[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.strawpoll.me/10733738
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1437345258516.jpg (52 KB, 467x640) Image search: [Google]
1437345258516.jpg
52 KB, 467x640
On your first play through in Dark Souls which NPCs did you kill, either on accident or intentionally? Killing Hostile NPCs for their sidequest steps or killing everybody before NG+ doesn't count.
>>
Lautrec in the first game on purpose and Onifrex in the 2nd game on accident
>>
In my very first playthrough I killed Solaire and Laurentius when they became hostile.
I never attack NPCs on any game, at least during my very first playthrough.
>>
>>344818397
I didn't kill anyone accidentally, because I was careful not to press buttons while talking to them.
I also didn't kill anyone purposely, because that would cut off any potential sidequests. people who kill Lautrec because he sounds sinister are literally retarded. Windowlicking halfwits.
>oh no! this guys sounds scary! Better kill him before he can make my game more interesting!
>>
>>344818397

>no petrus

I killed fatty pally because he seemed bad and I was convinced he had good loot
>>
>>344819074
>people who kill Lautrec because he sounds sinister are literally retarded.

people were saying his ring was OP as fuck. Plus when you fight him it's a literal ganksquad
>>
>>344819610
>Reading what people are saying about the game during your first run.
>Being afraid of gank squads.
>Only reading so far to hear about the ring, but not the greater benefit of finishing his questline.
>Not finding the chance to fight the gank squad exciting.
>>
>>344819610
>Spoiling your first play through by reading guides

I don't understand why people do that. Where's the fun?
>>
>>344819827
>but not the greater benefit of finishing his questline.

there is no benefit

>>344820017
I didn't use guides. I used /v/
>>
I didn't kill any NPCs because I wasn't swinging my weapon around like a retard.
>>
>>344820053
>there is no benefit
You get Anastacia's set. Her robe is amazing for light builds. It's pretty much the min-max item for optimal physical and magic defense, plus it looks cool.
>>
>>344818397
I didn't kill any. I knew they could be hit and aggroed but didn't know which ones were bad or dropped good items so I was always super careful when talking to them.
>>
I killed the Undead Merchant because I didn't realize he was an NPC
I killed Patches when he activates the bridges because I thought he was an invader who was attacking me at the time
>>
I attacked gavlan in ds2 because i went through Doors of Pharros before i found no mans warf.
but because of the grave stones killing npcs in ds2 doesn't even mater
>>
So my DS3 was acting up back then, it would intermittently disconnect or it would start hitting buttons at random. It just so happened that I was talking to Andre for the first time and my guy decided to start heavy attacking. By the time I managed to unplug the controller he was already aggro'd and punching my face in. I pretty much had to put him down later.
>>
>>344818397
I think it was only Lautrec during his quest in Anor Londo. Honestly, playing any of the Souls games blind, I happen to miss 90% of quests for whatever reason, though this one was hard to miss.
>>
>>344818397
The NPC I killed was Petrus and he's not in your list.
>>
>>344820664
>but because of the grave stones killing npcs in ds2 doesn't even mater

except killing Onifrex in the room she is locked in doesn't make that spot a shop
>>
>>344820017
I did because i was convinced by all my friendo dudes who whore themselves out to guides and walkthroughs that it would give me the best outcomes. Felt betrayed that nothing was surprising or engaging so I went DS2+3 blind and enjoyed them more for it.
>>
>>344820809
i didnt know that, maybe From shouldn't have lazily used enemy models for their npcs
>>
File: 1455247150507.jpg (87 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
1455247150507.jpg
87 KB, 621x621
>>344818397
When I first played I attacked everyone NPC up until the blacksmith

It really helped me improve my fighting the first playthrough and I learned how to parry well since I kept dying to the crestfallen warrior...

I'm really stupid because in my mind if I wasn't meant to kill them then I wouldn't be able to damage them...
>>
>>344821057
I didn't realize I killed an NPC until I went on /v/ and said "where the fuck is the other boss soul merchant?"
>>
>>344818397
Dark Souls 3 was my first Souls game.

The first time you meet Siegward when in the tower with the elevator I killed him. I had just talked to the friendly NPC with the big hammer (Vordt's?) about 10 feet behind me and I didn't think the game would throw 2 friendly characters in the middle of a hostile world at me right after the other. Didn't help that they made it look intimidating as fuck. Open these huge doors and down comes this fat armored dude with a huge sword. If I had waited I would have noticed he was friendly but I panicked and whacked him.
>>
I killed the pyromancer trainer that was hiding in the barrels, because i was busting up the barrels and didnt notice him.

Onionbro i killed in anor londo, after drawing a silver knight down some stairs into the room he was in and he got caught in the crossfire.

I also tried to kill the undead merchant in the tunnel behind the gate thinking it was an enemy, and never paid the atonement cost to get access to her.
>>
I killed Crestfallen Warrior first time I got to Firelink. It was a fun battle, and even though I died a lot before beating him it was a good way to train myself on the fundamentals of the game's combat.

Killed Lautrec to get back the Firekeeper's soul.

Besides that, I just never finished Onion's questline, so I don't know if that kills him or if he just hangs out in some spot forever waiting for me. I didn't save Solair but I didn't find him when he went hollow, so I don't know how that counts. It was my first run, after a certain point I just stopped seeing those two characters.
>>
>>344821189
More importantly than learning how to parry, I hoped you learned a lesson about assuming.
>>
>>344818397
I killed Solaire by accident

I got a phone call where you meet him for the first time, put down the controller
when I picked it up, I hit square accidentally and black firebombed him
he aggroed and I had to kill him
>>
>>344821562
Then he made several blog posts about how having a powerful enemy surprise you at the bottom of an elevator is artificial difficulty
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.