[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EVOLVE Stage 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 22
Evolve is fun, but I am bad. Well, as a monster at least.

Anyone wanna share some tips and talk about EVOLVE Stage 2?

I can put out decent damage, but I always fail to focus on the right target. I just have no clue which of these tiny lil' hunters swarming me is the medic. I already turned on icons, but I don't see any icons on screen... I don't see anything indicating who's who.
>>
>>344975849
Aren't monsters incredibly op? That's what I've heard.
And I watched a guy stream, he was on a 15+ winning streak, and didn't want to lose it, so he just left the lobby if someone else preferred monster, because he didn't want to risk.
>>
It's shit and unbalanced. Waste your time on something else.
>>
File: 20160713230823_1.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160713230823_1.jpg
399 KB, 1920x1080
Crow master race.
>>
>>344976112
I've heard that hunters always win instead, and the only hope of monsters is running like a bitch for the whole time. I guess the game is actually balanced in hunters vs monsters since there are so many conflicting opinions.
>>
the medic always has a blue name. trapper is green, support is yellow, assault is red. focus medic > support > trapper > assault. unless its rouge val. then support > trapper > medic > assault.
>>
>>344976215
I went from massive lose streaks to massive win streaks after the update.
>>
File: 1435537928139.png (498 KB, 577x573) Image search: [Google]
1435537928139.png
498 KB, 577x573
>>344976391
Thank you! That will be so helpful!
>>
>>344976215
>running like a bitch for the whole time
It's not that, the game is rather fast paced and matches don't drag on very long.
Basically, as a monster, you've gotta prioritize farm as soon as you spawn and try to reach at least Stage 2 before you get caught. If you don't it's not a death sentence, if you play defensively or hunters aren't acting as a team.
But ideally as soon as the dome is gone, you've gonna split and farm again.
You're most vulnerable at the early game, at Stage 3 you should be able to wreck the hunters' shit.
Also, when the dome is ready, you might want to try and let them "trap" you in a spot on the map that is advantageous for you.
>>
>>344976215
basically heres how it works.

un coordinated, unfamiliar/experienced pubs get fucked by monsters easily. coordinated hunters fuck the monster pretty hard.

the game demands experience and cooperation from the hunters or they'll more than likely lose.
>>
File: 1380673576730.png (102 KB, 321x326) Image search: [Google]
1380673576730.png
102 KB, 321x326
I really enjoy how dynamic the balancing can feel at times. At the beginning of a match, the monster is weak and wimpy. It gotta run, stealth and farm. Even though the monster is vulnerable, the pressure is on the hunters to do some good damage or even kill the monster because it evolves. If it evolves, the game is suddenly really balanced. Combat encounters can go each way. Then the pressure changes towards the monster, because it may be running out of time to complete the objectives. Finally, at stage 3, the monster can overpower the hunters or simple destroy the power relay. Whose being pressured now depends on how the teams played the game until then.

It's a real power struggle and I love it. So exciting.
>>
>>344976215
A good monster will shit on any random stack. A coordinated 2 stack + randoms will beat most monsters, and a coordinated 4 stack is like fucking impossible to beat after the changes.

Its extremely rare to get stage 2 before they find you and dome you. You have to fight stage 1 so often and its very hard to even win those vs random pubbies
>>
How's Kraken?
>>
>>344976992
the objective best monster in the game.
>>
>>344977006
I thought Goliath was the best monster ingame? At least in the hands of a competent player?
>>
>>344976992
Wouldn't know, I've just seen Meteor Goliath's.
>>
>>344977082

Meteor Goliath is absurdly overpowered even at stage 1 compared to other monsters for effort spent.
>>
>>344977082
you cant beat being high in the air and forcing the assault to use his less damaging but long range weapon and cutting out all offensive deployables. i cant list the characters he fucks over simply by being in the air.
>>
>>344977115
I've seen Meteor Goliaths and Gorgons.
And if the monster picks Wraith the hunters just leave the game, so nobody picks it in the first place because it's TOO op.
>>
>>344977163
can list*
>>344977180
wraith main here. most people i've played against in the past 8 hours of gameplay i did today stuck around. that being said i still got a good amount that either bitched in all chat or left.
>>
I was browsing the game's menues and when I clicked "store" I was surprised to find no microtransactions. I was expecting that now that Evolve is f2p, they'd give you the ability to buy and unlock stuff. But apparently, you can only earn silver keys by actually playing the game. Which is amazing.

