean he might, just might not be a good answer
>>
>>345045159
Shit happened in Nice, a truck started running over people on the seafront during a celebration. More than sixty died and there were at least a hundred injured as far as I know
>>
>>345044792
Yeah, it was the timeline where C team gets voted off. Akane and Junpei arrive after everything goes down and have to get second hand knowledge from D team as the rescue team arrives apparently.
>>
>>345044969
I'm glad you are safe, anon. Sorry for the jokes.

It's just too silly and surreal that someone could do that.
>>
>>345045209
Sweet holy kek. This may be the best meme yet
>>
>>345044792
she still had some useful information and details about what was happening in there from her timeline plus why can't she simply access the memories of the Akane from that timeline?

in VLR no one knows anything about what happens in there other than Rad-6 got out of there somehow
>>
>>345045334
Well, that isn't what you expect to get when you google nice truck
>>
>>345044449
>>345044264

They talked about him many times.
They looked at the camera and talked to you/him many times.
They have extra shots fired or thuds -every- time Q's team goes to sleep/gets shot up.
After finding out about Sean, you wonder why there were 3 piles of flesh after the shower.

Hell, EVERY time you see Sean, -no one- knows who he is. They all go "Does anyone know this kid?" -every- time they see him. In the coin flip they do that. In the escape right away and no one knows where they are they do that. In the VLR ending they do that.

The shadow thing was not too noticeable. The library showing Sean on the grid but he is never shown in the status.

The X words.

He -actually- screams during the acid shower.
"Who's that fourth guy's voice"?

Come on...

>>345045434
>>345045209
Good meme.
>>
File: complex_snail.png (213 KB, 440x279) Image search: [Google]
complex_snail.png
213 KB, 440x279
>>345045209
I have the editing skills of a platypus otherwise I would do it myself.

>>345045419
don't worry nigger, nothing wrong with joking around. I just hope there weren't any people I knew here.
>>
>>345042883
if that was the case wouldn't they have more information about the events of ZTD? with Sigma at least knowning the events that caused him to lose his arms and eye?
>>
>>345045604
But you're not given any reason to suspect a 4th person exists. That's why it seems confusing. With VLR you always have the nagging suspicion that one of you may be Zero so the click fits perfect. Don't get me wrong, I liked the twist, it just didn't hit in the same way that it did.
>>
File: firefox_2016-07-14_20-07-23.png (77 KB, 792x562) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-07-14_20-07-23.png
77 KB, 792x562
Who /snail lamp/ here?
>>
>>345045047
Only thingy besides the Kyle thing in that end that hasn't been resolved is Alice and Clover returning to the past. That's prolly the transporter though, so we can take solace in assuming that the two of them fucking strangled Akane after learning they'll still be stuck there.
>>
Reminder the terrorist is the Ultimate Despair, they were inside Hope Peak's that's why Delta couldn't maindo hakku
>>
>>345045604
It's still a pointless twist because is a character that we never had any interactions with.

might as well been the janitor

in 999 and VLR the twist had some weight to it
>>
So wait a second, the twist is that you are zero AGAIN? He's done this literally every time.

Jesus Christ, he just can NOT let this one go.
>>
>>345045940
Yeah. That's why it doesn't click. For all the foreshadowing, it isn't hinted at at all, if that makes any sense.
>>
>>345045604
>No 4th ID system in FBR room
>No wheelchair/corpse after explosion
>No discussion bringing up whether or not the black eye'd, purple IRIS old man who has no reason to be in a test facility is suspicious
Even if you thought there was a 4th person, there is way more information contradicting it.
>>
>>345045841
do i look like i want to kill 8 billion people?
>>
>>345045604
>extra thuds
>guy is in a wheelchair
Bravo Uchi.
>>
>>345046052
I agree, but he had a reason to be there. They were testing to see how the mars situation would deal with a disabled person
>>
>not a single mention of Diana actually living on the moon before ZTD
>>
File: vMBKRAa[1].jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vMBKRAa[1].jpg
248 KB, 1920x1080
Was it really that bad for Carlos to wait 10 months to save Junpei and Akane? If he interrupted the game it would have created an entirely different timeline altogether anyway and Akane would have never gotten out to start doing her keikaku timelord bullshit.
>>
>>345046597

