[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I play this in a relaxed pace, or is everything timed like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
Can I play this in a relaxed pace, or is everything timed like Shenmue?
>>
You can really take a long time inbetween story missions doing your own thing, no time limit on that except for going to bed at night.

If you want to do every single side mission though you should try and do everything available as certain side missions do become unavailable after certain story cues.
>>
There's only like one or two missions that are timed I think and they're towards the end.
>>
>>344770145
The only timed missions I can think of are the "my pot is too cold" lady.
>>
>>344770145
On console yes

On PC you need to spend possibly hours to fix some bugs and pray it doesn't drop massive frames every second

Don't get it on PC , game is broken.
>>
Some are timed some are not and if they are a fuck huge timer appears, also take advantage of free time to get the best weapons. The combat isnt too good
>>
The only thing you should do is make sure you do a few early sidequests that give you an unbreakable guitar (melee weapon) and some other upgrades that improve travel and guns.
>>
>>344770659
You can get the infinite SMG right out of the gate if I remember correctly.
>>
>>344770659
I only used the squad car and i liked it, mainly because of the song
>>
>>344770730
Dont you need to buy the maps? Which are expensive as fuck
>>
>>344770918
$2000 for infinite weapons ain't bad.
>>
Redpill me on Deadly Premonition
Worth a pirate?
>>
>>344771269
it's worth watching on youtube
the gameplay is terrible, but the cutscenes/dialogue are great
>>
>>344771269
It's literally my favourite game of all time. At first it is hilarious because it is like you are playing the game version of a so bad it's good movie. The gameplay is really fidgety and feels bad, the audio levels fuck up constantly requiring subtitles, and the game overall feels cobbled together.

BUT, the more you play the more you get invested into the story, the characters really start to develop in a really immersive way, and you'll find yourself getting wrapped into it despite yourself.

Not only that but there are really cool ideas buried beneath the budget title constraints, like a fully working town where the NPCs will go about their day, the gimmick of talking to Zach while driving is incredibly comfy, and it's really just a Japanesey Twin Peaks.

Great soundtrack, great story, great voice acting, and hilarious everything else. A broken masterpiece.
>>
>>344771358
There's nothing wrong with the gameplay in the Director's Cut.
>>
>>344771358

This.

It's a decent watch but actually playing it is a chore. The publisher forced the developer to add gameplay because they didn't like the idea of publishing an interactive movie and it's clear the developers did the absolutely least amount of work they possibly could in that regard, they didn't even care that the framerate drops to single digits during some of the gameplay sequences.
>>
>>344771269
It's what Alan Wake should've been.
>>
>>344772293

Alan Wake is a much, much better game than this. Maybe it's not quite as "quirky" but it looks and plays a fuckload better.

Besides, despite what people claim, Alan Wake isn't trying to be a Twin Peaks knock off, it's trying to be a Stephen King knock off and they actually nailed that pretty well.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.