I mean, Evolve was pretty hyped prior to release. And then it immediately died on release, because they asked full retail price PLUS day 1 DLC and it wasn't even just skins when I remember correctly but actual content. Everybody wanted to play Evolve, but nobody wanted to spend 100+$s.

And now after this major fuck-up, they don't just correct their mistake by either making the game f2p + microtransactions OR have you buy the game but then give you all content for free, but instead it's just ALL FREE NOW! They went completely in the other direction and I think that's just insane. Has any developer ever done this?
>>
>>344977343
I guess some people do learn from their mistakes.
>>
>>344976112
Monsters only have an advantage due to pubs.
If anyone on your side is a retard, you lose. There's only 1 chance for an idiot to connect when playing monster, but 4 for the hunters.
>>
>>344977343
TRS said they woudl rather focus on getting this right on their last chance before focusing on a microtransaction system. its coming though.

also on launch the game only had cosmetic DLC on day 1. you could only pre-order the extra content.
>>
File: 1466127148205.jpg (27 KB, 599x459) Image search: [Google]
1466127148205.jpg
27 KB, 599x459
>>344976658
>let them "catch" me near the acid pool
>push them all in with charge, beat the fuck out of them
>no food, lvl 1 victory
>>
What are the best perks/characters to invest in early on?
>>
You wanna know how to really fuck up a monster player's day?
Go Bucket and put on Poisonous and Acidic rounds. Place all your turrets in good positions. Enjoy your second Assault and face-melting the monster's armour and HP.
>>
>>344977343
>because they asked full retail price PLUS day 1 DLC and it wasn't even just skins when I remember correctly but actual content.

You remember wrong. The only DLC it had day 1 was skins, and unlock shortcuts to avoid unlocking shit in game.

People just were spreading misinfo about day 1 DLC (passing off the season passes as being shit that you got day 1 it actually being stuff that didn't come out till later you were just paying for in advance) because /v/ depeserately wanted tortantic 2.0
>>
I lost my 33 win streak yesterday.
>>
>>344977858
medic - caira, emet, rouge val

support - hjank, tech hank, bucket, sunny.

trapper - maggie, griffin, crow, jack if you have friends to play with.

assault - blitz markov, lennox, hyde.

hunter perks - afterburner, lithium/bohrium battery, rocketman/lord/king, for a standard. others depending on who you're playing.

monster perks - i use hunger/brawler, traversal regen, ability recharge. i know some goliaths have been stacking damage reduction. i might be looking into it since i main wraith.
>>
>>344978359
i lost my 43 win streak because i evolved too close to a tree and couldnt apply points and thus couldnt move and was forced to disconnect, losing my win streak either way.
>>
File: 1467710452958.gif (323 KB, 192x256) Image search: [Google]
1467710452958.gif
323 KB, 192x256
>>344975849

How can you unbalance a game all over again like this is beyond me. I hope Turtle Rock studios eat shit.

It's like they didn't sell the very SAME FUCKING GAME FOR THE LAST YEAR.

Fuck I so mad
>>
Monster is fucknig gay, there is ZERO possibility to escape decent hunters with Goliath.