>kyle
>>
>>345046886
?
kyle was made like 20 years after she died
>>
>>345046597
My memory of VLR is pretty hazy. Before ZTD all I knew going in was that Sigma fell in love with this chick and that he built a robo-diana to replace the hole in his heart when she died.
>>
Kyle was always alive>>345046886
>>
What bothers me the most about Delta is how the fuck he did the coin flip without being in the cell with the rest of Q-team.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THE SPAM FILTER
>>
>>345047682
What did you try to post?
>>
>>345047736
A reply explaining how the timeline worked and that Sigma did have the opportunity to tell Akane about the next forty years.
>>
>>345047682
its not just you im raging right now.
>>
>>345047550
he was not in the cells. Carlos realized something was up and figured out who Zero was before being drugged
>>
>>345047682
trouble

here

too

caveman

time
>>
I was convinced that Sean was actually Maria under the helmet until the reveal. Why even mention her otherwise? Not like it did a lot to flesh out Carlos.
>>
File: 1467748147007.png (105 KB, 255x251) Image search: [Google]
1467748147007.png
105 KB, 255x251
>>345047682
I know right. Shit is wack
>>
File: 1467174654941.jpg (55 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1467174654941.jpg
55 KB, 640x640
why did no one notice the other 2 pathways in the lounge leading to other wards? why were they never examined during a groups free time in the lounge?

it seems too simple if carlos had just gone down a hallway he wouldve noticed he was in the healing room in ward D.

---PSA IF THIS MESSAGE GOES THROUGH IT MEANS DONT USE COMMAS OR APOSTROPHES---
>>
>>345047939
What was even the point of Reverie syndrome?
>>
>>345047939
>>345048043
I believe there was a dropped plot line with the whole fragment system being Maria experiencing parts of the story because of Reverie Syndrome.
>>
>>345048030
The digital wall magic probably hid it.
>>
>>345048075
I made a new thread. No spam.
>>
>>345046839
wasn t creating a split where radical 6 is not released the entire point of the game anyway?

which is also why I think they introduced the terrorist because creating such branch would be extremely easy so they had to have a reason to why doing it would be bad
>>
>>345047550
Sean: Could one of us participants be zero?

Actually_Smart_person_that_could_have_been_on_Q_team: Maybe we should suspect the person who wasnt in the coin flip?

>>345048030
>---PSA IF THIS MESSAGE GOES THROUGH IT MEANS DONT USE COMMAS OR APOSTROPHES---

FUCKING HELL JAPANMOOT!!
>>
>>345048164
But why?
>>
>>345048175
Didnt they lose their memory of the coin flip?
>>
>>345048096
Your belief is shit but whatever. It is delta we are playing as. not Maria
>>
>>345048346
Re-read it you dweeb
>>
>>345048346
Thats why I said dropped
>>
File: 1467589057483.jpg (114 KB, 500x680) Image search: [Google]
1467589057483.jpg
114 KB, 500x680
I think Delta would have worked better for me if we had seen more of how he was in Reality fragment: an actual character and not this 2complex4u mind hack meme. Hes this weirdo old guy who liked some kid enough to make a fucking robot of him when he died so he could see the world through his eyes. Its one of the only moments he showed a human side and his motives seemed more palpable even if I didnt understand them. The Delta at the end was pretty much a joke just going "check this shit" and showing off dead dog before mind hacking getting shot to death.
>>345045841
You sick motherfucker.
>>345047550
Pretty sure Carlos noticed when he said someting like "hey youre-" but then passed out a few seconds later and their memories got wiped.
>>345047682
Im having the same issue what the fuck.
>>345048030
testing this
>>
>>345048175
But they do not remember the coin flip until after they know who Zero is
>>345048407
Reread it. Still is not relevant to the story at all. Literally what would that add.
>>
Why join the game in the first place?
Is getting murdered that fun?
He cant even shift ffs.

>>345048030
I love you.
>>
>>345045782
They talk about Q often enough and don^t use it in a way meaning Sean/ The only shitty thing about all of it is what said/ I don^t find it contradicting about what he said, but they should have been more suspicious/ The only reason why it^s --okay to slip past-- is due to him pretending to be a blind/deaf/mute who can^t walk/ It^s lame but whatever/
>>345045940
The only interaction you had with him is fake made up fantasy MINDHACK and the foreshadowing (rddit has like 50+ examples of it)/

>>345046052
The explosion destroyed the chair, but not the robot/ This makes sense imo, but not the fucking desk next to it/ Hell, that^s not how grenades even work/ If you mean the explosion near the wall then He^s older than 120 and his wheelchair is super shitty? IDK/ Maybe he was off camera, I can^t recall the angles of view/

>>345046258;_;
I guess he could have leaned forward and fell out of the chair? I doubt he is leaning back if he^s moving around on it a lot (which the shadows make it seem to be this way)/

>>345046306
He was there for mindhacc and complex motives/ I^m sure there were other reasons that I^m not caring enough to think about/ Maybe mindhacc has a short range?

