[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> mfw just received my first email from my internet provider
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: 1461465813092.jpg (99 KB, 970x990) Image search: [Google]
1461465813092.jpg
99 KB, 970x990
> mfw just received my first email from my internet provider about my torrenting
W-what the fuck? You told me this couldn't happen... that this was all a meme...

Fuck I can't risk it, I just want to play fucking games, not be a wanted criminal... I'm coming clean, when will YOU /v/???? If I just uninstall this game, they wont drop my service and come after me right?
>>
Nice try.
>>
>>345011890

they just send that shit so companies cant get on their ass for not saying anything.
>>
>>345011890
you'll be fine. there's nothing they can do.
>>
>>345012094
>there's nothing they can do.

Is there nothing they can't, nothing they won't do because they care more about anon's continued payment over a lawsuit that probably won't happen?
>>
>>345012212
Shut up retard
>>
They're not gonna drop you for that shit, because they know you'll just take your business to the hundreds of other ISPs out there. And if they DO drop you, you can just take your business to the hundreds of other ISPs out there.
>>
What the fuck are they gonna do? Turn off your internet? They don't want to lose a paying customer. They care more about your money than they do about copyright owners.

Call customer service and complain. They'll do anything to get you to stay, because their $8.50 an hour job depends on it.
>>
>>345012212
Why would they do? It is not the providers job to enforce you to obey law.
>>
File: 1455659409494.jpg (79 KB, 489x558) Image search: [Google]
1455659409494.jpg
79 KB, 489x558
>>345011890
I've been torrenting for 10 years and i've never had a problem with it. Where do you live?
>>
>>345011890
>sister downloading music
>gets caught
>they shutoff our internet until i convinced them it was a visitor that did so and they let me off the hook

that was close
>>
This has happened in some areas of europe, I think I've read some german anons post this on /sp/ during football match. The age of torrenting new games and music is coming to an end, but lets leave a mark. Don't buy anything you didn't demo/trial, if you can't play it 30 hours at least it probably isn't worth it. Basically just buy only indie games on steam (FTL) and forget this AAA crap (Witcher Fallout etc)
>>
>>345012604
You convinced who? Some moron in customer service?
>>
File: dell-dude.jpg (39 KB, 640x587) Image search: [Google]
dell-dude.jpg
39 KB, 640x587
>tfw live in Canada
>tfw no agency that gives a shit so it makes up for all the shittiness of living here
>>
>>345011890
What country do you live in?

If America, then ignore it. There's nothing they can do unless you're hosting it.
>>
>>345012781
I don't know, let me go back in time and ask who it was so you can know.
>>
>>345012987
Thanks. I'll be here.
>>
>>345012527
Is that josh or jon?
>>
Getting these """"""warnings"""" is a good sign.
Means your ISP is probably pretty secure since someone wants you to not use them.
>>
>>345012970
My bet is Sweden.
>>
>>345013087
jon is dummy
>>
definitely not

the isp does not have legal authority, and does not want legal authority

if they send me irritating messages I will simply stop sending them money. my own experience may decline in some way, but so will theirs
>>
>>345012970
>>345012527
>>345012212
>>345012094
>>345012063
> you wont get dropped or prosecuted for copyright infringement
How do you KNOW this and how can I trust you? As much as I want to believe you I don't want to hire a defendant when I get prosecuted
>>
>>345011890
>torrenting without a VPN
Oh no "paying to pirate". If you thought you wouldn't get caught for distributing pirated sofware, you got memed on son.
/v/ is full of useful advice on this like "lol didnt happen to me!" and "just reset ur modem bro"

Torrenting should be your last resort for piracy because it's the most dangerous. Find another way to pirate, find a """"free vpn"""" or just pay the vpn toll jew. Piratefags chose this future when they rejected darknet p2p in favor of easymode torrents.
>>
>2016
>nog using a VPN
Sure feels like summer in here.
>>
This is plebs get for supporting trillion dollar music/game industry with huge corps / suits protecting property / image of other big corps (artist is at the bottom, only the consumer cares about them). None of this is to protect the money artist gets, but the money the big company gets. None of this would happen if countries weren't so spineless and actually had some real laws that affect corps also and not only limit how a pleb can live his life.