In the beta you could actually use stealth, but now Hunters get a wallhack every 30 seconds, Monster is just no fun unless you go Wraith and just roflstomp everything
>>
File: 1452221934377.jpg (322 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452221934377.jpg
322 KB, 1280x720
>>344978916
>>344976123
Excuse me, but when you say the game is "unbalanced", do you mean it favors the hunters or the monster?
>>
>>344979413
Aren't the monsters now a lot tougher? I was flying around as Kraken last night, got caught in a dome and I kept getting this message about how my armour was channeling or something. I was having fire focused on me from every direction and I never felt in danger.
>>
Didn't everyone hate this game before it went F2P? In fact, people were joking that it might have to go F2P due to the low player count. Fucking hypocrites.
>>
>>344979797
The game itself was decent, it was just overshadowed by horrible PR, shitty DLC business practices and exuberantly overpriced editions of the game at launch.
>>
>>344979797
>hating something when you have to pay money for it, and pay money for extra things they plan on release
>liking something when its free
i wonder what the change was
it was probably that the number of dicks you suck increased by several dozen, but it might be other things
>>
>>344976193
my niqqa
>>
>>344980006
>>344980056
I distinctively remember people complaining how asymmetric teams can't possibly work and that was the main reason the game failed, how unbalanced everything is and so on and so forth
>>
File: Never.gif (5 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
Never.gif
5 KB, 500x300
I hope they do something about the sneaking side of monster. Its so fucking infurating to have any form of stealth/jukes just ignored because some chucklecunt used his uav in a map the size of a cunting ballpit.
I was watching gameplay to learn how to play, the the guy was fucking hiding in bushes and sneaking and shit, only got domed once, just before he evolved.
If I try literally anything but "spend all your traversals in one direction", i'll get caught. If i catch them coming my way and hide in a bush, waiting for them to pass, they'll walk straight past me then remember "wait i have the planetary no fun button" and realise they literally walked past me, with no consequence for playing poorly and noticing. Sneaking is utterly fucking obsolete, who's looking for tracks when they get a planet scan every 30 seconds?
At very least they could reward me for getting the jump on someone as a 50ft flaming fuck, but no, i get a glitchy-ass pounce that's so unreliable im better of giving them a light 20 damage slap with my 10m monster claw that weighs 200x more than the hunter themself.
>>
>>344976391
To add to the "don't focus rogue val" point, if there's a Hank he's usually your #1 priority to kill
>>
>>344977223
How does it feel to be a skilless faggot playing a broken monster?
>>
>>344976992
pretty strong if your aim is good
>>
>>344980584
This is one of the things I miss about playing as the monster. There were so many times I'd hide in a bush or hunker down as a Goliath pretending to be a rock, only to have the entire enemy team walk past me. It was exhilarating, but now any semblance of stealth is gone.
>>
>>344975849
>I just have no clue which of these tiny lil' hunters swarming me is the medic

1. go to "options"
2. go to "gameplay"
3. go to "show class icons"
4. select "on"

thank me later
>>
File: 1423337007674.png (144 KB, 1000x765) Image search: [Google]
1423337007674.png
144 KB, 1000x765
>>344976992
>>
>>344980584
If they hadn't the means to track the monster fast enough, the monster would effortlessly get to stage 3. If you want stealth to work and want to take away hunters' tracking toys you must first slow down the pace of the whole game drastically.
>>
>>344981058
Wraith was great, Kraken was Meh-ish, Goliath was my monsterfu. Didn't play any other Monsters, but in regard of heroes, before there were any DLCs the Support would do much more dmg than the Assault.
>>
>>344976818
This is entirely mitigated by the dome immediately going away if you've taken two bars of health damage and it reducing the timer significantly when you down a hunter.
>>
>>344981142

They have a class dedicated to that, who has no longer carries the dome so anyone can catch the monster when flanking to let everyone spread out a bit and search wider.
Plus said class has a lot of bullshit that outlines the monster so they can't ever evolve because they never get a break e.g. Tracking Darts and Tracking Dust Clouds(?)

Planetary Tracker can kick in at the start of the hunt and be nerfed after as a personal ability to only scan say a quarter of the map at a time, it has an actual radius but the compass having infinite range is busted.

