[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /v/ think of Underrail?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: 1449099757469.jpg (213 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1449099757469.jpg
213 KB, 1024x768
What did /v/ think of Underrail?
>>
Im playing this right no
Is Ezra a bad guy? Harold said SGS used to be biotech and other people say Ezra's been in SGS for a long time. Then that immortal guy in Junkyard said they guy that sold him mutagens was a guy with cybernetics in his face and eye and that he was from biotech and made him see the mutagens as battery
>>
>>344971571
I think that it is hands down the best rpg with a very long time, which is not an easy thing to achieve for a game whose main focus is clearly on combat. However what this game sets up might very well make a sequel interesting on even the story level.
>>
>>344971906
Yesand no.
What you have said is all true, and you will find out a bit more about him if you pay attention. If mindraping people to infect an entire community with mutagen makes him a "bad guy" to you, then yes, he is a bad guy.
>>
is there any info on the new update yet?
supposedly there should be a lot of new feats and some new weapon types among other things
>>
>>344973019
Not yet. Unless you count this as info:
>Announcement comming soon*
*(probably this month, almost certainly this year, and definitely in my lifetime).
>>
Great until the final area

Then it can go fuck itself with a rake
>>
I got Ice Queen as my Arena nickname
>>
>>344973390
Oh man, it's just like my classic cRPGs! Always falling apart hard at the last step, those tykes.
>>
>>344973019
one question, can you use shotgun effectibly? becuse i stopped playing wasteland 2 for those ugly shotguns
>>
>>344973684
currently there's no shotguns in the game, supposedly its one of the weapons the update will bring
>>
>>344973614
Eh, it isn't really about falling apart, the final area had a lot of effort put into it. But it is very hit and miss, you either love it or hate it.
>>
>>344973390
so which did you play: crossbow trapper or knife fighter?
>>
File: 1468232562365.jpg (73 KB, 640x460) Image search: [Google]
1468232562365.jpg
73 KB, 640x460
>It's an obvious undershill thread
>>
>>344973440
fun fact there's like 20+ arena names you can get depending on exactly what your most impressive feat in combat is or your general combat style
>>
>>344973780
Shouldn't be knife fighter, unless he can't into biology. But that would be crazy for a knife build.
>>
Was really entertained untill I reached core city. Then I lost all interest.

blogpost starts here:
This probably is my fault though I always drop cRPGs. Everybody says how greatly they are written and how engaging their story is but you still have to wad through a shit ton of uninteresting combat.
>>
>fight in the arena
>freeze someone off so I have a few turns for my cooldowns and also to use some buffs
>game fucking ends the combat mode and I'm stuck there as the ice thaws and the guy murders me because I can't start combat yet
>>
>>344973963
Out of curiosity, how did you miss the warning that this is a combat-centric game? Anytime someone asks about this game this is the very first thing we warn them about, since not everyone is into this kind of thing. Did you impulse buy during the Steam sale or something?
>>
>>344971571
>Underrail
>Undertale
>Underhell
>>
>>344974028
you can run behind one of the pillars, that'll give you a bit of piece of mind

that said if you love freezing people try getting the talent that allows you to shatter them which gives you a 1-2 death combo on everything with a freeze --> implosion
>>
>>344974028
That happened to me too, one of the most hilarious oversights in the game. Someone should have reported that as a bug a long time ago, but I can't be bothered to make an account.
>>
>>344974204
its actually not really a bug, its intentional that certain abilities can force combat to end which is in fact extremely beneficially for a wide variety of playstyles
>>
>>344974189
This is an Arena-specific thing, freezing people is a guaranteed death sentence there since the cutscene after a fight is fairly long but doesn't stop time. So the enemy will re-enter combat while the announcer is speaking, but you can't react to it.
>>
I only have cryokinetic orb and if the other psi skills have something like it, but if you have cryokinetic orb, you can notice how you can't cast it directly on an enemy. the cast range aoe darkens out the spots where you can't cast it.

You can use this for stealthed enemies. the aoe shows dark spots where the stealthed enemies are
>>
>>344974307
The oversight is not it ending combat, but what happens in the Arena if you do it.
>>
>>344974101
Nah man I am just your average shitter and not well versed at all in cRPGs. I just noticed the buzz the game was making here and got it. It has little to do with the game beeing combat centric and more with the game beeing isometric and roundbased. It is just not my speed but I am not part of the target audience anyway.

I actually thought combat was pretty good compared to my limited experience with other games of this genre but the genre itselve just isn't my thing.
>>
>>344974508
the combat is an important part of why the game actually manages to stand out
another one is its xp system which honestly should be adapted by other rpg's ASAP
>>
File: 1437685051551.png (67 KB, 311x318) Image search: [Google]
1437685051551.png
67 KB, 311x318
I just back to the foundry and got this
I don't know the upper limit for quality to know if is the quality good enough or should I reload back to before I paid up?
>>
>>344974690
Odditys were great. They tookout every need to do everything and gave the game a really nice sense if progression.
Didn't know it was something unique to the genre though.
>>
>>344974932
It's decent. Best is q160, but anything above q130 will easily get you through the rest of the game.
>>
>>344974932
depends on what you're doing with it
for most uses its fine, but if you're going to turn it into fiber and infusing generally low quality leathers (cave hopper or rathound) you might want to reload
>>
>>344975013
It isn't simply unique to the genre, it is unique to Underrail. Similar systems had been done before, but there is no game that awards it for such a wide variety of tasks, from exploring to solving quests, combat, or even pickpocketing.
>>
>>344975192
also like the variety of the oddities
some are plot relevant, others do some neat little worldbuilding, few others are just weird and then there's some reference easter eggs like say the pip-boy
>>
Do you ever get to the surface?
>>
>>344975157
i'm using it for tactical vest
>>
>>344975979
No you don't.
>>
>>344976168
where do you go with the six guy at the end? i can't remember but don't you go up?
>>
>>344976519
Nah, you go to the capital city of North Underrail, heart of the United Stations. Basically a very rich, technologically advanced underground totalitarian empire.
>>
What insane power levels should have a sequel to stay challenging without going for a stupid Gothic 2 bullshit aka resetting you back to the first level?
>>
>speech skill checks like talking to harold about batteries or the foundry girl about tnt or persuading the guys at the driller to leave don't give xp
jesus fuck why, it's actually better to just fucking murder those guys since you get xp and some loot.
>>
>>344977270
if there's a sequel there's no reason it can't be about an entirely different character

