[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Venom Snake accomplished more than the other Snakes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 21
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 216x216) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 216x216
Venom Snake accomplished more than the other Snakes.
>>
Apparently the real Big Boss was in South Africa creating Outer Heaven while Venom was up to his shenanigans. I wonder how?
>>
>>344932129
Venom was fighting Skull Face and preventing a world threat while Big Boss was building his "muh outer heaven" mercenary group.
>>
>he thinks Venom is actually the Medic

Damn fools, that's what Trolljima wants you to think. Ahab aka Venom Snake IS the real Big Boss. There was no other. It was all a ruse cruise.
>>
>>344933181
It all makes sense now. So that''s why Big Boss had a horn and a robotic arm at the end of MGS4. Oh wait...
>>
>>344933502

BB in 4 was reconstructed from a charred corpse. Also, his hands were gloved.
>>
>>344933502
>Horn
Removed through better science.
>Arm
A more realistic arm was given to him, through better science.

>But... why would Kojima want this?
Because Big Boss is delusional. The Snake you see in the trailers is who he really is: A monster. But he disassociates himself. He only remembers comitting the good acts (saving child soliders, ect) while shifting all the evil acts onto "Big Boss". But it's all in his head.

The paz subquests proved that Snake was delusional, and you shouldn't trust anything that we see through the lens of his eyes.
>>
File: quiet_char_56.gif (2 MB, 265x331) Image search: [Google]
quiet_char_56.gif
2 MB, 265x331
he also got the cutest girl
>>
>Ishmael directly states that Venom is talking to himself
>when he injects the digoxin, the camera leaves it ambiguous as to who is being injected
>Ishmael never helps Venom move by dragging him around for instance
>Ishmael 'helps' Venom to relocate his arm, reminding Venom that this is something that he should do himself
>Venom later heals his own broken ankle
>the camera angle directly switches between the eye viewpoints of both Venom and Ishmael
>when Ishmael says 'you take the one on the left, I'll take the one on the right', he in fact never shoots

Just a figment of the imagination bro
>
>>
>>344932129
I'd rather have played that.
>>
>>344934107
I'd be a little pissed off too if I was tricked into killing a woman I loved by the government.

Thing is we knew Big Boss was the bad guy in the Metal Gear games. Don't know if i'd call him a "monster" since he kinda disowned himself and called himself a fool at the end of MGS4.
>>
He is a doppleganger, didn't accomplish as much as the other snakes, an enjoyable video-game character nonetheless.
>>
>>344934875
Also

>Ishmael and Venom have the same VA
>>
>>344934183
Too bad he can't tongue kiss her or penetrate her with his snake because he'd probably die.
>>
>>344934875
Nah dude he shoots if you just sit there. He's trying really hard to make you think he's just a figment of your imagination. Doesn't make any sense still. My money's on Ocelot wearing a mask with a voice changer attached to it. I think he also plays the part of Skull Face since he's absent from mission 30 entirely. Would explain why Skull Face dresses like a cowboy. Makes the end fight of mgs4 way better too. That's my head canon.
>>
File: 8wUDrn3.jpg (10 KB, 286x405) Image search: [Google]
8wUDrn3.jpg
10 KB, 286x405
So the one thing I don't understand is why he was just totally cool with assuming Big Boss' role after the hypnosis wore off. You'd think he'd be a little more freaked out than he was.
>>
Big Boss is dead, his ghost live through venom via the horn
>>
>>344935773
He doesn't know what the fuck is put in his cigar. You're constantly vaping weird herbs that put you into day long trances, taking accelaramin (amphetamines) and all sorts of other shit. Shrapnel lodged in your head making you see shit. Hypnotherapy. Heavily invested with Diamond Dogs and shit. What else could he do? Him bitching at Ocelot would have been nice.
>>
>>344934183
I'm not quite sure I understand. Why is everyone so enamored with this girl?
>>
>>344935773
Wasn't he shaking when the doctor told him he has been in a what, 10 year coma?

