[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does anyone still play this or has everyone moved onto Overwatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: SI_WiiU_Splatoon.jpg (443 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
SI_WiiU_Splatoon.jpg
443 KB, 1000x500
So does anyone still play this or has everyone moved onto Overwatch now?
>>
Are you really so ignorant as to be missing the fire storm that is the upcoming Splatfest? People have never stopped playing Splatoon.
>>
>>344982209
>fire storm

>literally nobody talking about it
>>
>>344982291

After a certain amount of time, everyone takes their shit to /vg/ generals.

/v/ is mainly for shitposting.
>>
I still play it
It's fun and I have friends that also play it.
I keep finding things to save my ass every once in a while
Whenever I end up in a situation where I'm gonna die after my shield runs out I superjump to my base or someone in a safe area
>>
>>344981943
I fell out for a bit, but i heard the next splatfest is the last, so im playing and preping for it
>>
So what stages did you guys vote to fight in the last Splatfest?
>>
>>344981943

i still play every now and then, i've been trying to work my way up ranked. splatoon is a great pick-up-and-play game when you want to play something action-oriented but still pretty chill. every time i decide to play it, i end up dumping 3+ hours in one sitting. it's a very unique game.
>>
>>344981943
I moved on after played it for 3 hours, it's just that boring.
>>
>>344982926
Port Mackerel.

I will murder anyone who voted for Moray Towers.
>>
>>344984054
Wait
What wrong with Moray Towers?
I know the whole going down and then up thing kinda fucks with shit, but what specifically is so terrible about it?
>>
>i have lost interest in this game
>IT'S DEAD GUYS

lol
>>
>>344981943
A lot of people still play it.
Turf war
Ranked matches
Sqaud battles.

It takes no more than a minute to find a full lobby. Usually less
>>
File: RagingHormones_u18chan.png (56 KB, 328x410) Image search: [Google]
RagingHormones_u18chan.png
56 KB, 328x410
>>344984383
The stage was unique for the fact it was more vertical than horizontal, and I liked it. The thing with Moray is that chargers are heavily valued there. I remember when before Moray was changed, once a charger positioned his place, nobody could take the middle territory. THREE FUCKING CHARGERS IN ENEMY TEAM?

I almost dropped the game because of that, and I'm glad they fixed the stage by adding more terrain to step. I know it was a matter of skill and git gud, but still, it was really no-fun-allowed and annoying.
>>
>>344985032
It helps to swim while unnoticed
If you tilt the stick forward a bit you'll move, but not fast enough to make ripples in the ink
E liters are worse since the custom one comes with a fucking beacon
>>
>>344985547
Yeah, there's Ninja Squid for that. The problem is you can't swin to middle terrain once it's covered with enemy ink.

There's also others ways to counter theses fuckers, like Inkooza, Inkstrike and Killer Wall.

>E liters are worse since the custom one comes with a fucking beacon
I think they are worse not because of the Beacons (in fact, they don't EVEN use them), but because they have the panic-button super ability aka Kraken. It's really annoying, and I don't mind Kraken (plus Bubbler) being nerfed even more.
>>
>>344982926
You vote for which stages are picked?

Also I guess Port Mackarel since that's better for short-range ambush weapons, I haven't had a map in saltspray rig in ages, and I don't think I've ever got the piranha one
>>
File: 1402607989357.png (757 KB, 1296x1186) Image search: [Google]
1402607989357.png
757 KB, 1296x1186
Splatoon is more viable as a competitive game than Overwatch is. Let that sink in.
>>
>>344981943
I hacked my Wii U so I can´t play it anymore.
>>
>>344987410
That's the reason I opted to not hack my Wii U.
>>
>>344987410
What? It's a software mod, and not even one you need to install in the console hardware. Why wouldn't you be able to play online anymore?
>>
>>344987410
>>344987581
You can still play online. The exploits you guys are using in internet browser are temporary, and don't affect the Wii U's NAND.
>>
>>344987716
No, I am just using the exploit, but if you want to avoid Nintendo from updating your console (and blocking the exploit) you have to deny them access to your console, which means blocking nintendo´s servers using a custom DNS.
>>
>>344985032
>brogulls macros

Damn, it's really catching on.

Of yeah, and Overwatch can suck mad dicks.
>>
>>344987876
Then stop using the custom DNS, and start using it again if you want to avoid updating.

Though I don't think they'll release any more updates, unless they release one with Zelda U.
>>
>>344988032
>Though I don't think they'll release any more updates, unless they release one with Zelda U

You are probably right, once the NX is out they probably won´t even look at the Wii U.
>>
>>344987876
Actually, using the custom DNS to block the forced updates and games' updates only serves for that. You can still play online while having a custom DNS.
>>
>>344988254
Yeah, but I think what he meant is that you'll have to choose between pirating or playing online if an update comes out.
>>
>>344987190
They sent an email asking what stages you'd like to play on
You can only vote for one
>>
>>344981943
Overwatch has no playable loli so no.
>>
>>344981943
I enjoy playing it from time to time, just odd that it seems like I'm pair mostly with japanese players these days.
>>
File: 1467800548989.jpg (23 KB, 267x386) Image search: [Google]
1467800548989.jpg
23 KB, 267x386
I played a lot, up until I reached level 23 or so, then my interest dwindled. I still played occasionally, though, and at least tried to tune in to every splatfest.
Started playing a lot more when the last splatfest was announced, though.
Speaking of the last splatfest, which team did you anons pick?
I picked Callie.
>>
>>344992814
Superior taste my friend.
>>
>>344992814
>>344993048
I did the other one because I like deadpan humour
>>
>>344992814
Marie
I like both though
>>344993294
Same
I like green too so that's a plus
>>
l stopped playing once l reached s+

must have put around 400 hours into the game, didn't regret it
>>
>>344981943
Been back to it after a whole year, so there's a lot to catch up with. I also had to change my playing style since I moved from the 96 to the 52 gal deco. It has been fun, but I wish I wasn't matched with japs every time. It isn't as bad at 8 PM - Midnight but still one out of three matchs that I play have japs disconnecting. Not to mention that it's always a lose-lose situation when you play them. Either I shoot them four times (the gal deco kills with two or three shots max.) and they survive, or I kill them just to be killed by the ghosts of their lost ancestors.

Also, fuck the /vg/ thread. It's full of waifufaggotry. I remember when the game released and people from there would exchange NNIDs to get together and play. Today if you do that nobody answers to you.
>>
File: asston.jpg (14 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
asston.jpg
14 KB, 512x512
>>344995579
Oh shit wrong thread
>>
>>344982412
This, no one talks about vidya on /v/ any more. Only reason Overwatch is the exception is because it's a new meme game for everyone to flounder over.
>>
So what kind of player are you?
Are you the bait that keeps 2 of the other teams players screwing around trying to get you?
Or do you just go in to kill them?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.