[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you not excited for no man's sky?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10
File: 9Xi2zBF.jpg (321 KB, 751x404) Image search: [Google]
9Xi2zBF.jpg
321 KB, 751x404
Why are you not excited for no man's sky?
>>
>>345004215
but I am
>>
I hate games
>>
Spore 2.0
>>
'cos it'll suk
>>
>>345004513
ur mom 3.0
>>
Because it's a video game
>>
>>345004441
>>345004513
>>345004651
>>345004668
>>345004704

Almost worse than a website thou shall not be named.
>>
>>345004215
I'd rather just wait for it to go down to 20 dollars in a year or two. $60 seems steep for a procedural generated walking simulator. I'd like to be a space trucker tho
>>
>>345004215

Lack of professionalism, total failure at marketing what the fuck the game is, instead actively going out their way to do bad publicity, and being backed by Sony "If it's on PC too, graphics down the loo" Playstation makes it pretty convincing it's not honest towards consumers, at least for THEIR benefit.
>>
red flags the game
>>
>>345005053
>instead actively going out their way to do bad publicity
What?

Are you the same autist from last thread who was the only one bothered by Sean jokingly calling a hypothetic player "annoying"?
>>
>>345004215
Because. There doesn't seem to be much to be excited about.
I might pick it up some time after launch, see how it looks then.
>>
I'm still not sure that it's even a video game
>>
>>345005053
>and being backed by Sony "If it's on PC too, graphics down the loo" Playstation makes it pretty convincing it's not honest towards consumers, at least for THEIR benefit.

Source?
>>
>>345005272
You fly around the universe, you survive, you shoot things on foot and in a space ship, you can trade and interact with npcs and the goal is to get to the center of the universe.

How is it not a game?
>>
>Can explore the entire universe
>literally millions of lightyears away from any civilization
>they give you a gun
>if you shoot it the space police somehow know and teleport in and kill you

What a shitty game
>>
Because all information about it is extremely vague.All I see is articles about how their one million different locations or whatever but I still don't know what you actually do apart for exploring.
>>
>>345005648
https://repo.nmsdb.info/
Does that helps?
>>
>more planets than actually exist in our galaxy
That's why.

"So big you will never, ever explore even the tiniest fraction of it all" and "Relies entirely on procedural generation with a few dozen variables to populate the universe with creatures and biomes that will inevitably start feeling samey" are not selling points
>>
>>345005735
Actually it does.
Thanks.
>>
>>345004215
What do you even DO?
>>
>people are still falling for the procedurally generated meme
>>
>>345004215
I am. There's no way I'm buying it day 1 what with the potential lack of content, but space exploration has always been my dream and if the reviews are decent I'm all in
>>
I am a minecraft player and very very gentleman yes yes :-) but but but but but you can call me Minecraft Call of Duty super Asia 2069 14 stupid okay okay okay okay but okay I speak only English so levesa Minecraft House night you know you like it is yes yes oh my god DP slash game girl. I wanted to 345 FFA fucking stupid yo yo yo yo.com Android no hay conexión minecraft play ok soñar que usted toma YouTube YouTube YouTube channel y cotizo pulso novovic stupid you what you want what what what what what what what are you stupid stupid.. d
>>
This love has taken it's toll on me.
>>
>>345006049
You could be using Space Engine or "playing" Elite Dangerous right now
>>
>>345005529
>>if you shoot it the space police somehow know and teleport in and kill you

That's not true, most planets will not have guardian bots so you're free to do as you want.
>>
>Paying 60 dollars for a video game
>>
>>345005053
Are you really the kind of retard that believes a company should only talk shit about their product? Are you a literal retarded child?
>>
>>345006157
i do have space engine
>>
>Most planets will not have life

>It is estimated that 90% of planets will not have any form of life on them at all

>Of the 10% of planets that have life, 90% of those will be boring and primitive

>This means the lush garden worlds that have more evolved lifeforms will be rare, and more valuable

Cool, i was starting to feel as if there was TOO much activity going on all while losing the feeling of being lost in space alone.
>>
>>345006157
Elite Dangerous is only getting worse with each update, why the fuck would you even recommend it to anyone?
>>
>>345005529
that's like saying the police in gta5 make the game shitty and unfun
>>
>>345005920
From what I can get from >>345005735
It's basically one of those Crafting/Survival games that are really popular in the indie scene right now.