Also if I had to choose to be a paramedic or a Snake, i'd rather be a Snake.
>>
Venom Snake literally did shit.
Ocelot found Kaz
Kaz found Huey
Huey told Ocelot where to find Skull Face
Kaz found Eli
Eli killed Skull Face

Any E rank combat unit member could do Venom's job.
The only thing Venom did on his own was build a metal Gear and then get killed by Solid Snake
>>
>>344936430
She's very attractive and is the real life version of the game's sexy heroine.
>>
Why the fuck was Volgin there
>>
>>344936523
We'll he took on the entirety of Soviet military force in Afghanistan and the rogue, illuminati special forces XOF, along with niggas with super powers, plus a giant ass transforming killing machine that puts peace walker to shame.
>>
>>344935773
>"Good luck, Big Boss."
>"And don't forget, it's what HE wanted."
>"Now do you remember? Who you are? What you were MEANT to do?"

I thought it was pretty obvious that the medic consented to becoming Big Boss' body double.
>>
>>344936430
It's only one guy shitpostinh in every mgs5 thread with his autistic fantasy
>>
>>344936816
I wonder if it would have been better if he was instructed by Big Boss through a tape to do it. He probably would have done it. The player most certainly would have.
>>
>>344936971
wrong, the silent majority stand with joost
>>
>>344936807
This, he'll this is almost even on par with what fucking Raiden did in MGRR.

Big Boss and Solid Snake couldn't even stop FOXDIE, and Big Boss killed Zero at the last second.
>>
For the non-portable Solid games, In retrospect -- its kinda cool how you never play as the same Snake.

MGS1 - Solid Snake
MGS2 - Raiden (discounting the tanker tease missions)
MGS3 - Big Boss
MGS4 - Old Snake (Sure its SS, but very different from expectations)
MGSV - Venom Snake
>>
>>344937089
Kinda pointless comparing feats due to sequel escalation, really.
>>
>>344937089
Also, Venom is probably responsible for the vast majority of the Big Boss stories 10 after the game. He also stopped Big Boss's plans without killing him by sending the info about Outer Heaven, capturing Gray Fox, guiding Solid Snake, and sacrificing himself like The Boss.
>>
>>344936807
>took on
you mean snuck though a few tiny guard posts.
He inherited everything from Big Boss. He couldn't have accomplished any of those feats without hundreds of soldiers backing him.
>>
>>344937319
Not really. MGS3 had better boss fights than MGS4, would it be wrong to compare feats between those two?
>>
File: 3284827.png (135 KB, 288x415) Image search: [Google]
3284827.png
135 KB, 288x415
>>344933959
Oh, you just reminded me.

Can we talk about how fucking retarded it was that big boss was put together completely from another person's body and looked completely fine?

MGS4 just taking liberties and jumping sharks with midichlorian tier plot devices.
>>
>>344938138
The fights were better but I wouldn't say they were stronger, considering advanced technology present in 4.
>>
>there are people in the multiverse that think Solid isn't the best Snake
>>
Ground zeroes was a virtual mission
>>
>>344934875
He does shoot if you sit there. He also says you're pretty good if you head shot both guys.

I love the theory that skullface is BB or venom is actually BB, but the game isn't vague enough to pull it off. Kojima rode the fence too hard on hammering home details, and trying to be vague so the game can be left up to interpretation.
>>
>>344938649
What happened to Motherbase?
>>
>>344938486
The characters in 3 were just cooler and presented more impactfully imo, but yeah, I have to agree they didn't play better.

Dueling volgin and the boss with cqc, the whole shagohod chase, cowboy duel with ocelot, and sniper duel with the end wouldve all been amazing with MGS 4 or V technology.

I'm not a big fan of the fury, the pain, or the fear though.
>>
>>344938619
Solid was a tool used by the Patriots. Nothing more.
>>
>>344932129
The real Big Boss was gathering resources and men for Outer Heaven while Venom Snake and Kaz were going after Skull Face.

So while Venom was in Central Africa taking mercenary jobs and fultoning men and equipment for Mother Base, Big Boss was in South Africa taking mercenary jobs and fultoning men and equipment for Outer Heaven. Oh, and he also fought with Gray Fox, met loli Naomi and sent her to the U.S.

