[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone remotely hyped for GTA VI or any rockstar game after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10
Is anyone remotely hyped for GTA VI or any rockstar game after Leslie Benzies left?
It's like R* died for me
Enjoy your micro transaction economy Houser you piece of shit.
Pic related, the good times will never return without the Benz, GTA VI will be shit, mark my words.
>>
rockstar have been shit for years
>>
GTA VI will be at least playable and probably better than GTA V, with tonnes of TECHNOLOGY that we'll all be mindblown with when the game comes out, mark my words.
>>
>>344878348

im kind of amazed non-indie single player games are still even being made

multi is always better
>>
It was fun while it lasted.
>>
File: 1467671608171.png (281 KB, 535x466) Image search: [Google]
1467671608171.png
281 KB, 535x466
>>344878163
this
>>
>2001
>2002
>2004
>2008
>2013

takes longer and longer to produce GTA kino, lads

expect GTA IV in 2020
>>
File: 1464612448632.gif (360 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1464612448632.gif
360 KB, 500x375
Honestly I didn't know anything about him before the firing thing. But from that report I read it seemed like he held things together pretty much. So I'm really curious how well they will manage their projects now. Like the Housers were the general idea guys, and then Leslie actually managed things
>>
>>344879136
>GTA
>ludos or kino ever again
>without Leslie Benzies aka the Rockstar Magician aka "what's a game genre? Show me one, I've never seen a boundary" the man
Expect it to be shit as well
>>
GTA Online was a mistake
>>
>>344879136
What is kino
>>
>>344878026
The series died with SA for me, which I consider to be the pinnacle of the franchise.
GTA IV brought a lot of negative points for me (for the sake of the argument, I'm gonna name a few):

>yet another rendition of New York, instead of using some other setting
This was fine in transition from 2,5D GTA2 to proper 3d world of GTA3, but it's fucking lazy when moving from one 3d world to another
>discarding events of the previous generation
Once again, fine when moving into full 3d, not so fine after that.
>taking place in modern day again
VC and SA proved that series is far more entertaining when it period pieces
>shitty protagonist
>boring world
And the most heinous one
>both expansions take place in the same city as the main game
Think about it: with GTA3 generation, we got 3 entirely different settings and moodsets. GTAIV and episodes take place in the same city

And so, after IV, I don't even wanna bother with V
>>
>>344879253
I knew about him when I read Jacked, the GTA book, about 3 years ago, I've admired him ever since.
>>
File: gtasa.jpg (47 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
gtasa.jpg
47 KB, 640x448
>>344878026
> tfw you'll never experience gta sa for the first time ever again
> tfw you'll never boot up samp, dick around with your friends ever again

just kill me already, time doesn't come back
>>
>>344878026
You're going to be waiting a long time. They won't even touch VI until shark cards stops making them money.
>>
>>344879360
It's an irrelevant term that overweight faggots made up overnight a few months ago. I've been visiting this website since 2006 and have never once seen it, despite the ratio of weebs being much higher back then. Encourage kinofaggots to commit sudoku
>>
>>344879136
Please kill yourself, this board would be slightly better if you and your bandwagon of kinofaggots were all dead.
>>
>>344879610
But what does it even mean, games? Makes me think of movies
>>
File: 1465229409658.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1465229409658.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
>>344879712
It's a way of saying a game is good without anyone knowing what the fuck they are talking about.
>>
>the Houser brothers had been struggling with RDR for years and it was an unstable piece of shit
>Sam asks Benzie for help
>game is ready in a few months
>fast forward years later
>Sam fires Benzie to fuck him over
Rockstar is finished
>>
>>344879712
kino < cinema < film < movie < flick < joint
>>
>>344879712

kino means cinema in russian

somehow faggots over at /tv/ think shitty weird russian movies from the 70's are good

the opposite is "capeshit" which is basically anything you dont like
>>
>>344879136
Only GTA IV was kino
>that bank heist
>>
>San Andreas
>food system that can make CJ fat if you eat too much
>weightlifting that had actually a large variance in muscle mass
>different gyms could teach you different fighting styles