But you don't get to make a base which is disheartening. The main gimmick is that it takes place in a randomly computer generated galaxy which written down sounds cool but computers can randomly generate the same tools over and over before it begins to feel samey.

It's going to need ALOT of bare bones stuff to begin with if they want each planet to truly be distinct.
>>
>>345006418
Then just imagine you're doing some tedious grinding and shooting colourful dinosaurs while you play it, same thing
>>
>>345006553
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
I'm not excited because it seems like the kind of game with very shallow mechanics but different glosses of paint. Like exploring the galaxy has no meaning to find animals and stuff if there isn't a greater goal to catching them all.
>>
>>345006538
They do, though.
>>
>>345006696
he has a point though
>>
>Technology can be crafted that allows the player to hack computer terminals like a docking computer to steal a ship or a control panel to bypass a locked door.

>Your ship is equipped with a hyperdrive to allow FTL travel between solar systems and planets

>Your hyperdrive requires fuel in order to work. If you run out of fuel mid-jump your ship will stop

>The hyperdrive is fuel by certain resources. Some of these can be obtained by mining asteroids in space, others can be obtained on planets. Fuel is also available to purchase in space stations
>>
>>345004215
If I can chill in a cozy space ship in a gentle orbit around a planet, I'm sold. I am not hard to please.
>>
>>345007038
Shitposting never has a point, you should learn to express your opinions without looking like a braindead retard
>>
reminds me of a slavshit game called Space Rangers tbph
>>
File: 1468193123248.png (173 KB, 349x446) Image search: [Google]
1468193123248.png
173 KB, 349x446
>>345004215
I don't understand the allure of an interactive screen saver.
>>
i just want to be mad max in space.
>>
>>345007053
>There will be PvP

>There are many alien races throughout the galaxy. Throughout the rest of this Information Repository these Non-Player Characters will be referred to as 'NPCs'

>Some NPCs might make themselves available to trade with the player. At first this may prove difficult, as they will speak a different language

>Trading with an NPC will make that alien race like you more. The better your relationship with a race, the better loot you will get from them

>It is entirely possible for a planet to be entirely covered in water or sand

>Water will flow into holes that are dug. It is unknown whether that flow will affect the height of water in other places

>Land formation will float in the air in dug out from underneath, much like in the game Minecraft. This allows for floating formations to appear on some planets
>>
>>345007053
>The exact same shitty model as Starbound

Why would I be excited for that? It wasn't fun in Starbound and it won't be fun here.
>>
>>345007340
>PvP in a single player game
how?
>>
File: 300px-A8FiwoB.png (54 KB, 300x262) Image search: [Google]
300px-A8FiwoB.png
54 KB, 300x262
>>345007340
>The player's multitool can be used as a weapon

>Various upgrades can increase the amount of damage dealt, or what types of damage the tool deals

>Like with ships, different types of weapons will do different types of damage

>Lasers are good at melting shields, while plasma is good at eating away at a hull. These are the main weapon types that have been seen so far, there may be others

>Projectile weapons will use ammunition
>>
>>345006073
The Chinese botnet cometh
>>
>>345007508
>The overarching goal of the game is to reach the center of the starting galaxy

>There will be a reason to keep playing after the center is reached, but it will also make a good 'completion' point

>There are no directed quests. All gameplay is up to the player

>Within each system there is a single big event that is important to that could will change that system for everyone. You can choose whether or not you want to do that>The overarching goal of the game is to reach the center of the starting galaxy

>There will be a reason to keep playing after the center is reached, but it will also make a good 'completion' point

>There are no directed quests. All gameplay is up to the player

>Within each system there is a single big event that is important to that could will change that system for everyone. You can choose whether or not you want to do that
>>
>>345007124
>I just want to orbit a planet
>for $60 (sixty american dollars USD)
>>
>>345007701
>There are different types of space station. Different shapes indicate the quality of items inside