>>344977307
>getting xp from kills
wait you're not playing with the oddities system?

also tip: TNT is worthless, head to foundry, pick up one of their mining drills and keep that one. It does everything TNT does but only consumes energy
>>
>>344977453
you can talk to olivia in foundry about the composition of tnt if you have high chemistry and she just explains it but you don't get anything out of it, no new tnt related feat, no XP, no nothing
>>
>>344977656
you can do that with many characters, they're not intended to give you xp or anything like that, they're just a bit of optional exposition and a fun fact about real world science and technology
>>
>>344977270
It was I who dispatched him against Tchort. Now it is I who brings him back from there. He is weak, and forgotten much. But he is alive. Other events await our participation.
>>
>>344977453
Game kinda ends on a cliffhanger and if there's a sequel it will probably continue MC's adventures in northern underrail
>>
>>344977453
>there's no reason it can't be about an entirely different character
Yes there is. You are a chosen one snowflake.
>>
>>344977837
its probably going to be an expansion pack rather than a true sequel
>>
File: 1401057033670.jpg (88 KB, 845x468) Image search: [Google]
1401057033670.jpg
88 KB, 845x468
>>344977837
>Underrail 2
>can singlehandedly destroy entire Protectorate forces in the end
>>
>>344977873
what? your underrail character is just a skilled individual at the right place and time
nothing you fight throughout the game is something which only you could have defeated, even Tchort is just the heavily mutated remains of a bunch of biocorp scientists, not an actual god or something silly like that.
>>
>>344977996
You are flat out stated to be special, mate. Your destiny is interconnected with that of Tanner and Six.

As for Tchort, he might not be a god, but only you could defeat it. Nothing could resist its mind altering powers, we have several examples in the game of how hard it can fuck you up even if you don't get too close. Yet you waltzed into his bunker, and got a cutscene where you simply SHRUGGED OFF HIS INFLUENCE JUST LIKE THAT. For whatever reason once you decided to play along and do your part in the event you gained complete immunity to Tchort's mindfuckery.
>>
File: sanic.png (1009 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sanic.png
1009 KB, 1920x1080
>make infused cave hopper armour and infused ancient rathound tabi boots for my psi-monk
>fucking sanic around the map with thousands of AP destroying motherfuckers

i haven't had this much fun in a video game in quite some time
>>
>>344978279
Tchort was starving itself heavily in anticipation of Six which likely made it significantly weaker, and while your "destiny" is interconnected its not entirely obvious if this was always the case or if this became true through your actions
>>
>>344978279
Power of bad writing maybe?
>>
>>344977996
MC's ability to interact with monoliths is very suspicious as well as his possible connection to the Godmen.
>>
>>344978386
>ancient rathound tabi boots

you fucked up dude, infused ancient rathound leather does nothing for tabi boots, go for infused siphoner leather for tabis, it renders you immune to immobilization effects
or cave hopper for reduced sprint cooldown
>>
>>344978513
only if you're psi-enabled though
non psi characters can't interact with monoliths and most of them can only be interacted with if you have high psi skills
>>
>>344978594
>only if you're psi-enabled though
And it is stated that MC has an innate psi potential. Not enabling it is his personal choice, his latent power is always there.
>>
>>344978521
i thought the mechanical damage reduction was nice at first, until i realized it was viable to play a glass cannon

>sprint
maybe i can hit mach 5
>>
Anyone know what the developers are up to? They haven't released a patch in a few months.
>>
>>344978413
It was weak, but not that weak. The Tchortists didn't notice anything unusual about its influence. Six and the Faceless couldn't even get close, albeit Six mentions that Tchort affects them much worse than it would affect you. However even you had to deal with the Eye of Tchort until you were basically at the point of no return. Since Tchort can endlessly spawn Tchortlings inside, and keep its influence on the Reject, there is no reason to assume it had less power by that point.

It is not completely clear, yes. But it was Tanner who chose you. The entire event gets into motion the day you pass the tests. Whether that was Tanner's doing is a different matter.
>>
>>344978594
MC is a psi, whether you take the red pill or not. Psi powers are the result of genetic tampering, and the MC has it no matter what.
>>
>>344978689
5% mechanical damage reduction does nothing for you, especially not given the tabi's themselves don't have any resistance

on the other hand immunity to all forms of entanglement (including bear and acid traps entirely, even the bleeding/acid effect) is massively useful

infused ancient rathound is pretty good for boots though, increases unarmed critical damage bonus
>>
>>344978446
Maybe. But time travel and the nature of time is the central idea behind the story, so it is unlikely.
>>
>>344979119
if you don't take the pill you can't interact with the monoliths though and other powerful psi characters have been able to interact with them so its not entirely guaranteed you're special as in unique
>>
>>344971571
i love it, but i can be fucked if u make a wrong build. and there is not many builds on the internet to check, only some uhh what u think of this build on forum and some cheeki breeki youtuber with outdated builds. help
>>
>>344978752
There is a patch coming, but possibly also an expansion.
>>
>>344979334
most builds are viable
well crossbows are a royal PITA in the DC, but that's it pretty much
>>
File: 1467920294084.png (13 KB, 120x192) Image search: [Google]
1467920294084.png
13 KB, 120x192
>>344971906
>>344972502
>depot A is his fault
>>
>>344979283
Yeah, that you can interact with them is not enough in itself, its the combination of many things. Although there is no other example of anyone getting visions from the pillars, only the MC. Others interacted with monoliths, but those are more like computers, not the same as the pillars.
>>
>>344979680
Not just Depot A.
>>
>>344971571
This >>344979334

