[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who were the Night Sentinels? Were they equally pissed guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 37
File: DOOMSLAYER.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
DOOMSLAYER.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
So who were the Night Sentinels? Were they equally pissed guys at hell? Did they come from the original Doom universe or did Doomguy find them in hell?
>>
>>344960947

They were a organization of guardians protecting the wraiths, one of them sold out and let the legion of doom through their barriers so their kingdom fell.

Who the fuck the angel who gave doom guy the advanced armor is a bigger mystery.
>>
>>344961247
It wasn't an angel that gave him the armor, it was a traitorous demon.

The seraphim gave Doomguy "unmatched strength and speed," a demon gave him the armor, he gave himself a really bad attitude.

It's implied that Doomguy is the original Doomguy, but that the Night Sentinels were aliens native to Argent D'Nur, so one can assume that at some point Doomguy (that is to say vanilla doomguy without the praetor suit or the heavenly backing) left Hell after the events of Dooms 1, 2, and 64 and decided to hang with some aliens and taught them how to hunt demons.

Something happened on Argent D'nur (allegedly one of the night sentinels made a deal with a demon) that caused Argent D'nur to get overrun by demons and actually get teleported in to Hell. It was this that spurred Doomguy in to his legendary rampage that's spoken of in the Slayer's Testament.

A lot of people theorize that Doom Slayer is actually an Argent D'Nur native and isn't the original Doomguy, but this doesn't really make sense since at the beginning of Doom 4 he's established to be human, can read and understand English, immediately knows how to use every UAC firearm, and even acknowledges that it's fucking ridiculous that there's a chainsaw on Mars again.

Doom Slayer is Doomguy that started an alien club and got so pissed off when demons ruined his shit again that he went on a rampage so fucking awesome that angels were like "we need to get in on this."
>>
>>344961247
A demon gave him the armor after he killed a fuckload of his friends in exchange for not tearing off his head and using it as a kickball
>>
>>344961729
So they were from a different universe?

Neat.

Also, the way the elite guards died in D44M showed how retarded the UAC is.
>>
Where do I go to read up on this fresh spicy hot Doom lore?
>>
>>344962049
essentially, yeah

doom 4 takes place in a parallel universe entirely , though it stars the original doomguy

the slayers testaments state that Doomguy's lasted "for eons across dimensions" which a lot of people have chosen to interpret as meaning that "all wads are canon." id software has given coy replies to this question implying that this is the case

that's why doomguy is so "done with" everything taking place in doom 4. he's done it all before and then some. as far as he's concerned this is just another bullshit universe for him to fight through and he wants to get it over with as quickly as possible

the slayers testaments also say that doomguy is effectively immortal with the praetor suit having "adamantine strength" and doomguy himself possessing a "soul scorched beyond ascension"

the game's lore is super cool if you give it a few minutes
>>
>>344962338
you could play doom 4, but since i like doom 4's lore so much i'll spoonfeed ya a lil bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5uq2VnEJRc
>>
File: this motherfucker.png (344 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
this motherfucker.png
344 KB, 681x496
>>344961729

>Pulling out a lot of shit out of your ass: The post

Its NEVER fucking implied that this doomguy is the same as the original doomguy, never, not even slightly implied, his story starts in argent d'nur and finishes on current events.

>but this doesn't really make sense since at the beginning of Doom 4 he's established to be human

He's not, youre pulling this out of your ass.

>can read and understand English,

How do you know he can? He literally doesnt make a sound.

Also this is fucking nitpicking, they're not going to present the game's plot in a fucking alien language.

Here im gonna fucking obliterate your argument right now: The slayer's testament, voice recorded by a DEMON is in fucking english. Is english the lingua franka of hell?

>immediately knows how to use every UAC firearm

Its called convenience you fucking nitpicker just like how gordon freeman can perfectly operate alien weaponry he has never seen before with special forces expertise despite being a fucking physics guy

>and even acknowledges that it's fucking ridiculous that there's a chainsaw on Mars again.

What? Literally how? He doesn't speaks, nigga, the logs are not written by him, ffs. Stop pulling shit out of your ass
>>
>>344962338

The wikia, but whatever you do dont listen to this guy >>344961729
>>344962570

Because he's making everything up, like how >>344962694
confirms
>>
>>344962570
Most of the lore I have been reading is how retarded D44M UAC is.

That, and all of the experimentations that the UAC did on the demons.

I am only getting started in the DOOMSLAYER part of it.
>>
File: 1468421591645.jpg (202 KB, 530x558) Image search: [Google]
1468421591645.jpg
202 KB, 530x558
>>344962694
>How do you know he can? He literally doesnt make a sound.
He quite clearly understand english

>Samuel says 'Everything we've done is for the betterment of mankind'
>Doomguy looks at a human corpse next to him and gets visibly angry
>Samuel tells him to gently remove the argent shit from the machines
>That spurs him on to just break shit harder/faster

He clearly understands english.
>>
>>344962694
Has anyone thought about if the Argent d'nur is the original universe?
>>
>>344962694
>>Its NEVER fucking implied that this doomguy is the same as the original doomguy, never, not even slightly implied, his story starts in argent d'nur and finishes on current events.
Yes it is. Both the Slayer's Testaments and the UAC lore files on the Doom Slayer match events that take place in the first two doom games. The ending of Doom 64 where doomguy decides to stay in Hell is also explicitly referenced. The Icon of Sin is also in one of the stages in the Titan's Realm.

