[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /v/ think of this game and it's gimmick?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Boktai_cover_art.jpg (32 KB, 316x320) Image search: [Google]
Boktai_cover_art.jpg
32 KB, 316x320
What did /v/ think of this game and it's gimmick?
>>
>>344841551
Creative though a bit stupid in that the original GBA didn't have a backlight so the sun would outshine the game's screen.
>>
>>344841551
explain further
>>
>>344841664
Oh yes also this game would probably be a hell of a lot cooler today if it could hook itself up to a weather network app and use that app's data of your local area's weather and tie it to the game's sunlight strength.
>>
>>344841551
I'm not sure it even works on an emulator so it doesn't really matter...I couldn't find any sunlight settings on mine anyway.
>>
>>344841551
>I'm not sure it even works on an emulator

It does. You can also adjust the light levels.
>>
>>344841836
That's a top shelf idea
>>
File: 54612459_p4.jpg (268 KB, 800x1131) Image search: [Google]
54612459_p4.jpg
268 KB, 800x1131
Fun games.

The idea was a nice novelty(Although if you lived in a not so sunny place you were pretty much fucked)
>>
>>344841551
An interesting and fun gimmick, but the game didn't feel very replayable. I'd still recommend it, while you're outside anyways.

>>344842002
>You can also adjust the light levels.
Just so you know, OP, there are a lot of things besides gun recharging that are affected by light level, so don't just set it to full light and assume it will all be fine.
>>
I really wanted Django in smash.
>>
File: goodbye django.gif (302 KB, 1067x809) Image search: [Google]
goodbye django.gif
302 KB, 1067x809
>>344841551
Loved this series, sad that they died with all the things I love, like MMBN series and crossovers.
>>
>>344844317
Be glad they died a quite peaceful death. With a canon ending to boot. Better then screaming being milked and beaten past expiration. The entire franchise and MMBN stand solid as a whole rather then being treated like shit.

>inb4 some nitpick like MMN4 sucked and all the games had major flaws / whatever people bitch about for Boktai
Not my point.Even if its true.
>>
File: to live is something wonderful.gif (122 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
to live is something wonderful.gif
122 KB, 500x377
>>344844764
>Be glad they died a quite peaceful death. With a canon ending to boot. Better then screaming being milked and beaten past expiration. The entire franchise and MMBN stand solid as a whole rather then being treated like shit.
True, I'm currently playing the 3rd one with that english patch, but I would have liked to see it grow. Even at the cost of it becoming a monster. So sad.
>>
https://youtu.be/BbwUnI34vqo

This is the only thing I know about Boktai.
>>
>>344846994
Yeah, except that is the Lunar Knights Gun del Sol.
>>
>>344841551
>it's
>>
>>344841551

It was brilliant and I loved it.

I'll never forget seeing the Japanese commercial for this game on Cenimatech.

Where does the time go...
>>
>>344846994
Here, learn something new.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu3dywCTH0I

Actually, I didn't realize you could melt that ice. Or, rather, I knew you could but didn't in my playthrough. I think I took out the ice dog before the volcano, and so didn't have the gun part necessary.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.