How do I build my character to start off with? What's good to focus on in the beginning? Action points? Health? Pumping a single stat? Do I need a stealth option?
Help pls
>>
File: 1464017138407.gif (2 MB, 216x150) Image search: [Google]
1464017138407.gif
2 MB, 216x150
>free drones
What a bunch of fucks
>>
>>344979908
I started out as a non-stealth xbow guy but the doctor gave me pills for psi powers and i ended up a psi guy with a xbow
>>
>>344979334
iirc there is a guy called wildan or something on the underrail forums and he makes builds for everything.
even if they are outdated, for the most part they've helped me understand the feats and shit to make my own
>>
>>344971571
Good game, shitty price.
>>
>>344979769
Didn't Azif get visions as well from them?
>>
>>344980060
Yeah, but how should I proceed building a character? Balanced attributes? Stacking one or two?
>>
>>344980017
their name should have given you the hint they were a bunch of fuckups
after all what happens to a free drone in nature?

That said I actually liked it, to many rebels in fiction are ungodly competent and operate with almost military efficiency, to see a bunch of guys who're completely in over their heads was refreshing
>>
>>344980286
how I chose attributes is
Feat requirement > main damage attribute stacking > secondary attribute stacking
>>
>>344980252
The Mainframe is like the NASA supercomputer to the regular monolith's home PC. It's not a pillar, but something else.

Regardless, Azif is not exactly an average human either, but we don't know what he is.
>>
File: 1402873668383.png (728 KB, 794x782) Image search: [Google]
1402873668383.png
728 KB, 794x782
>>344980017
>you can literally gas them
>>
File: 1446646688320.png (301 KB, 466x504) Image search: [Google]
1446646688320.png
301 KB, 466x504
What exactly are the faceless?
And why did they want to kill that one guy?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luJmaYRGJuQ
>>
>>344980448
works with a similar interface though
I personally assume any powerful psi capable human is able to interact with them to some degree
still makes you special but not snowflake special
>>
>>344971571
Great rpg mechanics, good atmosphere and varied combat. The big negative is the story, which barely exists and what is there doesn't ever become interesting. What made me play the game for 40+ hours was rerolling builds, and I never felt the need to finish the game.
>>
>>344980580
Descendants of human test subjects of BioCorp's experiments. They have been exposed to mutagens, and got infused with psi-rocks. They are also related to aliums, but that might be just because of the rocks. They revolted, massacred everyone, and left to create their own city.
You mean Buzzer? They were just tracking down the Cube and he refused to cooperate, nothing personal.
>>
>>344980967
I honestly prefer the Tchortists to the faceless, most of them didn't know what Tchort actually was and were just trying to build a decent society around a strange but functional ideology, then the faceless come and slaughter them all because a few were dickheads, seriously fuck them
>>
>>344981265
The Tchortists were making their own Faceless out of Tchort's "primordial" DNA, so they can go fuck themselves
>>
>>344981265
The Faceless slaughtered them all because they had the Cube. That was also nothing personal, they even tell you that much. They just didn't have much of a choice.
>>
Uninstalled after the first vault or whatever (the one with the civvies trapped by raiders where you can activate the turret)

Combat sucks(it's better than fallout but that doesn't mean anything) and the game has little respect for the player's time, what with the slow walking speed and lack of map + samey corridors
>>
>>344981559
Rejects are different from the Faceless, they are "merely" genetic, and possibly mutagen experiments, and unlike the Faceless are completely vat-grown.
>>
>>344973390
Yeah I gave up the game right there. I heard they patched it, but I'm already too traumatized to ever go replay that shit.
>>
>>344980443
So should I check the list of feats, decide what style I want to use and then build a character around that? Sounds specific, anon.
>tfw done some build checking and I have no idea if I want to be a psi punch-monk, a burst-fire commando, a knife-user, or a psi caster
H-help?
>>
>>344981976
Psi caster, definitely psi caster. That's the build that gets you the most out of a first run and gives you shitloads of toys to play with without having to go out of your way to learn the system.
>>
I stopped played around when i got to the arena champion (can't remeber if i won or not)
Was playing as a immoral psi character but i think along the way i may of messed up my build or something, i don't really remember
Thinking of playing as just a dude that uses guns, is there any sort of build guide?
Also i heard metal armor can be upgraded to be sorta-power armor, is that true and also worth it?
>>
>>344982156
Awesome, thanks.
Should I be focusing on all three skills equally? Is there anything else I should throw in there - crafting, a secondary weapon skill?
>>
>>344981646
honestly bullshit explanation, they went out of their way to slaughter as much people as possible, don't care what the cube is, that's just bullshit
did give them the cube in the end though,but what happens if you refuse?
>>
>>344982467
electronics for psi bands and shields generators
>>
>>344982467
secondary weapon skills are not necessary, psi is powerful enough on its own
crafting however is, keep your electronics maximized at all times, invest a decent amount into mechanics and tailoring as well as enough in chemistry and biology to meet the (lower) requirements for various psi objects

when it comes to attributes check out which type of pure psi you like better, tranquility or psychosis, your build will vary a bit based on that

also pure psi is one of the few characters that actually has the points to spare on a conversation skill so you can pick up one of them if you want
>>
>>344973684
>Wasteland 2
>One character is a mechanic with a shotgun
>get Combat Shooting skill that makes the character crit 100% of the time
>Dude frequently one shots up to 4+ enemies at once
>At one point he one shot over 10 weakling enemies at once.
>>
File: 1421649969567.gif (731 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1421649969567.gif
731 KB, 640x360
>"Hey man what do you think i've got? guess!"
>"A shotgun?"
>tfw just realized their aren't any shotguns
>>
>>344982467
The good thing about psi caster is that it is a completely idiot-proof build. It takes outstanding knowledge of the system to make a psi build inviable.

