[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, is this game actually worth my time? I remember buying it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-wide.jpg (257 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-wide.jpg
257 KB, 1920x1200
So, is this game actually worth my time?
I remember buying it last year, but I gave up playing because slow progression of story and dull combat (+Bloodborne)
Should I give it another shot?
>>
>>345019005
Tbh, i love it. It gets me hard everytime i boot it up on steam. And i cum extremly hard when in load up my save game
>>
>>345019005
Probably. If you haven't played the earlier games, you won't have much investment and may not want to try again, but the game is good enough so that it's worth a shot.
>>
>>345019814
>>345019983
Thanks for the opinion. Might as well try it again.
>>
File: om76sET.gif (998 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
om76sET.gif
998 KB, 500x281
>>345019005
>witcher 3
>dull combat
>tfw never understand this kind
>>
>>345020326
i'm a diehard witcher fan but the enemies just feel too samey in 3
geralt himself is alright, has issues but it works, it's just that in the main game every enemy feels like a reskin
dlc's alleviated it a bit, but imagine if every contract monster had the effort that was put into bruxa/alp from b&w
>>
File: 1466491596281.gif (2 MB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
1466491596281.gif
2 MB, 208x200
>>345020326
It's the minutiae of Fred Durst and enemies are damage sponges. I think I'm honestly going to just lower difficulty just to experience the story but otherwise I don't care for combat at all in any of them.
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 395x513) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 395x513
Played it all and put 230 hours into it when it launched on PS4 last year.

Built a new PC, bought it again in the summer sale. Now I'm 77 hours in replaying it entirely(I also haven't played Blood and Wine so I have awesome new content waiting for me to cap it off.) Taking everything nice and slow.

I fucking LOVE this game. I played through all three Witcher games in a row last ear and replaying it again has made me love 3 even more.

That said, I'm doing something I would keep in mind to try. I turned off my minimap. It's pretty immersive without it.
>>
OP here. Was expecting the game hating /v/ meme, but seems i got some productive feedback. Feelz good.
>>
>>345021635
As long as you don't start the thread with "Witcher 3 is the greatest game of all time. Suck it bloodborne" the shitposting is usually pretty minimal.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 725x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 725x375
People don't even know who the REAL best girl is. The girl that's always at your side and will be there whenever you need her
>>
>>345019005

i had the same problem OP. started it, then put it down for a couple months and picked up where i left off. the game starts slow but once you complete a couple of the bigger quest lines it really gets addictive
>>
Which skill tree is the best? I'm playing death march and put all my points into alchemy and game is still pretty easy.
>>
>>345020761

will he ever fully unravel that bubblewrap??
>>
>>345019005
No. Don't buy into the /v/ circlejerk.

CDPR could kill their parents and they would still give adam a bj
>>
>>345019005
Definitely, I sunk over 145 hours into the game took a break and recently came back to it and sunk another 10 or more hours into it just destroying monster nests, bandit camps and the odd contract
>>
>>345022607
You dont need to worry about me bashing BB.
A bit off the topic, but Bloodborne was one of the most engaging games i ever played recently. I know its going to sound like a fanboy rant, but from lovecraftian influence to the neat victorian design and pretty cool combat, I really loved BB. Not to mention to superb DLC. Thinking back, it was probly BB the reason i put down witcher3...
>>
>>345023085
I doubt it man, like we'll never know how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.
>>
Its GOTY for 2015 and 2016
>>
I'm level 35, beat the main game and went straight to the Blood and Wine DLC.
How the fuck am I supposed to make money in this game?
What EXACTLY should I sell? I pick up all loot, especially monster loot.

I also explored all POIs in White Orchard, Velen, & Novigrad. Skellige seems way too tedious with all the ocean POI...Is it worth it?
>>
>>345025538
do witcher contracts and sidequests
>>
>>345022746
>he didn't play blood and wine
Enjoy being a fag
>>
>>345025834
I got the achievement for doing on the witcher contracts in the main game.
I spent 30k on the runewright and another 15k or so on my house in Toussiant.
Had 51k now I'm down to 7k.
Geralt is broke!
>>
Combat is boring because of repetitive monsters, they look different but it's all just doge once, attack twice, dodge once, attack twice, repeat ad nauseam. Good story. Good grafix. Shitty movement even with alt. movement enabled. Some glitches.

It's an average.
>>
is it just me or are leshens scary as fuck

easily the creepiest monster in the game
>>
Come on guys, how do I get a lot of fucking money?
What are some good items to sell?
>>
>>345022746
>"Let's go, Roach!"
>"Giddy-up!"
>"Faster, Roach!"
>"Wooah now.."
>>
>>345022746
>>345027696
Cumming so hard right now
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.