How? Easy. All throughout the game you hear the enemy soldiers gossip about Big Boss. If people say "Big Boss is in Africa," it wouldn't be suspicious that he would move back and forth between Central and South Africa for different missions. The fact that "Big Boss" was in two places at once made the Big Boss legend bigger and made him more famous and feared.
>>
>>344938383
There areally other retarded things as well. Like how Revolver Ocelot is totally different in MGSV compared to other games. Or how Raiden went from a light-voiced qt blonde haired boy to a psychopath in Metal Gear Rising, then went to being calm in MGS4.
>>
>>344939045
Only if the Patriots master plan was destroying everything they build and killing everyone they were supposed to safeguard.
>>
>>344931803
He's non canon so it doesn't fucking matter you
>>
>There are people in this thread who approve of boss battles in stealth games

Disgusting. Dishonored had really clever, stealthy ways of dealing with bosses. It would have been fantastic to see that sort of thing in MGS.
>>
>>344938383
To be fair, 2014 in the Metal Gear world was very highly technologically advanced.

Big Boss was reconstructed with parts from his clones, the DNA is almost identical enough to prevent his actual body from rejecting the body parts. You also have prosthetic cyborg bodies that can almost pass for a regular human (Raiden in the epilogue). Who knows how Big Boss really looked underneath that trenchcoat?
>>
>>344939128
I meant to say fought alongside Gray Fox*
>>
File: bg_next.jpg (283 KB, 2000x1290) Image search: [Google]
bg_next.jpg
283 KB, 2000x1290
>>344932443
Big Boss kills his mentor/mother/love for his country, survived almost drowning fighting the dead, creates the blueprint of what Outer Heaven came to be (MFS), bench presses Peace Walker, and literally runs laps around Shagohod.

Venom shoots at a robot that is hardly functional until Kid Mantis gets bored.
Doesn't even fight skullface.
and dies by a hot can of pantene pro v.
>>
>>344939605
>dies by a hot can of pantene pro v
That's the real Big Boss, anon. In MG2

Venom Snake dies in MG1 with rockets to the face
>>
>>344938383
>midichlorian
That's a false equivalent. Midichlorians were bullshit because it demystified the force. There was never any magic in Metal Gear, just "science" that acted like it.

On that note, it would've been detrimental for the Cobra Unit's powers to go unexplained. Not that Kojima should've in 3, but given the lengths he to explaining magical elements in the other entries, eventually he would for the series's over arching continuity.
>>
>>344939235
>People actually use terms such as "canon"
Here's your (You), Nicola and Bart.
>>
>>344939762
Raven and Mantis were never explained with nano-machines or parasites
>>
File: 1468380477646.gif (5 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1468380477646.gif
5 KB, 500x500
>>344939830
Kek
>>
>>344939762
Was Fortune diverting RAY missiles from her after that thing on her waist was taken away ever explained?
>>
>>344931803
And he didn't need Skull Face babysitting him from the shadows
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (142 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
142 KB, 1920x1080
How did Big Boss get around with his actual face while Venom was running Diamond Dogs and Outer Heaven until he died in MG1?

How did no one notice that an American spec-ops unit (FOXHOUND) and a nuclear-armed rogue nation (Outer Heaven) were seemingly run by the same person?

What was the point of having Ocelot advise Big Boss that he swap his face with the Medic's old face, only to have BB ignore that advice?
>>
>>344940131
She was really Lady Luck
>>
>>344940221
Metal Gear Online is the real Big Boss gathering troops and training them to be the real Outer Heaven anon. He's literally your default character in MGO.
>>
>>344940601
Kojima is a master storyteller.
>>
File: 1467934902671.jpg (98 KB, 544x626) Image search: [Google]
1467934902671.jpg
98 KB, 544x626
>>
>>344939605
>MGS3 Snake based off of his MGSV look
>Only used as promotion for slot machines
Kill me, please.
>>
>>344940867
His fans have better theories about the plot than what is presented in the games.
>>
Instead of having us go on the real Big Boss adventures we went on the Chinese knock off version of his adventures.

While Venom was fucking around the real Big Boss was fucking shit up in Iraq and Iran, exploring the Himalayas, fucking around in Mexico, buying land in Russia, abducting scientists, fighting in Rhodesia, saving Gray Fox, acquiring sniper wolf as a loli as well as Naomi as a loli, meeting up with a guy that could clone himself via mirrors, some fucker that mastered the art of dogs, and other shenanigans. Then he goes back to America because he can.