Max WILL on start. dump CON and STR, get some AGI and INT and you are good to go if you pick tranquility. Switch CON and AGI if you pick psychosis.
Definitely max all three skills, there is literally no reason not to do that. On every level up you get enough skill points to max exactly 8 skills and the high WILL will boost your psi skills very fast.

My advice is, stealthy tranquility users play really well, but investing in stealth is useless. Get tailoring instead and make some stealth gear. Also electronics for the psi-enhancing headbands and shields.

That is all, the rest is completely up to you. pick whatever you want. If you have higher INT hacking is a logical choice. Persuasion too, because of the WILL. But you don't have to, these just make more sense than the rest.
>>
>The Dude tells me that "6 is everywhere"
>6 really is all over fucking everything
>>
can this run on a toaster netbook?
>>
>>344983123
I personally ran a 10 con tranquility psi

access to thick skull early on and eventually getting the tranquility/last stand combo is ungodly useful, as well as being truly idiot proof
>>
>>344982545
They were fighting a war down there, and since they are weaker in DC reinforcements would have fucked them up good. They couldn't afford that, so they attacked when they still had the upper hand.
They turn hostile and you kill them all. Then after he gave you his orders Six punches you in the dick for being a disobedient little twat and takes the Cube.
>>
>>344983173
Fun fact:
Everything he tells you is true.
>>
http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Chemical_Assault_Unit_Armor
>one suit is obtained from Fraser at the later time after completing Gas the drones quest
Right, how viable is a chemical weapons only run?
Are there even Chemical weapons besides the chemical pistol?
>>
>>344983123
I'd say a minimum of 7 int is necessary for psi build for neurology
if you're REALLY pushing it 6 is the absolute minimum because you do not want to play psi without access to premeditation
>>
>>344983518
chemical pistol is decent, it can fire a lot of different ammo types

that said I'd pick up throwing or trapping to complement it because you'll be maxing chemistry and raiding chemicals everywhere so you might as well also chuck explosives and gas grenades at everything while you're at it
>>
>>344982716
>>344982735
>>344983123
Thanks, anons. Thinking I might go Tranquility, seems like it's not as much risk-reward as Psychosis, so skills are... Thought Control, Psychokinesis, Metathermics, Persuasion, Electronics, Tailoring, Hacking, 1/2 Mechanics, 1/2 Chemistry?

>>344983123
>Max WILL on start. dump CON and STR, get some AGI and INT and you are good to go if you pick tranquility.
Why low CON, smaller hit point pool means it's easier to maintain full health? What's STR 3 DEX 4 AGI 8 CON 3 PER 4 WILL 10 INT 8 look like?
>Get tailoring instead and make some stealth gear.
So don't worry about putting points into Stealth as a skill, just make up for it with gear?
Thanks again, anons.
>>
>>344983518

there's gas grenades, chem traps. certain special weapons have bio on them as well
>>
I went for a stealth SMG build but felt it was underpowered and I didn't like the oddity xp system that much.

I think I'll restart some day with classic and psi build.

Hate crafting though in every game, damn shame its in such a big focus here.
>>
>>344983826
You don't need CON because you withe the AGI it makes more sense to simply not get hit. Stealth allows you to always initiate combat, Nimble lets you cast more, Run will allow to get out of range for the most time, and it combines very fucking well with Evasive Maneuvers.

So while this
>Thought Control, Psychokinesis, Metathermics, Persuasion, Electronics, Tailoring, Hacking, 1/2 Mechanics, 1/2 Chemistry
is a sound plan, with
>STR 3 DEX 4 AGI 8 CON 3 PER 4 WILL 10 INT 8
the 8 AGI will go to waste if you don't put points in Evasion and maybe Dodge.

I'd say start with E/D, and pick up Mechanics and Chemistry later. None of these are skills that you'll need to max, but E/D is better done early.
>>
>>344983826
int 8 isn't necessary, you can drop it to 7
if your agility is at 8 you'll eventually want to increase it to 10 anyways so you can get blitz

per can safely drop to 3, you won't be using it

might wanna boost dex to 5 because you will die a lot of if you don't win initiate
>>
>>344984131

crafting isnt mandatory but man does it make life easy. I think all builds should at least get the repair kit minimum on crafting. Makes shit stuff sell well
>>
>>344984335
He'll stealth, he won't have to win initiate.
>>
>>344984312
>dodge meme
Yeah I sure enjoy praying to RNG that enemies don't fucking one shot me.

CON is much more reliable.
>>
File: 1387226360666.gif (1 MB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
1387226360666.gif
1 MB, 288x198
>end up buying all the grenades off every weapon merchant because guns are ridiculously overvalued
>end up with close to 80 EMP grenades because they get so little use
>"be careful it's a power plant filled with so many robots no one can get inside"
>>
>>344984131
smg's are pretty darn powerful for burst builds
9 bullets per burst and with the right build you can get 8 bursts of 9 bullets in a single turn (theoretically you could get up to 10, but no weapon in the game has sufficient ammo capacity for that so you'll have to reload in between bursts )
>>
File: 1458246667483.png (955 B, 142x229) Image search: [Google]
1458246667483.png
955 B, 142x229
>can't become a cyborg
>>
>>344984551
there's a few forced confrontations though, especially if he doesn't have any dialog skills
I could easily see this build being hardstopped by one room in the raid the omega base quest early on
>>
>>344984601
Perhaps but I'm a massive jew so wasting ammunition I could sell feels bad
>>
>>344971571
Is this game meant to be impossible for people who don't min-max or am I just shit?
>>
>>344984571
Dodge is optional, ideally melee enemies won't even get near him. But it's worth a lower investment anyway, because if he has tailoring, infused leather will give him an ungodly amount of Dodge, and together the two will turn large scale combat into a missmissmiss fest, should it come to that.
>>
>>344984816
Its like old Fallouts where you need to build sensibly and for combat. However the encounters are much harder and you're mostly fighting solo.