Anyone saying the game would take longer or be slower is retarded, it's slow at the moment because the monster can infinitely run but can't stop to evolve as a result, meaning neither team makes any progress.
>>
>>344981431
>let everyone spread out
Don't monsters have """sneak""" attack they can use even in combat that's a free pin on a lonehunta, and a free kill if noone helps them?
>>
>>344981596

Yeah but I'm not saying spread out that much, I mean "more than a jetpack dodge away and that's it from the next guy"

Y'know, like you're playing Arma and you're in line formation, not a deathball like hunters do now (because any other route = no jetpack and a long walk, plus nobody else has tracker power so just follow the trail)
>>
Okay... if I were to input an old Evolve game key now, would it still grant me Founder status? Or did you haave to input it before a certain date?
>>
OK you fucking idiots, here's the truth from a player that's been high-level since before the game was even released.

CURRENT BEST HUNTERS
-Caira
-Blitz Markov
-Sunny (Hank's OK)
-Griffin

BEST MONSTER
-Kraken, it's always Kraken. It's been Kraken for over a year and that's not chaning

IS MONSTER OP OR ARE HUNTERS OP
A bad monster will beat bad hunters.
A decent monster will lose to decent hunters.
A good monster will beat good hunters.

HOW DO I HUNTER
2/2 split. Medic/Assault follow tracks and prevent the monster from doubling back while Trapper/Support cut off the monster. Save your jetpack in the dome for dodging abilities (double tap to go straight up, double tap and a direction to go in that direction)

This has been a public service announcement.
>>
>>344981784
I did not know that a double tap with no direction can send me up, thanks anon I can dodge upwards again.
>>
Last time I played a few days ago met a guy going on a 80+ winstreak playing Gorgon
He proceeds to kick me and my team's ass every time
How do you fight this thing?
>>
>>344981784
>blitz markov
>not lennox
>not hyde

come on son, mines are good but not THAT good.
>>
File: 1366200205562.gif (2 MB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
1366200205562.gif
2 MB, 350x280
>>344976391
>rouge
>>
>>344981779
I did this anon, it works. Not sure about the 29k silver keys from the latest patch though, as I used my key a few days before that and got it. But I'd imagine it works as well.
>>
>>344981784
>Griffin, Markov and Kraken are the top tiers
Fuck yes I love playing as all three of these, Harpoon gun is orgasmically good
>>
>>344981784
>-Caira
>-Blitz Markov
>-Sunny (Hank's OK)
>-Griffin

What are the best perks?
>>
>>344982095
Conserve jetpack. Stay out of the Sunny D.
>>
>>344982191
Blitz Markov handily outdamages both of those assaults, though Hyde is likely second best and better than default Markov.

>mines are good but not that good
A single charged blitz mine does upwards of 750 damage.
>>
>>344982892
Mainly jetpack.

Damage for assault.

Capacity for Hank/Sunny

Switch speed for Hyde/Val
>>
>>344983005
You forget that mines usually explode before arming or maturing and that gas is fun all year round.

Monsters aren't likely to jump into em either and teammates are usually to dumb to hide in em.

I believe you, I just don't think you've tactically thought it through.
>>
How do I get good at Kala?
>>
>>344983005
>Blitz Markov handily outdamages both of those assaults, though Hyde is likely second best and better than default Markov.
But you see anon, what Hyde might not equal in damage he makes up for with I'M VULNERABLE AGAIN! Well, shield's down anyway
I love his voice acting
>>
>>344983654
>You forget that mines usually explode before arming or maturing
If you're a shitter throwing it at your feet, sure.

Place mines on circles and high points

Mine or no mine Blitz Markov still outdamages Hyde, especially versus mobile monsters.
>>
>>344984221
It's a weird balance, Blitz has more downtime with emptying his guns twice as fast. But hyde has big long 12 second magdumps.

