[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite Souls Boss?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1461548205508.jpg (354 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461548205508.jpg
354 KB, 1920x1080
Mine has to be pic related. Everything about this fight is perfect.

>well designed AI that does a good amount of leaving openings and punishing people
>large number of horizontal swipes and AOEs which makes her fair better against people who do coop
>nice large arena that makes it possible for long range users to zone her, but also gives people room to heal
>memorable music
>probably the best design in the entire game as well as leaving the best armor set
>huge ass
>great atmosphere thanks to the burning area, her deep breathing, and the noise her feet make
>massive moveset maybe the biggest of any Souls boss
>good combination of extremely slow attacks to bait rolls and extremely fast attacks to punish people not keeping up

I love this boss. Only thing about her I don't like is that she's a roadblock for having fun at all whenever you replay the game. I'm trying to do a Hollowslayer Greatsword run and it sucks that I have to beat her as early as possible if I want to upgrade this weapon more than +1 for half the game.

My second favorite is Ludwig. Only reason he isn't my favorite is because of his first form. The contrast between first and second form is awesome and it makes the second form cooler, but the problem is that his first form is way too much like most of the other BB bosses. Had he been in a different Souls game, he would automatically be better because the screaming monstrous beast that spams R1 is way too common in BB
>>
>>344898948
DaS3 has some of my favorite boss designs in the series but is let down by the pathetic amount of health most bosses have making them too easy
>>
>>344899134
Nameless King has a large health pool and that along with a few other things is precisely what makes him such a shitty boss
>>
>>344899304
Nameless King has a good amount of health the only bullshit thing about him is the fact that you have to fight the dragon again every attempt
>>
File: not tumblr i promise.png (299 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
not tumblr i promise.png
299 KB, 500x400
>>344899134
tfw lord skeleton is so kewl to look at but so so trash fight

when he summons that sexy sword hnuuuggg (if you let him live that long)
>>
>>344900832
What's wrong with his fight? Not everything has to be a duel. I think his fight is creative and fun. Plus it has a great atmosphere. Setpiece bosses can be good if done right. Demon's Souls was all about gimmicky but memorable bosses.
>>
>>344899134
>>344899304
>common complaint of Bloodborne bosses was that bosses had too much health, making them a chore
>Meanwhile, DS3 bosses had too little health making them too easy
>But then again this DS3 boss had too much health which makes him bullshit
Good thing FromSoft soon done with this series. There's no way to please this fanbase anymore
>>
>>344902136

it's ridiculously easy to beat him. Probably easier than pinwheel.
>>
>>344903119
>Probably easier than pinwheel.
Pinwheel LITERALLY dies in three hits. Nothing is easier than him.
>>
CHAMPION MOTHERFUCKING GUNDYR
>>
File: 1463271241713-0.png (1 MB, 1280x1069) Image search: [Google]
1463271241713-0.png
1 MB, 1280x1069
>>344898948
>huge ass
>best armor set

I literally don't equip anything else on my female characters.
>>
>>344900367
Dragon dies in half a minute if you know what you're doing though.
>>
>>344903518
The fact there are no doujins of her starting out as a hopeful knight who is then forced into a corrupting, living armour that slowly drives her insane until she turns into a bloodthirsty beast driven by pure instinct, is a travesty.
>>
>>344898948
>DS: Knight Artorias
>DS3: Either the Soul of Cinder or the Nameless King
>BB: tie between Ludwig, Gehrman the First Hunter, or Lady Maria
>>
>>344904220
>No Champion
>No O&S

Opinion discarded
>>
>>344905049
>No O&S
Reason: rage. Lots and lots of rage. But you're not wrong. They are fantastic.
>>
It's Ludwig by a mile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALbVEmzY5S4
>>
I found lots of the Souls bosses too easy or obnoxiously aggressive, so Prince Lorian and Lothric are easily my favourites, for being thematically really good but also a pretty fair, enjoyable fight in itself.

They have a few tricks up their sleeves but they actually make your mistakes matter and give you some space if you do fuck up, every other boss just roll-catches you ALL THE FUCKING TIME and then continues their 21-hit combo when you're long overdue to heal.
>>
>>344905319
It's just because of the music, isn't it?
>>
>>344902839
You're quoting two different people's opinions no shit they conflict. I can't wait for summer to end

>>344903119
Why does that have to be a bad thing though?
>>
File: 1462369422071.jpg (57 KB, 780x1024) Image search: [Google]
1462369422071.jpg
57 KB, 780x1024
>>344903518
>>
>>344905690
at least a third because of the music
>>
I think Dancer is way more fun at a low level solo. Intense, for me anyways.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.