[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm hunting Gogmazios in Monster Hunter 4U with 3 friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 900x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 900x534
So I'm hunting Gogmazios in Monster Hunter 4U with 3 friends and we can't kill him. Does anyone have any tips or advice?
>>
File: cia.jpg (29 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
cia.jpg
29 KB, 350x250
>>344846594
>Monster Hunter 4U
>>
Are you carting or are you timing out?

What attacks are people carting to?
Are you taking full advantage of the Dragonator and Demolisher?
Are you aware that if you break his back twice, he drops a spare Dragonator that you can immediately ram up his oily asshole?
Are you picking up the shiny he drops when you injure his tail that contains the One-Shot Binder? If you don't have Binders, are you fleeing the arena for your lives when he takes wing?
Are you aware that parts oozing oil take outrageous amounts of Dragon damage?
>>
You can't because you're playing online, which is a crutch that prevents self-improvement.

I guarantee that if you all solo the bastard then you'll be done in just a few attempts. Because doing it alone forces you to git gud.
>>
>>344847373
Good ironic post berrating shitstains who actually believe that
>>
>>344847373
Be honest, was your first Gogmazios kill a solo? Have you even fought Gogmazios at all?

Because my first Gogmazios kill was a solo, and it bordered on masochism.
>>
>>344847373
But multiplayer buffs the monster.
>>
>>344846693
U is for Ultimate, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>344847803
He obviously meant soloing the guild hall quests, not the village quests. Not to mention Gog is G-rank monster exclusive to the guild hall.
>>
>>344846594
1. Bring lifepowder and mats to make more
2. Use the resources at your disposal (binders/autocannon/demolisher/etc.)
3. Git gud u faget
>>
>>344847803
Monsters in online quests have more HP than in offline quests, but it doesn't matter how many people actually participate in the online quest, it doesn't scale. Gogmazios is "online" only, even if you solo.
>>
>>344847935
>Bring lifepowder and mats to make more
Pro tips from Francois.
>>
If anything i'd say try to aim at his legs//dick area more often and when things get really crazy use the cart mounted cannons and especially the dragon harpoons. The harpoons can knock him down for a good amount of time and if theres an insect glaive user they can fire the harpoon on his back too
>>
File: tigrex.png (630 KB, 825x638) Image search: [Google]
tigrex.png
630 KB, 825x638
>>344847769
Of course, I've soloed every monster. Though being challenged and overcoming it by getting better at the game is literally the whole point of MH.

Maybe not anymore though? More and more people seem convinced that it's about grinding, which I rarely do, numbers and DPS, which I don't care about, and getting as many shitters online as possible to carry you through quests, which IMO doesn't even sound like you're playing a game at all.
>>
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GMx1s0P8zszxpBbKLjOE-qgq5td8XDidsJHNmTqo0T8/pubhtml#

>Extremely weak to Dragon while enraged. Focus on the dripping parts in this order Torso >Tail tip/Head> Wingarms. The wingarms trip it.
>Note : Focus on dragon, hit the head and front arms when it's not dripping, easy to do after the Slam, most attacks can be evaded by going near its crotch or in front of the Wingarms.

Regardless, you and your friends will have to play better
>>
>>344848050
The French don't use lifepowder you jabroni. They are the sole reason you bring it.
>>
>>344848506
Exactly, they don't. They tell others to bring it, like you just did.
>>
>>344848184
I play for reasons similar to you in that I solo every monster and love to overcome challenge, but that's not all MH offers. From the very beginning it's also given a very strong vibe of cooperation, and many people do enjoy the character progression aspect without feeling the need to really push that character to the limit.

I'd tell someone who enjoys challenge to try to solo Gog before giving up and going online, but if they're struggling as a group, then there's no way in fuck a solo attempt would result in anything but frustration and time-outs.
>>
File: lifepowders.jpg (116 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
lifepowders.jpg
116 KB, 576x1024
>>
>>344846594
gitgud
>>
>>344848591
But that's my point, online is too forgiving and slows down your skill progress.