I ran the numbers in an excel sheet
Teslagun does 196,1538462 dps (unperked)
smg does 175,9259259 (unperked)

flamer does 151,5789474
mini does 165,0165017

so that's full damage in a mag divided by the time it takes to empty a mag.
>>
>>344984875
I'm having a hard time trying to do the math on weapon switching and how it figures into "shooting forever"
>>
>>344984875
That's DPS btw,
>>
>>344976193
I want to play a 4 play coop game in this universe that doesn't involve some fifth faggot.
>>
>>344984970
For markov at least, just estimate how much damage the assault rifle can do in the time spent waiting for the lightning gun to fully recharge. Then you can figure out his average dps over a period of time by going
>full lightning mag
>assault while chargeing
>full lightning mag
>assault while charging
ect.
Might get a little more complex if you try to calculate using blitz markov because of how his damage gets higher the longer you keep the gun on the monster.
>>
>>344985316
It's easy really his sustained attack lasts 6,5 seconds and tiers up every 1,5 seconds.
Blitz tesla
112,5 - 225 - 337,5 - 600
1275 per mag in 6,5 seconds
blitz smg
475 in 2,7 seconds
>>
God damn I fucking love Lennox.
>>
>>344976391
>wondered why one of the hunters had a red name
>constantly frustrated by being unable to tell which is the medic/support
>have trouble telling blue/green/yellow apart sometimes
Motherfucker.
Is there an option to change them or something?
>>
>>344985316
>>344985183
>>344984875
>>344984970
Markov doesn't have a straightforward DPS calculation and neither does Hyde. Both of them have conditional DPS (Hyde on poison grenade and monster position, Markov on mines and tesla charge)
>>
I'm kind of mad because the team was so shit that I couldn't carry them and lost my 19 win streak, but they were all earnest and well-meaning. They just happened to be shit at the game. I'm just stuck in a mad/trying not to be mad limbo
>>
>>344985534
IIRC there are color-blind settings
>>
>>344985607
>people are still taking this game as a serious competitive esport
It's just a casual monster game. You're supposed to have fun, not trying hard to enlarge your winstreak.
>>
>>344985580
Wrong except for mines and gas exposure time it's an easy sum.

flamer
1728 , 11,4s to mag dump
151,5789474 dps

minigun
2000 , 12,12 to mag dump
165,0165017 dps

Gas
810 , 6s cloud
135 per tick
>>
File: Otter.jpg (85 KB, 283x300) Image search: [Google]
Otter.jpg
85 KB, 283x300
I win 90% of all my games as gorgon.
If you play as a sneaky fagot who abuses spider trap to deal max damage its almost impossible to lose unless you play the most organized Hunters.
>>
>>344985724
That's why I'm trying not to be mad, anon. I realize it's silly and pointless.

But I was one game away from 20, man. It was all fucking stomps, all I had to do was stop idiots from getting medic and I started winning.
>>
do the grenades that the trapper throw do anything? i always chock those fuckers at the monsters but i don't see anything happening. do i need to actually 'activate' them somehow or what?
>>
>>344986186
If you meant Abe's one it slows the monster down in a radius
>>
>being a founder
>fuck yes, time for Behemoth
>rolling around at the speed of sound, devouring everything
>get flanked by all the hunters in a tiny tunnel
>build a great wall behind them
>Autobots, roll out
>Ground slam, roll into them
>total wipe in seconds
Behemoth is so fucking fun man, god damnit.
>>
>>344985534
there's an option for colorblind people in the settings.
>>
>>344986269
so it doesn't do any damage?
>>
File: 1419190745461.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1419190745461.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>344985767
>Markov and Hyde don't have a straightforward DPS calc due to mines and poison
>WRONG EXCEPT FOR MINES AND POISON IT'S EASY
>>
>>344986452
No, but the slow is really good. You can have 3 of them out at the same time and they last for a while.
>>
I see people saying Sunny is the best support now, and I don't want to be holding my team back. Is Hank still good enough to where I'm not a liability?
>>
>>344987081
Hank and Bucket are still perfectly acceptable supports, just not as OP as Sunny.

Tech Hank and Cabot and Kala suck.
>>
>>344987518
>Cabot
Yeah I remember early on when the game released his railgun was extremely over powered, and you could fuck up the monster through walls more than any assault class. Then they nerfed him and he became useless. I was hoping they would find a medium ground for him, but I always preferred Hank especially since Hank Williams is my favorite musician
>>
>>344977132
Im starting to feel this way honestly. His rush does an unbelievable amount of damage so my upgrade order is usually start all one, then max rush and get level 2 rock, then get rock 3 and slam 2. 12 or so win streak like that with no signs of slowing down. It also helped when i learned that sometimes you just have to down support or risk going absolutely fucking insane
>>
>>344978024
Ill just rush you basically pinning you light your ass on fire and finish you with a rock. Meatier goliath damage insane.
>>
>>344987773
RIP in pepperoni pre-nerf cabot

Literally a hard counter to kraken, the flying faggot was not safe no matter how far away he was
>>
>>344987081
Hank is only a little worse, and Sunny is getting a nerf at some point anyway.

