[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Europa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 32
File: Europa-moon.jpg (100 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Europa-moon.jpg
100 KB, 600x600
What game lets me explore the surface of Europa?

Do you guys think there would be life on this planet in that game?
>>
>>344793087
>What game let's me explore a featureless desolate wasteland with no life or soul

Fallout 4
>>
Its a moon and probably not on the surface. There probably won't be much going on down in the sub-surface ocean either if there is one in the first place.
>>
>>344794075
Cite your sources
>>
>>344794790
What part of my post are you agreeing with or disagreeing?

There's zero proof for life in the (likely to exist) ocean beneath the surface of Europe. All of it is mainly speculation, but it's our best bet to find alien life in our solar system.
>>
File: mad.gif (3 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
mad.gif
3 MB, 350x263
>>344793087
>on this planet
>>
>naming a planet after a shitty continent
>>
All the world is yours except Europa.
Attempt no landing there.
>>
>tfw if there are oceans on europa they are under several miles of ice
>pitch black ice cold alien ocean with no surface.
It's cool to think about though, would there be pockets of gases? Rivers deep down through the ice?
>>
>>344795204
It's a dwarf.
>>
>>344795363
>america is filled with dindus
>africa is filled with dindus
>australia is filled with australians
>asia is filled with heartless chinks, only saving grace is japan
>still thinks europe is the worst
>>
>>344795363
>>344793087
>>344795443
>planet
>>
>>344795694
>europe better than africa

Almost had me
>>
>>344794075
>>344795057
>There probably won't be much going on down in the sub-surface
>probably won't

There's a good chance for microbial life, and that's a lot going on beneath the surface.

The only way to really find proof is to send a probe into Europa.

This is in response to your first post alone.
Your 2nd one is more agreeable.
>>
>>344796070
That's what I meant with probably. There really isn't that much backing up the theory that life might be beneath the surface of europe other than the extremophiles we find in the deep oceans on earth.

It might be possible that we find something there, but we don't have any proof of life existing outside of earth at the moment. Only life that can (or might be able to) survive outside of earth.
>>
File: greatredspot.jpg (905 KB, 1825x1190) Image search: [Google]
greatredspot.jpg
905 KB, 1825x1190
>>344794790
>It's a moon
It's a natural satellite of a planet with an orbital barycenter beneath the planet's surface.
>not on the surface
Europa's surface is a barren wasteland of ice, totally sterilized by the extreme radiation created by Jupiter's incredibly powerful magnetic fields.
If life exists on Europa, it would be in the expected sub-surface ocean, shielded from Jupiter's radiation by miles of ice.

>>344795363
>>344795443
Europa is primarily a satellite of Jupiter, not the Sun.
The center of mass between it and Jupiter is within Jupiter, so the Jupiter-Europa system is not a double planet.
Europa is a moon.
>>
Pokemon Go, you'd probably find some pretty rare shit there
>>
File: 1391657632405.gif (1 MB, 266x268) Image search: [Google]
1391657632405.gif
1 MB, 266x268
>>344795694
>yurope
>not full of dindus
>>
>>344796862
man, i can't wait for JUNO's pics of jupiter
>>
>>344796862
5 star post, soldier.

tfw no diving game exploring the sub surface ocean of Europa
>>
>>344796516
There's good reason to believe all life on Earth originated from those extremophiles.

Unless we send a probe to Europa, we never will have that proof.

It'll solve so many questions.
>>
>>344793759

>no life
>wasteland

Under the ice is an ocean, do the assume there is nothing there for life.
>>
File: image.jpg (605 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
605 KB, 1920x1080
You can go to Europa in Warframe, but it's not a very realistic representation.
>>
>Finally find life forms on another planet
>it's just fucking water bears
fucking water bears
>>
>>344797424
Oh yeah don't get me wrong on that. I'm very much in favor of sending a probe. Even if we don't find life we might learn a lot from our findings.