So yeah you need to minmax a bit and be git gud at rng
>>
>>344984816
>Is this game meant to be impossible for people who don't min-max

Nope. But it's meant to be impossible for jack of all trades builds.
>>
>>344984312
>>344984335
Alright. If I drop PER to 4 and INT to 7, I can increasy AGI to 9 (for Blitz later) and DEX to 5. I'll do what you recommended and start with E/D; is it worth putting some points into Mercantile early for an extra free Psy skill?

Also, I should ask: how should I go about combat early with this build. Stealth, then Cryo/Pyrokinesis?
>>
From what I understood you can fuck yourself quite easily with your build in this game. And I really hate when this happens, exactly like in old CRPG so I guess that it's faithful in that way.
>>
>>344984680
He picked Persuasion though.
Which room do you mean? The one after the trap door? That shouldn't be too bad.
>>
What weapon should I chose with a stealth build? Crossbows seems cool, but it seems to be rather underwhelming after a while? And going trapper seems like a boring playstyle after a while. Melee seems a bit scary
>>
File: 1348176424124.jpg (142 KB, 207x500) Image search: [Google]
1348176424124.jpg
142 KB, 207x500
>please put bug in vent
>oh you don't have any stealth whatsoever and cant do it?
>too bad no questline for you
>>
>>344985525
Did you invest in crafting? You can just get put on your personal stealth suit, switch on your cloaking field and finish the mission since there's only 1 guy you have to sneak past.

What did you expect when you want to join the M17 of the game?
>>
>>344984601
wait got that entirely wrong
maximum amount of AP you can get in 1 round is 90 (50 starting, +20 from blitz +20 from adrenaline)

minimum cost for an smg attack is 4, with feats this puts the minimum cost for a burst attack at 8
cost for reloading with a weapon bandolier is 4 as well
maximum ammo capacity for an smg is 38 (technically 50 but that's a unique smg who's action points cannot be reduced low enough to matter)
amount of bullets fired at maximum from a single burst (feats + mods) is 9
so we can fire 4 bursts from a weapon before needing to reload for 36 bullets at a cost of 32 action points, then reload for 4
doing this twice puts us at 72 bullets fired for 72 action points with 18 action points remaining
which allows us to fire 2 additional bursts and run out of action points

if you have killed during this time you get another free burst with puts you at a total of 99 bullets fired in a single round

that's a lot of lead
>>
>>344985040
You'll get an additional attribute point every four levels, so you don't necessarily have to start with 9 AGI. Some people like to fully max their WILL, but really, it's an overkill. Feel free to use some of those points on something else.

>is it worth putting some points into Mercantile
It's never worth putting any points in Mercantile, ever. It's the only utterly useless skill in the game.

Cryo/pyro will be your primary weapon early on, but later you'll probably start to rely more on stuns and AoE mindfuckery. Albeit playing with fire will never stop being fun as fuck.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Only combat and defensive skills are worth raising above 130, for crafting it's a waste of points. You'll get there way before you hit level cap, so you can funnel your points into something else from then on. Might as well raise E/D even higher, I guess.
>>
>>344985752
now this is all done with 5mm rounds so you'll run into damage resistance problems

however if you are using shock bullets that means you'll still be doing between 475 and 950 electrical damage even if you deal zero mechanical (taking into account even at best you'll miss around 5 rounds due to 95% max accuracy)
>>
>>344985837

i think 15 points in mercantile gets you an extra weapons merchant in the forge, i dont know if he has another skill check for that

but if you trade a lot it might be worth it (its a weapons merchant)
>>
>>344986308
30 persuasion also unlocks him so no, still useless
>>
>>344986308
You can get him even without mercantile. I don't think I've ever bought anything from him though.
>>
>>344985837
Alright. Thanks again for all your help, anon (and everyone else).
Wish me luck!
>>
>>344987004
do remember if you can't seem to win a fight, try using consumables
especially flashbangs and molotovs are fantastically useful even with 0 throwing
>>
>>344987004
Good luck.

And one last thing, persuasions checks were designed so any character that maxes it can pass all checks, even with a WILL malus. So 121 is the absolutely highest a skill check can get, stop puttings points in it after that.
>>
File: 1345035192485.png (46 KB, 569x571) Image search: [Google]
1345035192485.png
46 KB, 569x571
>>344973390
>tfw game is a massive slog, but still having a load of fun
>do most of the game, complete the arena, get the house, finish up side quests, get my shit wrecked at the gauntlet and give up in the end
>get to the last leg of the game
>that fucking debuff
>those fucking mushroom things
>tchortlings