>>345047550
He wasn^t in the cell big huge idiot/ That^s why carlos says "oh shit I know who you are"/

>>345048241
Spam filter is bugged in this thread I guess?
>>
>>345048346
we are playing as the quantum computer

that s why even after the Delta reveal we still see things from the cameras
>>
>>345048509
Its not a question of what it would add you retard, you misunderstood what >>345048096 said.
>>
>>345048525
We are playing as delta but he sees things from the quantum computer in his glasses. The computer did not mindhack anybody but delta did. That is why we see shit from the cameras. He is still viewing it through his glasses. And that is why at the end we see carlos pointing the gun (not quite) directly at him
>>
>>345048517
Nope, the spam filter happened to me in this other thread.
I just wanted to talk about Yakuza dammit
>>
>>345048517
>automated wheelchair
>blasted in the chest
>lean forward
Does not compute
>>
>>345048517
I know it s foreshadowed, I am not arguing that. I am arguint tht it lacks emotional impact or anything because it s just like they introduced a new character in the last 30 minutes of the game
>>
File: missile has a question.jpg (58 KB, 544x640) Image search: [Google]
missile has a question.jpg
58 KB, 544x640
But if they didnt remember the coinflip during the games, how did they know there was a Zero at all?
>>
>>345048643
But there is no evidence for it. It is a literally pointless addition that would not add anything. Sure it may have existed but I do not know why you would want it to. I believe there was a dropped plotline where Junpei and Carlos have explicit gay sex.
>>
File: 1457845156005.jpg (42 KB, 1000x859) Image search: [Google]
1457845156005.jpg
42 KB, 1000x859
after years of postponing im finally jumping into the series. started 999 today. anything i should know going forward? is lotus or clover best girl
>>
>>345048517
>there is a blind deaf guy moving around on a wheelchair while stuff happens around
>>
>>345048924
No, there isn't anything you should know.
Get the fuck out of this thread before someone spoils a great experience for you.
>>
>>345048924
Lotus. Fucking filter.
>>
>>345048924
Neither. Akane is best grill
>>
>>345048924

get the fuck out of here

and you arent done until you've seen all the endings of 999
>>
>>345048848
Not that guy but it would have tied Maria to the narrative rather than having this completely extraneous tidbit brought up several times and amounting to nothing of importance.
>>
>>345048924
Lotus a best.
>>
>>345049170
Who?
>>
>>345048924
go through whichever doors you want first time through.
look up a guide for the other routes after
>>
>>345039678

There is epilogue stuff in the file if you enter a fragment to check the file, but it looks like basically yes, the game ends just before Carlos makes that final decision.
>>
>>345049216
It already was important. it explained the rapid emergence of SHIFTers and hinted at Carlos powers. Plus it gave him a reason to be on the base. Not everything has to be a big twist guys.
>>345049242
June.
>>
>>345048769
I used multiple examples. The thud is when they get put to sleep not blasted in the chest.
Mind you when he gets shot there is a pool of blood there too.
The grenade left smoke where he was.
Automated weak metal chair.

>>345048785
Oh yeah there is little to no emotional impact in it compared to what 999/VLR had. Sorry for misunderstanding you if that was your whole argument.

>>345048810
Because every time they are awake the Zero guy shows up? Later in the road they start retaining some memory too.

>>345049041
No reason for him not to. His shadow makes it seem like he does this anyway.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10749209/
Re-post for the graveyard shift
>>
Anyone want to explain the simon says-like puzzle in the biolab room that you dont have to complete to finish that room?
>>
>>345040127

I don't think I'm satisfied so much as I am accepting.

VLR was amazing but it felt a bit like that was a fluke even at the time. I never imagined ZTD would equal or surpass it.