I.E. if you're dying online against Gog after 15 minutes, then when soloing he'll kill you after 15 seconds. This forces you to alter your methods much much quicker.

By the time you're able to survive for 10 minutes alone you should have absolutely no trouble staying alive online. And if they're timing out with three people, that's just sad.
>>
>>344848557
Just saying, if OP and his pals are struggling on Gog they probably need lifepowder
>>
Does the Dragonator fire as soon as his back is broken a second time ?
>>
>>344848775
Maybe they're timing out because they're being too careful? OP never answered any of the questions.
>>
>>344846594
Have 1 person using the cannons, best if they eat for it too to increase their damage.

Other two on the ground attacking on his ass. When he falls over hit the giant dragonator stuck in him so it pops out, then use it against him once its on the ground. Dont forget the main dragonator as well.

When he goes into the air and does that super annoying 'dropping explosive shit everywhere' move fire the ropes at him to bring him down

Fucking love that fight, I think its the best large monster fight MH has ever had. Just the right combination of stage gimmicks and actual fighting.
>>
>>344848775
Nah we have lifepower, we've always carried it.
>>
>>344848859
Yes, because it's an actual monster with actual attacks, unlike theme park rides like the Mohrans and Dala.
>>
>>344848851
Nah we aren't timing out, we get carted because of small mistakes that Gog punishes us for
>>
>>344847879
I'm aware but you had to know what you were doing there
>>
>>344846594
go back to dark souls, casual's cum
>>
Is anyone free to do a Gog hunt ?
>>
>>344848975

I'm not the original poster but what the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>344848814
It drops to the ground and fires via player interaction, but Gog also collapses in perfect position to fire it into him immediately.
>>
>>344849105
Would I have to run to his back ?
>>
>>344849050
>He doesn't know Baneposting
>>
>>344849167
Yes, someone will have to run down to his fallen backside and activate the Dragonator.
He stays down for a while though. During my solo there was enough time to break it with a Ballista and fire it just as he was waking up.
>>
File: 1468144480448.png (243 KB, 524x601) Image search: [Google]
1468144480448.png
243 KB, 524x601
>gog
holy shit I hated that braindead mountain of HP. Thank god I got lucky with randoms and we kicked its ass so many times I made every single gog armor and weapon just so I could be doubly sure I'd never have to see it again.
>>
>>344849187

No, I don't, I have a life and don't live on this board so I don't see every damn thread every day forever
>>
So when does the non-piracy pleb race get Monster Hunter Generation? Tomorrow?

PROTIP: Abyssal Mushrooms are in area 7 and 9.
>>
>>344849380
15th for most of us and 16th for AUS.
>>
File: wjANVCD.jpg (120 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
wjANVCD.jpg
120 KB, 500x333
>>344849306
>we kicked its ass so many times I made every single gog armor and weapon
>never have to see it again
I have bad news for you, anon... Gog armor and weapons suck.
But if you want to have some Amatsu EX armor, at least those sweet Torso Up gloves, you have to hunt Super Gog.
>>
>>344849380
Pirate? My copy got to me a week early and that was the site that sent it to me
>>
>>344848967

He's so fucking slow that it's hard to get punished from a small mistake and die from it, unless you get hit by his nuclear blast which isn't a "small" mistake.

What kind of armor is your group using? Any gunner shitters getting gibbed because they get hit by things they shouldn't get hit by and die horribly? If you're using low end G-rank armor then you might want to change that, and if anybody has low fire resist then DEFINITELY change that with skills and/or food.
>>
>>344849047
I need to get some Gog parts for a rapid fire pellet LBG but I need to do some shit IRL
>>
>>344848967
Pay more attention then. Gog has some pretty long windups that are relatively easy to dodge. Don't get greedy and use that I-frame dive when necessary
>>
>>344849569
I remember no part about Gog being easy to dodge. Then again I only soloed him, but every hitbox covered half the area.

When in doubt, just Fatalis the fucker and stab his foot
>>
>>344849541
More often than not it's the nuclear blast and getting stuck in his oil.

