[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
F
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: thisisthefutureyouchose.png (1 MB, 1279x1522) Image search: [Google]
thisisthefutureyouchose.png
1 MB, 1279x1522
F
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with the games on the bottom.
>>
now that mobile phones are becoming a necessity obviously more people are going to have them opposed to the luxury that are game consoles
>>
>>344898854
Go back to bed, grandpa.
>>
>>344898854
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_in_video_gaming
It'll never be this great ever again.
>>
its over gaming is finished and nintendo put the final nail
>>
If you've purchased any handheld hardware or software since the Gameboy Advance, this is your fault.
>>
It's only a matter of time before apple and Samsung reveal their """""gaming""""" phone line
>>
>>344899154
They're really boring and basic, and games like Farmville involve paying real money for fictional goods.

If you don't see the difference between that and Dark Souls, you're beyond hope.
>>
>>344898854
>all the games on the bottom are clones of others
you cucks can't complain about unoriginality anymore
>>
>>344898854
More people = worse everything
>>
>>344899683
>If you bought the DS, the greatest handheld of all time, this is your fault
Uh no
>>
>>344898854
those aren't video games, those are apps. the most popular video games right now are probably league of legends and grand theft auto.
>>
>>344900049
>pokemon go isnt a video game
/v/ woulld like to disagree
>>
F
>>
>>344900326
if it's only playable on a mobile phone or web browser then it's an app, not a video game.
>>
>Warcraft II
>in a top 4 most popular games of the 90s
Really?
Don't get me wrong, not saying it is bad but I could find better examples
At least put a fighting game like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter
>>
>>344899360
>us 2000s kids
>>
>>344899802
>meanwhile Mario Party 48 is coming out and that will be okay
>>
>>344898854
>Doesn't even post good series from today.
Also pokemon was built in the 90s.
>>
>>344900561
I say this without hyperbole.

That is the dumbest thing that has ever been posted on /v/.
>>
>>344900862
Popular used to mean pretty good when it came to vidya. Now it means the opposite.
>>
>>344900872
i doubt you've been on /v/ for long enough to make such a claim if you're defending mobile games.
>>
>>344900561
So runescape is an app :^)
>>
>>344898854
I don't see anything wrong here.
>>
>>344901051
Dark Souls is decently popular with people who actually play games these days, I wouldn't say it's bad. It's a decently challenging game that allows for a lot of playstyles and leaves the story to be interpreted from the player for the most part.

Also do you consider Ace Combat recent? I know all the great titles are on the PS2, and PS1 if you are playing the Jap version of 3. So maybe it's a tad bit old, but they are making a new one. Though I can't say it's popular.

Also GTA is pretty fun and popular, despite what /v/ says about GTAV.
>>
>>344902634
yes, i forgot to mention any F2P "game".
>>
>>344902904
So TF2 and LoL are apps
>>
>>344903040
yes, that's what he implying
>>
>>344902858
Kys Generation Zhitter
>>
>>344898854
fucking remove the blizzard shit and put c&c on there you fucking shill.
>>
>>344903169
For what purpose, he is talking about modern games that are popular and still good. Two of the three are popular, and all are fun.
>>
File: Chewbacca lumpy.png (208 KB, 324x294) Image search: [Google]
Chewbacca lumpy.png
208 KB, 324x294
>>344899785
Yes, they are boring and very very basic, that's their goal, a simple quick game. That is exactly why they are popular.
>>
>>344903040
no, those exist outside the realm of a web browser, so they are video games.
>>
>>344898854
Op, you're equating some of the most "well regarded" games of the 90s with casual gaming. You can bet your ass more people were playing Solitaire, Minesweeper, Pipes, Skifri and the like during that time, and the same population fuels free to play casual gaming, i.e. everyone (including you).
The only thing that's changed is that there's a readily available online distribution model for these type of games, so instead of being freeware or included with other software, they are accessible for anyone ins exchange for generating ad revenue/pay to win trough addictive personality types.
>>
>>344898854
>1990s
Have to spend hundreds of dollars on specific device made to play game, then another $60+ on each individual game. The device is reliant on an external display and requires you to be tethered to a power source at all times.

>2010s
Download games for free on the major communication and information device you already have, which is small and light enough to carry around anywhere.
>>
>>344903616
>Solitaire, Minesweeper, Pipes, Skifri
Now that's a valid point most people forget
Nostalgiafag are really the worst
>>
>>344904427
all that stuff you said about 1990s is why those games are better.
>>
>>344898854
The industry will crash soon.

When Video Games became mainstream, they went to shit because it was no longer marketable to make games with depth that catered to people for whom gaming was a serious hobby.
>>
>>344904427
Those specific devices still exist, they are called Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One. I'll give it OoT was better than Skyward Sword, but nothing has changed as far as consoles goes, except DLC. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>344904787
>muh second video game crash meme
I've been hearing this story on /v/ for at least 4 or 5 years
>>
>>344903616
>skifree
>not THE casual filter of the 90's
I bet you couldn't get past the Yeti
>>
>>344899683
But handheld games are still good, they're just not that popular because people switched to casual mobileshit.
>>
Your logic is flawed because nearly everyone has a smart phone. Not everybody has a console or pc that they use for gaming.

I understand the point you're trying to make but you are really reaching.
>>
File: video games.png (2 MB, 1279x1522) Image search: [Google]
video games.png
2 MB, 1279x1522
>>344898854
Fixed
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.