[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>spend $1500 on a gaming PC >games still look like this on Ultra
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 7
File: 20160713024338_1.jpg (143 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160713024338_1.jpg
143 KB, 1920x1080
>spend $1500 on a gaming PC
>games still look like this on Ultra
>>
Tell me, how old is this game?
>>
I don't care how good it looks, 1500 is a waste for a system.

Those loony laptop losers always brag about graphics, but fail to realize no one cares about their feeble attempts to justify their foolish purchase to others. Gameplay doesn't get more fun no matter how many bits and boobles you got.
>>
>>344851568
So because you dropped a fuck ton on a pc developers are supposed to cater to you?
Kys and don't play shitty games then.
>>
>>344851869
~5 months
>>
>>344851568
you fell for the "pc gaming" mem
congrats
>>
Best part of console gamers is they don't run around screeching about framerates.
>>
>>344853156
but framerate is important

more important than graphics
>>
>>344852042
Except it does, go play GTA V on console and then on PC.
>>
>>344853189
>Found the pcfaggot
>>
>>344853308
There's literally nothing wrong with the GTA V console framerate. Anyone saying something to the contrary is a vain little man trying desperately to degrade others in order to convince themselves they aren't obsessed with pointless bullshit.
>>
>>344853312
Apart from that being true nearly 100% of the time, thats just fg faggotry. Anything below 60fps in fg is unplayable
>>
File: embarassed-for-u.gif (2 MB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
embarassed-for-u.gif
2 MB, 380x285
>>344854191
Keep telling yourself that. People can see through your bullshit. You are fully capable of convincing yourself it's true and living in a delusional state of mind, but everyone can see through your meagre lies.
>>
>>344854191
lol..unplayable.

Really?
>>
>>344855472
>This is how PC gamers really think
>>
what game even is this
>>
>>344854460
>>344855472
It varies genre by genre. Virtually any genre, yeah, you can withstand some dips.

For fighting games, no. Fighting games are the one genre where FPS matters above all, because the gameplay hinges on it
>>
>>344853413
>Anyone saying something to the contrary is a vain little man trying desperately to degrade others in order to convince themselves they aren't obsessed with pointless bullshit
>Those loony laptop losers always brag about graphics, but fail to realize no one cares about their feeble attempts to justify their foolish purchase to others.
are you the same person, because your two statements are a bit... contrary? hypocritical?
>>
>>344857148
>This is what PC gamers actually believe
>>
>>344857271
Those two statements aren't contradictory...
>>
>>344853156
Except for when multiplats start coming out towards the end of the console lifespan
>>
>>344857883
>what are frame perfect moves
>>
>>344853156
Because
1. They don't have a choice
2. They don't know what framerate is
>>
PC gamers are sort of like Bernie Sanders supporters. Most people just vote and move on, right? They don't overly invest themselves. But with Sanders, it was their money on the line due to the weird donation culture around him.

So naturally they took it harder when he lost, because they were more involved than is typical.

Same thing with PC gamers. Nothing inherently better or worse about PC gaming than the other choices, but there is a large price gap, so PC gamers feel they have to justify their purchase.
>>
>>344858334
Irrelevant, scumbag.
>>
>>344858397
Are those your theories? Get out of your basements sometime and you might learn that there are reasons people do things that don't boil down to you being smarter than everyone else.
>>
>>344858716
>show good counterargument
>IT DOESNT COUNT
>>
>>344859034
Maybe because you can do frame perfect moves regardless of the rate?
>>
>>344851568
>it's another console parity thread
no, consoles will never run or look as good as PC
>>
>>344859185
>practice weeklong getting good at a frame perfect move
>during play, framerate drops from 60 to 55fps
>messes up every timing you practiced.

No, you're dumb
>>
I love when PC gamers claim they save money by pirating. If money was their care, they wouldn't be PC gamers in the first place. But anyway, using 1500 as a baseline, I could buy a console and I'd have to spend 1200 on games before a computer would be cheaper.
>>
>>344859412
That's a different issue entirely. Framerate drop can occur regardless of system, but is more likely on PC, actually.
>>
>>344859675
>Framerate drop can occur regardless of system, but is more likely on PC, actually.
>this is what consoletards actually believe
>>
>>344859403
>Doesn't mention consoles
>computer cucks still come out in droves to defend their windows waifu.

If you actually had fun with them, you wouldn't need to defend them so hard.
>>
>>344858571
>>344853156
>>344856471
>>344857883
You pc bashing console tards are fucking idiots, and that is a fact. Don't even bother posting here
>>
File: 1446522387759.png (493 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1446522387759.png
493 KB, 750x750
>>344858571

PC gaming was far more relevant 2 years ago and the year before that and so on and so fourth. PC's basically bridged the gap between last generation and current generation consoles during a time when nearly every game releasing on the market was a multiplat and Microsoft and Sony were preparing their consoles and the first and third party machine for another generation.

