[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any games that are playable solely with a keyboard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: shrug.jpg (8 KB, 236x147) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
8 KB, 236x147
Are there any games that are playable solely with a keyboard?
>>
>>344783950

touhou
>>
>>344783950
Plenty
>>
Dark Souls
>>
>>344783950
Every 2D fighting game?
Almost every 2D platformer?
>>
Gothic 1 (probably can play it onehanded with a few rebinds) and probably the same for gothic 2
>>
>>344783950

mavis bacon typing
>>
doom
>>
DMC4
Doom
>>
>>344783950
speedrunners
>>
Emulators.
>>
>>344783950
Binding of issac
>>
>>344784106
DS1 was a pain playing keyboard only im glad i discovered the mouse fix
>>
RBO
>>
>>344783950
Typing of the dead
>>
Tetris.
Space Invaders.
>>
The Typing of the Dead
>>
>>344783950
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>344784272
You're not wrong there
>>
You must be very new to gaming on pc at least if you're asking this question. There are tons of games that play better with just a keyboard or are intended for keyboard only play. Old fps'es like doom get broken by having mouse look. Roguelikes up until the 2000s never saw any games that where playable with just your mouse. And there's of course simulation type games where you do things like operate a jet or a u boat or whatever.

There are literally 1000s of games that don't require your mouse anon, I suggest if you want to learn a bit more about gaming head over to hardcore gaming 101, they have some great articles and they'll even explain to you control types that these games held.

You should really know something about videogames before trying to talk about them anon. Just saying.
>>
>>344783950
Liberal Crime Squad, Dorf Fort
>>
Emulators of the Consoles
Driving/racing games
Fighting games
Early FPS games
Text adventures
>>
>>344785651
Romero himself said mouselook is the definitive way of playing doom/quake, dumbshit
>>
Shovel Knight.
Dwarf Fortress.
Doom, if you don't mind keyboard aiming.
Most emulatable games.
>>
>>344785651
>Old fps'es like doom get broken by having mouse look

Wouldn't say so. As long as the mouselook is locked to the horizontal axis as it was originally I feel the game plays better and delivers a more responsive experience.

However if you meant full XY axis view then I agree, it's really bad and screws with level design.
>>
>>344785815
You mean romero himself behind such classics as daikatana? Better take his word as law then.

Truthfully I don't care what romero has to say, he lost credibility a long time ago.
>>
>>344783950
Many MUDs
>>
Crypt of the necrodancer
>>
doom 3d
>>
>>344784436
I actually prefer it with keyboard only, but that's just me.
>>
>>344783950
Every shitty no effort RPGmaker game ever?
>>
>>344786092
Might as well stop playing his games then if he's such a wet spot to you.
>>
>>344786226
;) But I don't plan on doing that. I just value my ideas and opinions more than I value someone with name recognition as the main thing pushing them.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
>>
File: browse_0068.png (45 KB, 761x402) Image search: [Google]
browse_0068.png
45 KB, 761x402
Use me like one of your french controllers, b-bbaka!
>>
>>344783950
Any game that doesn't require 2 sticks or a mouse. So emulation up to the dreamcast, racing games and fighting games.
>>
Risk of Rain
>>
>>344785651
>You should really know something about videogames before trying to talk about them anon
he asked a question
your sperginess is over 9000 (old meme, don't expect you to get it)
>>
Any roguelike. Most of them do not even support mouse.
Any platformer.
Almost any spacesim
>>
>>344783950
Fighting games
>>
Every 2D Platformer ever.
>>
Any emulated GB/GBC/GBA/NES/SNES/N64 game.
>>
>>344783950
Maprustoree
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>344783950
Most racing games and 2d platformers
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.