Still, until Carlos started save scumming and the Q twist reared its ugly head, the game was pretty great.
>>
>>345040638

>Phi was raised by two researchers
>Phi was literally raised by a pair o' docs
>>
>>345048924
Lotus a best and underrated, only tittymonster in the series that's not a bitch
>>
File: 1468095571883.gif (1 MB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
1468095571883.gif
1 MB, 500x284
>>345049647

it's not simon says

stop being retarded and look at the only other fucking goddamn thing in the fucking room that's the same colors as those buttons for fucks sake

it's always the goddamn piss easy biolab puzzle
>>
File: 1468047111613.png (51 KB, 288x441) Image search: [Google]
1468047111613.png
51 KB, 288x441
>>345049849
oh, you
>>
>>345049647
>put colored liquids under microscope
>number of cells in a group = which number slot the corresponding capsule goes in
>colors correspond to symbols on monitor depicting fish, plant, human, etc.
>match numbers to symbols and then arrange the capsules properly
ez desu senpai baka
>>
reminder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfOsjVT8mlU
>>
>>345049992
Nah she's still a bitch for attempting to form an alliance. That's all she's guilty of though. She never actually gets anyone killed unlike most other girls.
>>
>>345039678
Kyle is mentioned when Sigma dies after being stabbed by Mira.
>>
>>345050157
Not that anon, but when I was playing I got confused and tried connecting the microscope results to the screen with the specimens. I completely overlooked that lock after I examined it once, and didn't realize until I looked up a guide.
I don't blame him that much.
>>
File: 1466621194550.gif (4 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1466621194550.gif
4 MB, 300x300
>>345050265
Where the fuck did the "who eric likes to cosplay as" video go? Is it gone for good? ;_;
>>
>>345038636
I was really hoping for a blowout between akane and junpei and it never happened except sort of in the premium booklet but even then Akane kept up a front.
>>
>>345050757

it's still there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfmeOqq9Ffw
>>
File: 1369544842534.jpg (29 KB, 705x521) Image search: [Google]
1369544842534.jpg
29 KB, 705x521
>>345050085
>someone using my pic

you're a cool guy anon
>>
File: Untitled.png (401 KB, 1394x548) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
401 KB, 1394x548
>>345050039
>>345050157
im talking about this
>>
File: 1467838824983.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467838824983.jpg
248 KB, 1920x1080
>>345050939
Okay, phew. My bookmark wasn't working.
>>
>>345051113
The second guy you responded to literally explained that puzzle you dum
>>
>>345051113

yes?

that's exactly what we were talking about stop being dumb
>>
>>345051209
Am i crazy, i dont remember opening the locker here, which is what im referring to
>>
>>345050908
Blowout between the guy who spent half hour his life chasing after a girl he barely knew and said girl?
Junpei is a dumb waifufag.
>>
>>345046839
Anyone else think that maybe the reason Carlos, who is basically the main-main character, is an idealized real-American-hero with no faults is because it's a big thank you to the American fans who saved the series by demanding the third game so much? I'd like to hope so, if only to stroke my own ego.
>>
>>345051113
>>345051209
Actually now that I reread his shit he didn't
Match the microscope shit to that simon says shit
>>
>>345051209
>>345051334
Yeah I misunderstood what he was talking about but the numbers still match up the same way.
>>
>>345051296

then you didnt get the hint and just got lucky with moving the fetus and other animals around
>>
File: EricAim1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
EricAim1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
YOU HAVE FIFTEEN SECONDS TO TELL ME WHO KILLED MIRA
>>
>>345051113

Match Simon Says to the Microscope Cell Count results.

Hit yellow x# of times, hit red z# of times, etc.
>>
File: 1468537999969.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1468537999969.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>
>>345051483
GAB
>>
>>345051483

gab
>>
File: sometimes I'm mad.png (1 MB, 783x1024) Image search: [Google]
sometimes I'm mad.png
1 MB, 783x1024
Did ANYONE actually managed to make sense out of the robot room's file hints?