Never even made it to Tchort in the end, although I did enjoy poking around those ruins when I wasn't getting my shit handed to me constantly. Thinking of replaying it again with a psi build.
>>
File: hamboigas.png (775 KB, 1073x765) Image search: [Google]
hamboigas.png
775 KB, 1073x765
Do these niggers infinite spawn here?
I've been cheesing them for an hour now, running back and forth between zones to heal, recharge and buff up before dumping fire and ice on them
>>
>>344987334
fun fact: if you hide underground the buff stops stacking and eventually runs out, if you play it properly you never have to fight tchortlings ever
>>
>>344987486
>if you play it properly you never have to fight tchortlings ever
Really? I couldn't find any way part certain areas without having to fight at least some of them. I couldn't find a way to sneak past money enemies like in Depot A.
>>
>>344987484
Yes. You are not supposed to fight them there.
>>
>>344987596
Never sneak in debuff areas, the correct strategy is to run like hell. There are bunkers where you can hide and wait for the debuff to run out. The Tchortlings only start spawning once the debuff turns into the Eye of Tchort.
>>
>>344987596
there are hidden areas spread throughout the entire zone that stop it from advancing
also there's a hidden npc literally hidden in a closet in a house in a cave past the faceless that gives you a feat that permanently reduces the rate at which the debuff stacks
>>
>>344987620
oh fug
>>
>>344987620
do they ever leave that place?
I want those loots
>>
I remember that there was a group of Faceless inside the Core City, did anyone manage to kill them? Do you get something for it? Those motherfuckers all had like 600 hp.
>>
>>344988030
>stacking up on loot
here's a fun question: where are you going to sell it?
>>
>>344988046
you get some top quality gear of their bodies and a couple of oddities
nothing special though
>>
>>344988030
Yeah, but only when the game is essentially over. In general though, you shouldn't be fighting Faceless AT ALL.
>>
File: 1404631908584.png (6 KB, 342x245) Image search: [Google]
1404631908584.png
6 KB, 342x245
How many years until the sequel? 7? 8?
>>
>>344988085
everywhere
then i dissasemble/recycle if needed
>>344988190
Fuck those niggers I've been killing them since Rail Crossing
Even ran across two caves both with drillers and a group of faceless
>>344988046
Is it the one near the gaunlet? they don't have anything special and you can't tell gorsky to use their driller instead
>>
>>344988564
>Fuck those niggers I've been killing them since Rail Crossing

Oh boy.
>>
>>344984131

Yeah, I hated the investment in crafting. Especially when the game threw lvl 100 medicine components out of nowhere
>>
>>344989342
Well, did you need those medicines? Many builds don't have any use for it, particularly psykers.
>>
>>344971571
What's the noob build in this game? Is it psi?
>>
File: 1446829094767.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446829094767.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>mfw infused siphoner
>>
>>344989834
Yeah. But at the same time psi is also one of the most rewarding builds if you know precisely what you are doing.
>>
>>344989969
Infused siphoner is the best. I can stand knee deep in mutant acid in a room up in flames and still take no damage from it. It's beautiful.
>>
Everything was fucking fantastic until after Tchort.

Not siding with the faceless was bullshit. Those infinitely respawning enemies during the endgame was bullshit. I heard a patch fixes the respawn rate, but I already deleted the game by then.
>>
>>344990458
The respawn rate? Nah, unless you are talking about the burrowers, which indeed no longer respawn. But if you are talking about the tchortlings, they never respawned in the first place. They simply spawned.
>>
Yeah, I got into caverns and ragequitted. Mostly because I fucked up and didn't realize that was the point of no returns and my only save before that was a days worth of gameplay behind.
>>
>>344990790
Ammo issues?
>>
Started game yesterday. Is it gonna be fight-focused like this until end? Played it for 4 hours, too little dialogs. I like to play as charismatic char and talk my way thru
>>
>make a character who is good with pistols and throwables
>one-shot everyone with 100% crit rating and molotovs
experimenting with different builds is fun
>>
>>344991109

My poor stash
>>
>>344991758
There will be a bit more dialogue later, but yes, this is a combat and exploration game.
>>
>>344991889
You can get almost everything down there sans special ammo and healing items. Well, I suppose you can get a bit of both if you attack one of the two factions, but you'll probably waste more than what you'll get out of it.
>>
>>344974181
Underrail was in development before Undertale was even an idea.
>>
>>344974932
It's good enough. Not great but not terrible either.
>>
>>344977453
>if there's a sequel there's no reason it can't be about an entirely different character
Except for the fact that the game ended in a massive fucking cliffhanger and it created more questions than answers.
>>
>>344980017
They are such a bunch of fuck ups because one of their leaders is a Protecotrate spy who recruits nutjobs on purpose to give the whole organization a bad name.

It seems he did a pretty good job.
>>
>>344980213
Is't it like $8? That's dirt cheap for how much content this game has.
>>
File: teleports behind you.png (11 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
teleports behind you.png
11 KB, 100x100
>>344993224
>and it created more questions than answers

The game told you everything you need to know at this point in time.
>>
>>344981820
>lack of map
It would kill the possiblity of getting lost in the caves.

Getting lost in the caves is one of the best parts of this game.
>>
>>344983496
That'sbecause he's actually one of the BioCorp scienstist from Deep Caverns, the log in Residential mention him by name and also mention his drinking habit
>>
File: I did it.jpg (59 KB, 368x128) Image search: [Google]
I did it.jpg
59 KB, 368x128
>>344984816
Minmaxing isn't necessary, but damn it's fun.
>>
>>344985525
The whole questline is about infiltration though.
>>
>>344993656
Fuck off Six, I still want to know what that medallion Faceless gave me means/does.
>>
File: BASEDSTYG.png (49 KB, 1418x371) Image search: [Google]
BASEDSTYG.png
49 KB, 1418x371
>>344971571
Dev is a cool guy.
>>
>>344994448
I'm still betting it's expansion material and will give you access to the Faceless city.
>>
>>344994535
based eastern european game devs
>>
>>344994719
It better be, that's why I'm saying the sequel should have the same PC.

Hell it even ends in you traveling to the North Underrail, it's perfect material.