Bucket is pretty solid actually, but you need to coordinate to get decent value out of his recharge. The turrets seem to suck, but apparently acid rounds triples their damage. I've never seen it though. Needs a support with a good healing burst, and probably all the cooldown perks you can fit.

Tech Hank can't sustain through a fight, but starting every fight with 50% extra health is pretty good. A smart monster will be able to overwhelm you though. The laser is better than the orbital, but not by enough to really make up the difference in shields.

Cabot might be okay if you have a really really good caira or rogue val that can keep themselves alive pretty well, because even if they go down the monster should lose half their health for it. I've never seen it happen though, so it either needs a coordinated team or is just not that good. Being able to keep the monster from channeling armor indefinitely is pretty good, but doesn't make up for the low shielding capability.

Kala just fucking sucks. The teleporter has a ton of potential and maybe a really good premade team can find a way to abuse it, but her shields are ass and the armor shred ray is generally worse than just doing damage, because the dome won't drop until either the monster gets a down or two(which is more likely because you can't shield for shit) or the monster loses the same amount of health it would have whether you break his armor manually or not.

Sunny is just amazing in almost every way right now. Shields at least as well as Hank if your drone placement is good and your team doesn't LoS them, and can save anyone getting focused if they're smart enough to notice the beam and fly away.

That's my observations as a monster at least. Sunny on a good team was unbeatable until I realized I could abduct people away from the drones.
>>
>>344976658
>playing against huntards that dome as soon as they see you rather than when you lose your armor and want to get away
Fucking hate it how it now is shared. As trapper I could at least make sure the dome was put down properly.
>>
>be the monster
>get fucked

>be a hunter
>get fucked

come to think of it, i don't think i won even once since i started playing
>>
I think the game should let you know when you're the last hunter standing against the monster.
>>
>>344989516
Are you a solo queue'ing faggot who doesn't talk to your teammates?
>>
>>344989642
>>344989516
You can literally see your teammate's health/status at all times in the lower left corner.
>>
>>344989642
I don't have a mic and it's kinda hard to write down shit when you're fighting the beast.
>>
The second I saw Emet was the moment I realised that I am gonna play him no matter what, he is a medic with a wonky character. Now tell me what I am up to and if he is any good?
>>
>>344987903

All you need is a "pshhh nothin personnel kid" to finish this shitpost.
>>
>>344989798
So this isn't good enough for you?>>344989752

You need some blinking red warning message in the middle of your screen with sirens going off?
>>
>>344989831
Emet blows, his heals are based on place-able buoys with dick for health and his main utility is decreasing the spawn timer (which is useless because the entire point of a medic is to prevent health strikes not to bring people back from the ship)
>>
File: disdainforplebs.jpg (35 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
disdainforplebs.jpg
35 KB, 400x462
>>344986607
Depending on the skill of the player getting consistent coverage, but I can't make everyone look super 1337 so here are the facts as I present them. You'll have to fill in the rest as you master the class.

retard.
>>
File: 1468352127794.png (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1468352127794.png
1 B, 486x500
>>344985476
>commas instead of decimals
People like you should be lined up and shot
>>
File: 1463709492032.png (897 KB, 838x910) Image search: [Google]
1463709492032.png
897 KB, 838x910
>join a game as Kraken
>manage to get to level 2 without being spotted once
>feeding in a cave
>I get domed
>they have zero maneuverability
>Vortex into Lightning Strike spam
>they all die within 30 seconds

I'm sure I'll be given a run for my money once I can access ranked, but for now I'm having a lot of fun stomping shitters.
>>
>>344989903
yes
>>
>>344990406
Anon, you're missing the fucking point.