>While space stations can be attacked, they can not be destroyed. This is to prevent players from getting stuck in a system without being able to buy a new ship

>When you land in the bays of a station, you can get out and browse for tradable cargo, or have a look at new ships

>What you can buy is dependent of the other ships that are docked there
>>
because it looks disgusting
>>
>>345007868
>The player is equipped with several tools

>The multitool is one of the most important devices. It allows the player to mine resources, as well as attack any foes they come across

>The backpack is used to store items. You must be careful not to overload yourself, especially when far away from your ship

>A flashlight can be used when in dark places. This could be at night, in caves, or even underwater

>The player must earn a jetpack to be able to use one. Once earned, it can be upgraded as part of your suit

>You can make a set of binoculars, which allows you to see things at a distance and mark them on your compass at the top of the screen
>>
>>345008013
>There will be buildings that can be found on planets

>There might be groups of buildings, but they will not be very large

>Sean stated that the groups of buildings would be more like the first three Star Wars films, rather than the later ones with cities

>>345007463

>While it does feature multiplayer, it does not affect gameplay at all. The offline experience will be almost exactly the same as the online experience

>Friends will show on the galactic map

>You will be able to see other players
>>
Can I play as Daft Punk as well or is he an NPC?
>>
It should also be noted that there's still a lot that has not been shown according to Hello Games.
>>
>>345004215
I am it's going to be simply incredible. First thing I am going to do is join a pirate federation and ransack the entire sector until I have enough money to build my own fleet. Perform a coop and then become leader of the biggest pirate galaxy ever and literally terrorize all the players I find if I find any, eventually I will have a fleet as big as two galaxy's having people coming to me to ask for favors as I lead an empire in space.

Who hype here?
>>
>>345007321
I just want to be Firefly.
>>
>>345008702
>I have enough money to build my own fleet.

i don't think you can do this
>>
>Minimum Specs: Windows 7, i3 Processor, 8GB Memory (RAM), nVidia GTX 480 (or equivalent), 10 GB Storage
>>
>>345008961
Yes you can, you can do literally anything you want in this game, the galaxy is at your fingertips. I already pre-ordered.
>>
>>345009572
>Yes you can, you can do literally anything you want in this game, the galaxy is at your fingertips.

Nice attempt at trying to be clever but they never advertised it as this.
>>
>>345007701
>Reach the center of the starting galaxy

Hang on, Spore had that. And like 2 other space games whose names I can't remember. I don't get it, why do people always like going to the centre of space?

God now I want to play Spore again.
>>
>>345009668
>not making your own fleet and conquering the galaxy

HAHAHAHAHAHA look at this faggot.
>>
>>345009738
>tfw i actually liked spore
>>
>>345004215
Because I heard about their viral campaign where they go on social media sites to promote their game and create hype.
>>
>>345010413
so you're not excited for a game because they're trying to advertise it?
>>
File: 1467404166884.png (321 KB, 480x650) Image search: [Google]
1467404166884.png
321 KB, 480x650
>>345008013
>sounds like 3D starbound
J . U . S . T
>>
>>345010586
I'm excited to find waifu's to travel around in the galaxy in, even lose some along the way and then lay vengeance in my path as I reclaim their honor.

HYPE
>>
>>345005735
Thanks
>>
File: 1443726788144.jpg (13 KB, 540x296) Image search: [Google]
1443726788144.jpg
13 KB, 540x296
>>345010259
>>
File: 1462144569604.jpg (53 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1462144569604.jpg
53 KB, 403x403
>>345004215
The exploration looks nice but it's missing pretty much everything else I expect out of a nice Space Sim. Also the Multiplayer being pure garbage is pretty much a no-buy.
>>
>>345011025
>The exploration looks nice but it's missing pretty much everything else I expect out of a nice Space Sim.

Like what?
>>
>>345004215
1. Land and observe the environment swiftly.
2. Gather whatever resource/fuel is required to progress in the game.
3. Leave for another planet.
4. Leave and observe the environment swiftly, only now there are slight variations to what you encountered previously.
5. Repeat these steps """""infinitely""""" and try to get amusement out of it somehow.