>but this doesn't really make sense since at the beginning of Doom 4 he's established to be human

You literally see him naked from the neck down.

>can read and understand English

He demonstrates comprehensive understanding of multiple pieces of UAC technology including computer access panels.

>
Its called convenience you fucking nitpicker just like how gordon freeman can perfectly operate alien weaponry he has never seen before with special forces expertise despite being a fucking physics guy

And you're calling ME a nitpicker?

>What? Literally how? He doesn't speaks, nigga, the logs are not written by him, ffs. Stop pulling shit out of your ass

upon picking up the chainsaw, he looks it over and shrugs before pulling the starter cable

eat shit you nitpicking autist
>>
>>344961729
>Doom Slayer is actually an Argent D'Nur native and isn't the original Doomguy

Didn't the UAC find the ancient remnants of the Tower of Babel with a dead Cyberdemon underneath it? And isn't the Titan basically the Icon of Sin? My understanding was that after shutting down the portal by defeating the icon, Doomguy stayed in Hell and the Sentinels found him there and recruited him. The chronology is weird because it would place the invasion of Doom1 in the ancient past but stranger things have happened.
>>
>>344962694
>Is english the lingua franka of hell?
the bible's written in English, checkmate :^)
>>
>>344962839

Again how do you know?

he destroyed the tubes, he didnt "gently removed them", that could be used to say he doesn't actually understand it.

And why did you ignored the bit about the slayer's testament being in english?

I know why you did it: Because it destroys your entire argument you fucking dumbass.

I could list over 1000 examples of media that inexplicably has english present, you know why? Because its the most widely spoken language in the world, so most stories are presented in said language so that the viewer can understand them. it wouldnt be such a fucking fun game if you played as a cave man listening to gibberish sounds and trying to figure out how do guns work.

For fucks sake, liars like you make me fucking mad.
>>
>>344963039
>And isn't the Titan basically the Icon of Sin?
That's open to interpretation. The corpse of the Titan looks a lot like the Icon of Sin, but you also see a different corpse later in the same level that looks exactly like the icon of sin.
>>
>>344963062
>he destroyed the tubes, he didnt "gently removed them", that could be used to say he doesn't actually understand it.

He understood alright. The pause he takes before destroying the last filter was to make sure Samuel saw every moment of it. You could feel it in the way he curled his fingers, it was mocking Samuel and saying "Fuck you, this machine is never seeing the light of day again"
>>
>>344963062
again, there are several points in the game where Doomguy uses computer panels that have english displays

remember when he hesitates before shutting down Vega and decides to back him up before doing so? If Doomguy doesn't understand English, how would he make that decision?

Oh waaaaait, you didn't play the game, so you clearly never noticed that.
>>
>>344963062
In what sense did he lie?
>>
>>344963062
>he destroyed the tubes, he didnt "gently removed them", that could be used to say he doesn't actually understand it.
Samuel Hayden pleas to Doomguy to not destroy the Argent cables and Doomguy hesitates twice, only opting to destroy the cables once Hayden says "for the good of mankind" and "we are capable of controlling it."

Doomguy directly responds to Hayden's dialogue several times during the game. He hesitates when Hayden asks him to not destroy the argent purifiers. He gets visibly angry and shaken when Hayden says "for the good of mankind" while Doomguy is looking at a mutilated corpse. Hayden tells Doomguy that he is capable of controlling Hell's resources which makes Doomguy upset and more violent in destroying the filters.

You're talking out your ass. Play the game before you start calling people liars.
>>
>>344962694
NO FUN ALLOWED

NEVER HAVE FUN EVER AGAIN

God you're an insufferable cunt, I'd hate to know you
>>
File: tracer oh shit.jpg (4 KB, 250x208) Image search: [Google]
tracer oh shit.jpg
4 KB, 250x208
>>344962953

No its not

"PULLING OUT OF YOUR ASS" alert is ringing again, buddy.

They simply say that he has been wrecking hell's shit for a long time.

Elves are also very similar to humans physically except for the ears, are you trying to say that elves are humans?

Asaris are physically identical to human women except for the head tentacles and the blue skin

Do you even know what "Humanoid" means?

Sure he could even look 100% human but that doesnt mean he comes from the earth.

And again the english part is called CONVENIENCE, the game wouldnt be fun if it were something like

"djfhdsajrfhauerhfuiasfheaniurlahsfkcmasdfdhjsakdaslhdkjsahdklwjadhwqueudwqdnlsakfndajrehafasjf" whenever a character spoke.

And yes im calling you a nitpicker because you're saying that the guy showing perfect handling of modern weapons is 100% that he is the original doomguy, despite being a fuckload of games where characters inexplicably know their way around completely alien weapons. are those incarnations of doom guy as well?

As for the references: Yeah theres also a soulcube present, so is the doomguy from 3 the same as all of those doom guys? Do you even fucking know how many games reference previous entries on their sagas?

Isnt there a skyrim reference too? So does it tkaes place in the same universe as skyrim? According to your logic it does.

And "shrugging and pulling the cord" doesnt equal saying "Man why the fuck is there a chainsaw in mars AGAIN?"

Just admit youre pulling everything from your ass, youre embarrasing yourself.
>>
>
Doomguy directly responds to Hayden's dialogue several times during the game. He hesitates when Hayden asks him to not destroy the argent purifiers. He gets visibly angry and shaken when Hayden says "for the good of mankind" while Doomguy is looking at a mutilated corpse. Hayden tells Doomguy that he is capable of controlling Hell's resources which makes Doomguy upset and more violent in destroying the filters.