Markov's lightning DPS by itself is meaningless as a measure of effective DPS. Hyde's flamethrower DPS is meaningless as a measure of effective DPS. Both of them rely on high-damage area-denial tools to supplement their main weapons.

A Hyde fighting a monster in the poison with his flamethrower is going to outdamage a Blitzkov whose mines are being avoided. A Blitzkov chasing an oblivious monster through mines is going to do ASSLOADS more damage than a Hyde with just his flamer.

The effective DPS' of both Hyde and Blitzkov are simply too variable and dependent upon monster behavior and tool placement to be expressed in a simple function, and the simplifications you must make to represent them in such a function make said function inaccurate and unusable.
>>
File: metricsystem.jpg (68 KB, 928x891) Image search: [Google]
metricsystem.jpg
68 KB, 928x891
>>344990504
I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over the sound of how much better we are at everything.
>>
File: hector is in a really good mood.png (926 KB, 640x848) Image search: [Google]
hector is in a really good mood.png
926 KB, 640x848
>People are actually playing Evolve now because 2K is done over this game.
>I can actually get my friends one of the more fun games I played last year.
>>
File: 1441063982370.jpg (83 KB, 480x679) Image search: [Google]
1441063982370.jpg
83 KB, 480x679
>>344990587
>getting hunted non stop
>hardly have time to feed without getting shot at
>duck into a small crevice as Behemoth
>they chase me in
>Ground Pound, Wall, Rollout
Oh, how quickly the tide turns.
>>
File: 1385749312090.jpg (38 KB, 362x438) Image search: [Google]
1385749312090.jpg
38 KB, 362x438
>read negative reviews
>"I lost all of my elite skins thanks TRS"
>"You can't sneak indefinitely anymore and delay fighting the hunters for the entire game anymore"
>"I didn't buy this game lol dead game"
Steam is funny
>>
>>344990781
>Be Canadian
>Use celsius and day/month/year
>Use inches and feet

I guess we're only half retarded then?
>>
>>344990957
Is 2K actually off the game now? I heard 2K was the reason TRS was forced into a stupid DLC plan and all that unbalancing shit.
>>
>>344975849
Looks like something is humping it
>>
>>344990781
So much better that you need baby's first measurement table to understand anything. Get on my right angle, scrub
>>
>>344989884
>shitpost
Stomping the hunters is not a shitpost
>>
File: 1452047364091.gif (2 MB, 176x144) Image search: [Google]
1452047364091.gif
2 MB, 176x144
>>344991102
>hunters dome me in the same spot THREE TIMES on weather control, the part with the tightest narrowest corridors in the entire game
>mfw Behemoth

Some people are simply incapable of learning

Bob is love
>>
>>344991619
Canada is weird
>height is in feet/inches, distances in kilometers, unless its fairly short, in which case it's feet again, unless its really short, and then its centimeters
>weight of people is in lbs, weight of objects is in kg
>>
File: free.webm (825 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
free.webm
825 KB, 800x800
>>344976112
>removed foliage
>stealth as monster is gone
>planet scanner
>auto domes

>monster gets a buff

it was perfectly okay the way it was but they had to ruin it
>>
>>344990781
I'm the guy who told you you should be shot. I'm Canadian, I use metric.
>>
>>344992884
>Ring Around the Rosy: Shit Trapper Edition
>perfectly okay
The game was a boring fuckfest 70% of each round, and Kraken had broken animation cancelling all the way until Stage 1 died. PvEvolve apologists are the worst.
>>
>>344993384
>cant hunt so I want all the interesting things in the game gone
>>
>>344993565
>strawman
The foliage is still in the game, you can still stealth as the monster, and dome fights actually means a real fight instead of shitting in the Trapper's mouth and running away all over again. Retards are just unable to handle the constant chase now that they can be pinged every thirty seconds and don't try to juke five seconds right after.

I'll agree on the lack of maps and gamemodes, but I'm hoping that's because they'd be broken as shit right now with the changes.
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.