[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Good games that could've been way better.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: LAnoire.jpg (397 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
LAnoire.jpg
397 KB, 1920x1200
ITT: Good games that could've been way better.
>>
(X) Doubt
>>
more like L.A. Snoire

seriously I fucking struggled to stay awake literally all the time while playing this fucking piece of shit
>>
>Have a fucking blast the first 2 hours of L.A Noire
>Then all went to shit
Life is suffering
>>
File: 1423748739779.gif (2 MB, 360x236) Image search: [Google]
1423748739779.gif
2 MB, 360x236
>>344941076
I really liked LA Noire as is, but I realize I'm one of the few people that feels that way.

I think the biggest problem with it is is it tried too hard stay GTA-Like even though it was going for a much more serious story, I would say GTA 4 ironically also suffered from this same problem but to a lesser extent. La Noire should have aimed to be more Mafia like, but with more police investigation/job elements added in.
>>
Sleeping Dogs, based on how hard they were pushed by the publisher and how much got cut
>>
>la noire
>good

this game is dog shit. it has literally no reason to be open world despite the open world being very detailed. also, the fact that you can pass the cases even if you get all the questions wrong is batshit retarded. dont even get me started with the forced as fuck plot twist
>>
> Good games that could've been way better.
isnt this like every game though that isn't extremely bad and should have never happened...
>>
>>344941076
>only fun thing to do in the game is to find the secret vehicles
>most of the time if you enter a mission with a secret vehicle it will automatically unequip the vehicle and equip you with the police vehicle

fuck this game
>>
File: 1467977359390.jpg (216 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467977359390.jpg
216 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>344941076
Obligatory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rNV61Rpo-0
>>
File: Mafia_II_Cover.jpg (190 KB, 634x806) Image search: [Google]
Mafia_II_Cover.jpg
190 KB, 634x806
>>344941076
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAxjUPr-kqI
https://tcrf.net/Mafia_II
>You will never get to play the full version of Mafia II.
>>
>>344941076
Red Dead Redemption and MGSV
>>
Every game could be better OP. The only game that is so perfect it literally can't be improved upon is Tetris.
>>
>>344943028
Which plot twist, Phelps being an adulterer or the one guy killing all the women. Also if you couldn't pass the cases by not answering all the questions correctly it would become a mighty repetitive guessing game, not to say it isn't already but still.
>>
>>344944916
phelps being an adulterer, and there should at least be some sort of punishment to the players for fucking up the questions.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGnUGFwraL0
>>
>>344945258
I was playing it recently and had to redo interrogations cause I fucked them up.
>>
Traffic > Vice > Homicide > Arson

That game did lighthearted with occasional drama much better than it does flat out drama, and the overarching plotline was fucking shit. I always get the urge to replay it but I can never be arsed to finish it.
>>
>>344941076
I like this game, but mostly because I'm such a die hard film noir fan. Really nails the atmosphere of the film genre. The interrogations part of it seems to be a little unfair, at times, though
>>
homicide had so much potential but they just dragged it on for way too fucking long
>>
File: 1451783667767.jpg (20 KB, 349x385) Image search: [Google]
1451783667767.jpg
20 KB, 349x385
>>344944916
>the one guy killing all the women
God fucking dammit I hate homicide. I remember raging at the end of one mission because I kept expecting to go to the ballroom where everyone said the girl went to pour her heart out to a bartender, but it's never even an option to scope the place out. Who fucking knows if it even exists in the game map.

Should have just given us a bunch of unrelated murders instead of making a long winded point about police corruption.
>>
File: 1400366574652.jpg (14 KB, 235x250) Image search: [Google]
1400366574652.jpg
14 KB, 235x250
>suddenly playing as jack "princess" kelso at the end of the game

I've never been less attached to a character from a story-driven game, which is impressive after what a bland motherfucker Cole was. Doesn't help that his actor is the worst in the game.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.