This shit is crazy, and it's not going to get any better until the whole industry collapses
>>
>>345013218
people get notices in Sweden? I thought we were scot free when it came to that stuff.
>>
what the fuck does this really happen in the US

I'm literally torrenting 40GB/a day and viewing muh edgelord shit and my ISP never even emailed me
>>
>>345013874
things are changing in Sweden, whatever prior knowledge you have had about Sweden, about anything, is no longer valid.
>>
If anyone ITT thinks this never happens, it's happened to me twice

First time was downloading Halo 2 like 6 years ago, and this January again for Vampire Masquerade

Both times they throttled the internet harder than Robin Williams' neck and I had to basically threaten to cut my sub before they stopped bullshitting
>>
>>345013657
He has been spamming the same thread on /g/ for a few days now.
>>
>>345013516
I have gigs of music and I have downloaded terabytes of games over the years and I've never gotten in trouble.
In fact the company sent a couple of dudes to replace their router that died, free of charge.
>>
>>345012959
>I live in Canada woe is me

You guys have like 6 of the highest living index cities in the world and free healthcare, shut the fuck up
>>
>>345014185
Where you from though?
>>
>>345011890
They would turn off my internet til I called to get it turned back on when I torrented. Only site that would load is their main page with warning and phone number.

I called and complained. Said I only 'played xbox and watched netflix' and they apologized and fixed it. Happened 3 times then they quit. Its a scare tactic.
>>
>>345014250
Neogaf
>>
>>345014046
I hope you're not just an amerifat who reads and believes anything that goes in in cuckland and that you actually live here and know things about changing rules in ISPs that I don't
>>
>>345011890
Screenshot?
>>
File: 1461568247376.jpg (34 KB, 318x359) Image search: [Google]
1461568247376.jpg
34 KB, 318x359
>>345014213
>"free" healthcare
>good

Confirmed underage

T. someone who comes from a country with "free" healthcare
>>
>>345014516
I live in East Texas for reference.
>>
File: 1466822270986.png (863 KB, 600x502) Image search: [Google]
1466822270986.png
863 KB, 600x502
>>345011890
>his country doesn't have a net neutrality law
ayy
>>
>>345014894
So you don't know how much is sucks to not have free healthcare
>>
>>345012307
>Call center
>$8.50
No
>>
>>345012212
has more to do with the company your infringing upon having to prove it was you that stole it and not someone else on your IP address.
>>
>implying providers would want to lose money by turning in their customers

If they stopped providing internet for anybody who pirated a song they would literally be out of business
>>
>internet isn't working
>call internet fuckers to see what is wrong
>tell me they turned it off cause I torrented Prometheus movie
>oops lol
>he then enables my internet and tells me how to create a password protected folder to save torrents to so it won't happen again

what a god-tier bro
>>
>>345013516
Think about who is going after you, the government. These are the same people who claim they stop terror plots, can't keep the postal service running, can't fund education or healthcare, or even pass legislation which is their God damn job.

What makes you think they're going to waste their time on one kid who downloaded a video game? They're still trying to get Snowden.
>>
Your IP was taken from a pool from what you were torrenting, and your provider is somewhat obligated to inform you or shut down your internet until you give them a five minute call. It's so they can remain blame free. Your internet provider doesn't wanna lose your business.
Once this happens like 20 times they'll cancel your internet, but you won't be turned in or fined or anything.
>>
>>345015559
>cancel cable provider
>either no other provider in area or there is some fucking DSL company clinging to life

They have fucked with me multiple times, turning throttling off when I call and putting it back on a day later

They can get away with it
>>
>>345015559
Cable companies have legal monopolies. They can do as they wish.
>>
File: 1468358776812.jpg (57 KB, 818x600) Image search: [Google]
1468358776812.jpg
57 KB, 818x600
>>345016457
They really do. Google fiber is in a city near me. Praying it comes this way so I can drop Comshit.
>>
>>345011890
Just reply saying you're a heroin addict and you'll never hear from them again.
>>
>>345015189
Not him, but I'm a cardiac tech in a poorer Eastern province, and although it's better than getting caught uninsured in the states, the quality of care is dramatically worse than the States. The problem is further exasperated by healthcare professionals moving to the States or larger Canadian cities for drastically increased wages leaving a lot of rural areas starved of workers and forcing long hospital commutes, higher nurse and paramedic turn-over, nurses having too many patients, and paramedics spending too much time on calls on lengthy commutes.

The nurse problem is really bad, they fucking quit like crazy. I'm friends with quite a few and they'll quit as soon as their first contract expires so they can have Chad's baby and collect gubmint money for like 2 years.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.