I'm well aware of the theories that are out there. However I try to stay realistic.
>>
Euro truck simulator
>>
Did anybody watch Europa Report here?
>>
>>344797864
Yeah I liked most of it but the reveal at the end was pretty dumb imo along with the fact that the ice is actually very thin in the movie
>>
>>344797708
Sending a probe is a nice idea, but the logistics of it would be staggering. This probe would need to first drill through miles of ice. Then, provided it didn't tumble into a fissure, it would presumably take a sample from the surface which would likely become contaminated by Jupiter's radiation. If you wanted an uncontaminated sample from deep underwater, this would be a drill-probe-submersible. Then there's getting back up from the miles of ice to report home. Science is a bitch.
>>
>>344798090
You're a fucking pussy
the logistics for ww2 were staggering but america pulled it off and then they went to the moon because fuck hitler
>>
I liked europa one
>>
>people honestly hoping there are other inhabitable planets
>can't accept that Earth is literally the only place for a sustainable life

Why? We don't know everything about Earth, let alone Africa or our Oceans but yet we want to live on other planets.

Niggas pls.
>>
>>344798090
>Logistics
>Staggering

Sending a rover to mars was a motherfucker, but we did it. Landing on a comet was a motherfucker, but we did it.

A Europa probe is possible.
>>
>>344798674
Space is such an incredibly hostile environment. A few months there carries the risk of
>Going blind because of pressure on your eyes from extra fluid in your brain
>Losing dangerous amounts of muscle/bone mass because of the lack of gravity
>Suffocation by getting sucked into a vacuum
>Stray projectile with incredible velocity flying into the station while orbiting the Earth, leading you to a fiery death
>Periodic throwing up just because your digestive system is fucked

I'd be willing to live on the moon, but not space in a million years until they make spinning spaceships that artificially induce gravity.
>>
>>344796862
>>It's a moon
>It's a natural satellite of a planet with an orbital barycenter beneath the planet's surface.

Isn't being a natural satellite good enough to be also called moon?
>>
>>344798884
I never said it was impossible, but temper your expectations because that shit isn't happening any time soon. It's fun to fantasize but it's not a priority for NASA and the private industry is focused on recyclable orbital spacecraft, and probably will be for most of our lifetime.
>>
>>344798090
The logistics would be crazy, but I think we can do it. Computers keep getting smaller and smaller so we could cram a lot of stuff in a probe. Other technologies are still getting better nearly daily as well.

I watched a documentary a while back that explained how a probe could possibly look like. Drilling through the ice would be a bitch and a constant power supply would be as well, but I think we could do it.

DESU we're going to have to hurry the fuck up with space exploration before western civilisation ends. I don't think the chinese have got it in them to colonise space, and the muslim horde is content with banging rocks together and eternal war. Indians won't get far either.
>>
>>344799324
https://spaceflightnow.com/2015/03/10/europa-clipper-concept-team-aims-for-launch-in-2022/

>With a commitment from the Obama administration finally in hand after more than a decade of studies and concept papers, NASA expects to give the green light this year for development of a robotic probe to Jupiter’s icy moon Europa that could launch as soon as 2022.
>>
>>344798674
Well, scientific progress is there for a reason.
If everyone was like you we'd still be stuck in Europe thinking that after the pillars of Hercules there isn't anything.
>>
>>344799479
Welp, I missed that. Still extremely skeptical for all the reasons already explained
>>
>>344797601
>Sun is fucking huge
>>
>>344799594
We'll see who's right and who's wrong.
I'll see you in 2022
>>
>>344799692
It's still just a flyby probe hoping to get some samples from the polar surfaces. I'm excited to know what it finds, but it's a far cry from the subsurface samples we really want.
>>
>>344799315
comets are also natural satellites
>>
>>344799675
maybe its 500 gorillion years in the future and the sun got aids and is still yellow instead of red,or there's an artificial sun?
>>
no one mentions Elite Dangerous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyPoaVRErE0
>>
>>344800072
>>344799675
>>344797601

They could've made a fucking massive Jupiter take up most of the sky illuminating the ground and it would've been cooler and more accurate, but nope.
>>
>>344799817
Maybe they could make a type of bullet ejected from the satellite strong enough to simply break through the ice and read back samples.

