[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Man's Sky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
New NMS trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AVmI73va4g

In b4:
>what do you even do
>only 6 gigs
>no multiplayer
>>
Looks like they increased the textures quite a bit. I'll at least give them credit for that. The soundtrack is pretty nice too.
>>
>>344996090
Look like the other videos will focus on fighting, trading and surviving, that's pretty cool, people were complaining about the lack of focus on thoses elements in the marketing.

Nice video too.
>>
Nobody cares about this shit anymore. Please release it already and let the vidya community move on to something better.
>>
>>344996341
>>344997440

The first 2 comments aren't from turbospergs yelling "ITS SHIIIIIIT" just because

I'm impressed.
>>
File: 1448559765946.jpg (95 KB, 676x676) Image search: [Google]
1448559765946.jpg
95 KB, 676x676
>they STILL didn't show what you do
>>
The no crafting/building is what really killed the game. That at least would keep a faithful playerbase like minecraft.
Also unless someoenes very good at math/Computer science, some worlds will be just slightly reskinned worlds
>>
>>344997968
ITS SHIIIIIIIIT

there, happy now ?
>>
>>344998034
DELET
>>
>>344998069
What killed it for me was the no multiplayer part. Exploring is great and all, but it's better to explore with your best mate than alone.
>>
>>344996090
Looks pretty, shame it has no real substance. I might pick it up on sale, but in all likelihood I'll have forgotten about it.

Who knows, it might end up having amazing mod support and become so much more because of the autistic fan base. Then it might fix my only real issue with the game, the lack of meaningful content.
>>
>>344996090

If everything is randomized and limitless does that mean there is a chance of finding a planet full of loli Aliens?
>>
>>344998139
I wasn't complaining tho, it's nice to see there's still people here who neither circlejerk ala Reddit nor hope for the game to crash and burn because they don't like it.
>>
>>344998034
It will be some utterly tedious shit they added in just to make it more 'video gamey'.

Like the combat sections in Deadly Premonition or something.
>>
File: kool-aid-like-jimmy-jones[1].jpg (51 KB, 373x375) Image search: [Google]
kool-aid-like-jimmy-jones[1].jpg
51 KB, 373x375
>>344996090
>IT'S GONNA BE SO AMAZING GUYS!!!!!! YOU'LL SEE!!!!!!
>YOU'LL SEE!!!!!!!!
>>
>>344998329
If they included the variables that allow for lolis to begin with, sure.
But I doubt it. You're better off exploring sad panda galaxy for that.
>>
Wonder what the other videos would be. I mean it's easy to make an "exciting" trailer of 2 minutes about exploration, you just find some good-looking planet and record yourself flying around a bunch of them, but how the fuck do you make a good trailer about "trading"?
>>
File: nms ship hud.png (2 MB, 1914x1076) Image search: [Google]
nms ship hud.png
2 MB, 1914x1076
Look like ships actually have functionable huds.
>>
>>344996090

>limitless variety

Somehow I fucking doubt that.
>>
>>344998034
They've already said the main goal is to get to the center of the galaxy
>>
File: nms assymetrical ship.png (249 KB, 795x530) Image search: [Google]
nms assymetrical ship.png
249 KB, 795x530
>>345000128
Assymetrical ships confirmed, neato
>>
>>344998034
I imagine the game is like an open world Pokemon Snap, where you just go around observing life and planets and shit.
>>
File: 1379631266422.gif (559 KB, 300x203) Image search: [Google]
1379631266422.gif
559 KB, 300x203
If I can't tame the creatures and adventure with my 2 legged raptor wife. NO BUY.
>If the the game won't let me practice virtual beastility then i'm pirating it
>>
>In b4
>>
File: LaughingAnimals.png (216 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
LaughingAnimals.png
216 KB, 393x391
>Video has the player ship literally clipping through an asteroid
>>
>procedural
>can't affect the planets in any way
>universe is static and unchanging
>you just hop from planet to planet playing shitty minecraft in space
>so you can get a better ship
>to hop to another planet
>to play shitty minecraft in space
>>
>>345001802

This, plus
>Big chunk of the video is just rapidly going through clips like it's trying to give you a quick seizure
That and making the screen go black every other frame in other trailers to make them seem "epic", I really fucking wish they'd stop that.
>>
>>344999456
I'd say maybe make a sort of story out of it like have a narrative but I doubt they can pull that off with this game
>day 1 got the cargo and shit this is gonna be easy money
>day 2 OH SHIT PIRATES
>day 3 WHOO SURVIVED BUT OH SHIT SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH MY SHIP FROM THE FIGHT
>day 4 finally made it got the cash, cut to game name
>>
>>345002518
Yeah it might be something like this. From collecting the mineral on a planet to pirates attacking you to you getting paid.
>>
>>344999456
Dunno but I just hope trading and economy are as good as the X series
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.