Wow, Doomguy is a pussy ass bitch
>>
>>344962936

Unless there were hidden mystic knights in the original doom that I somehow missed, I dont think so.
>>
File: 1467334006010.jpg (476 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1467334006010.jpg
476 KB, 800x800
>>344963517
>guy literally quotes the game's lore word for word
>UHM ACTUALLY YOU'RE A LIAR FAGGOT

Imagine being this autistic
>>
File: 1467652611993.jpg (102 KB, 718x718) Image search: [Google]
1467652611993.jpg
102 KB, 718x718
>>344963062
>Again how do you know?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYPc2UPcGqM&t=7m5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MweTO26KEH8&t=35m45s

Two explicit parts where he understands english and one where he interfaces with a computer to make a backup of something, which he'd need to understand english to do.

I could look up more. But i'll just post smug anime from here on out instead.
>>
>>344963517
>>Elves are also very similar to humans physically except for the ears, are you trying to say that elves are humans?
>Asaris are physically identical to human women except for the head tentacles and the blue skin

i'll take "false equivalence" for 200, alex
>>
File: 453.png (376 KB, 600x341) Image search: [Google]
453.png
376 KB, 600x341
>>344963517
Just leave this board
>>
File: charlie laughing.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
charlie laughing.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
>>344963194
>>344963434

Dude since doomguy doesn't speaks you're literally adding words into his mouth.

Like I agree he understands english but holy shit stop trying to add a script to every action he does haha fucking autists.

>>344963431

He literally made up over half of the shit he said. Other points are just logical fallacies and nitpicking, like saying how doomguy is clearly human because he understand english, but IGNORING (like how he'll ignore again) that the slayer's testament, spoken by a DEMON, is in english, 100%
>>
File: 1459733828190.png (394 KB, 493x561) Image search: [Google]
1459733828190.png
394 KB, 493x561
>doom lore
>>
>>344963778
>He literally made up over half of the shit he said.
hang on, i'm gonna make a quick compilation of the game's doom slayer lore. just for you. sweet cheeks.
>>
File: 1467098513924.gif (2 MB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1467098513924.gif
2 MB, 512x512
>>344962694
>Autism demands that no one must have fun
>>
>>344963608
>>344963674
>>344963737

Nice samefagging.

Also, the quotes are from the codex (Since you know, doomguy doesn't speaks).

You're saying that he took the chainsaw and he said how crazy it was to have another chainsaw in mars again just like he had seen in doom 1.

He literally does not says this, he doesnt says anything, he just grabs it and makes some hand gesture.

You're adding words into all of his gestures and then getting mad when somebody tells you how you cant actually use that as factual information to validate your "script", and you're calling me autistic?
>>
>>344963778
There is no evidence either way honestly, but it makes it more interesting that it is the same Doomguy. It gives a reason why he is so pissed at the UAC and his general "Fuck off" attitude to everything (Except VEGA who is willing to sacrafice himself to save this universe)

Can we agree on this?
>>
>>344963148
the later one is the Icon, you can fire a rocket into its brain and Romero says his line again and it even spawns a cube
>>
>>344963849

Can you help me out, I forgot in which language was the slayer's testatement written and spoken on

>>344963924

Validating your own headcanon as real isnt having fun, anon. Imagine going into a zelda thread and saying that link is actually zelda's brother 100% confirmed because they both have pointy ears. Thats what that poster is saying
>>
File: angriest man ever.jpg (318 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
angriest man ever.jpg
318 KB, 1280x1280
>>344963952

He's pissed because he has seen it happen, his entire world fell to the forces of hell and he clearly doesnt want that shit to happen again, plus he spends who knows how many aeons fighting demons which cant be pleasant, his life was ruined because of demons, it makes senses that he's ultra pissed at them.
>>
>In this reboot, this silent protagonist is referred to by Hell's forces as the Doom Slayer; a legendary warrior and sole surviving member of an order of knights known as the Night Sentinels, tasked with protecting their home and deities, the Wraiths, from Hell. Contrary to previous incarnations, this version is even more vaguely characterized: the marine is never seen nor heard other than from first person, and other than an early shot of the marine's arm revealing a Caucasian skin color and the game lore texts referring to its gender as a "he", practically no details are revealed
>>
>>344963940
Not even remotely samefagging

I just find it insane that someone would go to these lengths to prove that a generic nameless marine isn't the same one as previous games. This is like the most pointless shit you could ever argue about in your life
>>
>>344961729
>>344962570

Ok so this guy is making up/assuming most of those things, where could I read on the actual lore?
>>
>>344964167
>Prior to the game's events, the Doom Slayer and his brothers-in-arms were the protectors of a land known as Argent D'Nur, until a member of the Sentinels betrayed them in exchange for the resurrection of his dead son, who ended up brought back as the Icon of Sin (the final boss in Doom 2). The land would then be consumed and became Hell's energy resource for traversing across dimensions. Enraged, the Doom Slayer nearly tore all of Hell down as he defeated countless waves of demons and Titans, wearing a green suit of enchanted power armor and light grey helmet gifted to him by a "wretch". Eventually, the Doom Slayer was sealed away in an enchanted sarcophagus by the terrified remainder of Hell's inhabitants until he was collected by UAC Mars Director Dr. Samuel Hayden, keeping him sealed in his private labs as they reverse-engineered his equipment.
>>
>>344964130
Exactly, but having it as Doomguy from 1+2 makes more sense since we saw Earth being consumed by hell.

