[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Nier General/ Just finished endings A and B of this game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: NieR_Emil_SS2.png (883 KB, 1167x719) Image search: [Google]
NieR_Emil_SS2.png
883 KB, 1167x719
/Nier General/
Just finished endings A and B of this game.

Fuck you /v/ this game was so fucking good
Emil is best girl

Now I'm even more excited for NieR: Automata. Here's hoping the story, characters, and soundtrack is even half as good, as Nier's.

Should I go back and play the Drakengard games? I played the first one as a kid, but don't remember much from it and the 3rd one looks pretty alright.
>>
>>345004731
Yeah, play DoD1 if you have the patience. The story is crazy but the gameplay is a torture. DoD3 is great too.
>>
>>345004731
>General
>>>/vg/
>>
>>345005227
there are no generals for this game. I was just making it so people can talk about any of the Nier-esque games.

I don't even know if there ever was a general for this shit.
>>
>>345004731

Are you not going to get endings C and D?
>>
>I just ordered Nier from Amazon
>This shit seems right up my alley
>Nier Automata on the horizon, alongside P5

Aw yissss
>>
>>345005509
It seemed kind of a ballache to go back and get all the weapons when I didn't really care for the combat, at all.

I ended up watching a youtube video of them and crying regardless :(
>>
File: Nier Quest Guide.jpg (811 KB, 1000x2800) Image search: [Google]
Nier Quest Guide.jpg
811 KB, 1000x2800
>>345006092
Here's something to help you get the most out of the game. A lot of the sidequests are really boring, and or grindy, but help to make the characters feel more real, or give extra lore and background to the world.

This will help you figure out what is worth doing, and what is not.
>>
>>345006613

Thanks m8, people have told me the game is fetch-quest central (witch some quests being VITAL and the majority being pointless)

I have high hopes for the story, though ( and the soundtrack)
>>
>>345006782
The main story is well worth it. The problem is that loads of real interesting things that add to the overall feel of the world, or just the backstory of the world, are locked behind REALLY boring fetch/ mmo-tier side quests.

Do as much as you feel like doing. If you start getting bored of side quests, fuck it. Just don't bother and come back to them when you want. Don't let the side quests fuck you out of finishing the main story.

That guide is also pretty spoiler free. Only semi spoiler thing about it is that it'll give you a general idea of when the second part starts, but it's more or less obvious through general game-play and story sequences that something is going to happen.
>>
>>345005419
Don't call it general then otherwise you'll attract the /vg/ hating autists who'll derail your thread
>>
>>345007393
Noted.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.