There's no limit to the possibilities.
It doesn't have to be drilled all the way.
>>
>>344800217
That's cause ED is hot garbage
>>
File: nBUX0VG.jpg (174 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
nBUX0VG.jpg
174 KB, 800x1000
All these plebs here posting about a meme Moon.

You better see the actual contender for containing extraterrestrial life - TITAN.

See the picture. Titan has it all. It has a crust with tectonic activity. It has volcanoes. It has a very thick atmosphere. It has liquid seas. It has earth like hydro cycle where liquid from seas evaporates into clouds and then later rains down.

However there is one very crucial thing different there. Its average temperature is -197 C. What you see on the pic as mountains are not rocks, but actually ice. What you see coming out of the volcanoes is not actually magma, but rather water, which is as hot compared to Titans environment as magma is for earth. The water you see on the pic is not actually water but rather liquid methane. The entire surface is filled with organic molecules.

Scientists believe that there is methane based life that breathes nitrogen and considers -197C as mildly hot.
>>
>>344800434
>all these armchair astronauts
bet you fags have never even BEEN to space
don't even post here until you've gone ballistic with no fuel and made it back home
>>
>>344793087
Space Engine?
>>
The first step in our outward expansion of our solar system is obviously to construct military facilities on both deimos and phobos
>>
>>344795443
It's a fucking moon you dunce.
I bet you think Pluto is a planet too you piece of shit.
>>
>>344800684
>investing in a doomed moon
>>
>>344795363
>after a continent
>not a myth
>>
File: mount-sharp.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mount-sharp.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>You will never be a privately contracted professional cartographer that rolls around in a buggy on weird planets making maps for gas companies.
>>
File: Welcome to hell.jpg (139 KB, 1302x670) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to hell.jpg
139 KB, 1302x670
>>344800573
So to a Titanian species we're made of magma?
>>
>>344800573
This
>>
Why is space so cool uncle /v/?
>>
>>344800573
That's real fuckin neato.
>>
>settling for the shitty moon
>not searching for life in the gas giant itself
>>
File: 654652752237.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
654652752237.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>344800853
We must be getting close to mining asteroids and such by now right?
The amounts of rare minerals that we have access to elsewhere in our solar system is astounding. On top of that, humans consuming more and more of our own resources for things like industry instead of preserving what we have for our burgeoning population is short sighted and has the potential to be our downfall imo.
What do you guys think?
>>
>>344793087
Warframe
>>
>>344797309
Subsurface nigger
Literally the what you just described with a mix of SS13
>>
File: saturn.jpg (6 KB, 600x406) Image search: [Google]
saturn.jpg
6 KB, 600x406
>game where you explore Saturn
>checking out Titan, all is going well
>suddenly you hear this
>yfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh2-P8hG5-E
>>
>>344801151
Pfft, at least the life on Europa could eventually fucking PROGRAM.
>>
File: riddick-vin-diesel-21.jpg (4 MB, 3600x1509) Image search: [Google]
riddick-vin-diesel-21.jpg
4 MB, 3600x1509
>>344800573
You will never be dropped off on Titan-like planet with only a environmental suit and some basic tools to survive.

You will never wander around the planet and discover that it is actually filled with life.

You will never befriend a Titan doggy and adventure with him.

You will never discover an Bronze age-like civilization of aliens.

You will never befriend alien sumerians.

You will never be told that Rain Season is coming.

You will never be told that rain season awakens beast buried underground who will emerge and eat everything they can find and will then mate, lay their eggs into the ground and then die.

You will never fight with those alien sumerians against those beast.

You will never rescue the alien sumerian princess.

Why even live /v/?
>>
>>344800573
you haven't even mentioned the best part.

