[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this game have the potential to be the GOTY? When's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
File: 2976028-untitled-2[1].jpg (52 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
2976028-untitled-2[1].jpg
52 KB, 320x320
Does this game have the potential to be the GOTY?
When's the second demo dropping?
>>
File: nioh_screenshot12.jpg (714 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nioh_screenshot12.jpg
714 KB, 1920x1080
>>344854521
August, but that's my spiritfu you posted there.
>>
Yes
August
>>
>>344854521
they seem to be listening to the casuals when it comes to balancing unfortunately.
>>
>>344854754
I think a few balances to make is easier would actually be good.
Like making the oni and cyclops less of a tedious damage sponge. Also, I hope they cut down on the item drops drastically.
>>
>>344854521
I might get the game when it end up in the bargain bin for $20 - $30.
I dunno about it being GOTY.
>>
Are there any new gameplay vids? Also seems that dual kat doesnt have its own tree and that you need to combine 2 kats
>>
>>344854521

First demo was great. Just hope they didn't listen to casual soulsbabbies too much.
>>
>>344854521
Yes
Sometime in August

>>344855417
Nothing new since that wave of E3 footage when they allowed journalists to play it.
>>
>>344855454
They did and changed quite a lot.
>>
>>344855527

Yeah, I know they changed shit, but I'm just hoping it's not that bad.
>>
pc when
>>
>no character creator
>no romance system
>no pregnancy system
fucking dropped
>>
File: 1466171246317.jpg (129 KB, 380x475) Image search: [Google]
1466171246317.jpg
129 KB, 380x475
>>344855582
Never
>>
>>344855527
What did they change
>>
>>344855616
>wants romance system
>wants pregnancy system
you know, maybe you should go take a walk and do something about that?
>>
>>344854521
Who cares or why would you care if it gets GOTY? Did you enjoy the demo & looking forward to the game? I can't wait for the game to drop, just hope they don't tone down the difficulty.

>When's the second demo dropping?
August
>>
HEY WAIT A MINUTE
ARE YOU SAYING
WAIT A GODDAMN MINUTE
ARE YOU SAYING
WE WERE SAMURAI AND THE LIKE?
>>
File: 1465740923097.png (276 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1465740923097.png
276 KB, 499x499
>>344855882
>WE WERE SAMURAI AND THE LIKE?
>>
>>344855831
Someone drew up a pretty comprehensive list of stuff based on press interviews and new footage; does anyone have it?

Anyway, the most notable ones from memory were
>The lock-on system basically now just works ala Zelda and Souls
>Durability has been outright removed
>>
>>344855334
>bargain bin
>$20 - $30
wew laddie
>>
>>344855968
good, durability is for pseudo rpg shit
this is ninja gaiden revisited
>>
>>344856219
Funny you say that, since they scrapped the second version of the game since it was deemed too similar to Ninja Gaiden and considered pointless.
>>
>>344856091
Australia + PS4 game
>>
File: oldirty.jpg (196 KB, 772x503) Image search: [Google]
oldirty.jpg
196 KB, 772x503
>>344854521
I didn't even knew there was a demo until it was too late.
I swear man the fucking jews did this.

>>344855616
>no romance system
>no pregnancy system
Is your biological clock ticking or something?

>>344855938
>jpeg
>>
>>344854754
>>344854854
The changes were due to feedback from the survey, and they're going to have another one of those with the beta, so all we really have to do is ask for reversions to the bad changes. The cyclops and oni's health was fine though once you had an ok weapon, they're supposed to be much tougher but using status, dropping their Ki and high stance attacks cut them down fine.
>>344855417
It's true it shares the katana tree but it's not like you equip two different swords and they become the pair, they're their own class of weapon it seems, like hammers to axes but with a different moveset.
>>344855968
I don't have it on hand but I think I'll dig through the archives to grab the dude's list and make another post. I got this for now though. http://teamninja-studio.com/nioh/uk/demo.html
>>344856219
>durability is for pseudo rpg shit
This is literally an action RPG though. Ninja Gaiden is Ninja Gaiden, and this is not, it's Nioh.
>>
So from the E3 trailer.

William is an Englishman who's protected by a Gaelic demon who chased a Western demon to Japan?