Not to mention his pet bunny being put on a spike.
>>
>>344963517

Wasn't Doom 3 a remake of the first one plot wise, more or less?

It had a lot of fleshing out of lore that just wasn't possible to do in the older games, so it's only natural that things from it will be used.
>>
>>344964208

The doom wiki, or you could play the game yourself since its amazing

>>344964167
>>344964236

Shh dont say that you'll be called autistic for revealing the truth

Like I dont understand what these people want, they literally gave us a new backstory and its told in game, not through obscure easter eggs or shit but as part of the main plot, and yet theres still people saying its the original doomguy
>>
File: tragger.jpg (15 KB, 198x341) Image search: [Google]
tragger.jpg
15 KB, 198x341
REMINDER

The game's a REBOOT.

Not a SEQUEL of anything.
>>
File: pof.jpg (408 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pof.jpg
408 KB, 1920x1080
I definitely got the impression that it's the same Doom Marine as from the original games, but somehow ascended to become an avatar of pure rage against the armies of hell. The Codex entries describe some of his previous battles (including the destruction of the Icon of Sin I believe), and that he, somehow, someway, is always there whenever Hell invades, the same as ever ready to rip them to shreds.

One tidbit I found especially interesting was how one of the testaments makes mention of the Doom Marine being empowered by seraphim, and that he's the only one capable of drawing strength from his fallen foes. I imagine this is basically the lore explanation for why he's now such a brute with his hands (whereas previously melee attacks were practically useless), and maybe a not-too-serious nod to gaining health from glory kills.

I'm on my second playthrough myself, and will probably gain more clarity from actually exploring thoroughly, but I kind of really dig this. It meshes really well with how the Doom community views the Doomguy anyways.
>>
>>344964167
>>344964236
>>344964389
Point out the bit that contradicts that he is the old Doomguy.

It doesn't contradict but it never says he is the same one. I like to think he is to make it interesting, but that will never be answered
>>
>>344963829
ikr

Goddamnit it's a game where you kick hells ass don't try to do this guys. Just go fast and kill everything in your way.
>>
>>344964429
>The game's a REBOOT.
It's not though
>>
File: doommarine.jpg (632 KB, 1739x1275) Image search: [Google]
doommarine.jpg
632 KB, 1739x1275
Why would armor forged in hell have caution warning on it written in english and have logos from a company called 1/0 Logistics Manufacture?
>>
>>344964571

>In April 2009, Hollenshead said that Doom 4 was "deep in development". When asked whether Doom 4 would be "a sequel? A reboot? A prequel?", his response was "It's not a sequel to Doom 3, but it's not a reboot either. Doom 3 was sort of a reboot. It's a little bit different than those."
>>
>>344964317
It's the Twin Snakes of the Doom series.
>>
>>344964669
>You can see parts of his face.

NEAT
>>
>>344964669
stolen and then taken credit for
>>
File: Doom Slayer Lore.jpg (811 KB, 990x2113) Image search: [Google]
Doom Slayer Lore.jpg
811 KB, 990x2113
>>
>>344964669
Because hell is an industrious place, and it wouldn't be hell without the need to follow inefficient and restricting safety regulations. Why would Satan make things easier for you just because you're making some armor?
>>
>>344964694

>Its not a sequel but its not a reboot
>Its moving but its staying still
>Its hot but its cold
>its yes but its no
>its cute but its ugly
>its fun but its boring
>its fast but its slow.
>>
>>344964669
>armor clearly has english markings on it
>I-IT'S CLEARLY ALIEN SPEAK!!! DOOMGUY IS A SPACE ELF IN DOOM 4!!! STOP LYING YOU'RE TRIGGERING ME!!!!!
>>
>>344964694
>not a sequel to doom 3
>not a reboot of the franchise
well that really leaves one option

it's a sequel to doom 1, 2, and 64

you know, the games whose events are explicitly referred to in-game
>>
>>344964669
Doomguy is pretty handsome.
>>
>>344964669
>>344964843

The thing that really bugs me about the suits entry is that the UAC makes no mention of the manufacturers markings, but they do notice the symbol that looks like it was painted on at some point after it was made.
>>
File: tablet.jpg (52 KB, 368x584) Image search: [Google]
tablet.jpg
52 KB, 368x584
>>344964843

Didnt Doom 3 also had a tablet that was an obvious remake of doom 1 cover?

Its called "ascended meme", ever since release people used to say "even doom's cover was completely badass", it got elevated to cult status, you cant really consider any of those things as evidence for your theories because they're just nods from the devs at the fanbase.

im not the guy you've been fighting with btw.
>>
File: same doomguy confirmed.jpg (311 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
same doomguy confirmed.jpg
311 KB, 1920x1080
>>344964669
>>344964826
>>
>>344962694
>How do you know he can? He literally doesnt make a sound.
I'm going to ask you something and I want you to just use your brain for a short amount of time. This might be too much to ask you, but I think if you give it your all, you'll be able to fire up that pile of mush inside your cranium and get it working. Ready?

If Doomguy couldn't read or understand English, why did he bother reading the panel right next to the Praetor Suit in the beginning of the game, how could he figure out how to back up VEGA, and how could he have operated ANY piece of technology on Mars?
>>
>>344964950

It could always be that literally replicated EVERYTHING about it.

Its pretty clear that the armor cant be made with human technology, the UAC has the pinnacle of human technology and they dont even know exactly what the armor is made from.