I would't even mind if it started with PC being lvl 1 again and some bullshit explanation like in Gothic 2.
>>
>>344994448
There are four items marked as artifacts in the game. The medallion, the head of the Beast, the mysterious disc, and of course the Cube. Out of these four we only have some kind of use for the head, and even that is just hanging it on your wall.
>>
>>344993993
its actually pretty damn neat just how many side characters are either 1st or 2nd biocorp researchers and officials, especially within SGS
>>
>>344995104
We know what the head is

The disc is just a fetch item from a small optional sidequest

We already know what that the Cube is just a powerful power source, what we don't know is what it's supposed to power up

Meanwhile we have literally no idea what the medallion is/does and it's a pretty major part of the game since it's a lot of work to be allied with Faceless. I'm guessing it's some kind of peace sign that will tell other Faceless that PC is trustworty or something but it's just guess and they could do that by mind reading too
>>
>>344994975
I'm almost certain a sequel will follow the same protagonist. Nothing else makes sense, and Styg sort of created this game with a sequel in mind. Unless he feels a sequel will be a complete commercial failure we should get it.

Everything is set up perfectly.
The cliffhanger, the Protectorate/Drone conflict, the Oculus base in Hexagon. Hell, even Ezra almost certainly leaves SGS.
>>
>>344995298
BioCorp is behind literally everything that happens in the game.
>>
>>344995526
cube is way more than just an energy source, coretech researchers figured out it has potential spacetime warping abilities.
Personally I'm assuming its the core component of some for of stargate like device
>>
>>344995627
Not the alium plotline.
>>
didn't read the thread. did someone say blunderfail yet
>>
>>344995723
How do you know?

What if aliums were controlling BioCorp all along?
>>
>>344995592
I wonder if its good or bad the game didn't get picked up by a popular youtuber or streamer
on one hand the game is niche, on the other hand it could have easily tripled its sales and Styg doesn't seem like the sort of person who'd actually significantly change his game or listen to people who don't truly like it
>>
>>344995847
Then BioCorp is more innocent than we thought. But it was full of people with genuine god-complex, so I'm sure they didn't need any ayy insinuation for their massive fuck ups.

But it might still turn out that the third Godman is somehow behing it, I suppose.
>>
>enter cave
>get lost
>wander around
>finally reach exit
>find myself in the same tunnel as I entered the cave only on the opposite side

...how does that even happen, am I that bad with directions?
>>
>>344995843
>48k sold
>fail
Granted I really didn't like the game personally mostly because of the art and how fucking small everything is but it is in no way a failure.
>>
>>344995893
I don't know, Styg is a strange guy. Too modest for his own good. A year or two before release Vault Dweller was pushing for a fundraiser to get Styg some dosh, because as he said if we already give every incompetent chucklefuck money on KS, we might as well support a dev who is actually doing something great for the genre. But Styg declined and asked people to just buy his game if they want to support him.
>>
>>344996120
Could be. The map layout is actually perfectly logical. It is however possible that you went to a higher/lower level, that can seriously fuck with your sense of direction.
>>
>been talking to the dude a bit
>he actually knows about oculus
>then makes a skyrim joke

...I don't know how to feel about this
>>
>>344996725
The game has relatively few pop culture references, so personally I let this one slide.
>>
>>344995526
But have you found the secret ending yet?
>>
File: 2015-12-21_00001.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-21_00001.jpg
286 KB, 1920x1080
>>344996725
The whole station is about TES references.
>>
>>344997562
It depends.

Have you found the the Black Arrow yet?
>>
>>344998164
don't bother, you can easily craft better snipers yourself
>>
>>344998164
Yeah, but only after spending an eternity in DC. Although it's a surprisingly peaceful place once Tchort is gone. Comfy as fuck, would make for a good basement.
>>
>>344998164
>It depends.
On what?
>>
>>344971571

It was really good and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Good gameplay, world felt lived in, everytihng was good.

Everything except a kind-of bugged final puzzle and unreasonable final area that is probably fixed by now.

I'll definitely replay it soon
>>
>>344998313
I know, it's actually pretty terrible since it's a sniper rifle with high base damage and low crit damage while sniper builds should be the exact opposite, but that's not the point.

>>344998362
>Yeah
Where?
>>
I WISH THE FUCKING WALLS AND OTHER JUNK TURN TRANSPARENT WHEN THERE'S A FUCKING CHARACTER BEHIND IT LIKE IN FALLOUT 1/2
JESUS FUCK I CAN'T SEE SHIT
>>
>>344998592
>Where?
You should find it on your own, it's better that way. I found it about a month ago, when I was at the verge of giving up. It's strange, because I had so many ideas where it could be, and tried so much really obscured shit, but in the end...

If you really want to know though, epeli revealed it a few days ago on the official forums. Look there.
>>
File: 1464820545303.jpg (47 KB, 480x515) Image search: [Google]
1464820545303.jpg
47 KB, 480x515
>mfw renembering playing the warehouse defense in Core City
>mfw i played Deep Caverns when it was unpatched all as a stealth character

The brotherhood of steel defense mission on Fallout 1 didnt had shit on this game
>>
>>344998694
if you push and hold tab walls turn transparent if there's something behind them
>>
>>344998839
>making it through warehouse defense with zero casualties

took me 30 tries and really wasn't worth it
>>
>>344998851
IT STILL DOESN'T HELP WITH AIMING
ESPECIALLY AOE SHIT LIKE NADES AND PSIS
>>
>>344998839
what's the brotherhood of steel defense mission?
>>
>>344998798
I've been lokoing for it forever.

I read the hint epeli gave but not the exact location, guess I'm going to look again.
>>
>>344998839
I don't remember a brotherhood of steel defense mission
are you talking about caravans?
>>
File: I am fire and life incarnate.png (221 KB, 409x328) Image search: [Google]
I am fire and life incarnate.png
221 KB, 409x328
>>344998962
It's the easiest shit ever if you are a psyker. They never had a chance.
>>
File: 20160627202555_1.jpg (324 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
20160627202555_1.jpg
324 KB, 1440x900
>>344998962
>30 tries

More or less we took the same amount of tries
Behold my cheeseness, no casualties

>>344999049
>>344999167
I am not sure, i just renember that you were in a house/warehouse and there was some power armor dudes there.