Also Momoji's ancestor is there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQpGYsvHR78
>>
>>344854521
>Does this game have the potential to be the GOTY?
Absolutely not.
>>
Remember that they said they are not going to oversexualize this game.

BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY CONFIRMED.
>>
>>344858195
>William is an Englishman who's protected by a Gaelic demon who chased a Western demon to Japan?
Dumbest shit I've ever heard
>>
Fuck the durability bullshit. It's not needed in this game

>>344858248
Here's your (You)
>>
>>344858195
The woman in the E3 trailers was confirmed in Famitsu to be Tachibana Ginchiyo, the real-life wife of Tachibana Muneshige (The two of them are often portrayed in Japanese fiction as a kind of starcrossed lovers-deal. They're in Samurai Warriors too, from memory), who appears as a boss.
>>
>>344858195
William is loosely based on William Adams, who was a real life English sailor who came to Japan and became both an adviser to Ieyasu Tokugawa the current Shogun and an honorary samurai. Not sure if the guy he's chasing in this game is a legit demon or just using evil oni juju, and the notMomiji is probably Ginchiyo Tachibana but the rest is about right. The Gaelic demon is likely the one talking in the trailer and is also the one that gives him the resurrection powers.
>>344858362
The game's an RPG though, anything that can potentially increase the depth of the game's systems (which can and would be reflected in the combat with different enemies) should be welcomed. Besides, using whetstones and glue takes all of 3 seconds, far less if you have them on a shortcut, and having durability as well as whetstones working on both equipped weapons encourages switching things up.
>>
File: nioh.jpg (28 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
nioh.jpg
28 KB, 320x200
>>344855582
I give it a few months or so until pc version gets announced, only the demos are exclusive to ps4.
>>
Found it. Credit goes to whoever the guy is, gonna tune it up a bit too, I think there's been more stuff since.

List of changes since the alpha demo compiled by people here.
>The life and stamina bars of both William and enemies are now brighter and more colourful, as is the spirit guardian gauge
>Quick-item slots have been made bigger on the HUD, and have been expanded to encompass the entire D-Pad; also it seems that two sets of items can be mapped to the D-Pad and swapped on the fly
>Quick weapon switching is now done with R1 + the D-Pad, with the weapon icons subsequently being moved over to the stance indicator
>A second missile weapon can now be equipped
>The lock-on movement system has been changed to work more similarly to Zelda or Souls, meaning you can circlestrafe at fullspeed without turning away, instead of having to walk to stay facing the enemy
>William's breathers after running out of stamina seem to have been shortened by half
>Dodges and rolls now seem to have more weight to them and seem less glide-y than they were in the alpha
>Durability has been removed outright
>On-screen messages display whenever a proficiency point is earned for the equipped weapon, with a little display at the bottom of the screen showing how many you currently have
>Drop rate seems to have been toned down a bit
>The maximum number of each type of ammunition you can carry at once has been increased, saw it up to 20 at least, rather than the original 15
>>
>>344859301
And new information that a few anons have gleamed from press interviews that Yasuda and Hayashi have been giving the past week

>The game is currently 60-70% completed, but Team Ninja are still aiming to get it out by late 2016
>They're aiming to clock the main story of the game at around 30-40 hours
>William is the only playable character
>William only understands very basic Japanese, so the dub will more than likely be bilingual
>None of Kurosawa's Oni script (That was subsequently finished by his son and tightened up by Kou Shibusawa to make it more videogame-y) that the game was originally based on has made it into the final version, with the exception of the protagonist still being a blond samurai
>It was reaffirmed as a PS4 exclusive for the foreseeable future, but chances of a port didn't sound too good, as TN are still snakey and pissy about that DoA5 nude mod thing
>None of the prevalent sexuality from DoA and Ninja Gaiden will be there, since they felt it didn't match the tone of the game
>Around 100 side missions of varying objectives will be avaliable
>NG+ isn't a given, but they're aware of the demand for it
>No invasions, but a potential PvP arena
>The August beta demo consists of a tutorial dojo, the two levels from the alpha demo again and a new stage, the boss of which is a Hinoenma, that creepy demon lady from the TGS and E3 trailers
>Completing all three stages of the beta will allow players to get the Mark of the Conquerer if they missed it the first time, so the copypasta may have to be rewritten a bit
>You will be more than likely to change the facial appearance of your revenant
>Firearms are extremely powerful, but will cause all nearby enemies to investigate the source of the sound
>Healing hotsprings will be dotted around some stages
>There will be 24 different types of weapon available, axes and hammers are considered different types here but so are single and dual katanas
>>
>>344859627
>NG+ isn't a given, but they're aware of the demand for it
>No invasions, but a potential PvP arena