Perhaps it was an oversight that me and many other people truly thought PC gaming was going to take platform priority within the industry but even now PC's still run multiplats at higher settings and framerate but at the expense of a higher entry cost whilst games continue to be optimized for console. PC's get little of their own in terms of games that directly scale and justify higher end build costs. I wouldn't say I'm a happy nor proud PC owner today knowing my hardware is largely unused due to console parity and optimization whilst games build to run natively and exclusive on my system use little to none of the power my hardware is capable of.

I guess now Xbox has essentially folded and given all it's ip's to PC consoles are little easier on the wallet knowing I'll only have to buy the next Nintendo's console if it turns out good. I'm not going to buy the new Sony console though and the last one I bought was the PS1 but despite my glaring hardware advantage over consoles users, I guess I can sort of understand the simplicity of buying a console box for peanuts that essentially gets all the software you want to play on it but I think I'm a little too sophisticated to be doing that at my age, if there are barriers to console gaming for me personally that's one of them. I don't want my gaming experience to feel like a childish fun toyish experience.
>>
>Be valiant windows defender
>Rise and immediately praise Gaben for the first of six times throughout the day.
>Put on earmuffs to silence clacking of mechanical keyboard
>Spend day making comparison shots of games to prove PC superiority
>Buy thirty games on steam summer sale to save money
>Remainder of day is spent deciding what to play.
>>
>>344851568
>he only has 64GB of RAM

https://youtu.be/aDMsGl_XxTk?t=21
>>
>>344860215
>much sophistication

Your sophistication level must be off the charts, anon! Or do you prefer Mr.Channer?
>>
File: 1418098316963.jpg (405 KB, 1787x730) Image search: [Google]
1418098316963.jpg
405 KB, 1787x730
>>344860215
I don't really have top-tier hardware and it's not good enough for me to push GRAFFICKXS (although it's several times more powerful than a PS4), the main reason I use PC is for continuity. I know I'm going to be able to access these games for as long as I want to, never gonna have to worry about backwards compatibility or my games becoming obsolete because a new generation released. 99% of them will be completely accessible forever, or at least until such a point that Valve and EA can no longer provide download servers.
>>
>>344861395

>never gonna have to worry about backwards compatibility

If you think that is true you clearly haven't tried to play many old pc games on recent windows without community patches.
>>
>>344861509
I can remember almost no issues with compatibility that I've had, and fewer that rendered the game unplayable.
I guess the original Soul Reaver not having native controller support is the biggest issue I've run into in recent memory.
I had to install a community patch to get Homeworld 2 running properly but they released a remaster of that anyway.
>>
>>344861509
>PC gamer
>Thinking

Choose one
>>
>>344851568
>be a typical Sonygger
>create shitpostthreads 24/7
>wonder why me and my kind are the most hated people on earth
>>
>>344861741

>installing crysis on 64bit systems

It requires arcane sorcery to make the game run.
>>
>>344862069
Really? I've played Crysis and Warhead recently on 7 x64 and I didn't encounter any issues.
>>
>>344860215
>this guy
Sonyggers are the best at mental gymnastics and doublethink
>>
Jesus you guys
A laptop for your pc business and mmos and a console for your games.
That's the golden rule.
More than that and you go into the autism zone.
>>
>>344862190
PC for mulitplats.
Consoles for exclusives.
>>
>>344862190
That's so wrong.
>>
>>344861263
>>344862143
Meaningless posts

>>344861395
>the main reason I use PC is for continuity

I wouldn't say that's necessarily a reason to game on PC but it is certainly a significant advantage of PC gaming and reflects positively on it's overall costs. Considering that a generation and a console will eventually die and knowing a page of gaming history will essentially die with it is such a backwards idea in the age of current technology, even game servers slowly being shut down when just about anybody can host now a days is really stupid. Consoles have been behind the curve for so long now, to the point where they are only placing a burden on their users. Thanks for reminding me nonetheless of why I largely went PC this generation, the freedom is just so underrated, that and significantly cheaper upgrades instead of having to buy a console box every 5 years or so or when Sony decides the generation finishes.
>>
With new gen consoles it takes a lot more expensive PC to beat them. Last gen the budget used to be around 600-800, but now just a graphics card costs that much.
>>
>>344852042
>mfw i spend around that or more every year in upgrading my PC and around double that for my car
i may be a fat lazy neet but i have priorities.
>>
>>344862914
>mfw neo and scorpio will barely beat my i5 and 390x
Who gives a shit we have similar low level optimized api's as them now and a better base,narrower hardware selection and winblows10