Fuck MGSV for everything it represents.
>>
File: venom.png (426 KB, 386x491) Image search: [Google]
venom.png
426 KB, 386x491
Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>344941059
I could just be missing it, but I've never seen Kojima go in-depth on the story of the MGS series. It''s mostly about game design and voice actors with him.
>>
>>344941369
Blame Kojima. I think at the end of the day he himself was too much of a Big Boss fanboy to make him actually do anything evil.
>>
>>344941369
Other than the scientists (Pettrovich), Grey Fox and Naomi (Rhodesia), and Sniper Wolf (Kurdistan), could you explain the rest of that?
>>
>>344941458
What exactly are his scars?
Surgical scars?
Scars and shrapnel from the bomb and chopper crash? Both?
>>
So there were two Big Boss in Africa + Solidus training kids for the CIA in Liberia at the same time?
>>
>>344941916
He had a face transplant.
>>
>>344941871
Every boss in MG1, MG2, and MGS1 are directly related to the adventures of Big Boss in some fashion.

He also took Sniper Wolf to Nepal on vacation.
>>
>>344941038
Yeah, it bugs me how old he looks. I think it's his beard being thicker and Keifer's nose.
>>
>>344941916
movie 80s surgical face transplant scars.

He's meant to look like a big boss frankenstein
>>
lol no he didn't.

The point of MGSV is how much the lives of Venom and Skull Face fucking suck because they think they're accomplishing a lot and changing the world when they're just puppets being controlled by Big Boss and Zero.

That was LITERALLY what MGSV was all about, how Big Boss and Zero destroy the lives of everyone involved in their shit.

I don't understand how you could even insinuate that Venom did more for the world that Solid.
>>
>>344940221

Because the ending was tacked on at the last minute.
>>
>>344942036
Yes. BB was in Zanzibar. Solidus in Liberia and Venom in Angola or whatever.
>>
>>344936430
she has a very girl next door-y thing to her. she's honestly only like a 7/10 and has buck teeth, but it makes her seem more personable.
>>
>>344936816
Venom did not say yes, which means he did not give consent and therefore was raped. Check your body double privilege, shitlord.
>>
>>344942561

I dont think you know what buck teeth are
>>
File: Big_Boss_MGS4.jpg (62 KB, 250x331) Image search: [Google]
Big_Boss_MGS4.jpg
62 KB, 250x331
>For all our advances in nanotechnology - information and genetic control - they've never been able to control people at will, let alone turn one person totally into another.

>venom snake happens
>>
File: Iroquois Pliskin.jpg (24 KB, 235x345) Image search: [Google]
Iroquois Pliskin.jpg
24 KB, 235x345
>>344931803
Actually Solid accomplished way more than the other Snakes. It was just for the patriots instead.

To think that if Big Boss was such a bitch and just kept David instead of trying to kill him, he could've actually won.
>>
File: 2860125-1984.jpg (34 KB, 720x519) Image search: [Google]
2860125-1984.jpg
34 KB, 720x519
Is it just me, or was anyone else expecting more of a blood dragon-esque, heavy 80s, terminator type of atmosphere to the story and settings?

I expected psuedo 80s cyborg plot twists, with PTSD, and dumb 80s action movies tier sound effects and villains that took themselves way too seriously. The only person that fits that bill is skullface, and he barely has any screen time.

This game's time setting feels so jarring to me, it's referenced decently, but I don't feel like im in an 80s sci fi espionage movie like in previous games. MGS 1 and 2 felt very much like they were in the semi distant 2000s, mgs 3 felt very much like the 60s. V however, feels NOTHING like what an 80s movie setting would feel like. The technology was insanely advanced, and outside of that everything just has this call of duty level realism to it. I love the game, but i fucking hate it at the same time.