Also the narrator at the beginning of the game, sounds pretty demonic/not human and he's giving doomguy the armor. thats when he says he'll be more terrible than the demons.

>>344965040

I read somewhere that its actually blazkowics face

>>344965032

Everything about doom 4 died in 2011 anon, literally everything about it was restarted.
>>
>>344964167
>>344964236
>quotes pulled from wikipedia
>>344964843
>quotes pulled directly from the game

gee, i wonder which information is more reliable
>>
>>344965251

Like countless people have said:

If doomguy speaking english is proof that he is human and original doomguy why is the slayer's testament IN HELL written in english?
>>
>>344964843
something to keep in mind about these notes is that uac couldn't examine him in depth and could only speculate about his origins, and that the slayer's testament is from the demons' perspective

>>344964694
>>344965032
super turbo turkey puncher 3 and the soul cube are in doom 4 though
>>
>>344962694
>never, not even slightly implied,

Are you fucking serious?

What the hell did you think "the cycle begins anew" means?
>>
>>344965291
>Also the narrator at the beginning of the game, sounds pretty demonic/not human and he's giving doomguy the armor. thats when he says he'll be more terrible than the demons.
It's not unreasonable to assume that that voice at the beginning of the game is one of the angels backing doomguy pushing him to wake up.
>>
What if humanity in Doom was space elves all along?
>>
>>344965504
then we'd all have autism, anon
>>
>>344965368

So the player can understand it.
>>
>>344965425
This is what I imagined too
>>
>>344965368
doomguy speaking english is PART of the proof that he's human

the other part of it is that we see his naked fucking body at the beginning of the game and you can see his face through his helmet's visor

doomguy is, at the very least, superficially human.
>>
>>344960947
>actually arguing about doom lore

nerds, it's the same guy because that's more cool, end of story
>>
>>344965425
the voice sounded just like the unseen Dark Lord demon that's telling his minions to kill you near the end of the game which is weird
>>
>>344965638
it really doesn't

the demonic voice sounds like dr. claw, the voice at the beginning of the game is far less gravelly
>>
File: 20160517181720_1.jpg (397 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160517181720_1.jpg
397 KB, 1920x1080
>>344965371
It was fun wandering around looking for secrets and hearing a gobble from behind some crates.
>>
>>344965745
neat
>>
>>344965368

It's not written. He touches a thing and a voice speaks it. The suits on-board computer could be transcribing it or even interfacing with whatever computer equivalent hell has.

It's also worth noting that when the suit powers on the first time, it briefly shows alien characters before switching to English.
>>
>>344965546

Exactly.

Theyre not going to have the guy giving you the objectives speak in some alien tongue.

The entire game is in english so that the player can understand it.

>>344965607

Of course he's superficially human looking but that doesn't mean he's human since the lore in THIS game says he comes from argent d'nur which is clearly NOT earth, also all of the other night sentinels had human features.
>>
>>344962809
>>Because he's making everything up, like how
>>344962694
> confirms
that autistic faggot's two major points were that it is NEVER implied that the doom slayer is the doom guy, which it is

the other major point is that it's not implied that doomguy understands english which is also disproved by >>344963620

le angry fish face man's post is full of more holes than any other post in the thread and at this point this thread is just him spinning his wheels trying to defend his honour on a completely anonymous imageboard where it is 100% possible for him to just walk away and not have to own up to any of his sheer retardation
>>
>>344962694
I swear you stalk every doom thread now and you always spout the same shit over and over again.

You ARE a motherfucker
>>
>>344965840
The suit was made by a demon tho, it makes sense that the "default settings" are in demonic language
>>
if hell is littered with guns and ammo and health packs inexplicably (the demons should really clean those up, would make killing DOOMGuy much easier) why did he use this sword? Was it just badass?
>>
File: thinking-face[1].png (53 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face[1].png
53 KB, 256x256
>>344965843
>Of course he's superficially human looking but that doesn't mean he's human
>>
File: iTViMjO.png (289 KB, 1140x851) Image search: [Google]
iTViMjO.png
289 KB, 1140x851
>>344966010
He's RIP and tear.
Not Slice.

Goes against his style.
>>
>>344965970

But then why are the markings in English? Either way it shows that the game isn't showing what's actually alien text as English for the sake of the player, English is Doom Marines preferred language.

I think that it was a human suit that was enhanced after it was completed.
>>
>>344966010
>inexplicably
it's all shit the UAC left there during their expeditions, hence why you see holographic recordings of UAC personnel walking around nearby supplies and why all weapons are in protective cases when you find them
>>
>>344966109
well I meant more so in the classic games. I suppose you could write it off as Hell merging with our reality
>>
>>344966010
>image

sequel/expansion when?
>>
>>344966250
They relegated Cacodemons as the janitors of hell.

Sadly, they have no arms so management dropped the ball on that one.
>>
File: Doom3_protagonist.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Doom3_protagonist.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>344964669

Is there a resemblance?
>>
File: fire yes.jpg (81 KB, 1005x739) Image search: [Google]
fire yes.jpg
81 KB, 1005x739
>UAC going from no regards to employment safety to complete satanic worshipping depending on which level in the company you were
>>
>>344966340
Shit man, I'd say within two or three years given the current game's critical acclaim.

I wouldn't be surprised if that new Wolfenstein game doesn't take a few cues from Doom 4 as well.
>>
>>344965925

Literally the first time I do this but I'll keep doing it as long as I see people saying "ITS THE ORIGINAL DOOMGUY CONFIRMED!!"

