[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Picked this up for 20 bucks today. I loved Onimusha 1-3 but never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: onimusha-dawn-of-dreams-cover.jpg (209 KB, 640x902) Image search: [Google]
onimusha-dawn-of-dreams-cover.jpg
209 KB, 640x902
Picked this up for 20 bucks today. I loved Onimusha 1-3 but never got to play this one. What am I in for? Also, there are 2 fucking disks? What PS2 games came with multiple disks?!
>>
>>344860786
>What am I in for?

That this is the weakest of the 4 games and it's not as fun but it's alright I guess
>>
Theres a 2 player mode
>>
>>344860862
I admit I'm just looking for 8-10 hours of simple action to kill some time. I know this isn't going to be some AAA sink 100's of hours of my life into game. Can I at least expect an afternoon of fun?
>>
dawn of dreams is the most fun. probably my favorite out of the 4 now that i think about it. used to like 2.
>>
>>344860786
>I loved Onimusha 1-3 but never got to play this one. What am I in for?
Radically different gameplay for one: the main character can have a partner you can switch to.
Battle system is also more action-oriented. Overall I liked this much more than the other entries.

>Also, there are 2 fucking disks? What PS2 games came with multiple disks?!
I know of Star Ocean 3, but there have been others.
>>
>>344862510
Shadow Hearts Covenant did it as well!
>>
>>344860786
Is this the one where Tengu turns out to be but the player doesn't know because he doesn't look the same because they couldn't get back to play him?
>>
>>344862716
>but the player doesn't know because he doesn't look the same because they couldn't get back to play him?

What the fuck are you trying to say
>>
>>344860786
It's a really fun game. I prefer this to the old Onimushas, the multiple playable characters allows for more backtracking and Tenkai is actually Samanosuke.
>>
>>344862716
iirc his theme is practically the same
>>
My favorite Onimusha game, having played all 3 of the other mainline games + the smash bros clone.

Music and gameplay is excellent, which is honestly all I need to love a video game.
>>
File: 1465773986905.png (179 KB, 552x428) Image search: [Google]
1465773986905.png
179 KB, 552x428
>still no onimusha collection
>>
>>344865143
Sup.
>>
>>344865143
We had a thread about it awhile back I remember and some Anon summed it up as to why they'll never get a collection. Much like the Dot Hack games it all comes down to licencing and VA bullshit. Making Samonuske and Jacques based off real people fucked them.
>>
>>344865143
Probably won't ever happen.

A combination of Onimusha's gradually dwindling popularity and the huge royalties they'd have to start paying Kaneshiro, Matsuda's estate and Reno again for their likenesses basically mean it's just not econmically worthwhile to rerelease/remaster them.
>>
>>344865293
They could change their appearance and remake the va, like they did with Silent Hill.
>>
>>344865946
Just not worth the investment. Capcom is too busy fucking up RE and raping Mega Man's corpse.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.