Maybe im full of shit, and completely set myself up for disappointment though.
>>
>>344941458
He's the ugliest Snake to be honest.
Big Boss in general aged like shit. Solid on the other hand just sexier better with age.
>>
>>344942561

I'm not sure you've ever seen real buck teeth
>>
>>344942980
>completely set myself up for disappointment though
You and everyone else mate.
>>
>>344942752
ok whatever that was wrong, she has a protruding overbite then. I meant she has kind of a horse-y mouth.
>>
>>344942098
Sorry, I just went through the character bios of all the MG1 and MG2 bosses (as dumb as that sounds) and I could not find anything related to the Himalayas, Mexico, cloning via mirrors, or "the art of dogs" (unless you mean wolf-dogs like Sniper Wolf).
>>
File: old snake.png (678 KB, 500x713) Image search: [Google]
old snake.png
678 KB, 500x713
>>344943007
Old Snake is still hot in a weird old man way.
>>
>>344942980
I was literally thinking that myself when I was playing. The tech is so advanced you forget it even takes place in the 80s. Other Metal Gears were grounded at least somewhat in their time period. Even Peace Walker with AI in the 70s was better than wormholes. When the Cold War was mentioned it was like "Oh yeah... that's still happening, right?"
>>
>>344942598
Ocelot tells Big Boss that the medic wanted to become the body double. Why would Ocelot lie to Big Boss?
>>
>>344943546
He only put that mustache on to scare unfaithful dykes like Meryl away
>>
>>344943546
>>344943007

Always thought he was a bit jowly, 4's BB is more rugged and therefore more handsome
>>
>>344931803
He was also cuter.
>>
File: beardedsnake.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
beardedsnake.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
>>344943546
I still wish we would've gotten gray bearded Snake in 4. The mustache is still good though.
>>
>>344939762
Midichlorians didn't demystify shit

Dot get me wrong here those movies were bad but it amazes me how idiots harp on the most inconsequential shit about them instead of the shit that actually matters
>>
>>344942980
Kojima wanted a VHS filter at some point but the last-gen hardware couldn't handle it.

Also not all 80s action movies were Blood Dragon, Kung Fury, and Hotline Miami. Those are just over-exaggerated parodies of the worst 80s excesses with crappy faux-analog filters.
>>
>>344941770
That's because Big Boss never WAS evil. Ocelot even explains that when many of MSF's men went on to create their own PFs, they twisted and turned Big Boss' story to get over the pain of losing him. Even in some of the guard chatter, the guards speak of Big Boss with reverence. The "legend" of Big Boss is nothing more than a series of embellishments, which is why some see him as a hero and others as a madman.
>>
>>344943725
>Why would Ocelot lie to Big Boss?
The man who lied about almost everything he ever did? Dunno.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 300x281) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 300x281
>>344943007
>Venom
>ugliest Snake
I can understand if you find Solid more attractive than him, but he's way prettier than Big Boss.
>>
File: old nips.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
old nips.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>>344943805
Old Snake looks much more frailer than BB in 4. I actually think he even looks older at the end.

But those nip tho.
>>
>>344942980
I dont think you're alone, I figured since Kojima was a giant movie buff we'd basically get his rendition of terminator.

I was convinced venom was a cipher cyborg that was goin to go evil to smear big bosses name, that's why he was all stitched up and could "survive" a fucking shrapnel horn in his skull. The elegia and not your kind of people trailer had me convinced the twist wasn't that it wasn't big boss, but that he wasn't human. Then add in how emotionless and stoic venom is.

I would have loved a more sci fi take on mgs. You ever see Halloween 3? I basically imagined that, pure 80s sci thriller shlock, but instead we got waifus and half finished farewells story plots.
>>
File: 1468378181808.gif (456 KB, 160x159) Image search: [Google]
1468378181808.gif
456 KB, 160x159
>>344935709
>implying he would want to
>>
Now the real question here is why did Zero, Sigint and Para Medic give a single fucking shit about The Boss
>>
>>344943725
>Ocelot
>ever not lying
pick one
>>
>>344944143
But Big Boss is his husbando.
>>
>>344936535
and the heroine was left alone goes nuclear and died, maybe killed herself.
>>
>>344944060
Alien Isolation had VHS effect and worked no problem.
>>
>>344944007
Solid dosen't do beards, even his mustache is a way to differentiate himself from BB and his brothers that were obsessed over being like him.
>>
>>344944357
What makes it even more hilarious, is they're in the fucking presidents room and seem completely dumbfounded why snake is upset.