>>344965840

They could afford a voice modulator then
>>
>>344966109

How about all the ammo thrown by chainsaw'd enemies? Did they just ate it up?
>>
>>344966440
Good luck pushing your fanfiction.
>>
File: Image1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Image1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Doom guys suit boot up in English but this bit changes from another language in to English.
>>
>>344966440
>people ITT post overwhelming evidence proving you're a fun-hating lying faggot
>I'll keep doing it as long as I see people discussing the objective facts and supplying proof that I'm wrong!!!

whatever gets your dick hard dude
>>
>>344964843
Damn, those are ye olde imps.
>>
>>344966379
subtle corporationism criticism
>>
File: stuart-ashen.png (123 KB, 286x318) Image search: [Google]
stuart-ashen.png
123 KB, 286x318
>>344966379

>Argent Energy is the power of Hell turned into useable energy
>The power of Hell comes from the sacrifice of souls to the demons
>Top-tier UAC employees volunteer to be sacrificed
>>
>>344966514

Demons of hell are actually made of ammunition, but the chainsaw is the only way to extract it from their bodies intact.
>>
>>344966514
one of the slayer's testaments says that the doomguy has an inexplicable ability to draw strength from the blood of his fallen enemies so I'm just gonna shrug and say the angels did it
>>
>>344966514
Wouldn't be surprised if demons liked to eat metal
>>
File: doom shotgun.jpg (28 KB, 450x248) Image search: [Google]
doom shotgun.jpg
28 KB, 450x248
>>344966646
>doomguy is so metal his guns don't even fire bullets or plasma, he just stuffs demon guts into the chamber and it works because if it doesn't he'll kick its ass
>>
>>344966568

You shouldnt say "people" when its literally just 1 autistic tryhard.

Its not confirmed that he's the original doomguy and this guy has an entire lore of his own, the fact that he (you) made up shit like "doom guy acknowledging how ridiculous it is to have a chainsaw on mars again" just shows whos the real fanfic writer here.

Like its not my fault that some autistic faggots dont understand what a reference/throwback is
>>
>>344964669

Ummm, isn't it because it was regular armour and the demon dude just enchanted it?
>>
>>344966567

Good point, I double checked. The suit boots up in English first.

English is the suits default language. The alien stuff probably has to do with the alien enhancements on it.
>>
>>344966748
i'd say its more like doomguy needs ammo so he looks up to the sky and says "ay j-man can ya spot me some buckshot" and jesus h christ himself shows up and says "only if you manage to pull a wicked sick stunt"

and so doomguy uses a chainsaw to stunt on the demons and jesus flips his shit and gives him free ammo
>>
File: k.png (462 KB, 747x795) Image search: [Google]
k.png
462 KB, 747x795
This guy is now the protag of DOOM. What changes?
>>
>>344966903
nothing, they're on similar powerlevels

better question would be "this is the final boss of doom, what changes?"
>>
File: absolutely solid.png (1 MB, 665x1182) Image search: [Google]
absolutely solid.png
1 MB, 665x1182
>>344966567

>The visor outlines dissapear all of a sudden
>>
>>344966903
He eats mancubi.
>>
File: 20160714045207_1.jpg (525 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160714045207_1.jpg
525 KB, 1920x1080
Honestly a lotta you guys are fighting over shit thats an intentional reference like its holy canon
>>
>>344966891
i need this in graphical form
>>
>>344966864
>Like its not my fault that some autistic faggots dont understand what a reference/throwback is

see, there's this, and then there's you outright denying that doomguy is capable of speaking english when he demonstrates several times that he can in the game

get the fuck out of this thread until you've played the game homie, you're embarrassing yourself. nobody here is on your side.
>>
>Someone put in a lot of effort into the story and those codex entries

I'll never understand this. It's fucking Doom. All the story they needed was "Demons are invading again, go kill them".

But no, it was REALLY important that they lock you in those unskippable scripted events to explain all that shit about mining Hell for resources. Because you really care about what some asshole robot and his anorexic lady friend have to say.

And I swear half the codex entries are just "Argent this, Argent that". At least be like Far Cry Blood Dragon and try to make those funny.
>>
>>344966992
DOOMGuy rips and tears his guts from the inside out.

Can you imagine what the battle with the titan was like? And the Icon of Sin is descibed to have a body miles long

that level of carnage
>>
>>344966864
Isn't the shrug when he picks it up enough to indicate he was probably thinking "this shouldn't be here but whatever"
>>
File: 7ef.jpg (29 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
7ef.jpg
29 KB, 600x600
If you suicide by standing next to an exploding barrel in a classic doom map, you will see the original Doomguy's face in the mask.
This is how I conclude that Doomguy 2016 = Doomguy classic
>>
>>344967080
>At least be like Far Cry Blood Dragon and try to make those funny.
It is funny. Unless you're a sperg and try to actually evaluate the lore in context of previous entries
>>
>>344963592
I had always thought that at least half the lore in 4 was Hell's bullshit interpretation of more mundane things.

I suppose I'm wrong, now.
>>
>>344967080
Other than the forced sections, the story IS basically that.

Besides, the codex entries do get a little bit silly if you read them properly, like >>344967054
>>
>>344966903
Literally nothing. If anything it would be even more brutal.
>>
>>344967054

This is exactly what im saying

>>344967065

Stop saying "Nobody here is on your side" when its literally just you you fucking faggot. OK doomguy speaks english cool that still doesnt proves shit anywhere because demons also seem to speak english and also every other fucking fictional universe has ALIENS speaking in fucking english but I dont see you saying its 100% proof that english is the mother language of the universe.