New golden age of gaming coming through consolefags gonna get rekt

>Shove a 6teraflop poolaris into a xboner 2.0 ps4.5
>Still give it a weakass Zen budget cpu
cant wait till the next big wave of pc tech coming out next year stomps all over it for around the same cost as a console
>>
>>344862914
Super top of the line cards yes. Most people will get the high end cards that are 400-500 bucks which will last them a long time.
>>
File: 500usd.png (97 KB, 801x1277) Image search: [Google]
500usd.png
97 KB, 801x1277
>>344862914
You can play every modern game on high-ultra settings with a cheap pc.
>>
>>344863740
>960
>2gb vram
>'ultra high'
Yeah you sure have to be to belive that.

Poor card cant even run dx12 or vulkan properly
>>
>>344863740
With a shitty HDD that will fail within a month and a miniature micro ATX motherboard.
>>
>>344862914
Gtx 970 and amd 390 cost around $330 will max all games at 1080 and most at 1440. This already puts them in front of the current gen consoles.
>>
>>344862069
Maybe 8 years ago, retard.
>>
>Play competitively
>Must have everything on low or off because of better visibility

Sheeit, I don't even know why I bought a GTX 1070.
>>
>>344851568

Sorry you fell for the meme. Everyone does at some point. Playing the same shitty games at higher framerates and resolutions makes them better, but shit is still shit. Consoles and handhelds simply have too many games that pc cannot have. I had a pc phase during college, but once I became fully independent, I realized how stupid it was to beg every day for ports that never come. Idort has always been the master race, but /v/ has this perpetual 18-22 demographic that makes us no different from rmasterrace.

In general, if you aren't sure about something, don't make a dramatic or expensive change until you've heard a half decent counterargument. You can't rationally evaluate anything if you never see a dissenting opinion.
>>
>>344864876

Fun fact: the origin version of the game doesn't even have the 64bit files - its 32bit only.
>>
>>344864527
Micro ATX + MiniTower is the best form-factor for a simple gayming PC.
>>
>>344865030
>origin
It probably costs an additional 0.001c per download in costs to EA so they opted to stick with 32-bit as a cost-saving measure
>>
>>344865150
Why are you arguing with an Xbot? He already found a way to justify why the One was a bigger size the ORIGINAL Xbox through choice-support bias so he's in bigger = better mode
>>
>>344862874

>Considering that a generation and a console will eventually die and knowing a page of gaming history will essentially die with it is such a backwards idea in the age of current technology

You're a fucking moron if you actually think this happens. My old consoles from the 80s still work perfectly. In the event something went wrong, emulation isn't even a solution. Emulators aren't games. You can simulate a hardware environment all you want, but without roms, games will be lost emulation or not.

The freedom to not play video games you like because you're an absolutist isn't freedom at all. Freedom isn't restricting yourself to one platform, nor is it freedom for all. By denying developers any choice in the matter, you complicate the development process and basically set yourself up to fail.
>>
>>344865317
>You're a fucking moron if you actually think this happens. My old consoles

Oh wow, so you don't understand what backwards compatibility and continuity actually is. That's rich. PC has what is true backwards compatibility, something console users like you fail to grasp. PS3 and a lot of 360 games have already been lost forever because they are locked to a hardware platform that is literally finite. PS3's and 360's are no longer being manufactured and they will all stop working one day, it doesn't matter if you still hold discs because there will eventually be no way to play those games unlike PC where gaming history is preserved forever. Where did I mention emulation in my post? That had nothing to do with my point anyway.

>Freedom isn't restricting yourself to one platform
Freedom is PC gaming, fullstop. You cannot argue around how free PC gaming truly is and how locked down and DRM filled console gaming is. You will eventually loose your games when hardware stops working and that's the bottom line.
>>
>>344866019
Can you imagine the look on your face when you just buy ridiculously expensive computers so you can have a museum of all games and then you just get your hands cut off?

It's like PC gamers have no forethought.
>>
>>344866686
whats wrong with gaming on a pc exactly? I use it to play every multiplat at 4k. why wouldnt I enjoy that? I have a ps4 for the aliased exclusives
>>
>>344866686
Well now you're just being silly but I hope you see that backwards compatibility is basically one of PC's most advantageous features, it's what separates consoles between the technology and freedom gap
>>
>>344866880
Nothing. PC gamers are mostly annoying because they never shut the fuck up with their master race nonsensr and calling consoles players peasants.