Potential PVP area I can sort of understand, but NG+ should be a given...
>>
>>344859301
>>344859627
These seem like reasonable changes

Why were people getting pissy about casuals ruining it
>>
>no NTR system

fucking dropped
>>
>>344859627
And I'll add in the footage of the new level and training dojo. Of particular enjoyment is watching the guy try to perfect Ki Pulse in the dojo. Couldn't fit it in but the wooden sword is a reward for clearing it and can be taken to other levels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmZPYTEc7hM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=282cMo0Lk6A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpeVEBpAlTc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5-doNbrjY8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HHAmSRFbX4
Supposedly they made the E3 demo William far stronger so journalists wouldn't have trouble. From what I can tell of the stats though, while the armour might be rock solid, the weapons really pale in comparison to what we got in the Alpha end game. Also the stone sentries are very clearly wimps now regardless.
>>
>>344858619
Durability doest not add any depth at all, it just makes the game a pointless grind not to make your character stronger, but just to not make in completely useless.

The way durability worked also completely went against the game's Soulslike trial and error gameplay. At most, durability should be restored when you reach a not!bonfire like in DkS.
>>
>>344860175
A lot of it will have to be seen in action and tested out, and a lot of the worry is from the official change list they revealed after the Alpha that I posted in >>344857940 when it was shown with the breakdowns showing how Japan was really upset with the difficulty. Ultimately for things like attack and defence rebalancing we'll have to wait and see, but the removal of Durability, the changes to movement when locked on and making Ki staggering more lenient will have a huge effect on the game. Like with the new movement system, changing position will just be brainless and it'll lead to dumb cheese strats on enemies with circlestrafing. Should sound familiar, no one should want that kind of thing in another game.
>>
File: irish musketeer.jpg (113 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
irish musketeer.jpg
113 KB, 640x960
>mfw the demon's Irish was actually not Google Translated horror but well-pronounced and grammatically correct
Is maith sin.
>>
>>344860821
Well, for starters, durability can actually add plenty depth if you just take the time to think about it. Already in the Alpha, different equipment had different durability levels, making it a factor in what weapon you want to use, but it also promoted fighting more efficiently, rather than just bashing your sword against their guard all the time because it wouldn't matter anyway. This can lead into enemy design too, where you might want a tougher weapon to last during a drawn out battle, or fighting an oni where you have to aim for a certain spot to not damage your weapon.

As far as grinding for repairs goes, it was really not necessary even in the Alpha. You generally should have at least two weapons with you, which is enough to handle most things, and the items would be found often enough that you would be able to stick with some favourites by the time you actually have some to stick with. The full game is going to have a shop and blacksmith as well anyway, but offering stuff at the shrine gave a steady supply of items, as well as Amrita, and you usually have enough to refill any stocks.

Also, on the contrary I think it works fine with how the game worked. You need at least some kind of lasting punishment for losing, and making your current equipment marginally weaker (if that's really all you have to use and can't fix it) would mean you have to focus more on the parts you died at. Seems to me like a kind of "Try harder this time" type deal that'll make you learn the areas better.

