[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are many awful areas in Dark Souls games besides this one.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (35 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
35 KB, 460x215
There are many awful areas in Dark Souls games besides this one.

>thinking that Blighttown or Farron's Keep is better than anything in this game
>>
DS2 is the only correct answer for 'best Dark Souls game'.
>>
OFFICIAL POISON AREA RANKING
Blightown > The Gutter > Farron's Keep
>>
>>344941757
The Gutter may be shorter, but still think it's the worst because poison was turned up to 11 in that one.
>>
>>344941921
The rave dungeon that follows it is worse, there are more of those, and it triggers both NPC and Player invasions, however it is incredibly funny to fight there once you know what's up.
>>
I still hold that Blighttown has fucking BRILLIANT design. The flaw was in the framerate, but the PC release fixed that problem. Farron Keep was fine. Maybe a little dull, but fine. It may not be better than DS2's best, but it's certainly better than its average.
>>
>>344941921
>but still think it's the worst because poison was turned up to 11 in that one.
That applies more to Black Gulch than the Gutter I think. The statues are pretty forgiving in the Gutter.
>>
I like Blighttown and the Gutter
Can't say annything about Farron yet.

Dark Souls 2 really does not have any particular bad areas that are annoying to play. Even the poison hell that was Black Gulch felt like it was fair because you could finish the short area in multiple ways.

The only area in DS2 i really dislike is the Shrine of Amana
>>
I actually just finished DS2 yesterday and I really don't understand why it receives all the hate it gets.

Mind you I've only ever played Demons Souls and Dark Souls 2 SOTFS but i thought the game was incredible and kept me hooked from beginning to end and can't wait to do all the DLC and check out a guide and find what I missed out on the first playthrough.

I enjoyed it much more than Demon Souls and find it hard to see why it gets the cold shoulder in the Souls Series but it makes me excited to go and play DS1, DS3 and Bloodborne once I've completed everything in Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>344942856
DaS is fantastic.
DaS3 is very polished but it's basically a retread of DaS1 without doing anything original.
I'm a PCuck so can't give my opinion about Bloodborne.
>>
Farron is kind of boring, but I don't dread going through it like I did with the Gutter. Blighttown is great.
>>
I'm playing through 2 again after playing 3, and I've come to realize that Dranglaic and the areas you visit literally have no soul.

>linear levels
>nonsensical transitions
>so many areas that invasions are spread out and therefore rare (made worse by the lack of a red eye orb in the game)
>light/uninteresting lore for most of the settings

And that's just level design. DS2 has a lot going for it, but it's definitely the worst in this respect.

3 might be linear in the grand scheme, but the individual levels are top-tier.
>>
Blighttown was cool because if you actually explored, you could circumvent all of the annoyances and go through New Londo.

I feel like the internet ruined that for some people, but on NG3-ish when I discovered that, it was a super good feeling.

One of the neatest things about the game is the lack of teleportation; I always loved that once you descended into Blighttown, you then had to fight your way back out. It made it feel like a proper adventure
>>
File: 1410929993351.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1410929993351.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
The worst thing in Dark Souls 1 is not Blight town, it's the jumping section on the rooftop of firelink shrine where you need to do to get back to the asylum.
God dammit. Platforming in souls? Not even once.
>>
>>344943605
>linear in the grand scheme

you have no idea
>>
>>344942856
I like darksouls 2 also, but it has its flaws
>most non DLC bosses are too easy or generic
>more liner level/world design compared to the original
>worse art direction with many areas where texture tiling is super apparent
>having to warp back to the hub everytime you want to level up
>invincibility frames tied to a stat
>soul memory punishes you for death
>>
File: 1358740339645.jpg (46 KB, 510x419) Image search: [Google]
1358740339645.jpg
46 KB, 510x419
>Putting Faraam armor at the very end of the game
>Not even that good

Why couldn't they have let you aquire it early?
>>
>>344941921
>finally get through the gutter
>black gulch
>nope
trying to stay away from it as long as possible
>>
>>344941757
I hate the gutter simply because if you mistep, you die. If you fuck up a jump, you die. If you forget the fucking path like the retard you are, you're probably going to die.
I haven't done Blightown in it's entirety since my first playthrough. Now I just get master Key and skip that shit
>>
Post yfw you cleared Shrine of Amana pre-patch.
>>
>>344945417
You can skip blighttown?
>>
>>344945774
Start with master key, or as a thief, there's a shortcut in the beginning of New Londo that takes you to Valley of the Drakes, you can then use an elevator to take you straight to the swamp area of Blightown, a stones throw away from Quelaag's place
>>
Upper Blighttown is one of the highlights of level design in the entire series. Not that anyone fond of 2 would know anything about level design anyway.
>>
>>344941757
What about 5-2 and Nightmare Frontier
>>
>>344946439
I agree with you about Blightown and I liked 2 as much as 1. Fight me.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.