Like youre so fucking autistic you cant understand what suspension of disbelief is.

Demons and doomguy speaking and understanding english is literally just that, suspension of disbelief, you cant present the game in a language no fucking player could understand.
>>
>>344967080
Halo generation and other similiar narrativists need context. They don't get playing a game for the game.
>>
>>344967313
you're the one typing paragraphs in Pert And Perfect Grammar and getting visibly upset over this buddy

you're mad.
>>
>>344966010
God damn. If there's a sequel or an expansion I want to clash against that fucking thing with my chainsaw. Like a sword fight just a thousand times gorier.
>>
>>344967123

The presence of chainsaws in mars has been a meme since doom 1, in doom 3 theres a room full of chainsaws and a PDA message says "why the hell are there chainsaws here? Theres no trees to cut" "whoever ordered this did it as a bad joke" and other shit, its just a throwback.
>>
File: ripandtear.gif (536 KB, 381x512) Image search: [Google]
ripandtear.gif
536 KB, 381x512
>>344967406

Yes I explicitly say that people who make up shit about game lore and who try to establish their own headcanon as fact make me mad.
>>
>>344966903
Hell is exactly as fucked as it was to begin with. Maybe even worse.
>>
>>344967543
you're getting mad because someone's interpretation of a game's explicitly stated lore doesn't fall in line with your own and you've resorted to name calling and backpedaling to justify your position

and you have the audacity to call other people autistic? when you're arguing that you don't understand the significance of body gestures?

man. imagine being you. you must be a riot at parties.
>>
>>344967313

What instances are there in DOOM 4 of demons talking when they're not explicitly communicating with humans?
>>
>>344967657

Its not "explicitly stated" you gigantic nigger, explicitly stated would be saying "This guy right here had already fucked up a hell invasion, in a different dimension, yeah those UAC guys also opened a hell portal there and this guy stopped it all and went to hell and kicked hell's ass and then demons invaded earth and he kicked their ass again...its the same guy"

Thats what "explicitly stated" means, whats on the actual lore are just ambiguous statements, the actual explicit lore says he was a night sentinel from argent d'nur which is clearly NOT earth but somehow you keep insisting thats not what it says.

And youre the autistic who's trying to write a script for a fucking gesture.

Like just answer me this: Do you know that "chainsaws on mars are ridiculous" are literally a DOOM MEME since doom 1, you do know this, right? Just say yes or no.

>>344967681

The slayer's testaments im pretty sure they didnt recorded them for humans. but its english because I dont know of any human person in real life who speaks demonic.
>>
>>344967657

Boi I dont think you know what "explicit"
>>
>>344967948
i'm just imagining you wearing nothing but a pair of cumstained ill-fitting boxer shorts fuming and sweating profusely with both of your unloved handles hanging off of the armrests of your chair, screeching like an injured cat at the idea of someone choosing to interpret doom 4's intentionally open lore in a fun and interesting way

"autistic faggot" you scream, but not too loud, because you don't want to wake your mother in the next room. poor old girl's pushing 70 years old now. she needs her sleep. let her have her brief respite from the reality she has to suffer through every day where she needs to care for her 35 year old virgin son because some letter from the government says he's incapable of working.
>>
>>344960947
>>344962049
>>344962338
Why don't you read the ingame files, retards?
>>
>>344967948
"wore the crown of the night sentinels" isn't exactly explicit.
>>
>>344967948

But that's not an instance of demons talking. For all we know it might be transmitting the information straight to his mind and his mind is interpreting it as English, or the device that plays it automatically makes itself understandable to the listener.
>>
>>344967948

And you're assuming that the demons that wrote that had completely accurate information.
>>
>>344968159

I have absolutely no issue with the first thing.

I have an issue when they try to establish say interpretation as canon, 100% fact, and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

>>344968323

Sure man I guess you could also say the bullets that come out from guns are actually made of rainbows, if that floats your boat.
>>
>>344968484

So now we're saying that the game lore cant be trusted?

Yeah we just crossed those grounds.

"The game lore is wrong, it has to be what I want it to be!"

Next youre gonna say something like "I know that the hobbit says that bilbo took the ring from gollum but how do we know he wasnt lying? maybe he killed sauron to get it, yeah thats definitely what happened"
>>
>>344968542
so you do admit that you're living off of your mother, that you've been diagnosed with a debilitating work-preventing illness, and that you are completely nude except for your cumstained boxers, that you are completely unloved, and that you definitely stained those boxers jacking off to loli porn
>>
>>344968542

>Sure man I guess you could also say the bullets that come out from guns are actually made of rainbows, if that floats your boat.

>Comparing a device made by demons in hell to conventional firearms

The guns have codex entries that explain exactly how they operate. The contraptions in hell don't exactly have a UAC operators manual to go with them.
>>
File: 75715622.gif (949 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
75715622.gif
949 KB, 301x300
>>344965840

>Doom guy learned Hell++ and reprogrammed his suit's combat systems and computation using it.
>The sigil speak is simply his suit's OS selecting Homo Erectus Sans text
>>
>>344968669

No, I'm saying that the characters who exist in the lore who wrote the history that we read can be wrong. Coming to wrong conclusions due to a lack of information on their part.
>>
>>344968689

I do live with my mother and the rest of my family since im 22, dont try to project on my life, anon. Today I went to have lunch with a very cute girl whom I'd like to have sex with soon, but we'll see how that progress. After that I went to the gym and squatted 202 lb, got home practiced some guitar for a while and they played vidya. Does knowing my daily routine makes you happy?
>>
>>344968825

You really think Doomguy knows programming?