Also as a side note, I think the reduction to loot might hurt people who die a lot in the long run, since the Amrita and item gains from offering equipment will be reduced so they'll have lost their chance for a comeback.
>>
PvP area,fuck that I just want to invade shit,that's why Bloodborne PvP sucked
>>
>>344859301
>>344859627

i hope they nerfed headshot damage of bows. it was bit too much imo
>>
>>344854521
>Does this game have the potential to be the GOTY?
Nope
>>
>>344863110
They did the opposite actually, looking at the videos they strengthened the damage of non-headshots with bows. Personally I quite liked how they were balanced, since it made them consistently useful if you could aim well and arrows were valuable so you really had to put them to use. I had assumed that guns would have been the "high all-round damage" class to compliment bow's "extreme headshot damage while weaker elsewhere", but now that they made bows strong anyway I don't understand where they're going with it. Also equipping two different ranged weapons at once as well as having different ammo types for each seems like overkill to me.
>>
>>344863638
lol wow of course they did. i plan on buying this game day 1 but it makes me sad they are nerfing so much after making the demo somewhat challenging, it almost felt like playing DeS for the first time again.
>>
>>344854521
Potential, but from what I've seen from the new gameplay videos the level design hasn't so much dipped as it has been driven off a fucking cliff.
>>
Think this is really coming out this year in the west?
If nioh and gravity rush 2 both release this year that'd be amazing
>>
>>344859627
>as TN are still snakey and pissy about that DoA5 nude mod thing
I'm still laughing at that.
>>
>>344864218
I loved the Alpha too and like I've said it could all just be E3 demo specific and we need to wait until the actual thing comes out, but it doesn't stop me feeling a little worried about the clear mechanic changes and I feel like I already know most of what I'm going to put in the survey this time. Still looking forward to it immensely and counting the days until August though, but it just doesn't sit right with me that they changed a lot of integral mechanics based on the feedback of people that were likely unwilling to learn any of this new game's systems, instead wanting anything unique removed. Shit, I even want the old camera angle back, birds-eye view is boring and way less intense.
>>
>>344861002
I suppose they went actually got a Gaylick speaker.
>>
>>344865028
You can just pull them off the street corners in Ireland. I hear they teach that useless shit in primary school.
>>
>>344864840
I'm not so sure if it will really. In a way I almost don't want it to though. I don't want it to come out before it's good and ready and there's not that much time left in the year all things considered.
>>
>>344866784
It's not a triple A title and the mechanics were pretty much completely done from the first demo, with a foundation that tight it's just a case of mashing out assets and content.

It's an old team, I suspect they don't work at a snail's pace.
>>
>>344859627
>Mark of the Conquerer
And if they already have it?

...TWO Marks of the Conquerer?
>>
>>344867535
That's true I suppose, but I want all the weapons, skills and levels to be as tight and well designed as these first two were. Also with how much they changed from the Alpha I want them to at least be open to, and have enough time for, other changes based on Beta feedback. Curious thing, I want to play the game so much and would love it coming out sooner, but only if it's as good as I want it to be.
>>344867702
It's likely there won't be anything extra, at least I haven't heard anything about that. It would be nice if there was a different Mark for this one, but maybe it's asking too much. Feels like it diminishes the achievement of it a little since it's the different version but it's nice for people that weren't able to play the Alpha at all.
>>
There's not going to be 24 weapon types, that's fucking absurd, I can't even come up with more than 6 that fit the setting.

>Axe+hammer
>Katana
>Dual katana
>Spears
>Fists
Are all confirmed already, but that's only 5, I can think of a sickle and chain, but what else could fit a Japanese setting?

Are they counting ranged weapons too or something?
>>
>>344870403
Well they included a gun.
>>
>>344870654
Okay so
>Axe+hammer
>Katana
>Two-kat
>Spears
>Fists
>Bow
>Gun
Come up with 17 more weapon types
>>
>>344870752
Flail, whip, some variations on polearm, THREE kat
>>
>>344870403
I think they might be including ranged weapons, but that would only be about 3 or 4 at the most maybe. Still there's a hell of a lot of possible weapons they could pull from the time period, and axes and hammers count as two different types so not all types will have totally different movesets (although with that number there will be a whole bunch still), so it sounds doable and cool as fuck. Off the top of my head there's potentially
>Katana
>Spear
>Axe
>Hammer
>Bow
>Fists
>Dual Katana
>Gun
>Kusarigama
>Naginata
>Nodachi (plsplspls)
>Tanto
>Kanabo
>Ninjato
>Sabres because Englishman
>Khakkhara
And I'm probably scratching the surface. Fuck I can't wait till this game comes out.
>>
File: 1462239070818.gif (730 KB, 391x400) Image search: [Google]
1462239070818.gif
730 KB, 391x400
>>344871091
>THREE kat
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.