Titan has 1.5 times the atmosphere of Earth with only a fraction of our gravity. If you get a wing suit, start running and flapping your arms you could theoretically fly.
>>
>>344801519
>tfw Saturn rings are fucking creepy
>>
>tfw you'll never explore space with the excuse to aid humanity and its conquest of distant planets and moons, but in reality you just want to get as far away as humanly possible from niggers
>>
>>344800573
there are a couple of problems with the methane based life forms

first of there is the available energy, even if life is theoretically possible the vastly lower energy on titan will in turn drastically lower the rate at which the pre-life chemical processes happen that in turn will make life possible
there's also the issue that methane is a drastically weaker solvent
>>
>>344801519
Wow this is fucking coo-
" These signals have been shifted into the range of human hearing and compressed in time."
It's fucking nothing. It's always fucking nothing.
>>
File: Moon_trajectory1.svg.png (16 KB, 800x392) Image search: [Google]
Moon_trajectory1.svg.png
16 KB, 800x392
>>344799315
I just gave the generally accepted definition of a moon. Something that naturally fell into orbit around a planet.
But the definition is very broad, and more unusual cases need to be considered. Most planets, even Earth, have the occasional asteroid fall into orbit around them, sometimes for decades or centuries. Should they be automatically counted as "moons"? Do they need to meet other requirements, like a long-term stable orbit?
Then there's cases like Pluto and Charon. Charon doesn't even really orbit Pluto, Charon and Pluto both orbit a point in space between them, their gravitational center of mass. Should Charon be considered Pluto's moon, or are they a "double planet" system?
You could even consider our own Moon. The Moon is an exceptionally large satellite relative to Earth compared to the other planets in the Solar System, though its orbital center of mass is still clearly within Earth, and the Moon is even tidally locked to Earth. However, if you look beyond just the Earth-Moon relationship, you'd find that the Earth's pull on the Moon is less than half of the Sun's own pull. Unlike every other moon, our Moon never moves in retrograde (away from) our orbit around the Sun, but rather seems to share the same path in a sort of dance around Earth. Is the Moon truly our own satellite, or are we part of a pair moving together?
>>
>>344801283
at this point, the cost of asteroid mining is prohibitive
with the current technology not a single known naturally occurring element or compound is profitable to mine
>>
>>344801409
It's actually called Barotrauma now
>>
>>344801765
however Titan has clouds and storms
lighting should contain enough energy
>>
File: saturn.jpg (330 KB, 1883x1024) Image search: [Google]
saturn.jpg
330 KB, 1883x1024
>>344801519
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzeGusU8z_s
>>
>>344801923
What is the most valuable element?
>>
>>344801858
I'd say the barycenter based definition is a perfectly serviceable and elegant one
>>
File: wp_ss_20160707_0014.png (657 KB, 1078x607) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160707_0014.png
657 KB, 1078x607
>>
>>344802031
the energy is there, sure, but the reaction speed will be incredibly slow compared to that of earth to the point that even if the conditions for life on Titan were possible, the mean time for it to happen would exceed the lifespan of our sun
>>
>>344793087

Real Solar System mod in Kerbal Space Program lets you travel there, but I don't think it bothers posing the question of whether or not there would be life.

IIRC, there was also a puzzle game shown at the E3 PC gaming presentation that takes place on Europa. I might find a vid if someone hasn't already posted it in this thread.
>>
>>344795363

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_(mythology)
>>
>>344802104
the most expensive naturally occurring element is Platinum
the most expensive naturally occurring isotope Tritium
and the most expensive commercially utilized element is Californium, but it is entirely artificial and cannot be mined.
Sofar no tritium has been discovered within asteroids and platinum is not profitable
>>
>tfw people a few thousand years ago thought that when you die you could go to another place in the afterlife, refusing to believe that the world they lived in could be so finite
>tfw they could never imagine that they are on a floating rock in an endless void of cold nothingness, a type of nothingness they couldn't even imagine, devoid of even air
>tfw we're just ants stranded on the only lukewarm rock in hell
>>
>>344800597
So why aren't you taking your own advice?
>>
http://undertowgames.com/barotrauma/

Why did the general have to die? ;_;
>>
>>344802839
prove that I haven't done that shit you little bitch
>>
I started catching up on all the (semi-)modern SciFi classics like Foundation and Hyperion.
And that just makes me even more interested in astronomy.