You had to defend it against raiders who outnumber you, it was one of the hardest missions i played in the game.
>>
>>344999134
Just saying, but the only reason I found it in the end is because I gave up.
>>
>>344999373
never dared use that ability in defense missions, if one of the idiot npc's touches your fire they all turn hostile even if they ran into it themselves
>>
>>344999774
Since none of the invaders ever got beyond the doorway, my allies never even entered combat.
>>
>>344974181
Now do the same with games that have either soul or dark in them
>>
>>344971571
Any general advice for a psi build? I want to pump will and int, right? What should I be dumping - str and dex?
>>
>>345000905
Will.
>>
>>345000905
dump str and per for sure, could also dump dex
agi or con depends on your preference
>>
>>345000905
Max will, at least 8 int, dump STR but leave a few points in dex as you will still need lockpicking, put the rest of the points into CON, it would be especially good if you reach 9 for that "I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE" mode for two turns
>>
>>345001345
why 8 instead of 7 int?
>>
>>345001030
>>345001293
>>345001345
Alright, that sounds good. I'm guessing I probably want to specialise in all three psi disciplines, biology, hacking, lockpicking and maybe dodge/evasion and one of the social skills?
>>
>>345001345
>8 int
It's either 7 or 3.
>>
>>345001873
I could argue for 6 int, you're only missing out on 15 psi point that way
>>
File: jerks.jpg (57 KB, 415x336) Image search: [Google]
jerks.jpg
57 KB, 415x336
I was sixteen levels in before I learned that just because the game offers melee as a possible build-path does not actually mean that melee is a possibility.

Fucking cock-tease.
>>
>>345001989
if you are going to spend 3 points in int then there is no reason to not spend an additonal one since all crafting feats require 7.
>>
>>345001345
AGI is just as viable.

With at least 9 AGI, you get 42 MPs. Add a pretty shitty tabi boot, so no infused hopper, for say, 15 more MPs. Activate Sprint for 30 additional MPs.

You now have 87 MPs, and really you are going to have lot more than this because you'll have a better tabi than this, and possibly infused hopper armor.

Activate Evasive Maneuvers. Suddenly you have at least 261 Evasion, not counting what you already have as a skill. Congrats, you are just as untouchable.
>>
It is hands down the worst game i have ever fucking played
>difficulty spikes out the window
>ending is pants on head ratarded
>writing thats comparable to a 3 year olds pizza party napkin fanfic about shadow the hedge hog and goku
>edgy as fuck heh nonthing personal characters
>graphics that are worse than a n64 game
>gameplay that slogs at a terribly slow rate
>cant equip fire extingushers to stop the flames from spreading in fire areas
>rocket launcher is about as straong as a potato gun
>kait is the most annoying cunt ever
>trains cant be drove
>the fucking bird enemies one shot you EVERY TIME
>flamethrower is useless
>shotgun some how does more damage than a magnum??????
>not even an rpg
>equipment is littarly just for show
>final level is a bore
>credits at the end are reatrded
>memes out the fucking wazoo (put on fur boots and your character does a dance while saying "shawty got low low low lowwww"
>unrealistic
>20fps
>doesnt support 1080x2330 resolution
>>
>>345002830
Anon, are you alright?
>>
>>345002830
>>memes out the fucking wazoo (put on fur boots and your character does a dance while saying "shawty got low low low lowwww"

I was gonna buy it till i read this. dropped
>>
File: 2016-01-02_00017.jpg (237 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-02_00017.jpg
237 KB, 1152x864
I think it was fantastic.

Although I bear a bit of a grudge against it- and myself. I got absolutely addicted to it last semester and it fucked up my grades something fierce. Made up for it, thankfully.

Anyway, great RPG, really scratched my itch for exploration and fun turn-based combat.
I was really impressed how the dev managed to make single-character TB combat enjoyable. Fallout 1-2 made me thing there's no way it could be fun, but damn I was wrong!

Really looking forward to what's coming next from the dev.
>>
>>344973868
No biology knife bleed took me very far into the game, chemistry and mechanics were a must for grenades though.
>>
>>345003663
>Made up for it, thankfully.

So was it worth it, then?
>>
>>345004140
Of course not! I'd rather have more self control. The game ain't going anywhere.

I just meant I reran some of the courses and got them right this time around
>>
>>345003663
>I was really impressed how the dev managed to make single-character TB combat enjoyable
I was amazed by that too. The opponents were always challenging and the game gave you a ton of fun tools to play with. None of that Fallouty aimed shot -> eyes ad nauseam. And there always was some mob waiting for you out there who was fairly resistant to your build of choice and forced you to make good use of consumables and terrain - or even run for your life.
>>
File: 2016-01-15_00014.jpg (218 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-15_00014.jpg
218 KB, 1152x864
>>345004510
Exactly! This, absolutely.

I enjoyed FO1-2 more as PnC-style quests rather than RPGs.
>>
File: 1433809721759.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1433809721759.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
I'm using a burst SMG/crafter build, should i get hit and run? i will need to increase agility thought.

Also should i get Ballistics? can i beat the game with only Tactical vests and leather armors?
>>
>>345003663
Which version is that? mine looks very far away, it may be the resolution but i'm not sure.
>>
File: 2016-01-01_00005.jpg (214 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01_00005.jpg
214 KB, 1152x864
>>345005885
Ah- it's the resolution, no doubt.
I played the game on low resolution, specifically because I didn't like how distanced the game looked otherwise. It has pretty damn good sprites and pictures, so I had no problem with playing it at a lower res.

>>345005628
It's.. pretty good at the beginnig, but as time goes on you'll find other, better ways to make you move around.
It would be cool if Hit & Run stacked.
>>
>>345006135
Yea it looks pretty nice.
>>
How does armor penalty works? it just affects move points?
>>
>>345007081
It also lowers your stealth, and if I'm not mistaken your Dodge values.

Should have a description in the character screen, IIRC
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.