How the fuck do you get to the demolisher?
>>
Is gogmazios in MHX/Generations? I really like the monster, it just has a bit too much health. That fight really drags on.
>>
>>344849768
No. But every other monster has about the same amount of health so enjoy the rape.
>>
>>344849343
I warn you, neo-/v/, flee this place now, for remaining here too long will ruin your life. Soon you will do nothing but shitpost for hours on end and spam memes as the board infests your mind with its refuse. Escape now while it is still possible.
>>
>>344849692
He can do very, very little to somebody underneath him or glued to his back legs. He's so slow that this ideal positioning wasn't a problem even for my Lance soloing.

>>344849736
Bring Cleansers and have them always selected so a single twitch button press will free you.
Getting hit by the nuke is no small mistake and in fact a really big fuck-up. The INSTANT you hear him start up a laser beam you should be sheathing and running towards him for dearest life. Be ready to dive.
To get to the Demolisher, ride the cannon to the high end of the arena, opposite where the cannon starts. There are switches on the sides to make it move. It's not active until late in the fight and he's wounded, the game will let you know.
>>
>>344848641
I'm frankly amazed there are people at high g-rank that still don't bring life powders for every hunt, it's not like they're rare or hard o make
>>
>>344849736
>More often than not it's the nuclear blast and getting stuck in his oil.

Well that's obviously a fucking problem then, your whole group needs to go practice that shit offline or something and git gud.

>How the fuck do you get to the demolisher?

The cart with the big cannon on it moves around the arena if you hit the big buttons on the cart platform, and you can move it to the other side of the arena by moving the cart twice in 1 direction. If you don't know this already then you're probably missing out on a bunch of helpful stuff scattered around the arena, so you should look at a video guide or something to help out and make sure you use at least some or all of the stuff available.
>>
>>344850169
I would never insult another hunter by implying they need my help to stay alive.

If you try to Lifepowder me while I'm in the throes of Adrenaline+2 then you've just made an enemy for fucking life.
>>
>>344850343
I'd rather play with hunters who occasionally need a sniff of the powder to stay alive, than idiots who bring Adrenaline sets to 140 GQs.
>>
>>344850343
Adrenaline is a trash ability and everyone makes mistakes, everybody has bad hunt where they take more damage than they'd like to and lifepowders can be really helpful in a TEAM game
>>
>>344850584
Bet you don't even turn the console off when someone kills the monster in one hit.
>>
>>344849937

I'm not neo-/v/, I've been coming here for like 10+ years. I'm just busy doin other stuff instead of living on 4chan now. I escaped.

Sort of.
>>
>>344850676
Never saw that happen in my 750+ hours of MH4U. But then again, I didn't play with randoms much. Hunted almost exclusively with /v/ and /mhg/.
>>
>>344850847
Never hunted with me. We cooked together some hardcore motherfuckers and did that hunt 5 arena monsters quest.

Lifepowders? 15 seconds into the hunt and I fenced off one guy together with both monsters. We taunted him and laughed our asses off, and when he got free he fenced off me with both of them. Now that's how you play Monster Hunter online.
>>
I enjoyed the last 3DS one whatever that was called, does this one add much? I couldn't into online it seemed a bit unwieldy.
>>
File: o3kot0sMm91s2wl7yo1.jpg (375 KB, 636x900) Image search: [Google]
o3kot0sMm91s2wl7yo1.jpg
375 KB, 636x900
>>344850968
Maybe we hunted together. What's your name?
>>
>>344850991
a buncha new mechanics and some new monsters (duh) as well as end-game variants of old monsters. No G-rank though
>>
>>344851069
I have like 5 different save files for each game. Good on ya if you were there.
>>
>>344851118
New mechanics? Anything as shit tier as underwater battles?
>>
>>344851218
Hunting styles and arts.
>>
>>344851218
in addition to weapons you pick 4 'styles' which change things up quite a bit, not nearly as bad as underwater but mounting is still in the game
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.