I just cut the color of wires each robot told me to less than 5 seconds before.
>>
>>345051306
Junpei is a selfish asshole all around, even in VLR

>I'd rather vhave the planet destroyed and billions dead than the chance of not meeting QUARKU

Fuck him
>>
File: 1467842754741.jpg (186 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467842754741.jpg
186 KB, 1280x720
>>345049647
Biolab was my first room. I actually wound up liking Q team the best but fuck that room, it's a horrible place to start and has a bunch of poorly conveyed answers.
>>
File: 1425529839179.png (59 KB, 416x568) Image search: [Google]
1425529839179.png
59 KB, 416x568
>>345051483
you did
>>
>>345051603
I didn't fare much better picking Healing Room as my first.
>>
>>345051564
More like bitch why are putting me and wife's son in danger for your shitty AB games.
VLR won't simply dissappear.
>>
>K and Sonic Boom Knuckles have the same voice actor
>>
File: 1468473404649.webm (2 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1468473404649.webm
2 MB, 852x480
>>345051483
I..It was the snail!
>>
>>345051557
I didn't even realize you could do that. I just used the files and it worked out fine.
>>
File: 1402690851355.png (17 KB, 247x239) Image search: [Google]
1402690851355.png
17 KB, 247x239
>>345051438
you are correct, that is exactly what happened
>>
>>345051812
he is the one that decided to go, he got invited with the whole "If you want to know about Akane come here" so he knew he was going to be in troubles and brought Quark with him because he didn't trust leaving him alone on Earth

he really has no one else to blame
>>
File: 1389670653601.png (20 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1389670653601.png
20 KB, 256x192
>Type in Delta for the laffs in the standoff, before his official reveal as the 4th Q-team member.
>He actually gets bolted in the face and sputters latin as he dies
>>
>>345051483
Donno
>>
>>345051603
>>345051698
I did Pantry first, I thought it was good starting point. Also helps doing it before like 5 other scenes spoil it.
>>
File: Activating the DEAD.gif (3 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Activating the DEAD.gif
3 MB, 500x375
>>
>>345052056
>Put in Q
>"Please enter Q's name"
>Do the fragment where Q talks with Zero
>Try putting in Sean
>"Error"
>Put in Delta just because it's the only other new character name
>Get confused

Felt bad
>>
>the culprit is Q!
>THAT MAKES NO SENSE! *BLAM*
>the culprit is DELTA! WHICH IS Q
>What? IMPOSSIBLE!!! *plot advances*
>>
>>345052142
Shit like that is kinda why I didn't like the fragment system and would have just rather done normal progression
The format itself already spoils the whole "everyone is working at a different time" twist, the game wouldn't have lost much
>>
>>345048924

Play 999.

Understand that at that point, Uchi had IDEAS about what he wanted the rest of the story to be, but wasn't sure if it would continue or which overall plot he'd use exactly. From there, if you continue on to play series, understand that 999 can essentially be seen as a prequel or a gaiden to the rest of the series. It happened, and it's somewhat important, but the exact details and even knowing of it doesn't truly matter in the grand scheme of the Zero Escape series.

You can essentially look at 999 as a standalone title.

Once you get to VLR, you have to realize that it was made with every intention of continuing it's story into the third game game. Uchi had actually planned to develop the two game's stories simultaneously, and Chunsoft even said he was good to do this. Uchi had the overall plot of the series down at this point. So while it's a full story of it's own, it's definitely supposed to be important in the grand scheme of things.

However, at some point between the release of VLR and ZTD, Uchi started working on the story with two other writers, and he was pressured to make the series more appealing to newcomers, since sales were lower than expected (in Japan). What ended up happening was that a lot of plot points from VLR were dropped, and other ones that he likely intended to have happen were changed.

Whether or not any important points were altered/dropped is a question only Uchi can (and he may) answer, and the reason for these changes could be anyone of Aksys's, the other writer's, or Uchi's fault.

So 999 is fantastic, VLR is pretty good but could be even better as a part of a whole, and ZTD is a bit of a toss up. If you like ZTD's resolution, VLR will retroactively be even better. If you don't like ZTD's resolution, VLR will still seem pretty good but will likely be soured by ZTD in some manner.
>>
>>345052013
>i'm sure kanny won't put my life in danger again
>she xan't be this muchv of a bitch
>motherfucker
Can't blame him desu
>>
File: 1467838702972.png (127 KB, 630x322) Image search: [Google]
1467838702972.png
127 KB, 630x322
>>345051483
I'm sure it was definitely the small child, he jumped straight up into the air like a grasshopper and strangled her neck that was too tall for him to reach because that makes the most sense.
>>
File: 1374611859233.png (21 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1374611859233.png
21 KB, 256x192
>>345051483
>>
>>345052364
Obviously he was MINDHACKED into accepting the explanation.
>>
Would someone with the game be so kind to upload an early save file (earliest posible)? I get a blackscreen on NG.
>>
I liked ZTD a lot, even the ending felt pretty good to me

