[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite first party game? Favorite third party game? How do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Wii.jpg (14 KB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
Wii.jpg
14 KB, 500x391
Favorite first party game? Favorite third party game? How do you feel about the Wii overall?
>>
>Super Mario Galaxy 2
>Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
>Underrated as hell. It really wasn't worse than the Gamecube or N64 library-wise and adapting to the Wiimote/Nunchuck control schemes was piss easy.
>>
Punch-Out Wii
Pandora's Tower
A disappointment, even when it comes to emulation
>>
Sin & Punishment 2
Trauma Team
Was better than the NES and the N64 in my opinion.
>>
Should I replace my Wii with a Wii U? I am fond of my current Homebrew Channel install with USB access to ISOs.
>>
>Skyward Sword (deal with it)
>Epic Mickey (was fantastic, pity for the camera)

It was a fantastic console, lots of great and niche games, it seems to me that it's the last console with tons of games that are not AAA or indie titles, that middle ground that seems to gradually disappear. It has a lot of garbage in the library but since I'm not a soccer mom I can avoid it easily.
Underrated by many.
>>
>>344799610
>How do you feel about the Wii overall?
Fucking love it. Had a lot of hit or miss games but the really good ones were the hidden gems like pic related. It was also nice to see how devs would come up with uses for the motion controls
>>
I love the Wii and think it is disgustingly underrated. Everyone hates the Wii remote and nunchuck but I thought they were great. Playing games like Resident Evil 4 and Mario Galaxy felt extremely fluid with moving and aiming, and playing games like No More Heroes was more comfortable than ever, you could literally just let your hands flop to your sides and play, since the two parts of the controller were separate.

And there were a shitload of good games, both first-party and third-party. Not much for AAA multiplats, though. A huge chunk of the library is under-the-radar gems.
>>
>>344799610
I guess xenoblade chronicles, they are pretty much first party
a close tie between pandoras tower and the last story
I loved it, as much as it sucked that it wasn't as powerful as the other consoles, I still had a blast playing those awesome games, and now that I got around playing gc isos on it, even better
>>
>>344799865
First post best post
I would say no more heroes for 3rd party but awesome choice
>>
>>344799610
>Mario Strikers Charged
>Call of Duty: Black OPS
>Wii > Gamecube
>>
Wario Ware
Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law
I've come to appreciate it more over the past couple years, the modding capabilities and GC backwards compatibility are phenomenal as well as the hidden wii gems.
>>
>Mario Galaxy
>Little King's Story or Rune Factory Frontier

Underrated with an awesomely diverse library, hampered by lax quality control that spoiled it for the developers who really tried.
>>
>>344799610
Wario Land: Shake It
Rune Factory Frontier

Overall, it's a fairly good system. The big-name first party titles were fairly disappointing, but there were a lot of fun games that used the Wiimote well. Unfortunately, it's all buried under nearly a ton of shovelware.
>>
>>344799610
>Metroid Prime Trilogy
>Muramasa

It was a fantastic secondary console but if it was all you owned that generation then it sucked. Its entire library consisted of cool hidden gems.
>>
>>344799610

>Super Mario Galaxy

>Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

It was alright but Nintendo could have done better. Too much shovelware and considerably underpowered hardware but at the same time it had a few hard hitters and was a wonderful emulation box.
>>
>Zelda: Twilight Princess
>Opoona
It really is sad how the Wii had so many great games but it will always be remembered as the "casual machine"
>>
>>344808447
Neither of those are third party....
>>
Sin and Punishment 2
No More Heroes

I never found WAGGLE to be a legitimate criticism unless the controls straight up did not work. There are a lot of great games on the system and unfortunately it kinda got the shit end of the stick when they tried to do the same thing the ps2 did by opening the floodgates to any dev willing to make a game for it.
>>
Rhythm Heaven Fever
No More Heroes
I have no real feelings toward it in general I guess. It's a console, and I play games on it, but I think it deserves both the praise it gets for innovating in control schemes and the condemnation of those innovative controls not working as well as they should and hamstringing otherwise good games while also just being an overclocked GCN and essentially leaving Nintendo a generation behind hardware-wise
>>
>>344799610
Galaxy 2 and tvc with fishing resort and my hidden gem. Wii had a lot of great arcade collections and ports. Its a cool little console.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.