>instantly back away from all of it
For what purpose?
>>
>>344880321
There are a few reasons, brand new engine, euphoria was still being experimented with, increased detail on worldbuilding and animations forced the scope of the project back.
>>
>GTA I&II with the expansions
Decent, top-down "open-world" games at the time. Based on preference, either aged like milk or were classics in their own right.
>GTA III
An okay game. The switch from top-down 2D to third-person 3D was a welcome change. Pretty good story, characters were okay for the time. Physics engine, driving, and gunplay was okay.
>Vice City
Improved on things that 3 did, but meant felt "smaller" in terms of exploration. The story was a pretty good one. Gunplay was alright, but driving and on-foot controls were a bit stiff at times.
>San Andreas
Basically the pinnacle of the series. Added shit-tons of content, gave more to do, loads of area to explore, driving and on-foot were improved while gunplay was expanded on and tightened-up. Characters and story were great while the game was pretty much the "first real" open-world sandbox of the franchise.
>IV
An okay follow-up to SA that actually took away from the previous game and only "polished" everything off. The characters could get grating the story was okay. Gunplay, AI, and driving were HUGELY improved upon while the physics engine was tweaked.
>V
Story and characters basically took a nose-dive into "DINDU" territory. Driving is somehow less-polished than in 4, physics is wonky, MICROTRANSACTIONS SON, MP content is pretty "meh" and rather disappointing given the amount of effort put into the previous titles.
>>
File: frog laughing.jpg (12 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
frog laughing.jpg
12 KB, 258x245
>he did taxi mission in every GTA

you're not an autist, right anon?
>>
File: 1408124949138.jpg (103 KB, 1050x767) Image search: [Google]
1408124949138.jpg
103 KB, 1050x767
>>344882295
>>GTA III
>An okay game.
>>
>>344882570
>he doesn't want to jump using a cab
I'm not but I did them.
>>344882791
III is great shut your whore mouth
>>
>>344883004
I was implying GTA3 was more than just 'okay'
>>
>>344878026
Yep, it doesn't seem europoors will handle AAA development anymore. Let's hope Saint's Row 5 will be actually good.
>>
>are you hyped for gta6 after that shitshow they call gta:online
i'm good thanks.
>>
>get 100% in SA
>rewarded with $1,000,000, infinite ammo, Rhino tank, Hydra, stronger cars

>get 100% in GTA V
>get a t-shirt and an achievement
>>
>>344882295
4 definitely had a terrible story. I'm not sure if it was satire or bad writing but rockstar made every character annoying and killed off after a few missions. Hard to care about any character. Also Niko goes from bum to bum with more money, unlike every other game where you also gain power/status along with money.
>>
Is VC worth finishing? I'm on PC and all the RC missions are a pain in the ass
>>
>>344883797
You don't even get a decent home unless you kill Playboy X
>>
GTA needs to stop being a shitty real life simulator full of satire shit and start being fun again like SA
>>
>>344882791
It's more opinion than anything. In comparison to VC and SA, III isn't as good. On it's own and without taking into account the other games, sure, it was pretty good for the time.
>>344883797
I think it was R* attempting to satirize the "American Dream" from an outsider perspective and having no idea what that was actually like. You have to look at each game as R* attempting to satirize the US at that point in time (The late 70's/early 80's for 3, 80's for VC, 90's for SA, etc). Problem with doing an "outsider perspective" is it requires being able to see things from the perspective of someone who might not be so fortunate.
>>
Rockstar is a complete disaster when it comes to multiplayer.

They had perfect examples with SA:MP and MTA showcasing how it's done right.

They went and made an abismal MP in gta4 and than again in gta5 with a pinch of "this time we actually tried".
>>
i dont even mind all the money pits in GTA Online because i've glitched millions of GTA dollars with minimal effort.