Such a stupid fucking story. God I hate mgs 4
>>
>>344944429
Ocelot was a lifelong Big Boss loyalist since MGS3. He betrayed everyone but him.
>>
>>344944570
This.
"VHS filter" is just chromatic aberration, noise and mild scanlines so I dunno what Kojima was about. But then again he knows shit about programing and technology in general.
>>
>>344942980
The skulls felt like they were from an 80s sci fi movie. Listen to their sound effects and their boss theme. If that's what you mean, but for the entire game, I too expected more of that.
>>
>>344934107
>people actually believe this
>>
>>344944357
Zero was so compelled by The Boss's will to unite the world that he persuaded everyone else in Team Snake Eater to help him realize it, despite how twisted it eventually became.

The question then is, are they all just acting their part during the MGS3 ending by cheering on Big Boss for killing their icon/martyr?
>>
>>344945185
you're doing literal mental gymnastics right now with this post.
>>
>>344944328
Yeah, I have seen H3 and probably would have loved that in MGS form. Thematically I imagined a plot similar in tone and feel to what >>344944906
said.
>>
>>344945547
No I'm pretty sure that's stated in one of 4's many retarded cutscenes or codecs

You don't have to like it but you don't need to use buzzwords to dismiss it in favor of your head canon either
>>
>>344946175
I try to remember as little of 4 as i possibly can, if its officially stated then. I read your post as if you were defending it.

My mistake, anon.
>>
>344936626
Really makes you think...
>>
>>344944263
KOJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>344941458
>having scars
>perfect
>>
File: 1468087442524.jpg (60 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1468087442524.jpg
60 KB, 1920x1080
>>344944263
>Venom is the horribly disfigured protagonist
>Still more handsome than most people alive
Why is Quiet so punished wanting a man that's too good for her?
>>
A reminder that killing Quiet is canon, because unlike Ishmael, Kaz and Ocelot, you won't get a Time Paradox/Mission Failed message when you kill her.
>>
>>344948540

Venom doesn't get a Time Paradox death either...
>>
>>344939762
I wonder what science gave vamp his powers.
>>
>>344948956
Nano-machines son
>>
>>344949086
That's how they were enhanced, but he already had powers before that.
>>
>>344948369
>scars
>not adding onto perfection
Dependiong on the type of course, but Denom doesn't have any straight up disfiguring scars that aren't left by the big piece of shrapnel in his head.
>>
>>344948772
When player characters die, they don't get time paradoxes.
>>
>>344948540
No, but you do eventually have to go back and pick her up to get 100% completion which is canon.
>>
A bit of an aside but why the FUCK do the weapon icons fail to accurately represent when there is a suppressor on the weapon? There is absolutely no excuse for this, it was a feature present in MGS1 with the SOCOM all the way back in 1998, and it was present in Ground Zeroes, released a few months prior to Phantom Pain, plus every other game too. What a shitty, dumb oversight.To be clear I'm not talking about the suppressor durability bar, I'm talking about the weapon's icon itself.
>>
>>344949252
parasites son
>>
MGS4 did so many things right but got overburdened with little things they did so wrong it becomes glaring flaws, like cutscenes for example.

It could have been a GOAT game, but it wasn't. Well, it was because of MGO back then but now that's gone.

MGSV was going to be the MGS4 that Kojima had FUN making it, but it seems it wasn't a case too.

What a wreck, Kojima, what a wreck.
>>
Solid accomplished more, that's undisputed fact.

Venom didn't do shit accept for everything BB wanted.
>>
>>344949252
Is that so? I always felt that explaining Vamp that way was the most egregious thing in 4 but it seems I misremembered the details.
>>
>>344939605
>fought for someone else's dream
>unable to keep fucking Militaire Sans Frontieres from getting wrecked even though it's supposed to be a fucking full military
>kills The Boss and worshipped her instead of truly understanding her wish and fucking it up every time he tried
He's an idiot...a hard working idiot but an idiot nonetheless.

Venom denuclearized the existing PMCs at the time and stopped a fucking viral outbreak while Big Boss got to play Patriots
>>
>>344935709
he could but the idea of speaking afterwards is a no go, you stupid faggot.
>>
>>344935709

yes he can, the parasites don't activate unless she speaks English
>>
>>344935765
ishmael is Big boss acording to the ending of the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjwyfnc8UE0
>>
>>344949462
>Doing the repeat missions (e.g. Extreme/Total Stealth/Subsistence) is canon
No thanks.
>>
>>344936393

suddenly it makes sense why he doesn't talk much. He's stoned out of his fucking mind the entire time. you would be too if you spent an entire day vaping Afghan Kush
>>
>>344949893

Those are actually the most fun missions in the game you giant pussy.
>>
>>344937432
>This continuously bothers me
Playing msg5 right now and for zero to uses venom as a decoy, but wtf is more important than the distribution of nuclear warheads from skull face
>ignoring the fact only he has any viable use for them
>>
>>344949893
>Those are just how he did them the first time in canon.
>>
>>344941369
Big Boss got to do fun stuff as a Patriot and Venom had to do the real work of establishing bases, inspiring troops and actually building the resources for Outer Heaven.