This game had some funny shit in it though, particularly Q getting fucking grenaded during the standoff, and the entirety of Carlos's situation in the C-team ending. I couldn't help but laugh at his expression during that ending
>>
>>345051483
I put in zero, I was actually surprised to get a unique response. Turns out that segment has a bunch of potential wrong answers.
>>
>>345052364

One would think that Delta wouldn't give up the ruse until someone had figured out he was Delta was his real name. You would have little reason to suspect it was the old man Q if he doesn't fucking speak, move or react at all for five days. Especially considering the morphogenetic memories-- that fact that Q dies in some timelines is more evidence that he isn't responsible (as in almost all realities he keeps up the charade)
>>
>>345051836
>>
>I find human decisions fascinating
>That's why I'm going to mindhacc people into making decisions they don't want to
>>
File: 1468517629970.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1468517629970.jpg
250 KB, 1920x1080
>>345053148
DAMN
>>
File: 1464725602996.jpg (56 KB, 846x483) Image search: [Google]
1464725602996.jpg
56 KB, 846x483
>>345053767
BRAT
>>
File: DAMN BART.png (339 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
DAMN BART.png
339 KB, 960x720
>>345054065
STOP
>>
Sigma doing the whole "unconditional love" monologue for his children pretty much shows Kyle is Luna-tier to him. Kinda like his sibling but not really.
>>
File: Virtue's Last Reward (36).jpg (128 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
Virtue's Last Reward (36).jpg
128 KB, 960x544
>>345054136
>>
File: rip.jpg (50 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
50 KB, 640x360
>>345054109
BULLSHITTING
>>
File: 1468359113344.jpg (60 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1468359113344.jpg
60 KB, 500x400
>>345054109
BULLSHITTING
>>
I'm not even gunna lie, Delta touting his murder of Gab and then mindhacking his would-be murderer into murdering him was probably the most funny scene in the series to me. Obviously not for the right reasons, but holy shit.
>>
File: 1467843798206.png (194 KB, 450x443) Image search: [Google]
1467843798206.png
194 KB, 450x443
>>345054437
>>345054457
There can be only one.
>>
>>345054516
I was fucking dying on the "DO NOT PRESS THIS BUTTON" thing tbqh
>>
File: 161649456161611.png (261 KB, 600x423) Image search: [Google]
161649456161611.png
261 KB, 600x423
You know what sucks the most?

With how they went with a cinematic approach, gone are the descriptive narration and inner monologue that characters have in the old VN format.

I was playing 999 earlier and noticed how the game described how Junpei woke up in the first escape room in the Gigantic. It really drew me in how descriptive it is and set the mood of the game.

With how things are limited third person in ZTD, that immerse factor is gone. GONE.

Kochi you son of a bitch
>>
File: 1454362541368.jpg (43 KB, 379x411) Image search: [Google]
1454362541368.jpg
43 KB, 379x411
>>345054560
FUCK THAT
>>345054437
>>345054457
ME
>>
File: 1467838888574.png (404 KB, 849x653) Image search: [Google]
1467838888574.png
404 KB, 849x653
>>345054437
>>345054457
MIRA
>>
>>345054609
This
With both of them screaming at me it just felt hilarious pushing at the last second.
>>
File: 1467671922354.jpg (94 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
1467671922354.jpg
94 KB, 960x544
>>345054680
>>345054750
>>
>>345054863
I only started laughing at the huge ass explosion. It's really funny for some reason.
>>
>>345054516
The only salvagable thing about the entire Delta/Q situation is how fucking funny it is.
I hated the reveal but I can't not laugh at the idea that there's some old man in a wheelchair blindly spinning around and bumping into things just barely offscreen during all of the Q team scenes.

It's like how I hated the addition of Huey as a major player into the MGS canon with PW and MGS5, but love the mental image that his suicide was retconned into slowly, sadly driving an electric wheelchair into a pool.
>>
>longtime fan of series
>finally got a chance to play
>made everyone survive the vote at start
>went to transporter room, then door of truth
>have no code, figure I need to get it from another timeline
>can't jump to another timeline
>try failing the code 3 times
>try going for destroy transporter ending
>game still won't let me pick any scene other than transporter room or door of truth

jesus christ I must be retarded or something what the fuck do I do
>>
>>345055113
Watch all team executions like 2 times
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.