I think I should buy a telescope.
>>
Space Engine
>>
>>344803165
The Expanse is a decent sci-fi tv series and it's not even a year old. One of the cool bits is that all the people who live off of planets or on the asteroid belts are really tall, skinny, lanky motherfuckers because of the lack of gravity.
>>
I love outer space. Absolutely adore it. A shame we won't live to see Mars become colonized and said people becoming altered by its atmosphere and environment. If we can't find aliens, we'll make our own. It'll only take 300 years for real changes to show within their bodies, right?
>>
File: 946jNmR.jpg (163 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
946jNmR.jpg
163 KB, 1920x1080
>>344803302
pic related one of the "belters"
>>
>no mention of Europa Universalis
>>
>>344800573

>constantly -200 C

kek. There's nothing there but methane.
>>
>>344801546
God I love Riddick.
>>
File: Earthrise.jpg (87 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Earthrise.jpg
87 KB, 1024x768
>Marsfags think we're actually going to be able to turn a dead rust desert into Earth
>Implying the only viable off-planet settlements aren't lunar bases and floating colonies in the cloudtops of Venus
>>
>>344803165
do you have any observatories nearby? if you do go there, they usually have a few nights a week where they're open for public and see if the hobby actually interests you

then if you do buy yourself a telescope try not to get ripped off and realize what exactly you can do with one and find out if you're more of a refractor or a reflector kind of guy. (refractor or lens telescope is the most common one, reflector is the mirror based alternative, both have significant differences)

and heck could even be telescope based astronomy isn't exactly your cup of tea, but there's various alternatives. Always popular is meteor observation (bit boring by yourself but fun in groups and gets bonus points for being actually scientifically relevant) and even private radio astronomy isn't as unapproachable as it may seem.
>>
>>344799479

Just a flyby. It's interesting that they're considering taking samples from the plumes, but the absolute best case scenario is they find organic molecules in the sample, and even that would be out there.

>>344800434

That is utterly absurd. There are miles of ice. Anything with enough momentum to 'simply break through' would be cataclysmic.

That aside, there is no way they're going to the subsurface in 2022. They already have the budget set.
>>
File: 1418528668534.jpg (20 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
1418528668534.jpg
20 KB, 500x355
>>344802512
>Implying we're not the progenitors to the heroes that are the holy axe to the galactic tyranny of the alien federation

Stand tall, human.
>>
>>344793087
hard sci-fi novel i read a while back went into great detail about europa having a liquid ocean beneath the ice crust. something about plate tectonics and and a molten core. author proposed that life existed near hydrothermal vents using chemosynthesis
>>
>>344803949
Humans will never stand united! War is our way!
>>
>>344803480
Where is the Shrike?

>>344803754
>do you have any observatories nearby?
About 90 minutes away is a decent one, but I've never been to it. When I was in Vienna (I'm Austrian), I wanted to got the big observatory there twice, but it was always cloudy.

I'm living in a more rural area and have a balcony, so I'm thinking about getting an okay ~150€ telescope and just try it out.
>>
File: alien-3-04-g[2].jpg (157 KB, 1200x794) Image search: [Google]
alien-3-04-g[2].jpg
157 KB, 1200x794
>>344800573
Nice photo. How do I go there?
>>
>>344803854
>>344800434
while his idea is idiotic there are plans to send a probe with a nuclear engine capable of heating itself a way through Europa's ice crust

and then its hoping the ocean theory is correct and not the plastic ice one
>>
>>344804076
Our war will be waged against the grey skins.
Soon, brother.
>>
>>344795694
>europe is filled with sand dindus, cucks, and slavs
>>
>>344797309
Barotrauma is that
>>
>>344804105
a €150 telescope will let you watch planets (mercury, venus, mars, jupiter+moons and saturn) the sun (buy a filter, A GOOD ONE, do not cheap out on telescope filters) and rather select few objects which might get old fast. You want to try for a good number of messier objects you're looking at double the price class

then again if you're going to try from a balcony fitting a more expensive one will be hard (and don't buy a reflector for balcony observation)

but really check out that observatory's website and see what nights they're open, if they're anything like my observatory there'll always be a few people ready to help folks.
>>
>>344803719
>implying you have to turn it into Earth for it to be viable
>implying a Mars settlement doesn't have the potential to be self-sustaining unlike whatever shit you might stack on the Moon
Venus sounds cool tho
>>
>>344804247