There's nothing to suggest, at this point, that any of the hard stuff was done by Jack since he fucked well right off when he was needed
>>
>>344931803
You should check out a character called Solid Snake, he did considerably more than all others.
>>
>>344950163
> also kills venom on orders from big boss
>>
>>344942304
He neutralized Skull Face and prevented catastrophe but Solid did way more than any other Snake.
It goes Solid >>> Venom >Raiden >>>>>>> Big Boss
>>
>>344950246
The Patriots sent Solid Snake to kill Venom.
>>
>>344941369

>While Venom was fucking around the real Big Boss was fucking shit up in Iraq and Iran, exploring the Himalayas, fucking around in Mexico, buying land in Russia, abducting scientists, fighting in Rhodesia, saving Gray Fox, acquiring sniper wolf as a loli as well as Naomi as a loli, meeting up with a guy that could clone himself via mirrors, some fucker that mastered the art of dogs, and other shenanigans. Then he goes back to America because he can.

lol in your imagination maybe
>>
>>344950283
MGRR is canon, Raiden gets boosted a bit.
>>
>>344950321
Big boss wasnt orchestrating all of it?
>>
>>344933181
https://www.reddit.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/comments/4sakdt/new_theory_ground_zeroes_and_the_phantom_pains/

Actually my man venom is actually skull face but before he got his face all burned and the horn taken out. as you can see from this well written and thoughtfully provocative post from our friends at NBGO o/ skull face is actually him from the future. all of our friends at NBGO know this to be true now and so they upvoted it many times because it just makes sense.

shine on crazy diamonds
>>
>>344931803
Solid Snake accomplished the most.
>>
>>344939131
>Revolver Ocelot
>REVOLVER Ocelot
>Raiden went from a light-voiced qt blonde haired boy to a psychopath in Metal Gear Rising, then went to being calm in MGS4
>>
>>344950354
But at that point he was his own man instead of being Solid's replacement.

Even so, id say the feats Venom took on we're actually on par with at least the first boss in MGRR
>>
>>344950619
that's what I'm sayin yo
>>
>>344950698
Shh that didn't happen
>>
File: 1465950659679.png (164 KB, 570x558) Image search: [Google]
1465950659679.png
164 KB, 570x558
>>344931803
Is this a new "did nothing wrong"?
Because he literally did nothing at all

>>344934107
>and you shouldn't trust anything that we see through the lens of his eyes.

>there's a camera zoom sound when you focus to mark
Fuck.
>>
>>344949770

Code Talker said the dormant parasites transfer through saliva, but he wouldn't want to ever kiss or penetrate her to begin with.
>>
>>344939131
Revengence is in a weird spot time wise and it explores his past and how he's dealing with it hence why he turns super edgy
>>
File: 239084324.jpg (20 KB, 300x370) Image search: [Google]
239084324.jpg
20 KB, 300x370
>>344950559
>Ocelot isn't called "'Revolver' Ocelot", just "Ocelot"
>Tfw Revolver Ocelot is the real Ocelot's body double
>>
>>344950997
They only start spreading once they start breeding. The larvae spread, the parasites are stuck to their vocal chords.
>>
>>344950775
>did nothing at all

He stopped a deadly plague that would've killed millions, freed dozens of children from being child soldiers, and successfully deceived the world that he was the real big boss so the actual one could proceed to enact the Boss's vision.
>>
>>344951539
And none of it is remotely hinted at after the events.
Futuristic tech is one thing, bionanomachines and giant stolen metal gears are another
>>
>>344931803
hes still shit compared to any snake, mgsv fag
>>
>>344944579
>Solid doesn't do beards
It's like you never played MGS or MGS2.
>>
>>344951798
that's stubble you retard.
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.