But I'm willing to bet the wretch that worked on his suit did.
>>
>>344968736

It was a joke anon, saying that it seems that you'll just add twists and excuses to justify that the slayer's testament isnt english and that demons aren't talking in english.

btw in the last level, dont you hear a demon telling THE OTHER demons that you must not be allowed to the wraith's bodies?
>>
>>344968863
>After that I went to the gym and squatted 202 lb
waddling to the pokemon gym doesn't count as pokemon gym and you don't measure squatting by how much you weigh
>Today I went to have lunch with a very cute girl whom I'd like to have sex with soon
your sister isn't going to put out dude
>>
File: 2019.jpg (33 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
2019.jpg
33 KB, 853x480
>>344968930

Yes.

He learned programming through RAGE Osmosis 101

Hate knowledge into cognitive absorption.
>>
>>344968980
>doesn't count as pokemon gym
i meant "going to the gym"

it's 5 am
>>
>>344962694
His armor has english letter marks.
>>
File: forty keks.png (224 KB, 358x310) Image search: [Google]
forty keks.png
224 KB, 358x310
>>344968980

This is the cringiest shit I've read today, please stop it, not even the guy you're quoting but this is pretty pathetic and you're now going full autismos, hope you 2 are proud of yourselves.
>>
>>344969140
>not even the guy you're quoting
Yeah, you are.
>>
File: 1460906636082.gif (73 KB, 500x541) Image search: [Google]
1460906636082.gif
73 KB, 500x541
>>344965040
I want to reap his tear if you know what i mean.
>>
>>344969221

No he's not
>>
>>344969221

if I say yes will you throw in another insult from your bag of palpable autism?
>>
>he brought back demons for hell energy
>oh they escaped

wow surprising!
>>
>>344969604
at some point someone should make a game where you play as that guy that fucks everything up like a dumbass
>>
>Doom 1: A guy who has anger issues sees his comrades die and decides to fuck up demons

>Doom 2: An extremely pissed off guy thinking he saved humanity to only find out that demons already flooded Earth.

>Doom 3: A newbie Space Marine who just says "Fuck it" when demons start coming through

>D44M: A pissed guy who is tired of the bullshit that universes do that allows demons to come in and fuck it up after millennia of seeing universes getting fucked by hell

Fair assessment on each Doom guy?
>>
File: D44M ritual sacrifice.jpg (203 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
D44M ritual sacrifice.jpg
203 KB, 1920x1080
>>344970593
You probably play as the guy being sacrificed.
>>
>>344971148
That works too but is rather unexciting.

I wanna play a game where I'm not the hero or the villain but the guy that just fucks EVERYTHING UP and tells a hero to fix it
>>
>>344970992
fair enough but Doom 1 is just pure guesswork
>>
>>344971148

>Hayden tells her nothing escapes him and that he keeps tab on her
>somehow she manages to start a satanic cult and weaponize demons under his nose
>>
>>344971148
Aren't they supposed to be scientists?
>>
>>344970992
well doom 3 guy (rookie) isnt the doomguy, doom 3 is a prequel to the original doom, doom guy comes after the events of doom 3 and tries to figure out wtf is going on, then after coming back form hell the demons already started attacking earth, killing his pet rabbit and throwing him into a murderous rampage to make them pay for it, he cleaned up the mess again and decided to stay in hell because he believed the only way to achieve peace was to kill them all, this is when every custom doom wad happened, and eventually he was trapped away (i presume by the demons or someone else) and was released again after the demons returned
by Samuel Hayden (the ceo of mars or whatever) because you were the only one that could stop them
>>
>>344972036
I know that, I was just examining their personalities.
>>
>>344972241
well in that case, i doubt he had any idea he was saving humanity in doom 1, he was just wrong place wrong time trying to get home, but then home was overrun by demons killing evertything he loved, so he decided the best thing for humanity was to make sure this never happens again by killing them all and he does this for as long as he can until captured, and then awake to a CEO telling him that this was for the best of humanity when all he says is death and destruction of humans all around him, he obviously gives a shit about life above all else, that's why he backed up that sentient ai right before he died, doom guy is about saving lives not taking them, he is just completely brutal and unforgiving in the way he saves lives (sorta ends justifies the means sort of thing) which is really what Samuel was trying to do, he may have saved countless lives on earth that would have died without argent energy, like really maybe the world was at the threat of complete and total collapse of society and nuclear war was very very imminent and then boom, infinite power source, not more arguing and fighting over resources because it is literally unlimited
>>
>>344972036
>eventually he was trapped away (i presume by the demons or someone else
After killing the Titan, who was either the icon of sin or just some real fuckin big duder that was ultra evil, he went to a Blood Temple to fuck up some more demonic priests and they trapped him. According to D44M codex.
>>
File: doom marine.png (500 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
doom marine.png
500 KB, 600x600
This is the most insane thread about DOOM I've ever seen..
>>
>>344974497
rip and lore
>>
>>344975946
huge guts
huger lore
>>
>>344976841
YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS

THAT MUST MEAN YOU HAVE HUGE LORE

RIP AND LORE
Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.