Neat. To be sure, it's probable that we will try for Europa's subsurface eventually as long as there is still interest and we haven't found a compelling reason not to. But it's not happening in 2022. I'd be surprised if it was on the top of the docket by 2052.
>>
>some people born in the late 1800's lived to see the first flight, the rise of air warfare, the invention of the jet engine and a successful trip to the moon and back in their lifetime
What wonders will we behold in our time /v/?
>>
>>344799430
Western Civ won't end overnight. What it looks like today will definitely be replaced ship of Theseus style, but country names and borders might remain intact
>>
>>344804821
I'm too blackpilled to be excited about the future desu. It's all downhill from here.
>>
>>344804650
Venusian atmosphere at 50km height has a pressure of about 1bar and an average temperature of 50°C (about 120°F) and is mostly compromised out of carbon dioxide

there are some acidic clouds present but outside of those it would be possible for a human to survive with a simple breathing apparatus
>>
>>344800573
if that pic was taken from Titan then the sun would be a lot smaller
>>
>>344804821
I'd say the degree to which computers have integrated themselves into society is rather spectacular

there's plenty people posting here who owned a commodore 64 back when it was brand new
>>
>>344800573
So what you're saying is it's either a real-life Minerva or a future hydrocarbon mining destination?
>>
>>344804821
>born in the late 1800's
>see some cannons on ships that can blow shit up pretty good
>half a century later
>see the atom bomb
Can't tell if the future to these people looked promising or terrifying.
Same could be said today about drones and the like
>>
>>344805301
could be a cool vacation destination, after all the atmosphere is thick enough and the gravity low enough that a human could fly by tying wings to his arms Icarus style
>>
>>344805301

Or a base of operation for Saturn Helium-3 mining.
>>
>>344805672
if we get to the point we're mining Saturn for Helium-3 we'll probably have put a station in orbit
>>
>>344804821
Who will be the tyrant of this century? I don't think the millennial western generation has it in them to be ruthless leaders so I'm banking on seeing our next Hitler very soon.
>>
>>344804821
Honestly? Nothing. The world as it is seems too scared to go through anything drastically gamechanging. Unless it's by force, the world will stay the way it is for a few centuries more. The landscape and possibly the atmosphere will change, but that's likely it. Colonizing Mars may be next to impossible as we currently are.

We have the bionic eye and invisible cloth may be possible. I just hate that we haven't moved further than the moon. Almost fifty years and we haven't discovered much else.
>>
>>344805809
Some dude in the early 1900s predicted the same thing. Western civilization is dead inside, now we get a Caesar to keep us going for another few hundred years.

Guess who?
>>
>>344806214
all jokes and memes aside, is there anyone who thinks he has any form of serious chance and even if he did his presidency would be even remotely like his campaign?
>>
>>344804574
Maybe you are still here, I was doing some research a few days ago and one that stood out for me is:
http://www.astroshop.de/skywatcher-dobson-teleskop-n-150-1200-skyliner-classic-dob/p,15559
It's at 300€, thus double than what I was planning for my first telescope. But if the 150€ are just wasted on a subpar one, I may as well just spend 300€ to get a decent beginner system.

