[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resident Evil 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: umbrella-corporation-logo.jpg (135 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
umbrella-corporation-logo.jpg
135 KB, 1280x1024
Should I rebuy this game seeing as I loved Resident Evil Rev and liked Rev2 and 6 as action games.Gameplay wise I remember hating the inventory system. Is it a good game or was it shit cause the comparison with Re 4?
>>
>>344858874
If you're getting the £16 megabundle on ps3 with most of the Resi games in existence than it's worth it.
>>
>>344858874

No it was absolute garbage.

If you absolutely must play it again just torrent it for fucks sake.
>>
>>344858974
explain the shit factors. It's been years since I played it.
>>
>>344858874
It's not worth rebuying if you still own a ps3.
>>
>>344859141
Not him, but the story. Also, Sheva is practically useless.

On the plus side, Mercs is better than in 4.
>>
>>344859141

I haven't played it since release week either.

It was fucking shit though. I wasn't hyping it either it was just a bad game.

Bad level design, bad mechanics, bad everything.
>>
5 wasnt a bad game, I don't see why anyone would piss on it so much.

My only real complaints about it are the boulder scene, and them killing off wesker in such a stupid manner.
>>
>>344859336
That shit is likely to get glossed over. The leading theory is that the Wesker in Africa was a clone.
>>
>>344859141
Personally I absolutely can't stand being partnered with an AI in this manner, I can't play the game alone because of the way your companion works.
>>
>>344859494

Jesus christ that is so bad.

I really hope RE7 is a reboot. I am sick of them resurrecting old characters or bringing old characters long lost relatives into the games.

I mean I like Jill but even she's getting to old now, unless they set the game in the 90's or early 2000's. I don't think I want to see the old cast again.
>>
>>344859494
Not that anon but I have a suspicion that the cacoon thing at the end of Ada's story in 6 is a reborn Wesker. Mainly cause they name dropped Wes pretty often in 6 and he was a main character.
>>
>>344859626
It's definitely possible thatRE5 Wesker was the original and that the current one is a clone.

However, it's implied that the current one has information/experience in The Las Plagas Incident. So, unless they inserted the original's memories into the clone, I'm guessing that the clone is the one who died in a volcano.
>>
>>344859614
I don't. RE7 already looks awful. It doesn't need to be a reboot on top of that.
>>
>>344859141
Partner ai is useless
Limited inventory because of said partner
No real challenge since you can get a free heal after dying
Game jumps around locations way too much
After you get out of the town area design is shit
Bad bosses
Zombies use guns

Mercs on the other hand is fantastic.
>>
>>344859195
I've a 360 I'm still using. I'm buying up the good games I missed out on in that generation. 6's missions for Christ and Leon were fun. So it gave me back a taste for resident evil.

>>344859271
>>344859574
I remember not being a fan of her cause she's clearly a token character. Hated the inventory too. I looked into old reviews on it and they seemed favorable.

I'm currently watching the Spaniards list to de-swayed myself from my res fix.
>>
>>344859614
Let's say Capcom decides to reboot Resident Evil

What's the worst that happens?
>>
>>344860063
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-lo4uojHDA forgot to put in a link.
>>
>>344860063
Well, I guess it's down to the cost, then. Is it cheaper to buy the current gen version?

I know individual DLC fucking never goes on sale on the American PS Store. Seasons passes and Deluxe/Gold Edition games sometimes but rarely for the ones you want. And who the fuck wants digital games when you can get physical?
>>
>>344860193
They alienate the fans of past games and lose sales after the initial boost from normies who watch Let's Players pretend to be scared at the newest "horror" games.
>>
>>344860457
Well said, I prefer the disc to digital. It costs about 6 dollars.
>>
>>344860708
The 360 version without DLC does?
>>
>>344860809
yup, with no DLC and preowned. Is the dlc that good?
>>
>>344860897

It's the only part of the game worth playing. The non Gold edition of RE5 is worthless shit. DLC is much better than the main game.
>>
>>344860809
I just checked. There is a preowned Gold Edition and its 8 dollars at my local.
>>
>>344860897
Lost in Nightmares is. I never bought Desperate Escape, but it's the only way to get Rebecca in The Mercenaries Reunion.

Lost in Nightmares comes with REmake Barry, iirc.
>>
>>344858874
have they fixed the ai at all?
>>
>>344861095
Make sure the DLC is on-disc and not a voucher if you're going with that.
>>
>>344861152
I'll give them a call and check. I want to avoid being ass blasted cause of a series craving.
>>
>>344861316
It's a voucher.
>>
>>344861138
I don't think so. I played pretty recently and Sheva just stared at those spider things as they crawled towards Chris.
>>
>>344858874
If youre playing solo, then for the love of god, give sheva sniper rifles and submachineguns ONLY. She's pretty conservative on ammo usage with those, and pretty accurate with the sniper rifle to boot.
>>
>>344861571
voucher as in If I don't buy it new ill just be buying a vanilla game with a Gold Edition cover?
>>
>>344860562
This. Rebooting isn't a smart option right now.
>>
>>344862723
Right. The PS3 version has it on-disc because of it being blu-ray, but the 360 version is fucked.
>>
>>344862843
Well...fuck getting it then.Thanks for the heads up!
>>
>>344862930
No problem.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.