If PC gaming was really that great, you wouldn't need to compensate that hard. But I don't care what you play if you're happy.
>>
File: mgsvtpp_2016_07_08_07_56_36_350.jpg (362 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp_2016_07_08_07_56_36_350.jpg
362 KB, 1920x1080
>>344851568
>spend $600 on a gaming PC
>inter-gen games look like this
>mfw
>>
>>344866895
For old games, yeah. We aren't playing in the future now. The best option, price wise is clearly consoles. Their are only meagre graphical advantages to the PC over consoles, but a vast price difference.

It's fine if you play on pc, but I can handle a bit more graininess or whatever for a thousand dollars of savings. It's about fun, not prettiness.
>>
>>344858858
He is right.
>>
>>344867395
So it all comes down to being poor > go buy console.
>>
>>344852042
>Gameplay doesn't get more fun no matter how many bits and boobles you got.

The game is an objectively better experience at higher resolutions and frame rate.
>>
>>344867434
Sure he is buds. You and him should start an elite club of people who know what framerates are.
>>
>>344867213
>but I don't care what you play if your happy
congrats anon your the biggest hypocrite I've seen in the week you disgusting swine
>>
>>344867213

What are you talking about? The only people making falseflags here are sonyfags like in op

that's called compensating for having a shitty system
>>
>>344867481
Lol, whatever you have to tell yourself. It's like saying 12 Angry Men is objectively better in colour. It doesn't matter son, because quality isn't determined by how smoothly water ripples. That's why undertale is better than some AAA games
>>
>>344867472
Do pc 's attract dickheads to buy them or does it create them after the purchase?

A question for the ages.
>>
>>344853413
but it's not just framerate in games like GTA V,
it's stuff like draw distance, number of cars/people in the street, variety of cars/people in the street

PC version just looks and acts more like an actual city, and those are things an i7 can do that a PS4 can't touch
>>
>>344867395
>The best option, price wise is clearly consoles.
That is right and something I've said before in this thread, consoles have a much lower entry cost and offer relatively good performance for the price through optimization. Where PC has it's advantages consoles do as well, I'll agree to that.

>>344867472
The simplicity of consoles in terms of being easy access to the range software that caters to the user for a very cheap price point to performance ratio what I think is great about consoles.
>>
File: 214214214.jpg (88 KB, 680x989) Image search: [Google]
214214214.jpg
88 KB, 680x989
>>344867639
>>
>>344852042
>loony laptop losers
>bits and boobles
lol who left grandpa alone with the computer?
>>
>>344868145
You kidding? Baiting pcfags is the easiest thing ever. Just look at this thread. You don't get them out of the woodwork like this when you insult xbax.
>>
>It's like saying 12 Angry Men is objectively better in colour
this might be one of the dumbest analogies Ive ever heard. and its not surprising that its coming from a 3rd world europoor.
Its actually like saying 12 angry men is better at a higher, clearer resolution, which it would be. As for framerate, a smoother experience is preferable for an interactive experience, and is irrelevant to film. guess you b8ed me
>>
>>344851568
>expecting sf to look good ever
No one at Capcom understands what "lighting" is.
>>
>>344868574
Have you seen star wars remastered with higher resolution and clearer image? It's awful. It looks fake. The film suited the era it was shot in. The low quality gave it a sense of realism, but in a higher frame rate the robots look fake and silly.

And what about psycho? Shoot that in colour and see the blood is brown, not the right colour.
>>
>>344868820
>low resolution is better
Ive literally never heard anyone jump through hoops to defend this nonsensical opinion that nobody shares. go play games on a black and white crt if resolution really isnt important.
>>
>>344868861
because theyre poor
>>
I spent $800 on my rig, and I have one that can run games at about 45-60 on medium, depending on how well it's optimized. But then again I'm using Ubuntu because I lost my Windows 7 key, so eh.

Yeah, it's comparatively more expensive than a console, but it also functions as a workspace, image and data hub, etc.
I would still argue that consoles are a perfectly acceptable deal, though I don't own any, if not for the fact that there are very few games on any of the three home consoles, that I can't just buy on PC. I don't necessarily blame this on consoles in general, but games stagnant as fuck, lately, and it's partially the fault of the consumers, us included. Brand elitism is toxic. It's a good time to catch up on my backlog, I guess.

I can't believe I'm trying to be rational on /v/. Why did I come back here again?
>>
>>344869306

dazloader
>>
>>344868861
Because the game won't work on pc.
>>
>spending a lot of money on a fucking PC
>giving a goddamn SHIT how games look like it fucking matters at all
You have been condemned to only play the text mode version of Nethack for the next month. You are not allowed to play any other games during this time. Exceptions can be made for other text mode versions of other true roguelikes.

At the end of your month of service, you will be interviewed and we will see where you stand from there.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.