I feel like it will be really hard to enjoy this game for any extended or even brief period of time.
Ironically in contrast to scope of the game's """""infinite""""" space, it really just looks like scope of the game itself is relatively minor while still having gotten ridiculous amounts of marketing and press coverage since the game's core concepts and buzzwords related to it have resonated well with test groups and previous marketing as far as marketing is concerned.

It really looks to me like it's ultimately going to be nothing but a relatively small gimmick game all things considered. Not necessarily bad or terrible, but almost certainly not all that and almost certainly something to grow quite thin as soon as the novelty of the gimmick wears off. So I do hope they won't treat it like some kind of supposed AAA $60 title when it's actually time to launch the game. I do think that there might be an enjoyable game in there somewhere, even if just briefly. So everyone treating it like this extraordinary and gigantic will likely misrepresent it which would be kind of sad.
>>
New trailer if you didn't see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AVmI73va4g
>>
>/v/ doesn't like good games
>Evidence is shown over and over

So NMS is pretty good then?
>>
>>345004961
So play elite dangerous then. At least that is an online space aim.
>>
>>345011298
I'll be honest when I say I haven't read much about it recently so I'm sure I'm wrong. I really would have liked to see management of your own stations and posts. The trading doesn't look like anything special at all. I haven't heard shit about crafting so I don't even know if it's there. Combat actually looks alright but I feel like there is better out there.

I think overall my biggest disappointment is the whole Multiplayer thing. Love playing Space Sims with friends and this game makes it sound like thats such a pain in the ass.
>>
>>345011609
Feels like most if not all trailers have been

>Flying around
>Brag about how many planets there are
>Land on planet
>Walk around looking at shit
>Rarely see some action
>End gameplay/trailer

I'm not falling for it.
>>
>>345004215
Nothing because I'm not a shitmunching drone.
>>
File: 3WrVn.jpg (212 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3WrVn.jpg
212 KB, 1920x1080
>>345007296
i do
>>
>>345007701
I wonder what those "big events" are

any idea ?
>>
>>345012238
Fuck this was meant for

>>345011565
>>
>>345012424
ur mum flies in
>>
>>345004215
It's not exciting
>>
/v/ isn't excited for no mans sky but is excited for kingdom come: deliverance
even though both will be huge disappointments, bigger than spore ever was
>>
>>345004215
I don't get excited for anything. Because if I keep my expectations low it'll be no harm done if the game's bad but a great surprise if it's good.
>>
File: 1317673959484.jpg (130 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1317673959484.jpg
130 KB, 500x700
>>345011352
Looks like it would get boring in a couple hours, seriously. You go to a planet and do what, scan shit look at shit, do what? Collect some garbage on the surface, get bored, and move on to the next randomly generated shit heap.

Where's the lasting appeal?
>>
I'd be amazed if the algorithm for procedural generation weren't so fucking subpar and bare-bones. All the planets they've shown so far were really boring and samey low hills, flat terrain, tiny ponds. I would want gargantuan differences between planets, at least most of them. Like one planet could be like swiss cheese with huge tunnel systems inside it. Or you could drill so deeply that you can fall into a a magma cave like in the movie The Core where they are stranded inside this big crystal bubble beneath the crust of the planet. Then on another one you could have a super thick atmosphere, endless clouds on which you can build castles and shit. Just phantasmagoric stuff, but the small scale will never allow this. You jump in your ship and zip into space instantly. Shit's boring as fuck.
>>
>>345012424
One of the first trailers had a fleet of traders ships being attacked by pirates, it looked pretty big.
>>
>>345004215
Because being BIG isn't enough to carry a game.
>>
>>345013189
Then play a proper fleet command game instead. Sins of a Solar Empire would crush this piece of shit in terms of mechanics and actual enjoy ment
>>
>>345007340
$60 for a game that can't make shit fall when you dig under it?
>>
>>345013445
Why are you suddenly shitting on the game mate, I was just answering a question.
>>
File: 1468439358073.png (710 KB, 576x864) Image search: [Google]
1468439358073.png
710 KB, 576x864
>>345013749
>suddenly
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.