You said "no reflector for a balcony", but I've not yet decided which one to get.
>>
>>344803719
hey venusbro
I for one think cloud cities would work well. though most experiments and probes will probably be used to see how to prevent our own climate changes, but I still wanna know whats down there, and what could have been. Man do I miss the ussr.

also what about ceres. Cyrovolcaneos. and the fact that it is one of the smallest dwarf planets to have hydrostatic equilibrium. and a shit ton of water. I like how nasa didnt even want to go there so they had to wait for an extension after Vesta. We've know about ceres since 1801! We could have proven water existed in other places in our own solar system mid 80s!
>>
>>344806308
I think he has a fairly good chance. The luegenpresse started believing its own memes about him being unable to win.
As for keeping all his promises, I doubt it. Some of them, I think.
>>
File: battlezone1_screenshot1.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
battlezone1_screenshot1.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
>Ctrl+f Battlezone ITT
>0 results found
>>
File: fb_image.jpg (165 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
fb_image.jpg
165 KB, 1200x630
>>344793087
>>
>>344797592
>Alien life found
>It's just dumb ol' micro-organisms
>>
>>344800573
scientists are fuckin retarded
>>
>>344793759
I think you mean New Vegas lol. Fallout 4's world is a lot more alive than muh Mojave.
>>
Age of Empires, pretty decent amount of European surface
>>
>>344806769
Better that than nothing. We could import them to Earth and see how they react to our germs.
>>
File: hqdefault-1.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>344806595
Came here to post this. Battlezone was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread
>>
>>344806483
that seems like a fairly good one, especially for its price, relatively similar to the one I use but actually cheaper

though before buying it check at the observatory what type of mount you like to use.
The one used by that telescope is pretty good for more casual users and its only real disadvantage is the inability to install tracking motors on it or use it for astrophotography.

At our observatory we use both types, and all the home made ones have used that mount (carved out of wood, telescope tubes themselves made out of plastic sanitation pipes, they're hilarious but damn if they aren't great)

that said one of the great features of a reflector is its ability to observe zenital objects in relative comfort which is mighty useful in populated areas because light pollution gets worse the close you're observing to the horizon.

One practical thing about reflectors is to watch out for condensation, if the mirror condenses you'll have to let it acclimate for a long period of time (depending on humidity could take an hour in more extreme cases) because I'll tell you right now never try to clean the mirror yourself

also a minor point but if you're into solar watching do know reflector filters are more expensive because they are larger on average (Never EVER use an eyepiece filter, that's how people go blind)

€300 is quite a bit of an investment so be sure you're actually planning on using it before buying
>>
>>344806308

He's got a slim chance, but the same could have been said about Brexit, and regardless of how you feel about it, Trump's rise and the call for referendum in Britain have a similar root cause.
>>
>>344808052
I'm still days/weeks away from actually buying one, I'm planning to do a decent amount of research, eventhough I've been wanting to buy a telescope for at least two years now.
Thanks for the tips!

>using an eyepiece filter for solar watching
That does sound like a terrible idea.
>>
File: JehutyZOE2.jpg (3 MB, 3402x4781) Image search: [Google]
JehutyZOE2.jpg
3 MB, 3402x4781
>>344800684
Go to bed Nohman. Aumaan isn't happening.
>>
File: 1443563375705.png (72 KB, 399x391) Image search: [Google]
1443563375705.png
72 KB, 399x391
>>344806308
No to both.Anybody who thinks turmpdaddy is more than a meme is a retard.
I guess you should still vote for him if you're memetrash.
>>
>>344808372
its not as terrible as it sounds, there are quality ones sold but using one on anything other than a €50 "telescope" is just blatantly irresponsible because they're so close to the telescope's focal point which causes them to heat up and if used improperly actually shatter

tube mounted ones tend to be safe though and solar observation is both easy and fun for amateurs, especially if there's a good amount of solar spots (if you can correctly chart them generally speaking you can actually send the observation to your local observatory and it'll be used in the international statistics)

as long as you expect ye great fiery orbe its fine, its only when people dick around they're getting free laser surgery
>>
>>344806903
Most retarded possible post
>>
>>344802262

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0gIz1RyI_o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiAy8x2MG0A