I pity all the retards that had to scrounge up completely legit and mock the morons that spent actual money to get rich in the game.
>>
>>344886308
but i loved scrounging up cash. the contact missions are just about the only good part of GTAO. i remember the sheer satisfaction i felt after making my first 5 million. glitchers will never get to know what that feels like.
>>
>>344884663
>The late 70's/early 80's for 3
Anon, the game takes place in 2001
>>
>>344883809
do it you filthy casual
>>
>people who genuinely hate GTA:O because they have no friends
>people who genuinely think GTAIV MP was good
>people who genuinely want to step backwards instead of making GTA:O better
>people who genuinely still think SA is the best GTA game

no wonder r* is just pumping out shit for cash, you guys are legitimately brain dead
>>
>>344878026
>GTA VI will be shit, mark my words
well you're definitely going to hate it, you've decided to

but there have been plenty of games made by rockstar that these guys didn't directly touch and they've been great.

to date, rockstar has literally not made a game I didn't enjoy. I've seen nothing to indicate that I shouldn't be interested in what they announce next.
>>
File: 1450953121624.jpg (76 KB, 763x682) Image search: [Google]
1450953121624.jpg
76 KB, 763x682
>>344888615
>t. Dan Houser
>>
>>344888905
desu it would be pretty great if he just came out and said you're all retarded
>>
>>344880078
GTA IV was literally a shittier SA
they reused every plotline except with less interesting characters
the plotlines they introduced that would have been original went nowhere and were discarded as if they had never existed (nico's gf who they were setting up to be an undercover cop)
there was nothing in there to like except the car physics.
>>
>>344889087
>GTA IV was literally a shittier SA
you should be banned for shitposting so intensely
>>
>>344878026
Benzies was responsible for the microtransactions you mong.
>>
>>344879360
>>344879691
>>344879610
>>344879712
>>344879841
>>344879941

It's a /tv/ meme you fucking morons. People say "kino" to mean the best, most artisinally pure movies.

And no "Kino" is not Russian, it's actually the German for "cinema". Eg. "Das Kino ist auf der ersten rechts, gegenüber dem Rathaus" means "the cinema is on the first right, opposite the town hall"
>>
File: 1410249766621.jpg (58 KB, 549x577) Image search: [Google]
1410249766621.jpg
58 KB, 549x577
>>344882295
>SA to IV
>physics engine was "tweaked"

righto
>>
>>344889087
I liked driving around Liberty City, visiting a nigger hood at night and beating drug dealers and crack addicts with baseball bat
>>
>>344889292
fuck off newfag
>>
>>344878163
:(
>>
>>344884663
>The late 70's/early 80's for 3, 80's for VC, 90's for SA, etc
U WOT
3 was not a period piece. It took place when it was released
>>
I miss gang wars.
>>
>>344878026
Im only playing GTA again if they pick a setting that isnt in the United States this time. Period.

Im fucking sick of playing in the same fucking cities that Ive been to multiple times IRL and even lived in for years on end in all these rehashed GTA games. Not to mention, the same old Libery City/San Andreas bullshit done and beat to death multiple fucking times now in this franchise.

Theres a whole world to explore... Tokyo, Rio De Janeiro, Shanghai, Moscow, Singapore, fuck even Hawaii would get a nod of approval from me etc... Just switch it the fuck up already! I swear if GTA VI is set in Vice City Im dropping this franchise for good.

>B-But its American satire!

I've been playing GTA since the days when they were awful, top-down 2D shitfests in the 90's and "American satire" was never the intention of GTA. Only retarded 16 year olds say this stupid bullshit, and probably dont even know what the fuck it means to begin with. GTA also had an early game set in 1960's London, just to prove you faggots wrong, for starters.

GTA is about free roaming a city based on somewhere IRL and doing whatever the fuck you want outside of missions- if youre so fucking adiment on "American satire" go watch a fucking TV show or a movie. I personally play video games for fun and unique gameplay experiences- not "satire" plot points- crazy I know!

Anyways, yeah, this series is on thin fucking ice and they better start making some serious moves or people are going to grow bored, and quick.
>>
>>344889292
>And no "Kino" is not Russian
Russians say kino too
>>
>>344878026
Im sorry, but that's a really shitty wallpaper desu
>Ceasars poorly cut out hand
>Smoke leaning his foot on nothing
>The guy with the AK has no legs
>The entire left part of the picture is both cluttered as fuck and also makes zero sence perspective wise.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.