[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHICH IS BEST DUKE?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_o21af0BqWs1sedriuo1_1280.jpg (343 KB, 1280x791) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o21af0BqWs1sedriuo1_1280.jpg
343 KB, 1280x791
WHICH IS BEST DUKE?
>>
The not sexist one.
>>
Character design alone? Gearbox.
>>
>>344892550
This. Others look like HoloDukes, only good to fool dumb aliens. A normal man however knows who's the real duke.
>>
>>344892414
3D realms
Gearbox dook looks like he hasn't hit the gym or the roids in a while
Interceptor is out of proportion
>>
>>344892414
Duke was always shit and only people who played thr games when they were children think differently
It was literally just a reskinned doom or wolfenstien
>>
>>344892665
>3D realms
Shut up Scott.
>>344892668
>It was literally just a reskinned doom or wolfenstien
Blow it out your ass Carmack. Two decades and you're still assmad that Duke 3D was better than Quake.
>>
>>344892668
Duke 3d had way more interactivity in the environment than Doom or most Doom clones though. And a lot of the interactive parts were thrown in there for fun, not everything was put in strictly for functional reasons like Doom 2 and Doom 64. It was arguably the first FPS to feel like you're in the real world, the only comparable game is Strife but even that was still pretty abstract. Even though I'd argue Duke 3d was more revolutionary than Quake, Quake was fully 3d obviously but it was still just Doom gameplay, Duke really showed what was capable in FPS games.
>>
>>344892668
>It was literally just a reskinned doom or wolfenstien

Literally underage: the post
>>
>>344892668
underage
>>
How much time did 3D Realms really spend playing other games when developing DNF?

Even in 2008 it looked like a turd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMp1xfsXTik
>>
>>344894040
Alot. The version of the game we got came at a time when 3DR was too busy doing barbecues and playing wow to give a shit.
I am not making that up.
>>
>>344892414
Character designer here

Interceptor

His boots are cool, his proportions are humorously stylized (Duke is a humorous character remember) and the other two just look like generic American dudes
>>
>>344894164
I heard they played Quake 3 around the early 2000s and Quake 2 previously, but to my ears that sounds like rumours.
>>
>>344894359
Shut up Fresch.
>>
>>344894359
But he's too pale.
>>
>>344894570
Don't know what that is

>>344894586
Nah, he's got a healthy glow!
>>
>>344894502
That would not be surprising. I know for a fact that the wow and barbecue stuff is legit because a former intern at 3DR spoke about it on a podcast back in 2011(Christ knows where i can find the link to it now). It's somewhere floating on youtube though.
Quake stuff would probably be legit knowing the ethos of 3DR. They were an independent developer AND publisher with lots of money and no real leadership. Broussard was the first mate letting everyone jerk off for a decade but Miller was the captain asleep at the helm.
>>
>>344892414
The one who has metal rings around his biceps and wears pink, so none of them.
>>
File: douk nouk em by tch.jpg (149 KB, 864x825) Image search: [Google]
douk nouk em by tch.jpg
149 KB, 864x825
douk is best douk
>>
>>344892414
Sam
>>
File: 2v92k1v.jpg (163 KB, 1128x1599) Image search: [Google]
2v92k1v.jpg
163 KB, 1128x1599
Best Duke right here.
>>
>>344892414
Duque Nuquem, from the alternate reality in which everyone is a mariachi.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.