Can't believe no one's posted this yet. I thought you shitters watched E3.
>>
>>344806769
>Implying that wouldn't be the biological discovery of the century
>>
>>344808401
>No good left-wing party to vote for
>The other two parties are shit

Kill me senpai
>>
File: haventyouheard.jpg (110 KB, 1271x532) Image search: [Google]
haventyouheard.jpg
110 KB, 1271x532
>>344806769
Dude...
>>
>>344804821
The fall of civilization.
>>
>>344798674
>We don't know everything about Earth

We don't know everything about anything: The human body, the long-term effects of vaping, the basic building block of life that is the atom, nothing. I don't understand how this is an argument, why does aspiring to expand throughout the Universe hinder progress on all these other things? Look at what happened after NASA was formed and the technologies that came to fruition as a result, they aided in every facet of daily life including the effectiveness of our research and development on pretty much any topic and industry. WD-40, the microchip, artificial limbs, LEDs, freeze-drying, these were all offshoots of the work and desire we put into just going to the fucking Moon.

Yes, right now, in current year, Earth is literally the only place for a sustainable life. The whole idea is that this will not be the case in the future. We'd better hope this is not the case in the future.
>>
>>344806769
What and why does even create life?
>>
>>344798674
>You need to make 7 more discoveries before unlocking the next chapter.
Kek
>>
>>344798674
I don't think you know how civilization works.
>>
>>344793759
>d-do i fit in yet guys?
>>
>>344796070
>send probe and potentially contaminate with earth shit
>destroy developing alien life
>explore empty space ocean
>>
>>344813697
I think it would be ironic if life on Earth as we know it was started because of some alien space program fuck up where they sent a probe to here and ended up contaminating the planet with their planet's shit.
>>
File: 324123456341.png (291 KB, 442x331) Image search: [Google]
324123456341.png
291 KB, 442x331
>>344801519
>saturn makes a better dark ambient album than 99% of modern artists
>>
File: pulsar_destruction_by_guillebot.jpg (208 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
pulsar_destruction_by_guillebot.jpg
208 KB, 1280x960
>no games that feature my favorite celestial object
>>
>>344806769
I'd like to imagine there's some fucking giant sea monsters down there, like Subnautica or somesuch.
>>
File: dNVvntX.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
dNVvntX.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>344806769
>dumb
>ol'
>microorganisms
>>
>>344793087
Well, Destiny would have but that didn't happen. I'm not sure if you can go there in Elite Dangerous horizons
>>
>>344817907
sadly enough Europa, even in the most generous theories, simply does not have the energy and concentration of resources necessary to support anything more complex than single celled organisms
>>
>>344818175
Well it'd still be one of the greatest discoveries in Human history, so I can live with that.
>>
>>344813697
emptying the ocean is not likely, but introducing terrestrial life vastly more efficient than the local life forms is a very real threat, especially because any life forms that would actually survive the trip would be highly adaptive extremophiles that came from a vastly more competitive biosphere
>>
>>344793087
Probably the cowboy bebop game
>>
>>344795694
>only saving grace is japan

Nips were the worst of the bunch for fucking years man
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (142 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
142 KB, 1920x1080
>>344793087
Space Engine:

SpaceEngine - a free space simulation program that lets you explore the universe in three dimensions, from planet Earth to the most distant galaxies. Areas of the known universe are represented using actual astronomical data, while regions uncharted by astronomy are generated procedurally. Millions of galaxies, trillions of stars, countless planets - all available for exploration. You can land any planet, moon or asteroid and watch alien landscapes and celestial phenomena. You can even pilot starships and atmospheric shuttles.
>>
>>344806961
>>344806595
fucking this
this shit creeped me out as a kid

tfw your comrade suffered a painful, violent death on a moon 628 million kilometers away from home
tfw nobody will know how he died because secret war
tfw his corpse will probably be stuck in there forever because of inmediate permafrost, dangerour radiation and tidal forces shifting and cracking the ice surface
>>
File: file.png (316 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
file.png
316 KB, 500x500
>what could have been
>>
>>344803302
Don't watch the show, read the books, it's always better.
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.